Forza Horizon 4's Car Pass Will Include Two New Cars Every Week

Since I very much doubt that 21 updates will be released to coincide with the arrival of these cars, it would appear that the locked car mayhem now also extends to Car Pass content. Let's wait and see about that, but it's clear that Microsoft now wants to boost the weekly number of Forza players and then probably brag about it afterwards.

Since I very much doubt that 21 updates will be released to coincide with the arrival of these cars, it would appear that the locked car mayhem now also extends to Car Pass content. Let's wait and see about that, but it's clear that Microsoft now wants to boost weekly number of players and then brag about it afterwards.
Im sure It will not, they Said they will add new content every Season, so i think they might Update It so often... they wont sell cars they hold back, im 100% sure

I imagine it'll be like Forzathons in FH3. Monthly updates with new cars slowly being dripfed to us. Almost like updates on GTA Online.

Im sure It will not, they Said they will add new content every Season, so i think they might Update It so often... they wont sell cars they hold back, im 100% sure

I hope you're right but weekly updates sound to me like a complete nightmare in terms of deadlines and QA.

I'm guessing (well, hoping) they'll have most of the content all ready to go at launch and will just feed it into the game every week. That would be the logical way of doing things.

Car packs so far have arrived with downloadable updates, which indicates that DLC development carries on post game launch.

I'm guessing for DLC that they'll still update the game monthly, but with each week's respective cars bundled in at once.

Although I equally doubt that because, if an update comes out in week 1, weeks 2-4 would have their content spoiled if they aren't already announced.

2 cars for 21 weeks (starting October 2nd) will take you till late February or early March - since both Christmas and New Year's day land on a Tuesday, I'm not sure if there'll be content released on those days or not.

2 cars for 21 weeks (starting October 2nd) will take you till late February or early March - since both Christmas and New Year's day land on a Tuesday, I'm not sure if there'll be content released on those days or not.
Maybe they'll do special liveried cars on those days, like the two Christmas Toranas from FH3.

I'm Pretty sure Turn 10 / Playground Might Give up after about almost a month and go back to the standard model of a New Car Pack each month, whether it would be through Complaints from people who do not own the Car Pass and are still tired of a update for a car they cannot get yet, or if it's from at-least 1 of the people operating their Laser Scanning Machines either threatening to Quit or just straight up quitting after too much stress of bringing in at the least a few new cars each week, either way it's not gonna end well for either the player or the company.

(If You're wondering what i meant by "Laser Scanning Machine" Turn 10 Operates this machine where they bring the Real car, put a bunch of Points on it at certain angles, then they use technology to Make a 3D Model out of all of the points, it's cool, i know.)

I Know my point seems illogical and it's more likely not going to happen, but that's what i think is going to happen.

With nothing on GT on the E3 i doubthing again for a One X because of Horizon 4 60fps and Motorsport...... but for a strange reason i hate whole Microsoft style...... and 2 consoles is also something that i cant handle haha

I didn't add all the new cars I got in FH3 because it took ages on PC. Spreading them out like this seems ideal to me and will also keep the message boards active for longer.

I swear this game gets better by the hour lol. What's the catch PG and T10 :irked::D

My thoughts as well, there has to be a catch. :) In this day and age of micro-transactions and live services and so much competition from dozens of great games, what is most important for publishers IMO is to have the people playing your game in the first place. In the department of luring people to FH4 Microsoft is already doing great with the info from the last few days.

What they will do with us once they have us playing the game, I don't know. I strongly doubt we will see an exploitative micro-transaction system in FH4 since there is no indication in previous Forza games of such a thing. They have tried to shove expensive cars (FM5) and reduced credits (FM7) down our throats but they have been pulled back by the community each time. Every Forza game has had a credit system and a token system but IMO earning credits has never been a problem (as a VIP player with bonus credits earned).

Still I can see them do something different now. With the 500+ clothing items in the game maybe they will have a clothing in-game store where you can buy clothing only with tokens or win them one at a time from these live events (like driver gear now in FM7). Or, if you have missed out on a reward car during a certain week, maybe you can buy those cars with tokens. Both systems are not exploitative at all IMO and I would really encourage the latter system so when you go on holidays for 2 weeks you are not missing out on cars handed out by events, like what will be the case with FM7 twice already for me.

So many games do weekly events now but you should never miss out on bonus content / rewards because you cannot play the game every week for half a year or so. Assassin's Creed Origins (Ubisoft) does this great, the Trials of the Gods are live events that run in a cycle every month or so. And they are recurring. I already finished all of them early 2018 but they still run today, so people can still do them and get all the rewards. The retarded system is Far Cry 5 (also Ubisoft) where they also do weekly events but I already heard via a streamer that the rewards are not returning in the future.

I'm really curious how the FH4 live service system will work out. We're obviously getting spoiled by Microsoft now compared to previous Forza games and it is even in their racing flagship IP (Horizon already outsells Motorsport by a lot), you could think that Motorsport needs something like this more than Horizon.

They are onto something, it could all be very minor as well, like maybe they are just so focused on selling more XBox consoles and/or get more subscribers for the the XBox game pass and they are doing that by making FH4 as attractive as it can be to jump into. Having players on XBox consoles, on their game pass, instead of on Playstation or Switch is for Microsoft probably much more important than squeezing a bit of money out of them via micro-transactions.

But let's wait and see... ;)

Guys don't think that PG have literally 2 weeks to create 2 new cars, quality check them and the release them in an update. The likelyhood is that some cars will be ready before launch, I'd like to think they were'nt ready before the game goes gold, but the cynic in me thinks that there will be some held back for DLC deliberately.

PG have hundereds of employees, a number of which work on the cars. Some of these people may be working on the DLC content right now, it might not be ready for launch or it might be held back, but they will be working on it for months before it's released either way, getting the mesh's, sounds and physics for each car right. Then they'll release them as DLC. They won't start work on one pack after the previous pack has been released. That's not how it works at all.

I'm Pretty sure Turn 10 / Playground Might Give up after about almost a month and go back to the standard model of a New Car Pack each month, whether it would be through Complaints from people who do not own the Car Pass and are still tired of a update for a car they cannot get yet, or if it's from at-least 1 of the people operating their Laser Scanning Machines either threatening to Quit or just straight up quitting after too much stress of bringing in at the least a few new cars each week, either way it's not gonna end well for either the player or the company.

(If You're wondering what i meant by "Laser Scanning Machine" Turn 10 Operates this machine where they bring the Real car, put a bunch of Points on it at certain angles, then they use technology to Make a 3D Model out of all of the points, it's cool, i know.)

I Know my point seems illogical and it's more likely not going to happen, but that's what i think is going to happen.

There wouldn’t be any added pressure towards those staff members. The cars would take the same amount of time to be scanned and would most likely be already scanned as speak. They will probably add them to the dev build as apart of a main update towards the start of the month and just unlock them to the main build on their schedule.

Not always the case. The catch is that you have to spend money in some form or another. Don't be so negative about it. Some devs (such as CD Projekt) did it right.
What negative? Do people now pass on reading something before replying to it?

What negative? Do people now pass on reading something before replying to it?

Fair point. Its probably the bit with all the many paragraphs in it. Negative too strong. I just dont think there has to be a catch to this, even though most would with MS.

I really doubt much is going to be changing in terms of development. They're only going to be doing 1 more car a month than usual, and it's not like these packs where being developed up until the last possible second before release - it's more likely that they've been done for the majority of that month. So instead of doing a big drop at the start of every month, they'll just release them as the weeks go by.

That you think they'll give up only after 1 month of DLC, literally one pack if we think of the old way of DLC, is beyond me.

I'm fairly certain everyone know's :lol:

I could see them doing it a couple ways. I could be that there will still be purchaseable monthly packs but the car pass people get two cars every week, giving some kind of pseudo early access. Or, they could surprise us and go for The Crew 2 approach where the cars end up being free, but the car pass owners get them early and for free, while everyone else has to sit and wait and grind out cash to get them.

I could see them doing it a couple ways. I could be that there will still be purchaseable monthly packs but the car pass people get two cars every week, giving some kind of pseudo early access. Or, they could surprise us and go for The Crew 2 approach where the cars end up being free, but the car pass owners get them early and for free, while everyone else has to sit and wait and grind out cash to get them.
They've already said if you don't get the car pass ahead of time and wait, once you do get it, then you get all the cars already released and get on the same two cars a week schedule like everyone else. So no monthly packs.

That sounds worthless.

It is, unfortunately though The Crew 2's season pass comes with a Spitfire, which puts me at a crossroads.

They've already said if you don't get the car pass ahead of time and wait, once you do get it, then you get all the cars already released and get on the same two cars a week schedule like everyone else. So no monthly packs.

Ah, that's good then.

Back