Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,083 comments
This is interesting. My 2018 TT RS is white, unless I look at it in the Car Mastery screen where it’s yellow. And that’s the only place where it shows yellow. And yes, I’ve tried the trick of modifying the car to reset the thumbnail. It still shows yellow, but only in the Car Mastery screen.
0FFD8B48-79F2-4747-A8EE-791604D2539B.png

E5327BC5-0232-4F5D-9169-04A5FB6B8C59.png

This is interesting. My 2018 TT RS is white, unless I look at it in the Car Mastery screen where it’s yellow. And that’s the only place where it shows yellow. And yes, I’ve tried the trick of modifying the car to reset the thumbnail. It still shows yellow, but only in the Car Mastery screen.
View attachment 1165195
View attachment 1165194
It’s probably not rendering the white base vinyl on that design and is going down to the raw paint instead.

I don’t know if that’s a side-effect of the new matte vinyl options but that would be my first guess. It could also be some funkiness with mask layers.

I saw this is doing the rounds the last few days. I don't know how trustworthy this guy is. This is the only individual I personally have seen with this so I guess this seems more of a fake at the moment.

I saw this is doing the rounds the last few days. I don't know how trustworthy this guy is. This is the only individual I personally have seen with this so I guess this seems more of a fake at the moment.

1656209220258.png

I swear I've seen people in the past point out in the past that Extreme E (as in the race series) and the Odyssey 21 (the car they use) are both listed in the game credits, so...

Edit: Not imagining things, it was in this very thread 2 months ago! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-horizon-5-general-discussion.399481/post-13695956

With a new EV only Rivals event added this series, I could see them add a new EV only (maybe even Odyssey 21 only?) Cross Country/Rally-ish mode designed around 2 lap circuit races. Maybe even copy the race weekend format of heats, semi-finals and a final?

Last edited:
A FH5 player got banned for 8000 years! 😂

Saw this Tweet about a player getting banned until Dec 31 9999. That must be the longest ban in gaming history.
It's also a shame since he made a good and funny livery. I don't know what he thought would happen. Just putting #SendNukes is a little bit too much nowadays, imo. But still.... 8000 years? Hilarious.

Saw this Tweet about a player getting banned until Dec 31 9999. That must be the longest ban in gaming history.
It's also a shame since he made a good and funny livery. I don't know what he thought would happen. Just putting #SendNukes is a little bit too much nowadays, imo. But still.... 8000 years? Hilarious.

Ironically Playground ain’t playin’.

Last edited:
Anyone else having an issue with the '77 Trans Am Pontiac challenge not ticking off after buying and driving it?

That's a literal life sentence. This is equally as bad as these unrealistic prison sentences that can exceed a person's lifetime.

Guess he could get himself cryogenically frozen and log on in year 10,000 🤔

Banning for a stupid number of years is a common way of making a ban permanent.

I just checked and both Latin Spanish and Spanish translations of the game don't have this, it is either fake or has been quickly patched.

Forza_Horizon_5_Screenshot_2022.06.27_-_12.54.20.60.png

Forza_Horizon_5_Screenshot_2022.06.27_-_12.12.16.16.png

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure this is fake, since this guy seems to be the only one that has seen it this way.

To me it looks like they reduced how much the speed-depending steering assist has an influence which i like and that creates that side effect that you have to be more careful at driving cars with higher center of mass.

So basically, it seems like Trucks and SUVs have been nerfed in Tarmac races, but should (potentially) have better handling in Offroad races? Am I understanding that correctly?

Last edited:

To me it looks like they reduced how much the speed-depending steering assist has an influence which i like and that creates that side effect that you have to be more careful at driving cars with higher center of mass.

Interesting.
Perhaps this change will cause the Hoonigan Bel Air in tarmac racing to degenerate into an "easy rollover" machine like the FH4 was.
I have this car set up for A Class road racing and will test it tonight.

For some stupid reason, trying to start FH5 on PC will now take me to the Microsoft Store page for "Gaming Services". I've tried the fixes listed here, but then ran into the problem of my PC failing to apply updates.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Xbox Cloud Gaming and created tracks are a match made in hell.

Back