Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,127 comments
Of the five new Hot Wheels cars, I have the 2JetZ, won the Rip Rod in a wheelspin, and the Nash will be available soon. That leaves the Dually and the Mustang. Honesty, the Mustang is pretty low priority for me. It's just another drifter Mustang and we have plenty of them. So I really just want the Dually. I've been trying on the auction house, but the few times I've seen it I've been too late. People on consoles have a disadvantage against people on PCs who runs scripts that allow them to place their buyouts faster than a human can press buttons. Hopefully the Dually ends up a prize car soon or I finally get it in a wheelspin.

New York Finest, where you at man?

Glad to see you moved to GTP, good races back and forth on the GAF rivals boards! The competition here is way more intense, faster overall players, I’ve been loving it.

Of the five new Hot Wheels cars, I have the 2JetZ, won the Rip Rod in a wheelspin, and the Nash will be available soon. That leaves the Dually and the Mustang. Honesty, the Mustang is pretty low priority for me. It's just another drifter Mustang and we have plenty of them. So I really just want the Dually. I've been trying on the auction house, but the few times I've seen it I've been too late. People on consoles have a disadvantage against people on PCs who runs scripts that allow them to place their buyouts faster than a human can press buttons. Hopefully the Dually ends up a prize car soon or I finally get it in a wheelspin.
Huh thats what I must have been suffering from the last week or so while trying to get hold of a Second GT3 '21. I'm on PC and even put the resolution and framerate down to make things load instantly. I got really fast at pressing the buttons but always lost out. I finally got one though.

I got all 5 HW cars from wheelspins but I would never recommend grinding for them since the rng can be pretty brutal. For example the Metro alone required 40 Zenvos which cost 50 million from the Autoshow. I could used the Divo method since it cost only 350k from the Auction House but others also use it so it's likely the perks are already used. Money was not an issue but still I could simply wait a little bit and get the Metro in Spring. Anyway it's not that hard to get the HW cars is just not worth the grind imo. Specially if you haven't collected all the other legendary cars.
But there is a good news. I can't confirm 100% but several others that grinded wheelspins as I did experienced the same knock out system. Once you get one car from WS you will never get a duplicate from them until you collect all other cars.

I got all 5 HW cars from wheelspins but I would never recommend grinding for them since the rng can be pretty brutal. For example the Metro alone required 40 Zenvos which cost 50 million from the Autoshow. I could used the Divo method since it cost only 350k from the Auction House but others also use it so it's likely the perks are already used. Money was not an issue but still I could simply wait a little bit and get the Metro in Spring. Anyway it's not that hard to get the HW cars is just not worth the grind imo. Specially if you haven't collected all the other legendary cars.
But there is a good news. I can't confirm 100% but several others that grinded wheelspins as I did experienced the same knock out system. Once you get one car from WS you will never get a duplicate from them until you collect all other cars.
I've gotten plenty of duplicate cars from wheelspins so there is definitely not a knock out system.

I've gotten plenty of duplicate cars from wheelspins so there is definitely not a knock out system.
And again I said something different. HW cars are legendary cars and have a knock out system. You won't get a duplicate Hot Wheels car out of those 5 before you collect all of them. It happened to others as well not only me. Now if you know someone or it happened to you that is another story and you have a point if not.

Update:
413AFE87-C6C2-4AB8-8692-69495F68E580.png

I was finally able to test the Hoonigan Bel Air today as the battery I was using for the gamepad ran out of charge last night.

As it turns out, it's not as bad as it was in FH4, but it's hard to use this car in road racing anymore, at least with the same setup.
Rollover does not occur, but the inside tire floats up easily in many corners and does not provide enough turning performance.
And I don't know if this has happened since this update, but for some reason, turn-in on gravel now causes rollover without fail.
Therefore, driving in such a way as to cut the inside gravel in a corner is now an action that carries a higher risk than before.

but the inside tire floats up easily in many corners and does not provide enough turning performance.

Its souldnt since all the weight is on the outside tire in corners especially in that car with its very high center of mass.

Last edited:
Still no HW cars from spins, only the 2JetZ from this week's playlist. I've looked in the AH loads but I never see anything in there. Roll on the 19 July. It's the Dually I really want.

Congratulations to everyone that's got one or more HW cars from the wheelspins.

I'm not so fussed with getting the new HW additions right away. PG are pretty generous in handing out their rarer/pricier cars through seasonal rewards and the Forzathon shop, and I wouldn't be shocked if they end up being rewards for completion of certain events or accolades in the expansion.

I thought the wheelspin HWs were going to be handed out as part of the natural progression of the Hot Wheels EP? In that case, and since I'm sitting on a Premium-ed FH5, I think I'll wait until the 19th instead of losing my sanity with wheelspins.

I thought the wheelspin HWs were going to be handed out as part of the natural progression of the Hot Wheels EP? In that case, and since I'm sitting on a Premium-ed FH5, I think I'll wait until the 19th instead of losing my sanity with wheelspins.
In the last Forza Monthly they said the 5 wheelspin Hot Wheels will be available as a rewards for the HW expansion campaign and as a future playlist rewards or Forzathon Shop items (1:08:00).

I'm not too bothered about grinding for the Hot Wheels cars. If there was still a realistic farm for wheelspins I would probably grind for them but as it is I'm perfectly fine to wait. I got a couple already but will probably put my Nash Metro up for 20M today and just get it back in next weeks playlist.

I will admit I am suffering the sin of pride right now. My closest competition for this win wasn’t any of the level 10 cars in the race. It was another Vocho right behind me. I guessed the right direction leaving the final arena, checked the map and saw the finish was on the other side of Guanajuato. All the level 10 cars were driving straight for it so I knew they were going to run into walls. I aimed for the Main Street through town. The other Vocho came out of a side street on the right and we ended up next to each other. Naturally they tried to ram me into a wall. I backed off a bit and hoped they’d make a mistake, and they did, overshooting a hard right. I passed on the inside, then managed to stay ahead until the finish. I’ve now installed “I’m the Vocho you never saw coming” on my Horizon Link.
A100AC72-511D-42F6-9C18-B6A35E6DCBAC.png

Last edited:
So it's been a minute so I've last made a blueprint event, and I see that there's a Camera Mode toggle for the L-stick. That's all fine and dandy, but it seems that the Percision Mode toggle has been removed. Is that the case, or am I missing something?

I will admit I am suffering the sin of pride right now. My closest competition for this win wasn’t any of the level 10 cars in the race. It was another Vocho right behind me. I guessed the right direction leaving the final arena, checked the map and saw the finish was on the other side of Guanajuato. All the level 10 cars were driving straight for it so I knew they were going to run into walls. I aimed for the Main Street through town. The other Vocho came out of a side street on the right and we ended up next to each other. Naturally they tried to ram me into a wall. I backed off a bit and hoped they’d make a mistake, and they did, overshooting a hard left. I passed on the inside, then managed to stay ahead until the finish. I’ve now installed “I’m the Vocho you never saw coming” on my Horizon Link.
View attachment 1167712
This is quite an achievement! Congratulations! 🎉

I'm not too bothered about grinding for the Hot Wheels cars. If there was still a realistic farm for wheelspins I would probably grind for them but as it is I'm perfectly fine to wait. I got a couple already but will probably put my Nash Metro up for 20M today and just get it back in next weeks playlist.
I guess I wont be after all, Most I can sell it for is 2.1M so I just aswell keep it.

I got the Hot Wheels Mustang and the Nash, so I now have all the HW wheelspin cars. I noticed you can’t put wider tires on the Nash. I thought you could do that in FH4. Am I remembering wrong?

Edit: I am remembering wrong. You cannot increase the tire width on the Nash in FH4.

Last edited:
Back