Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Set in Mexico, Launches November 9

I just wanna know what’s honestly going to set this apart from any other Forza Horizon besides a different sandbox ?!

I love the Forza Horizon series and have owned all of them, but at this point this seems like a rehash of Forza Horizon 4. Hell they’re still updating FH4 with new cars, it’s like jumping into a expansion of Forza Horizon 4.

Last edited:
BlackPanthaa's video on FH5 made me change my mind a bit about this game being set in Mexico. At the very least it'll be much more varied than FH4's map, which I frankly found pretty boring and samey apart from Edinburgh. I think I'd still prefer Japan though. I'd love to be able to do some midnight runs on the Bayshore again.

Last edited:
BlackPanthaa's video on FH5 made me change my mind a bit about this game being set in Mexico. At the very least it'll be much more varied than FH4's map, which I frankly found pretty boring and samey apart from Edinburgh. I think I'd still prefer Japan though. I'd love to be able to do some midnight runs on the Bayshore again.

Some people are being pretty nasty about this not being set in their desired location (guess what that is), going so far to insult Mexico itself on Twitter etc. Pretty immature behaviour.

I'm sure it'll be a very nice map, it's just for me personally I would love something a lot more urban by now, rather than rural wilderness with a few towns mixed in. Hong Kong would be great (I think they experimented with that idea in concept art.)

Last edited:
I just wanna know what’s honestly going to set this apart from any other Forza Horizon besides a different sandbox ?!

I love the Forza Horizon series and have owned all of them, but at this point this seems like a rehash of Forza Horizon 4. Hell they’re still updating FH4 with new cars, it’s like jumping into a expansion of Forza Horizon 4.
I definitely think the EventLab stuff could set this aside from any other Horizon. Being able to create your own custom gamemodes, races is big, and hopefully hugely expanded upon from FH4.

Posted in the other thread but i probably post it better here since that one is dead lol.
Cross gen or not, this is the best looking racing game ever. Its even one of the best looking game ever! just look at this beauty
mnspMeJ.jpg

4GtH6Sa.jpg

HnM4J5T.jpg

vlRCl2g.jpg

8s7Q9gj.jpg

mBL8UDM.jpg

So, it seems like a lot of people are not excited and basically saying, "this is just like FH4, but with better graphics, a larger map, and a different sandbox".

Yeah, that's actually what's getting me excited.

After 4 versions, I feel like I've got a feel for Horizon and what it is, so better graphics, larger map and new location? Bring it on.

To echo other thoughts, I'm not too hyped about this.
Mainly because we're jumping between one Horizon to the next without a Motorsport to break it up and build anticipation. Makes the announcement less eventful and feel, as others say, more like a FH4 expansion than a proper release.
I'm also not too hyped about the location itself, but did see some much desired elevation in the trailer's volcano and jungle region. That alone moves the game from a "no buy" to a "maybe" for me.

On a different note. If players complained about the snow in FH4 ruining their experience, I can only imagine what kind of... interesting feedback the dust storms will get.

Lastly, its nice to finally see the Mercedes-AMG One appear in Forza. Been waiting on that car for a while.

I skipped FH4 due to the game being set on a mossy rock (the demo confirmed my fears and it bored me to tears) and Mexico does nothing for me either. I think I have had my fill with FH3.

Will tune in another 2-3 years.

I don’t get it. They give us a new game with a new location and people aren’t happy about it? In all honesty, I love Japan more than anything and would’ve loved for the game to take place there (I’ve lived in Tokyo myself and miss it terribly) but Mexico is a truly gorgeous and diverse country. I’ve taken numerous flights around it in Flight Simulator 2020 and it has a very gorgeous landscape. I’m just happy that we’re actually getting another Horizon game this year when they honestly didn’t have to release one in the first place. They could’ve made it come out next year, but we’re getting it in 5 months no less and on Game Pass so people will be able to play it for free as well (provided they have Game Pass). Japan will come and when it does I’m sure it’ll be utilizing a new game engine that will blow this one out of the water, but from what I’ve seen from the video of Forza Horizon 5 and the screenshots, it looks pretty damn photorealistic to me.

How could it come to this? The FM reboot was announced quite a long time ago and we still know very little about it. Then this FH5 reveal comes with an immediate showcase of gameplay, release date, etc.

I also don’t understand why PG didn’t reboot Forza Horizon. The festival concept got stale after FH3, but it looks like yet another game lacking in terms of innovation. Why I never trusted the FH5 rumors.

I have enjoyed how FH4 has kept going month after month despite being rather exhausted by it, and part of me had hoped PG kept FH4 alive because FM took longer than usual to develop. Then they just go ahead and announce FH5… I have honestly lost interest in this franchise, but will keep playing FH4.

Looks incredible, now, here I go again for for the second year in a row with this worry; I just hope it can sound as good too. In terms of environmental sounds in the gameplay footage, they sound great, as do the various processing effects for engine sounds in the distance. As for the actual authenticity and quality of engine/exhaust sounds...I remain cautious as I simply will not get this game if it sounds like FH4 does.

FH4 was a considerable let down for sound design in that so many of the100s of cars still to this day sound truly, awful. So many re-used sounds, so many engine and exhausts sound that are 2 or 3 games old and not in a good way, in a bad way.

Then you have all the granular sounds for a tiny % of some cars like the Audi V10+, Fiesta XR2 and the Peugeot 205 RallyE and a few select others which sound AWESOME. Which in turn, makes the cars that sound crap, sound REALLY crap like that god awful re-used AMG V8 sound and that " Generic V12" which has been repeated since FH2. Come on playground games, we know you can do graphics, get your GOOD SOUND DESIGN back please.

Just been reading the character customizer will be back...and in force...with loads more customization options and custom voices now too, great :yuck:. A feature I am pretty sure almost everyone hated is returning and in force to. I wish you could just switch it all off, I don't want to see 12 year olds with they're stupid chicken outfits doing Fortnite dances in my RACING game before, after and between every single event and race...

Neutral: They can't choose Japan with Tokyo, something (again) in the US with big cities etc. when the game should run on a X One. So be happy that these ways with way more power needed will be exclusive to the X Series consoles in FH6 and/or 7.
And what you expect to change in a series like FH? Of course the main changes are a new location and the gameplay etc. will be mostly stay the same. Still a free roam open world racing game. And that is totally fine.

My 2 cents: Mexico is a fantastic venue for the game even if I have the feeling the offroad part will be bigger than before just because it is Mexico. But I'm fine with this and very happy that FH6 Japan or FH6 California or FH6 Florida or FH6 New York will all be possible as full next Gen titles and squeeze every drop of performance out of the X Series consoles in 2024 or so.

Last edited:
These are new features mentioned on day 1:

Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games?
A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

• Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.
  • Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.
  • Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.
  • EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.
  • Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.
  • Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.
  • Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.
  • Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.
  • Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.
  • Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Don't forget this game will continue to grow and evolve for years with additional cars, content and features. Don't let the naysayers bring you down cause this is going to the best Horizon yet.

A feature I am pretty sure almost everyone hated

I'd imagine once you got outside of racing forums like this that have a more serious userbase the opinion on the character customization feature received a much different response. Personally I'm indifferent on it, I changed my FH4 avatar once and left it, others having outlandish outfits never bothered me though. Plus, it seems they are venturing even further down the arcade route, so silly costumes weren't going anywhere (nor should they).

Now if they're still around in Motorsport, that's a different conversation.

Last edited:
Wow. (Source: Reddit/ MS-Store)

pmdgfii033571.png

That car pass though, 1 CAR A WEEK?! That's awful in my opinion. If this is the sort of thing we can expect then I am extremely put off. Once again we are going to be giving millions of credits and dozens of super cars at the start of the game with the sense of actually "earning" better cars, well and truly snuffed out. Money appears to be as broken in this game as every game since FH3.

What's the soundtrack going to be like? I'm getting NFS Heat PTSD.

I'm sure there will still be plenty of variety in the soundtrack, just like the past FH games. NFS Heat was pretty much confined to one genre, Forza Horizon is definitely the opposite.

I'm hoping Hospital Records is returning, big selling point for me, if they are maybe I'll take a peek on Gamepass...

Last edited:
Just been reading the character customizer will be back...and in force...with loads more customization options and custom voices now too, great :yuck:. A feature I am pretty sure almost everyone hated is returning and in force to. I wish you could just switch it all off, I don't want to see 12 year olds with they're stupid chicken outfits doing Fortnite dances in my RACING game before, after and between every single event and race...

I thought it was fine. The fact that there's more variety in terms of body types and clothing to choose from is certainly appealing.

Also, what difference does character customization make compared to GT Sport having the ability to plaster whatever you want onto your fire suit?

What's the soundtrack going to be like? I'm getting NFS Heat PTSD.

Me thinks I hear a dog whistle.

Wow. (Source: Reddit/ MS-Store)
That car pass though, 1 CAR A WEEK?! That's awful in my opinion. If this is the sort of thing we can expect then I am extremely put off. Once again we are going to be giving millions of credits and dozens of super cars at the start of the game with the sense of actually "earning" better cars, well and truly snuffed out. Money appears to be as broken in this game as every game since FH3.

You're mad about getting a new car every week for a year with 8 formula drift cars to start? Y'all just making up reasons to complain.

You're mad about getting a new car every week for a year with 8 formula drift cars to start? Y'all just making up reasons to complain.

I'd much rather have one car a week to start off then having what was present with the games up to FH3, where car packs came monthly and everyone bitched about the lack of content when they were done playing with the cars in the pack after thirty minutes.

These are new features mentioned on day 1:

Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games?
A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

• Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.
  • Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.
  • Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.
  • EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.
  • Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.
  • Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.
  • Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.
  • Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.
  • Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.
  • Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Don't forget this game will continue to grow and evolve for years with additional cars, content and features. Don't let the naysayers bring you down cause this is going to the best Horizon yet.

Horizon Tour sounds a lot like a multiplayer version of the FH2 Roadtrips to me 👍

Forza Hub has also been updated with the new FH5 article (but still doesnt work with updating FM7 Rewards points after months.... :banghead:), which includes most of what you mention.

In the 10 pages, it includes a page explaining how wonderful the AMG ONE is (presumably because it's the cover car so they have to...).

The only fact on there to add, which is a BIG one:

Seasons are back!

There are ELEVEN biomes which apparently all have differences dependent on the seasons.

Now we dont know anything about the map size yet, but FH4 could be split roughly into 11 areas as...

Bamburgh area (SE), motorway area (C), Edinburgh (NE), mountain area west of Edinburgh (NW), Derwent Water (W) Ambleside area (SW), Broadway (S), Astmoor, the forest east of Derwent Water, Festival area, Airfield.

So, the variety of areas in terms of raw numbers doesnt sound much different, however you couldn't imagine the motorway and airfield having different weather patterns?

Which suggests to me each individual area is substantially bigger this time.

For example, the volcano to me feels like the FH5 version of Arthur's seat from FH4? If each area is that degree of multiple, we could be talking around double the size maybe (being optimistic).

Clearly the volcano will be one of those biomes, so the overall map could be 11x volcano size roughly.

Back