Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,318 comments
Nice to have this little fella back ☺️
I'm glad that car is back. :embarrassed: I made a Circuit Build of it for C Class, and let me tell you it is freakin' fun! :D
I love it. The wood framing can't be painted or covered with vinyls, so I decided to lean into it by painting the car in each of the three woodtone colors in the special colors tab. Everything green you see is vinyls. It makes the car look like the entire rear section is wood, giving it a much more classic "woody" look.
52507573333_9aff46f354_o.png

52507022701_3f0d773214_o.png

52507297324_b00fb011e8_o.png

Last edited:
I love it. The wood framing can't be painted or covered with vinyls, so I decided to lean into it by painting the car in each of the three woodtone colors in the special colors tab. Everything green you see is vinyls. It makes the car look like the entire rear section is wood, giving it a much more classic "woody" look.
View attachment 1208906
View attachment 1208907
View attachment 1208908
Ahh wow it looks gorgeous with that wood combo! I'd definitely go for the third one for sure! :D

I don't get it. Does this series of woodies has anything to do with Donut Media theme? I mean, If we are doing this recycle thing, at least bring back some highly requested ones maybe? Ferrari California, SLR McLaren, SL65 Black, Honda Odyssey, Kia Stinger to name a few.

Some old models need remodelling also. S15 Silvia, 22B, R32 GTR, Porche 959...

And those omitted active aeros. LaFerrari used to have lower rear flap animations back in Horizon 3... FXXK evo no animation, Evija lack of animation (comapred to the model in GRID Legends), SF90...

Last edited:
But they're recycling old cars. How is this okay? It's not!
It's their decision to recycle cars, not yours. Sure, the woodies may not be appealing to most people, but for me, they have their own charm. I'm happy to see that Ford Deluxe Station Wagon coming back (now bring back the HSV GTS-R and the Commodore VL Group A).

Since you dislike recycling cars, would you also say the same for the Koenigsegg Agera, Aston Martin One-77, Eagle Speedster and the Ferrari 599XX?

I don't get it. Does this series of woodies has anything to do with Donut Media theme? I mean, If we are doing this recycle thing, at least bring back some highly requested ones maybe? Ferrari California, SLR McLaren, SL65 Black, Honda Odyssey, Kia Stinger to name a few.

No, these woodies are about as far from Donut Media cars and their audience as they could have gone.

I'm finding the current season so dismal, with many bugs that STILL have not been fixed, such as the flickering cargo train, the missing headlights in the car selection tabs (they look like some low-life stole them!), and the loss of progression in a championship if the quick resume glitches... that I've decided to finally go and try The Crew 2! I'll tell you later what I think of that.

Another week, another annoying bunch of unskippable dialogue. I heard those guys start yapping and noped right out.

Is this all month? Ugh.

The combination of this and another "get 20 drifts in Open" challenge last week means no 100% completion for me this month. I'm just going to get the new cars and that's it.

IMG_20221119_130304.jpg

Last edited:
About this latest update, if I may ask: has anyone had trouble starting the game, or starting the game under specific circumstances?

I can't seem to be able to start the game without an internet connection, even if I have Steam's offline mode enabled, which kind of defeats its purpose. Whenever I click on "Play" the game will show as "Running", and there's a process in Task Manager, but nothing happens, it just hangs there, no splash screen or anything. I've tried updating Windows, updating Steam, reinstalling the game, running as administrator, turning off my antivirus to see if it affected it, nothing worked.

Did anyone else experience this, or am I just unlucky?

Latest Posts

Back