Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
For those of you who have managed to do well at High Stakes Super 7 when does the prize roster change in the week, is it same as the weekly Super 7 prize car or are the prizes selected at random each time you start a new one?

Currently trying this again after a 'boycott' as first day went well but there are some clothes up in this run and with 8 mins to go until season change I don't think I am gonna reach the 7th challenge...

I fired up FH4 today, but after the FH5 announcement and seeing that there are no new events... I'm packing my bags for Mexico. It was a great run!
I tried but the single player seasonals were S1 and S2 class... not for me.

Well that went well...NOT!!!

Finally got to challenge number 7 and thought am I finally gonna get something as a reward but NOOO had to get a challenge of do XX speed in less than 35 seconds and I blew it again, it's a good thing no one else was in to hear me yell.

High Stakes is never to be touched again even if it's a decent prize on offer...I really don't get why I dislike this so much, probably because I am not a gambling nature person. Rant over!

The reward car for the regular Super7 is the 1985 Mazda RX-7, one of my favorite cars of all time.

I kind of wish we never saw the unreleased car files when they actually turned out to be so reliable for FH4. Over time I got more and more confident that it was only a matter of time before we’d get the leaked Lamborghini Espada, Mazda 323 GTR, Venturi Atlantique, etc. Then all of a sudden they add a VUHL and leave us hanging with nothing more to look forward to as far as FH4 is concerned. Not to mention that accidental Porsche 911 Sport Classic thumbnail tease a few months back.

I already miss the monthly “need to obtain new car” routine this game brought over the last few years. FH4 even predated the depressing corona mayhem, but it stayed on track providing a much needed escape from all that. I get the developers need to move onto new projects and generate turnover again, but it would have looked great on paper if FH4 had kept going all the way to Series 50 with meaty content updates, even with FH5 coming out. Series 37 arrived like the game suddenly got semi-abandoned.

Personally speaking, irony being I just bought a Series X earlier this week and FH4 is pretty much all I’ve played on Xbox for the last year or so. At least Forza Motorsport is getting reborn eventually and I’m also hyped for Flight Simulator coming out in a few days. Still not feeling the FH5 hype, and I think much of it has to do with how emotionally invested I became in building my FH4 car collection. Starting over with another open-world Forza just feels somewhat pointless in that context, but that’s just me I guess.

Last edited:
Here is a little quiz for everyone...

Can you guess the Forza Horizon 4 location in the following photo which I took last weekend...?

20210718_171346.jpg

I guess it's a testament to the FH4 artists that they made the in game location recognisable in real life.
Well done. You win a special prize, some sheep that were in the field next to it (very FH4-like I thought!)

20210718_164320.jpg

And a Barn Find no less 😁 which was in a corner of one of the fields you can see in our pictures...

20210718_181308.jpg

So what is the general view on Super 7 High Stakes now it's been in the game for a period of time?

I am personally really disliking it, I have been trying every time I go on the game despite my initial mutters but I simply cannot complete the challenge in full, I always get something involving a 20second trial around 3rd/4th card and bam my skills have no chance.

It always seems to pick drag strip or jump challenges for me with very 'strict' time limits and I just find it frustrating so I want to know if it's just me or should I really just forget about trying to win the prizes that are on offer, it seems like I should but then again I am thinking it has to be possible to achieve the full 7 high stakes as there are Youtube video's showing success.

I am starting to feel guilty because I am 'disliking' a lot of these challenge in game which I know there is nothing wrong with stating a dsilike but surely I should have better success by now with practice.

Any comments appreciated, I'm still gonna try and hope one day I win high stakes as I 'never give up' on things. 👍

I'm not a massive fan of the High Stakes mode. I've made it to the seventh challenge once, which I failed (a really tight time limit and AI cars effectively blocking the road at the final corner with no rewind available).

The trouble for me is that with a lot of challenge cards it's not immediately clear what you have to do, especially the ones written in a foreign language. (I understand people from other countries may have this problem all the time if they don't speak English!) Even something as simple as "floor it to the end of the drag strip" can be difficult first time if the game spawns you facing in the wrong direction and the time allowed is very strict.

I've made challenge cards in the past few months that will be a nightmare for anyone trying to complete them first time of asking - in the normal Super 7 mode that doesn't matter that much because players can retry them and work out how to win.

That's the main problem in my view - the difficulty is so inconsistent. Most challenges are easy to complete first time (ignore the convoluted stunt course in the sky and drive 200 yards in 30 minutes) but there are others carefully designed to need multiple attempts to beat. No, I haven't got any real solutions to this, other than maybe a ranking generated by Total Attempts v Total Successes or one that takes into account the average percentage people win by above the target.

It also feels strange having this new mode turning up so late in the game's life, most players will have got all the cars they're interested in by now. Maybe if it had been released a year ago it would have been a way to get hold of the rarest cars, but with the Backstage Passes taking care of most of the rare ones it's a bit late - there's no real incentive for me to play it.

I go on occasionally now but it does feel good not to worry about any more new cars coming to the new seasons. I still collect my weekly awards too. Maybe I’ll start working on Forza 7s career mode since I didn’t finish it.

I go on occasionally now but it does feel good not to worry about any more new cars coming to the new seasons. I still collect my weekly awards too. Maybe I’ll start working on Forza 7s career mode since I didn’t finish it.
Same. I'm also glad no achievements are attach to S7HS as well. I usually play both that and the S7 when seeking fun, though easy challenges just to pass the time, as well as sell exclusive cars to people. After almost three years of playing FH4, it honestly feels good to just relax until FH5 shows up. :)

Maybe I should finish FM7's career mode too, but I'm soooooo lazy. :P

After almost three years of playing FH4, it honestly feels good to just relax until FH5 shows up. :)
Speaking on my own behalf, FH4 has been a great source of relaxation for me, and I’ve never once “worried” about them giving us more cars to collect. It sounds like the game has been a burden to you guys. 🤔

Speaking on my own behalf, FH4 has been a great source of relaxation for me, and I’ve never once “worried” about them giving us more cars to collect. It sounds like the game has been a burden to you guys. 🤔
A burden!? Not at all, especially when you have collected all 753 cars you can drive around in game. :D

Last edited:
Had the indignity of doing a Forzathon on my own today, worse thing was after one and a half rounds completed and 15 mins I only got 20 points, you should get more if you try to do it on you own.

It had moments that felt like a burden, like the weekly Forzathon that required you to grind 7 million skill points in the early-ish days of the game, or the Trials that featured Cross-Country races in winter with absolutely useless car categories, but generally speaking the game has been a very enjoyable experience.

I liked the base game of FH4 itself, but I hated Festival Playlist and the large amount of exclusive cars.
I did all of that every week without a break, but never once did I find it fun.

With FH5, and future Forza they will repeat the same thing, but hopefully the system will be a bit more user friendly, with non-Forza Edition exclusive cars being added to autoshow after a certain period of time from release.

I liked the base game of FH4 itself, but I hated Festival Playlist and the large amount of exclusive cars.
I did all of that every week without a break, but never once did I find it fun.
The only problem I see with exclusive cars is you cannot collect cars at your own convenience, but the process of completing things to get them is something I have enjoyed more than anything in game besides driving of course. I have never felt bored trying to complete the objectives of the playlists when there was a great reward at stake, whereas everything else in the main game seemed to lack a sense of urgency to me.

Got another 3 cars off my wanted list this week. Needed both Forzathon shop cars and the Maserati Ghibli.

59 cars left to acquire, although some are preorder cars which are basically unobtainable to me.

I realised I just lacked the contents of the backstage pass shop, a handful of Autoshow cars, plus the Cougar and the Capri FE, so I finished off my collection this weekend (minus four preorder cars). Now I've got a few months to play other games before starting again with an empty garage in Mexico.

Was Hot Wheels Legends Pack a tester to see how many would buy it, late in the game's life? How many did, do you think?

It'll bug me that my car collection will be incomplete without it but there's no point since I've stopped playing FH4! Sacrilege, you say? Well, having had a detour to Australia a while back, I'm now in Colorado beating Darius, with Europe lined up next :D

I dislike the fact that Forzathon Live sessions limit the max quantity of players can participate in it to 12 players.

I have lost count how my times i've been dropped to another session alone or with one or two players when this occasion occurs.

Sure you can avoid this occasion by just arriving 2-3 minutes earlier before it starts, but it's still a bummer, especially when there's a gamemode (Eliminator) that supports up to 72 players.

Recycled playlist for Series 38 revealed, as expected. However, once again Tom hinted at ambitions to keep FH4 “a fun experience” once FH5 is out, and Leah gave that secretive smirk as he said they cannot talk about it just yet. What are they playing at?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm pretty new to this site but have been watching this forum for sometime. I've noticed that recently the dev have been secretly updating Quadra V-Tech from CP 2077. The car now has a silver bull dog toy on the driver side dash near the door, Added "Turbo R" badging on the back, V-Tech Badging on the Spoiler and a sticker near the spoiler. Last time they update the car, i believe they only change the headlights and taillights

Last edited:
Has anyone else had the Stories and Businesses disappear from the map entirely after the Summer update today? They are totally gone for me as if they never existed...

Recycled playlist for Series 38 revealed, as expected. However, once again Tom hinted at ambitions to keep FH4 “a fun experience” once FH5 is out, and Leah gave that secretive smirk as he said they cannot talk about it just yet. What are they playing at?
The most likely one would be a car pack released with both FH4 and FH5.
They did it with FH3 and FM7, and FM7 and FH4. And these cross-generational car packs were a bit different content like Hoonigan and Formula Drift.
They have scanned the Hoonigan VW Baja bug in the past so maybe we will get another new Hoonigan car pack.
Regardless of whether you or I like it or not.

Am I the only one that is experiencing network-related issues for over 2 months not only in this game, but the 2 other titles, too? Horizon Life doesn't work at all, locking me out of most of the game. Other online features also don't work for the previous 2 Forza Horizon games. All the Motorsport games work perfectly, though, just not the Horizon games.

Back