Forza horizon 4 is announced

England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
Finally Microsoft has announced Forza Horizon 4 at the pre E3 show. Have never loved British weather until now.

Last edited:
I saw quite a few promising things as well as some things that worry me. Hopefully we'll get more info over the week (mainly how the all cars are other players thing will work).

I'm so drunk and so ****ing happy.

I hope the map is enlarged. That would make this effing perfect.

thank you T10 and Playground games so much

I'll go and let this drunk boy chill

hopefully the best Horizon ever

GtGuy peace out :cheers:

I am so excited for this! Has it been confirmed if it's all of Britain or just Scotland? Scotland is beautiful but it would be nice to explore other areas too.

I have always been a sim gamer first but Horizon just gets me so much more excited than Forza Motorsport these days. Looks epic.

I am so excited for this! Has it been confirmed if it's all of Britain or just Scotland? Scotland is beautiful but it would be nice to explore other areas too.
Well considering he said Britain and not Scotland, you'd assume it was Britain!

I would like a bigger a bigger cityscape than Surfers Paradise in FH4. Didn't really like Surfers in FH3.

I think Ralph mentioned the English countryside as well, so my reckoning is it'll be a scaled down version of the border area between East Lothian and Northumberland.

No Japan? Lame . The " other cars yo usee are players" part is a huge turn-off. I don't want to play anything resembling the original need for speed reboot.

Featuring a shared-world experience with dynamic seasons in stunning native 4K and HDR, Forza Horizon 4 reimagines open-world driving with new features, historic locations in Britain, and more choice and customization than ever before.

• Seasons Change Everything – Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that change gameplay, unlocking new events and routes, impacting driving conditions, and transforming open-world exploration – all in native 4K and HDR. Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.
  • Open-World Freedom – Forza Horizon 4 allows players to choose their path to becoming a Horizon Superstar. We’re proud to introduce two of our most fan-requested features – a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world and the option to play at 60 frames per second for players on Xbox One X.
  • Collect Over 450 Cars and Customize Your Horizon Life – With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.
  • Go it Alone or Team Up – Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams. In addition, integrated Mixer broadcasting and spectating features add to an already fun and rewarding experience.
Available for pre-order starting on Monday, June 11 at your local Microsoft Store and on Microsoft.com, Forza Horizon 4 arrives worldwide on October 2, exclusively on Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs and Xbox Game Pass. Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06...nture-in-forza-horizon-4/#l5r2ytLgUpAVCOxB.99

Gameplay:

Is the 2012 Eagle Speedster back from Forza Horizon 1!?
screenshot-forza-horizon-eagle-speedster.jpg

Aside from hype induced platitudes, let me say this:

This is a show me game for Playground, and indeed, the Forza series as a whole. Nobody can really deny that Forza 7 was a massive bomb of a game, one that did a lot of damage to the Motorsport series in the eyes of people, especially with the lack of new content out the gate, and especially the poor DLC schedule. Horizon has proven to be the top dog in the racing genre in terms of sales and critical acclaim, and could be the more powerful of the Forza franchises. So Playground needs to make sure that the general rot of Turn 10 in terms of bugginess and poor quality control is stamped out, but they also need to prove that they can shoot high considering they are reaching territory that TDU 1 and 2 tried to reach with varying degrees of success.

I also want to know how large the map is, because The Crew 2 specifically has shown that yes, you can have a large open world for a driving game that is fairly well populated and be interesting enough to be good. Wonder how densely populated Edinburgh is.

Also incredibly glad to see player customization in terms of clothing and the like.

Aside from hype induced platitudes, let me say this:

This is a show me game for Playground, and indeed, the Forza series as a whole. Nobody can really deny that Forza 7 was a massive bomb of a game, one that did a lot of damage to the Motorsport series in the eyes of people, especially with the lack of new content out the gate, and especially the poor DLC schedule. Horizon has proven to be the top dog in the racing genre in terms of sales and critical acclaim, and could be the more powerful of the Forza franchises. So Playground needs to make sure that the general rot of Turn 10 in terms of bugginess and poor quality control is stamped out, but they also need to prove that they can shoot high considering they are reaching territory that TDU 1 and 2 tried to reach with varying degrees of success.

I also want to know how large the map is, because The Crew 2 specifically has shown that yes, you can have a large open world for a driving game that is fairly well populated and be interesting enough to be good. Wonder how densely populated Edinburgh is.

Also incredibly glad to see player customization in terms of clothing and the like.

Seems that now MS have Playground, the shift should be more focused towards Horizon than Motorsport IMO.

I'm watching this one from afar. I've played less and less of the Horizon games as they've come out although I did FH3 did keep my interest longer than FH2 with Surfers; I just lose interest in this series after a couple months. The ownable-property and changing seasons are interesting, making me curious to see if Horizon 4 introduces anything the Motorsport series can adapt.

But yeah, for the most part, I may pass on this one depending what else is shown like the highways, a city, or how big the map is and how it varies. It is a beautiful game, though and really paints the UK as a gorgeous land of nature.

Looks fantastic, although being able to pre-order the planned expansions via the expensive version of the game feels like day one dlc taken even further, leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for me.

Although this is on Game Pass. I will probably buy this outright, with all the DLC and buy expansions when they land. I never buy a season pass without released material.

I'm watching this one from afar. I've played less and less of the Horizon games as they've come out although I did FH3 did keep my interest longer than FH2 with Surfers; I just lose interest in this series after a couple months. The ownable-property and changing seasons are interesting, making me curious to see if Horizon 4 introduces anything the Motorsport series can adapt.

But yeah, for the most part, I may pass on this one depending what else is shown like the highways, a city, or how big the map is and how it varies. It is a beautiful game, though and really paints the UK as a gorgeous land of nature.

The main thing I can see Motorsport adapting is likely the dynamic seasons.

Seems that now MS have Playground, the shift should be more focused towards Horizon than Motorsport IMO.

The thing is, MS shouldn't try and shift it towards one or the other. There should be a balance, because there is merit in a Forza Motorsport title. Just...not the one that we got with Forza 7. If it means making it a once every two years series, so be it. Because it looks obvious to me that many of the problems sith regards to Forza 7 come from MS putting ungodly amounts of pressure on Turn 10 from what amounts to a yearly release window.

The main thing I can see Motorsport adapting is likely the dynamic seasons.
That's the biggest. But, if I'm not mistaken, a crucial difference is that the Motorsport series wants 1080P, 60 FPS & the Horizon series settles in at 30FPS right? I fear that will play a large role in accomplishing dynamic weather/season.

That's the biggest. But, if I'm not mistaken, a crucial difference is that the Motorsport series wants 1080P, 60 FPS & the Horizon series settles in at 30FPS right? I fear that will play a large role in accomplishing dynamic weather/season.
The E3 announcement mentioned a 60FPS mode for consoles.

Per IGN

Another feature, which Playground is dubbing Horizon Stories, adds a host of bespoke driving opportunities spearheaded by a large injection of new characters to the Horizon world.

“In previous games, everyone you’ve ever met at the festival, worked or lived at the festival,” says Brown. “Because you’re living there now we wanted to try and add more life to the world, so through a feature we’re calling Horizon Stories you’ll now meet people from around the UK; [they’re] colourful characters which will give you loads of really cool driving opportunities.”

Brown explains we’ll be able to pick up gigs like being a stunt driver in a movie, or assisting in a car documentary shoot.

Playground has also introduced purchasable properties to the game, from quaint country cottages to Edinburgh Castle itself, as well as the ability to buy businesses. The example given was a taxi firm, which will reward us for darting all over the map in a tricked-out Austin FX4. There’s even avatar customisation this time around – the cast of characters is the same crew introduced in Forza Horizon 3, but Forza Horizon 4 will ship with around 500 apparel choices designed to work across both genders. They’ll also be able to express 50 emotes that will be seen at key moments, like after races.

More gameplay is always welcome

Back