These are new features mentioned on day 1:
Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games?
A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.
- Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.
- Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.
- Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.
- EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.
- Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.
- Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.
- Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.
- Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.
- Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.
- Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Don't forget this game will continue to grow and evolve for years with additional cars, content and features. Don't let the naysayers bring you down cause this is going to the best Horizon yet.
Horizon Tour sounds a lot like a multiplayer version of the FH2 Roadtrips to me 👍
Forza Hub has also been updated with the new FH5 article (but still doesnt work with updating FM7 Rewards points after months....
), which includes most of what you mention.
In the 10 pages, it includes a page explaining how wonderful the AMG ONE is (presumably because it's the cover car so they have to...).
The only fact on there to add, which is a BIG one:
Seasons are back!
There are ELEVEN biomes which apparently all have differences dependent on the seasons.
Now we dont know anything about the map size yet, but FH4 could be split roughly into 11 areas as...
Bamburgh area (SE), motorway area (C), Edinburgh (NE), mountain area west of Edinburgh (NW), Derwent Water (W) Ambleside area (SW), Broadway (S), Astmoor, the forest east of Derwent Water, Festival area, Airfield.
So, the variety of areas in terms of raw numbers doesnt sound much different, however you couldn't imagine the motorway and airfield having different weather patterns?
Which suggests to me each individual area is substantially bigger this time.
For example, the volcano to me feels like the FH5 version of Arthur's seat from FH4? If each area is that degree of multiple, we could be talking around double the size maybe (being optimistic).
Clearly the volcano will be one of those biomes, so the overall map could be 11x volcano size roughly.