Forza Horizon 4 Officially Goes Gold, Demo Now Available

I like how nearly every person you meet in the game has exactly the same introduction: "(observation or compliment) Sorry, I'm (name of character)"

"(Previous character) can't stop talking about you, says you're the dog's nuts".

Hopefully around level 114 they'll start to roll their eyes like the grumpy stunt director and say "Bloody 'ell, not you again".

I keep getting 141 roads discovered, but it shows me @KiroKai has 142 and I just can't find that last road in the demo.

I think this is wishful thinking. Didn't @PJTierney ask Jonk about this for Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion and basically the answer was they didn't want to force a 30gig download on all players. (As to why Hot Wheels wasn't added onto the base map)

Edit: I hope I'm wrong though.
I would hope it's not something that would force an expansion of the entire map. I'm thinking more along the lines of a jumping off point - like the marina in FH2 and airport in FH3.

I'm just excited to know there's at least two expansions coming our way.

Some days ago, I tested the demo on original Xbox One and I did not liked, mainly because of the amount of stuttering I get during cutscenes. Now, running it on Xbox One X was a totally diferent. Way better.

I would hope it's not something that would force an expansion of the entire map. I'm thinking more along the lines of a jumping off point - like the marina in FH2 and airport in FH3.

I'm just excited to know there's at least two expansions coming our way.
Hmm, I've always wanted expansions to be integrated into the base map. The way they've been added feels disjointed to me, I would prefer a seamless connection for better immersion.

This is literally the first Forza game that I've considered buying. Cars feel a little floaty to me, coming from a Need for Speed background.

Can anyone tell me what's up with the controls?? I'm using an Xbox One controller on PC and there's no way to manually shift gears?? Please tell me this is just a Demo thing!

For anyone having an audio bug on PC: Go into your audio settings (in Windows 10 not the game) All Settings > System > Sound > Device Properties > Choose the "Enhancements" tabs and DE-SELECT "Disable all sound effects." Then reboot. That is the fix that is currently being suggested.

This is literally the first Forza game that I've considered buying. Cars feel a little floaty to me, coming from a Need for Speed background.
I think it's just because NFS felt like mostly everything was on rails whether it was oversteering or understeering. The physics in this game are in no way comparable to whatever NFS decides to throw out, and is more grounded in reality by a country mile. It definitely takes adjustment if you come from NFS, as did NFS if you came from most games like this.

Can anyone tell me what's up with the controls?? I'm using an Xbox One controller on PC and there's no way to manually shift gears?? Please tell me this is just a Demo thing!

For anyone having an audio bug on PC: Go into your audio settings (in Windows 10 not the game) All Settings > System > Sound > Device Properties > Choose the "Enhancements" tabs and DE-SELECT "Disable all sound effects." Then reboot. That is the fix that is currently being suggested.
I sure wouldn't call the car feel floaty, I actually think they handle pretty realistically for an arcade racer. A real car will get floaty when driven over its limits. The NFS games were far from anything realistic, which may be what you prefer. Just my $. 02

I sure wouldn't call the car feel floaty, I actually think they handle pretty realistically for an arcade racer. A real car will get floaty when driven over its limits. The NFS games were far from anything realistic, which may be what you prefer. Just my $. 02

Yeah, no, I didn't mean that to come off as a complaint, just an observation. I mentioned my racing game pedigree just so that others could understand why they feel that way to me. I definitely agree it's more realistic, it's just a noticeable difference when you are used to the arcade racing Payback has to offer.

I just noticed on my Xbox one x the demo seems to be updating the full 27gb again. I was going to try it one last time ;) but says it needs to update. Has anyone else had this ?

P.S how many times have you guys tried the demo? 👍

It started updating for me, about 150mb i think it was, but decided to delete it now anyway... about 4 times ive played, so tedious doing all that beginning stuff each time.

I just noticed on my Xbox one x the demo seems to be updating the full 27gb again. I was going to try it one last time ;) but says it needs to update. Has anyone else had this ?

P.S how many times have you guys tried the demo? 👍
6 times :P, tried every car 2 times and some free roaming for photomode. But i think i will stop now, because next week i want to play the full game without getting tired from the beginning of the game (cuz everybody knows its the same as the demo :rolleyes:) .

The buttons for shifting gears don't show up in the settings unless you already have manual transmission selected in the difficulty settings.

Anybody else get really bored by the demo? Game seems great apart from the one fundamental flaw. The cars aren’t enjoyable to drive, how can they be so far away from FM7’s fun physics.

Last edited:
Anybody else get really bored by the demo, game seems great apart from the one fundamental flaw. The cars aren’t enjoyable to drive, how can they be so far away from FM7’s fun physics.
I thought the stock Focus RS was fun to drive in the short time I played the demo. I played through most of the demo once (stopped after unlocking the street race) then uninstalled it. Don’t want to be playing it too much as that just makes the game stale before it even releases.

I just feel like the cars have no weight to them and all the enjoyment and challenge has been sucked out of them.

I just feel like the cars have no weight to them and all the enjoyment and challenge has been sucked out of them.

I only find the cars in the demo hard to control compared to any other Forza game I've played in recent years. I've tried fiddling with advanced controller settings but to not avail. I hope it gets fine-tuned before launch.

Back