Forza Horizon 4 Officially Goes Gold, Demo Now Available

I'm glad they fixed the rumble triggers for the PC demo. They never worked properly for me in FH3 on PC. They help a lot when trying to negotiate slippery mud surfaces in spring.

Thanks that's good to hear. Sounds like the game is well-optimized. Good to know 970 is still strong these days.

Good to remember that 1060 is still a newer architecture, so how they compare may vary from game to game. Your sig also says 980ti?

Reflections on cars don't seem shiny enough and tree leaves are kind of rough to look at. I think it boils down to that, but it's probably what I can expect from the old hardware and non-HDR 1080p. Other than that textures look good and colors are very natural and welcoming.

I'm playing on a basic Xbox One and I can't say I've noticed any of these problems, the game still looks amazing.

I'm playing on a basic Xbox One and I can't say I've noticed any of these problems, the game still looks amazing.

It's not a problem from an objective standpoint. It's a matter of taste whether you are happy with the way it looks on Xbox One or not. I think it only looks good on Xbox One and amazing on Xbox One X. As it has been said multiple times, it's obvious.

It's not a problem from an objective standpoint. It's a matter of taste whether you are happy with the way it looks on Xbox One or not. I think it only looks good on Xbox One and amazing on Xbox One X. As it has been said multiple times, it's obvious.

I'm going to be trying it on my PC later on today so I imagine I'll notice the difference myself once I switch back to Xbox!

JvM
Good to remember that 1060 is still a newer architecture, so how they compare may vary from game to game. Your sig also says 980ti?

The 980Ti is in my main rig, but I have an older rig built few years ago with a i5-4670 and a 16GB RAM with the 970 , so I was wondering how it would fare since in FH3 it ran quite well.

The 980Ti is auto-set at Ultra settings, and it runs beautifully.

6p17ZkQ.png

I tried the 970 and it did auto-set to Medium, but I tried cranking up a few of the settings just a tad higher, been getting 40-55fps. I'll run it back to Medium settings and see how it fares.

It says everywhere that the download is 27 GB - but my PC keeps downloading, I'm now at 33,5 GB. Is this normal?

Unfortunately that is fairly normal as the Windows store often glitches showing a far larger download then it has actually downloaded. Ignore the numbers and watch the progress bar.

Playing on the standard Xbox One the graphics, while impressive, aren't nearly as good as I thought they would be. Not to say they are bad, but I think most of you here are running on good PCs or Xbox One X and I might have expected better. :lol: They seem about the same as FH3, which is fine.

Overall, the game feels great, I liked the opening intro to the seasons. Wish the 'free roam' part of the demo had varied seasons as well, but I had fun driving around the area. My characters name was Sausage haha. And I heard, but did not see, sheep. Looking forward to the full release!

Gonna hold off from trying the demo until 3-4 days before the game releases, otherwise I might get a li'l over-excited. How many races is there in the demo by the way?

I played the demo, super fun. I totally goofed on car selection. I should have chose the Charger and RS200, I would have wanted the Focus and O37 for the full game but chose them so when I get the real thing it will probably feel like a retread.

Does anyone else have the problem that the PC demo has no sounds at all, except engine noises in cutscenes?
Had sound bugs in the Xbox One demo as well.

Does anyone else have the problem that the PC demo has no sounds at all, except engine noises in cutscenes?
Had sound bugs in the Xbox One demo as well.
If you're using a USB headset or speakers try turning the output to 48Khz sample rate.

I've got thoughts on the future expansions, by looking at the map.

At the very North of the map, there's the railroad bridge on the right, then TWO highway bridges to the left (in a V shape). I'm wondering if those two bridges will lead to a couple of future expansion locations?

Then again, maybe I've got Paradise Island on my brain...

I've got thoughts on the future expansions, by looking at the map.

At the very North of the map, there's the railroad bridge on the right, then TWO highway bridges to the left (in a V shape). I'm wondering if those two bridges will lead to a couple of future expansion locations?

Then again, maybe I've got Paradise Island on my brain...

I think this is wishful thinking. Didn't @PJTierney ask Jonk about this for Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion and basically the answer was they didn't want to force a 30gig download on all players. (As to why Hot Wheels wasn't added onto the base map)

Edit: I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
I think this is wishful thinking. Didn't @PJTierney ask Jonk about this for Forza Horizon 3's Hot Wheels expansion and basically the answer was they didn't want to force a 30gig download on all players. (As to why Hot Wheels wasn't added onto the base map)

Edit: I hope I'm wrong though.
It wasn’t for Hot Wheels specifically, it was to address a bug introduced to all maps after Blizzard Mountain. The map terrain data is the largest single asset in the game, and an update to that requires the entire file to be amended.

Playing on the standard Xbox One the graphics, while impressive, aren't nearly as good as I thought they would be. Not to say they are bad, but I think most of you here are running on good PCs or Xbox One X and I might have expected better. :lol: They seem about the same as FH3, which is fine.

Overall, the game feels great, I liked the opening intro to the seasons. Wish the 'free roam' part of the demo had varied seasons as well, but I had fun driving around the area. My characters name was Sausage haha. And I heard, but did not see, sheep. Looking forward to the full release!
The graphics is better than fh3 even on the standard Xbox one

Okay, I'm apparently an idiot not to realize that I can access photo mode pressing up on the d-pad (I forgot that the photo mode location is different on Horizon to motorsport).

In which, I'm now going to be able to capture more things. :D

How far are you guys getting on the jump through the windmill, most i can get is 295m the top spot is over 573 :eek:

I was at 293m or something from the movie stunt race in the Bugatti. That 573m is probably with an X-class Senna or something. :) Or else maybe on the last turn you can first go right and return, to get a longer approach in a straight line.

They handled the pre release publicity pretty well this year with the four one-hour streams. PG are obviously proud of their work and don't mind showing it off.

They handled the pre release publicity pretty well this year with the four one-hour streams. PG are obviously proud of their work and don't mind showing it off.

A somewhat apples and oranges comparison, but it is interesting to see that even with regards to the fact that the game has leaked more then a boat with holes in the hull, hype for the game is still holding steady and is growing in fact. Contrast that with Battlefield V, and how the hype and anticipation for that game has been low for months now, and probably has cratered now that it has been pushed back to November.

A somewhat apples and oranges comparison, but it is interesting to see that even with regards to the fact that the game has leaked more then a boat with holes in the hull, hype for the game is still holding steady and is growing in fact. Contrast that with Battlefield V, and how the hype and anticipation for that game has been low for months now, and probably has cratered now that it has been pushed back to November.
PG didn't have to try very hard. EA challenged the internet by basically saying "don't like it, don't buy it". Not the smartest way to treat your customers.

PG didn't have to try very hard. EA challenged the internet by basically saying "don't like it, don't buy it". Not the smartest way to treat your customers.

True, but that's the best way to deal with the various disingenuous crowds that are looking to get at DICE and EA for various supposedly "SJW" design decisions. There's also the idea that it's a incredible leap forward even compared to other big Battlefield titles like 3 and 4, and it hasn't looked that good coming out of public beta.

True, but that's the best way to deal with the various disingenuous crowds that are looking to get at DICE and EA for various supposedly "SJW" design decisions. There's also the idea that it's a incredible leap forward even compared to other big Battlefield titles like 3 and 4, and it hasn't looked that good coming out of public beta.
See, THAT was the real problem. People raised questions about certain design decisions made by Dice and EA and people immediately assumed "SJW haters". Just lumping them all in one group and casting them aside. (ironically very unSJW-like) "Uneducated" is what Soderlund said with no qualifiers or nuance. EA pushed and the fans pushed back. That's why people are giving them hell. And that's Angry Joe was in the middle of a :censored:storm. He basically strawmanned the entire thing.

Yes for the 4 stream videos. But it would have been nice if we had weekly car reveals as well as with the other games. Maybe Mitsubishi pulling out at the last minute is the reason we didn’t have any garage car reveal weeks this year.

Aah well, the list is now official and the release about 10 days away. We are getting close boys!!!! (/hype)

Back