Forza Horizon 4 November Update Now Available: New Paint Options, New Wheels and More

Patch notes courtesy of Nitro Glitter.

New Features
  • Implemented multi-material color selection for a number of cars and rims, as well as adding in a number of new to Horizon rims.
  • Added the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage.
Cross Platform Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Xbox Game Pass holders were not entitled to the Formula Drift pack.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive rewards for completing a seasonal PR stunt they already completed.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving double #Forzathon points after re-purchasing Lake Lodge.
  • Improved UI to make it clearer when players are earning double #Forzathon points.
  • Fixed an issue to keep players grouped together after finishing a #Forzathon Live Event.
  • Fixed an issue with Route Blueprint where the player was placed at the incorrect finish point after completing a custom route.
  • Fixed the camera issues caused by rewinding immediately after placing a checkpoint in Route Blueprint.
  • Fixed an issue in Route Blueprint where players could run out of checkpoints preventing them from being able to finish route creation.
  • Added information to the Route Blueprint UI to show how many checkpoints have been placed, and how many are left to be placed.
  • Fixed an exploit in Route Blueprint for farming Pass Skills from AI cars.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to enter Rivals events in cars which did not match the restrictions.
  • Fixed an issue where players in Private Adventures were able to select cars which did not meet the restrictions.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to navigate up and down on the vinyl select screen in the Livery Editor.
  • Reduced the cost of some engine swap upgrades.
  • Fixed an exploit to extend the length of Skill Songs.
  • Fixed an issue where Car Pass 'New Cars' game alert would appear too early.
  • Fixed an issue where only one player on a team would receive the award from the Trial and Seasonal Championships.
  • Fixed an issue in co-op Showcases where pausing the game would prevent opponents from moving.
  • Added the ability to skip forward during post-race sequences.
  • Added notifications to show when the players is connecting to Horizon Life post event.
  • Fixed an issue with civilian traffic not appearing in Horizon Live.
  • Various stability fixes.
Wheel Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing players from being able to delete custom wheel settings.
Xbox Fixes
  • No Xbox-specific fixes.

When did DeBerti start doing something other than Fords? Or I wonder if it's something other than this Deberti?

When did DeBerti start doing something other than Fords? Or I wonder if it's something other than this Deberti?
Looks to be the same people. Just went to the instagram page linked at the bottom and the Drift Truck is the second image.

some of the car names are misplaced? and also I hope you can remove the top of the 650s Spider or else that's a ripoff

VSD
some of the car names are misplaced? and also I hope you can remove the top of the 650s Spider or else that's a ripoff
like a senna is a clio and a ford bronco is a bac mono, weird

Last edited by a moderator:
VSD
It's more likely that it wont even have an option to have the roof in the first place, to be honest.

VSD
like a senna is a clio and a ford bronco is a bac mono, weird
Not exactly sure what you're talking about.

It's more likely that it wont even have an option to have the roof in the first place, to be honest.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about.
I saw some of the car names misplaced when I was playing the game, a senna has a picture of a clio when you go to your car list

maybe it was just a temporary bug

VSD
I saw some of the car names misplaced when I was playing the game, a senna has a picture of a clio when you go to your car list
I guess so, but it looks like that in the picture like a hardtop instead of roof down

VSD
That usually happens when the list is initially loading or if you're browsing through the Manufacturers too fast. They end up correcting themselves.

VSD
I guess so, but it looks like that in the picture like a hardtop instead of roof down
I haven't played the game yet so I'm not sure what it looks like.

Also, I see that you're new, but be careful not to double(and triple) post. If there's no new post between your last reply, just press the edit button underneath your post.

thank you didn't know that :)

oh and its not just when you're in the autoshow, someone was driving a Ford Bronco in a video and if you pause the screen the top left corner said 2014 Bac Mono that's what I was talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way these features sound! I wish they’d let us paint brake calipers like they did in Forza 2. I also hope that there will be an option to take that hardtop off the S2000.

I like the way these features sound! I wish they’d let us paint brake calipers like they did in Forza 2. I also hope that there will be an option to take that hardtop off the S2000.
oh that's coming in another update for sure :)

Still no tire track option for popular fwd imports...

Ek9 type r... integra type r... acura rsx...

But nice update.

Edit: adding drag tires to the ek9 will make the wheels flush with the body(not new to update, just fyi if you don't want sunken wheels)

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but a lot of people on the official forum were complaining the wheel painting options were quite glitchy.

Does the R34 GTR always have that nismo sticker on the rear quarter window? or can you put stickers on windows now?
Im referring to the photo for this article

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but a lot of people on the official forum were complaining the wheel painting options were quite glitchy.

In what way? I haven't really noticed anything yet.

Didn't they say that the Horizon Racing Cup or whatever that was supposed to be big money payouts was coming in this update, or the next one? I remember them saying something about it.

In what way? I haven't really noticed anything yet.

Some parts of some wheels stay the original color when you try to paint them.
45974482131_4f8ae07170_b.jpg

Also there's something about the wheel paint option messing up some of the saved designs, but I don't really get what it's about.

Didn't they say that the Horizon Racing Cup or whatever that was supposed to be big money payouts was coming in this update, or the next one? I remember them saying something about it.

Safe bet is when the seasons change. Kind of late to start a seasonal championship now I'd say.

Some parts of some wheels stay the original color when you try to paint them.
45974482131_4f8ae07170_b.jpg

Also there's something about the wheel paint option messing up some of the saved designs, but I don't really get what it's about.

Oh yeah that's definitely a thing. I just applied those to my Hellcat too. :lol:

There's also a paint bug on the MC12 with its decal: everything ahead of the rear wing becomes body colored, but the right side is still there but is faded.

Basically, designs saved before this update that had painted wheels will only have that colour be applied to "Group 1" after the update. And, because of the recommendation system, I don't think many people would be willing to correct and reupload their old designs.

That and if you paint a wheel with fewer paintable sections, that paint will not carry over to a wheel with more sections even when you select "apply to all groups". The extra sections on the new wheel will just remain stock.

Last edited:
Is there a full list of cars that the new paint features effect?

I think about all cars that have two or more tones. I tried it on my BMW M6 FE which comes in baby blue colour but the roof in anthracite. Well you guessed it, both parts can be painted individually now.

I’m not a painter but this is a great feature since it allows non-painters to make some cool basic designs which are in-line with the manufacturer designs.

I think the Tamo Racemo is probably the most wicked car in term of base colours. :) The 2017 Abarth Spider has different colours as well.

Really looking forward to being able to paint brake disks as well.

And let’s hope the next gen console Forza’s will finally get interior designs and painting as well, absolutely liked that about The Crew 2.

If PG keep issuing updates at this frequency the game'll be noticeably different in a year or so's time. Hopefully for the better.

I hope that the Horizon Cup isn't online only and you can fight drivatars instead of real people.

Not gonna lie, that's one DLC car so far I just don't see the purpose of.

I remember reading that the reason we've never gotten the 675LT was because McLaren doesn't want to put "outdated" models in games.

So instead, they've gone ahead and OK'd a 650S copy paste...

I remember reading that the reason we've never gotten the 675LT was because McLaren doesn't want to put "outdated" models in games.

So instead, they've gone ahead and OK'd a 650S copy paste...
Now that you mentioned that, what the heck happened to the 12C? That was my favorite McLaren in the older Horizons.

Latest Posts

Back