Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
Seems like VW Caddy is in the game files

Attachments

• hphpi.PNG
    hphpi.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 15
When I first saw "VW_Caddy_82", I missed the "VW" part. Since VW never sold the Caddy in the US (at least under that name), I naturally thought "Cadillac." My next thought was "'82 Caddy? Are they really going to give us the POS Cimarron? Because that would be awesome!" I was actually a little disappointed when I realized my mistake.
1983_Cadillac_Cimarron_Ultra_-_2.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures or know where the Ford Thunderbird SC was spotted in the game files?

Attachments

• 8257F42A-27A4-486D-ADCF-E40294B94081.jpeg
    8257F42A-27A4-486D-ADCF-E40294B94081.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DD8D919E-5679-4D9C-A263-8DAB03671BC8.jpeg
    DD8D919E-5679-4D9C-A263-8DAB03671BC8.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 20
  • VW Caddy gets some bedside rails, "Rabbit" mudflaps, and its "VOLKSWAGEN" text on the rear lid is its own paint group
Can you take the bumpers completely off like the MKI Gti?

Edit: I was today years old when I noticed you can stuff the M5 V10 in the i8. Hello there.

Last edited:
More fantastic additions. It's almost like they are now fleshing up individual brands every month. Ferrari for May, Audi for June.

The cars are already listed for the Car Pass:
  • 28 Apri: Ford SVT Lightning 2003
  • 05 May: Nissan Forsberg Racing 'SafariZ 370Z Safari Rally Tribute 2014
  • 12 May: Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro 2019
  • 19 May: Dodge Magnum SRT-8 2008
  • 26 May: BMW M8 Competition Coupe 2020
  • 02 June: Audi RS3 Sedan 2020
  • 09 June: Audi RS5 Coupe 2018
  • 16 June: Volkswagen Pickup LX 1982

The cars currently in the car collection (meaning they will be part of the festival playlist) are:
  • Audi RS4 Avant 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG GT-S 2015
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (992) 2021
For a moment, I thought that we're gonna get the VW Caddy cargo van. We now got 7/8 cars potentially for Series 8.

Anyways, I'll announce my retirement of this datamining stuff. Here are my discoveries:

Badge files:
- a "diesel" badge.
diesel_001_diff.png

- Lexus LC 500 badges (I didn't notice this)

Not sure if it will rotate in the similar way but got a S2 Tour event showed when the system clock was 10 to 12 minutes (7 am CEST).

FRU8_1ZWUAAeT3L

And with that I got the Power Trip accolade and completed the Online portion. Now only a few accolades remain.

Can you take the bumpers completely off like the MKI Gti?

Edit: I was today years old when I noticed you can stuff the M5 V10 in the i8. Hello there.
Yup, no unique bumper options but they can be deleted entirely. Also don't forget the A90 Supra also has a M5 V10 swap!
For a moment, I thought that we're gonna get the VW Caddy cargo van. We now got 7/8 cars potentially for Series 8.

Anyways, I'll announce my retirement of this datamining stuff. Here are my discoveries:

Badge files:
- a "diesel" badge.
View attachment 1143276
- Lexus LC 500 badges (I didn't notice this)
The diesel badge is from the Caddy.

I took a few shots of some of these cars in a bit of a "Forza news post" style, if anyone wants a better look at them:
Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.16.42.31.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.20.20.53.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.22.54.29.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.24.01.71.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.28.33.24.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.38.28.47.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.46.00.49.png

Last edited:
Yup, no unique bumper options but they can be deleted entirely. Also don't forget the A90 Supra also has a M5 V10 swap!

The diesel badge is from the Caddy.

I took a few shots of some of these cars in a bit of a "Forza news post" style, if anyone wants a better look at them:
Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.16.42.31.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.20.20.53.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.22.54.29.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.24.01.71.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.28.33.24.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.38.28.47.png

Forza%20Horizon%205%20Screenshot%202022.04.27%20-%2001.46.00.49.png
Great photos! And not too long to wait after Series 7!

I haven't played FH5 for quite a bit, but has PC performance worsened by an exceptional margin as of late? I can't run the game at the previous settings and can only run it on low with next to no tweaks.

Re-installed the game, wiped and re-installed GPU drivers and there's been no performance uplift whatsoever. Load times are dreadful, it doesn't restart the app when it's supposed to (I have to manually relaunch it), and it's just more of a mess now than the last time I played it.

I've been fairly happy with the PC performance On the Steam version for the most part. I'm pretty much on the same settings as when I started, High with certain important things Ultra. (Car and Environmental Models) always 60FPS+

I feel like the game has slightly got more stable for me over time for me. The only crashes I get are every now and then are in Photo mode.

Even the Memory leak issue where the game performance would suffer slightly after extended sessions doesn't seem as noticeable for me.

I've been fairly happy with the PC performance On the Steam version for the most part. I'm pretty much on the same settings as when I started, High with certain important things Ultra. (Car and Environmental Models) always 60FPS+

I feel like the game has slightly got more stable for me over time for me. The only crashes I get are every now and then are in Photo mode.

Even the Memory leak issue where the game performance would suffer slightly after extended sessions doesn't seem as noticeable for me.
I'm using the Windows app version because of Gamepass, and I've never had an issue with performance. It was a mix of high and ultra settings mostly and now that seems impossible unless I want to run it at a locked 30fps.

Absolutely nothing has changed. My GPU is still the same and while that's getting upgraded soon (ideally) it ran the game well because I spent time getting everything to where it was. All for naught now, evidently.

I'm using the Windows app version because of Gamepass, and I've never had an issue with performance. It was a mix of high and ultra settings mostly and now that seems impossible unless I want to run it at a locked 30fps.

Absolutely nothing has changed. My GPU is still the same and while that's getting upgraded soon (ideally) it ran the game well because I spent time getting everything to where it was. All for naught now, evidently.
I think its because of the props/decoration they placed in the world that makes it a bit more demanding. Also some seasons are a bit more demanding than others lately. I have a Gsync tv so i don't notice any drops while playing, but i have noticed on some places that the fps was lower than before on different seasons. A month ago i was running this game 80fps+ at 4k maxed out, now its running more like 75+fps on the same place but different season.

Just found Amazon Music in the Xbox Store UK. First thing I did was hoon around the map to 'Tequila (Mint Royale Mix)' by Terrorvision.

Spent the last hour just cruising to Deacon Blue. So happy to have my own songs in game.

I've turned the radio volume to 0% so I can Eterna Radio on still for skill scores though.

The SS editing has spread...

View attachment 1143452
Forza Devs being cowards for simply a small name in fears of nothing, considering that every other game had SS and yet, were not scrutinized for making some specific references... When can they grow up from this detail removal stuff.

I do find their hypersensitivity to "SS" really peculiar. The name on certain cars came well after the name on certain military divisions and is clearly separated from the "other" use in terms of chronology and meaning - it makes no sense to do this particular bit of censoring.

That said, I am mildly curious what they're going to do when, inevitably, "Z" becomes just as objectionable in the coming months and years...
They'll probably use the Fairlady name. Either one of the devs of Playground who is actually responsible for this decision has paranoid schizophrenia, or Microsoft's orders, or, the fact that are simply pissing the community off.

Last edited:
I do find their hypersensitivity to "SS" really peculiar. The name on certain cars came well after the name on certain military divisions and is clearly separated from the "other" use in terms of chronology and meaning - it makes no sense to do this particular bit of censoring.

That said, I am mildly curious what they're going to do when, inevitably, "Z" becomes just as objectionable in the coming months and years...

BMW Zed4, Chevrolet Camaro Letter26L1, *envo ST1...

The mind races with the what sort of hand-wringing, make-even-self-described-#WOKE-people-cringe lunacy we can look forward to...

I do not affirm any discrimination or war. And that is probably what most other gamers and car enthusiasts would agree with.
However, I am against the excessive MS self-regulation found in SS.
The way they self-regulate things that are not racist and distort the original designations and names, it is as if they have handed over those words to nazi and other racists.

Of course, for a huge company like Microsoft that does business worldwide, it may be the right business decision to self-regulate before something goes trouble....

Of course, for a huge company like Microsoft that does business worldwide, it may be the right business decision to self-regulate before something goes trouble....
It's silly, but if that was the reason given, I could at least understand it. The problem is T10/MS blame it on the manufacturers saying it was at their request. That's clearly not the case, since it's the manufacturers themselves who use SS in the vehicle names, and the manufacturers haven't made that request of Polyphony Digital, Kunos Simulation, Slightly Mad Studios, iRacing, Codemasters or any other racing game developer that uses real brands in their games.

Academy? Something like a Gran Turismo License thing?
The fact that they lumped series 7 and 8 into one update probably means Series 9 will be something bigger. Or maybe it's linked to the first expansion? Nexus sounds like it could be DLC related. Nexus point between different maps.

Anyways... This exists, as I was trying to find a way to get the Car Pass cars early so that I can take a picture of... (and holy crap. Series 9's gonna actually start on my birthday...)View attachment 1143723
I regret that I can no longer include in the blueprints cars that are already in the game but have not yet been released.

I was planning on using the blueprints to take front, side, rear and top view photos of the Dodge Magnum in order to simulate livery in my image editing software.

Considering what was happening in FH4, I can understand why PG took these measures....:indiff:

Back