Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Set in Mexico, Launches November 9

You're mad about getting a new car every week for a year with 8 formula drift cars to start? Y'all just making up reasons to complain.

I work on the idea that I would prefer to EARN performance vehicles, rather than being given them for free at the start. I don't expect every opinion to be the same, but to me, I think that method is poor delivery. I would rather the monthly car packs back of 10 cars. Also, I couldn't stand the FD cars in FH4 mainly because most of them sounded awful. I'd just rather not be given loads of free cars and loads of credits at the start of the game, not to mention the "welcome pack" giving a "1 one-time voucher to purchase any car available from the game's Autoshow" which further skews the variation because everyone will be driving around in the top 10 fastest cars day 1.

I dunno, it sort of puts me off. I prefer to earn stuff and work for stuff, must just be me.

Last edited:
I work on the idea that I would prefer to EARN performance vehicles, rather than being given them for free at the start. I don't expect every opinion to be the same, but to me, I think that method is poor delivery. I would rather the monthly car packs back of 10 cars.

Again - what difference does it make when the community will just play with them for 30 minutes and then complain because they say it 'isn't enough' and want simply another expansion if they went back to the monthly car pack system? I certainly remember a time when the last few car packs dropped in Horizon 3 and a few people complained because they were reaching the point where the game was almost at end of life and they were simply picking out the cars they liked in the pack and saying the rest of it was garbage. At least here there's some drip and intrigue going week to week.

Again - what difference does it make when the community will just play with them for 30 minutes and then complain because they say it 'isn't enough' and want simply another expansion if they went back to the monthly car pack system? I certainly remember a time when the last few car packs dropped in Horizon 3 and a few people complained because they were reaching the point where the game was almost at end of life and they were simply picking out the cars they liked in the pack and saying the rest of it was garbage. At least here there's some drip and intrigue going week to week.

Not trying to meddle in both of y'alls conversation but you said something true here. There's 752 cars in Forza Horizon yet I've just driven 100-125 that interest me more.

Not trying to meddle in both of y'alls conversation but you said something true here. There's 752 cars in Forza Horizon yet I've just driven 100-125 that interest me more.

The fact of the matter is Playground is trying to scatter shot as much interest as possible with what the community wants (so really, bleeding edge super/hypercars and most hyped cars on the market currently) and then fill out the rest with left field choices and the margins that they haven't been able to get at in 4 previous titles, alongside returning favorites and oddballs. You're not going to please them all, but there's really no point anymore to trying to drop five or six cars in a pack, only for them to be used by people for thirty minutes before they come back to you asking for more (and preferably, another expansion)

At least here, the slow drip of cars is fed into with events and the like, alongside the eventual expansions.

I'm glad we're finally getting a new Horizon game this year. It was very much needed. FH4 is at its last legs this year, even if one says they would still play it. Heck, even I'm starting to feel fatigue from playing it, and I LOVE FH4. A new game was in order for 2021 and PG are about to make that happen regardless.

In the business' standpoint, it makes a lot of sense to release FH5 this year. There is no other open world racing game coming out anyways. I get people are not hyped, but stop saying FH5 shouldn't release this year. It's already been confirmed to release in November 9th 2021. Nobody is forcing you to buy or play it on Gamepass. This is literally the golden opportunity for both MS and PG, and that's a fact.

Like I said, I'm still glad we're getting Forza Horizon 5, and I will continue to say that. If one prefers to stick with FH4, no one is stopping you. As for the rest of us who are hyped and excited for FH5, we'll be moving on to experience ALL the new stuff it has to offer and explore a whole new world!

Reading that features list is only driving more hype in, and outside, of GTPlanet.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm just surprised this was even announced. Considering that Playground is still supporting FH4, and also making Fable 4, I figured that a new Forza Horizon game being announced and released this year was just nothing but hot air.

That being said, I'm somewhat excited for the game, but I'm not expecting monumental things from it. While it's being touted as the "largest map in the series," I'm not expecting FH5's map to be much bigger than FH4, considering the devs cited engine limitations & the season system as the reasons for FH4's Britian not being much bigger compared to FH3. Gameplay-wise, it'll probably be similar to what we've seen so far, but since the Horizon series has always had good gameplay, that's not exactly a bad thing. Granted, we seem to be getting some choice QoL and general improvements. The ability to gift cars to other players and the event editor that seems to be an improved version of FH4's blueprint editor are both great things for me. Hopefully the UI has gotten a massive overhaul, as both FH3 and FH4 had some of my least-loved UI systems in terms of functionality.

Plus, while I would've enjoyed Japan quite a bit, Mexico is also a good locale imo. It's the spiritual home of the lowrider, has a vibrant off-road scene (which will hopefully be represented well if the inclusion of the Bronco R and the Macan T1 is anything to go by), and just seems to be an absolutely gorgeous place overall.

Overall, I like what's been shown so far, though I'm probably gonna wait until I get the Series X before buying. The game seemingly being locked at 30 FPS kinda sucks, but I want to get the most out of it as possible. Plus, the One X already takes quite a while to boot up FH4, and takes it's sweet time loading my car collection, so I don't feel like going through all of that again. :irked:

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm just surprised this was even announced. Considering that Playground is still supporting FH4, and also making Fable 4, I figured that a new Forza Horizon game being announced and released this year was just nothing but hot air.

That being said, I'm somewhat excited for the game, but I'm not expecting monumental things from it. While it's being touted as the "largest map in the series," I'm not expecting FH5's map to be much bigger than FH4, considering the devs cited engine limitations & the season system as the reasons for FH4's Britian not being much bigger compared to FH3. Gameplay-wise, it'll probably be similar to what we've seen so far, but since the Horizon series has always had good gameplay, that's not exactly a bad thing. Granted, we seem to be getting some choice QoL and general improvements. The ability to gift cars to other players and the event editor that seems to be an improved version of FH4's blueprint editor are both great things for me. Hopefully the UI has gotten a massive overhaul, as both FH3 and FH4 had some of my least-loved UI systems in terms of functionality.

Plus, while I would've enjoyed Japan quite a bit, Mexico is also a good locale imo. It's the spiritual home of the lowrider, has a vibrant off-road scene (which will hopefully be represented well if the inclusion of the Bronco R and the Macan T1 is anything to go by), and just seems to be an absolutely gorgeous place overall.

Overall, I like what's been shown so far, though I'm probably gonna wait until I get the Series X before buying. The game seemingly being locked at 30 FPS kinda sucks, but I want to get the most out of it as possible. Plus, the One X already takes quite a while to boot up FH4, and takes it's sweet time loading my car collection, so I don't feel like going through all of that again. :irked:

There will be 60FPS performance modes on Series S and X

Forza Horizon 5 runs at 4K 30 FPS on Xbox Series X, and 1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S. For players that prefer to optimize for framerate, we are providing a performance mode option that will run at 60 FPS.

The Map is also confirmed 1.5 times the size of FH4. A nice bump but nothing huge.

FAQ is up and.....it's only 4K/30 on the Series X it seems. So they advertise all those amazing graphics but how much will be lost by using performance mode for 60 fps?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ

Steam release from day 1 as well, excellent.

Already added to my wishlist.

Minimum specs showing as.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.14 - 00.52.01.19.png

Last edited:
The trailer honestly gives me newer fast n furious movie vibes from the music, to the wild driving through open fields and that evo drifting through the little town. With the creativity possibilities this game looks to present i might have to team up with folks for some tandem Fast n Furious driving adventures throughout Mexico.

I don't want to sound like a contrarian bore, but I'm really not feeling excited for this at all.

Graphics look great, no complaints there, but the Mexico location just isn't really doing anything for me, doesn't feel very "fresh". Looks kinda similar to FH3's Australia. HUD looks pretty unattractive too I can't lie.

Also the fact they're giving the player voicelines is a huge turn off for me. NFS Payback made me despise racing games with a voiced protagonist, very few seem to pull it off without it coming off as overly corny and forced. Breaks the immersion aswell I find.

Overall this kinda confirms to me that Horizon has fully moved away from its "car scene" roots and is now just more of a casual sandbox type of game, a lot less focused... Doesn't sit well with me. That's more of an objective opinion though.

Again I apologise if I come off as a bit pretentious, I just can't really get excited for this series anymore. I'm sure it'll be fun with friends but it doesn't "wow" me anymore outside of it's pretty graphics. :indiff:
I think all Forza games have that kind of HUD? They're always minimalistic.

I just wanna know what’s honestly going to set this apart from any other Forza Horizon besides a different sandbox ?!

I love the Forza Horizon series and have owned all of them, but at this point this seems like a rehash of Forza Horizon 4. Hell they’re still updating FH4 with new cars, it’s like jumping into a expansion of Forza Horizon 4.
That's how it is if Forza Horizon so far is too good that it had few room of improvements...

How much bigger will this Map be compared to England, Ireland & Scotland combined from the last game? I'm genuinely curious.
1.5x times size.
I'm still a bit confused as of why they didn't wait until FM8 was done so they can use that new game engine. but I guess they are using FH5 as a last bridge into new gen
No offense, You are confused that PG didn't put the majority of their team on holiday for years before ForzaTech Next is finished?
I also don’t understand why PG didn’t reboot Forza Horizon. The festival concept got stale after FH3, but it looks like yet another game lacking in terms of innovation. Why I never trusted the FH5 rumors.
Never change a running team and Forza Horizon is running faster than Usain Bolt. FH4 had more than twice the players than FH3.

Considering that Playground is still supporting FH4, and also making Fable 4, I figured that a new Forza Horizon game being announced and released this year was just nothing but hot air.
Playground got two different teams.

Last edited:
These are new features mentioned on day 1:

Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games?
A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

• Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.
  • Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.
  • Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.
  • EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.
  • Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.
  • Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.
  • Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.
  • Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.
  • Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.
  • Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Don't forget this game will continue to grow and evolve for years with additional cars, content and features. Don't let the naysayers bring you down cause this is going to the best Horizon yet.

This is actually good news. I am particularly excited about the Event Lab and the new vehicle customization, which needed a good overhaul. As for the rest, yes, it seems to be more of the same, but I wouldn't want this game to be any different. Now to wait for the car list. FH4 really spoiled me with having pretty much every single car I wanted in one game, which has never happened before unfortunately.

So off to Mexico eh as per the 'speculation'.

I haven't had time to digest the trailer as some more 'eventful' things involving my bus hobby took priority over the weekend. Would say Microsoft have the upper hand here as now I have something 'solid' to look forward to in the racing genre and it sounds like it will be a more 'varied' experience than Horizon 4 week to week.

Probably not going to buy it in advance but I shall see, at least November is a quiet month in terms of new stuff but will see nearer the time.

I didnt know this was to be released on xbone/s aswell as next gen.In light of the possibility of GT7 coming to PS4 does that mean theres a slim chance of Forza Motorsport coming to last gen consoles as well?Or is that just wishful thinking......

a slim chance of Forza Motorsport coming to last gen consoles as well
Doubtful. It make sense to release FH4.5 for crossgen as it would sell like hot cakes. But Motorsport without significant changes wont sell all that good on past gen - you can see it with how poorly FM7 sold. They want to make proper basis for all generation with FM(8) and this would need to scrap XOne. A am sure, there will be FH(6) for NG after FM(8) release that would follow this path.

There wasn't proper GT game for PS4, so releasing full GT7 with proper single player campaign for PS4 makes sense from financial standpoint. IMO, with this move Sony would lost any chance for domination in racing genre this gen.

I'm super hyped for this, I love the scenery and can't wait to start taking photos with those amazing backdrops and raytracing to add to the visual flare! Being able to lower and raise the roof on convertibles is a nice touch and it sounds like they've gone even further with the customisation for the cars and the characters which is great. I really enjoyed customising my character in FH4.

The game certainly looks pretty and Mexico looks like it could have some fun locations, though I will have to wait to see more as well as see what Cars are in the game before I decide if I'm going to purchase this or not.

I loved Horizon 2 and spent many hours on that game.

I really enjoyed Horizon 3 at first but actually found myself getting a bit bored of it quite quickly.

Never did pick up Horizon 4 despite some of the vehicles being added tempting me.

I feel like I got a bit burnt out with Forza games but will keep an eye on this game for sure..It's still 5 months away so I'm sure we will see more between now and then.

So, it seems like a lot of people are not excited and basically saying, "this is just like FH4, but with better graphics, a larger map, and a different sandbox".

Yeah, that's actually what's getting me excited.

After 4 versions, I feel like I've got a feel for Horizon and what it is, so better graphics, larger map and new location? Bring it on.

I agree. More of games that I loved with everything improved a little bit? Great! Take my money! In a way I feel like even if the gameplay was the same with new large map that would be enough for me, as a lot of the fun I have is exploring and enjoying those scenes that Playground do so well where they just blow your mind.

My only complaint is that it's November so I'm probably not buying on release as I won't have time to dedicate myself to this and the new FFXIV expansion at the same time. But they've gotta release at some point, so come middle of next year I look forward to buying the GOTY edition with all the content and losing myself for a few months.

MXH
I skipped FH4 due to the game being set on a mossy rock (the demo confirmed my fears and it bored me to tears) and Mexico does nothing for me either. I think I have had my fill with FH3.

Will tune in another 2-3 years.

You might be done with FH. It seems like they've found more or less what does it for them and are just fine tuning the details. It could take a while before the game changes enough that it's not noticeably just FH3 but bigger and shinier.

Good to see a trailer drop this morning.

Im a bit excited for this. Car list should be good and Mexico looks spectacular. I just hope there are some decent highways to race on like on FH2 to even out the off road racing. Glad to hear that theyre adding 100 new rims and overhauling customisation. Given how NFS Heat went about things with visual customisation I was hoping the next Forza Horizon would stronger in this department too.

I don’t get why people aren’t playing these games if they’re free on Game Pass. Meaning you don’t have to commit to buying it if you don’t like it. Granted, not everyone has Game Pass, but it’s a pretty good investment and lets you play stuff that you might have been on the fence about buying, and it keeps getting better and better. For me, Forza Horizon 5 can’t come soon enough :) I just hope they allow you to have more than 500 designs this time around, and you can have 1,000 cars in the garage from the start instead of having to wait for a patch like Forza Horizon 4. I hate having to delete designs when new cars come out :(

Last edited:
I don’t get why people aren’t playing these games if they’re free on Game Pass. Meaning you don’t have to commit to buying it if you don’t like it. Granted, not everyone has Game Pass, but it’s a pretty good investment and lets you play stuff that you might have been on the fence about buying, and it keeps getting better and better. For me, Forza Horizon 5 can’t come soon enough :) I just hope they allow you to have more than 500 designs this time around, and you can have 1,000 cars in the garage from the start instead of having to wait for a patch like Forza Horizon 4. I hate having to delete designs when new cars come out :(
Dunno if I can get access to Game Pass in my location but, is it really free? Just subscribe to Game Pass and you permanently keep the game?

Back