Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,355 comments
Screenshot_20221211_070159_Instagram.jpg

I saw this t-shirt in a comic and thought it would make a great livery.
1D14B836-D3A9-41E3-894E-6FEB8C46B766.jpeg

So I made my version of it. What do you think, should I add Christmas lights to the top of the van?
1033A532-38DF-4770-BAA7-E90A176B8D83.png

Edit: Oh yeah. Much better with Christmas lights.
9A3B1AF3-CA8C-4546-89A7-05B1C297D080.png

Last edited:
I'm going to be back on FH5 tonight completing the playlist, haven't been on for a few weeks mostly because of work and the fact that the recent Donut Media updates were a bit poor.

Anyone else sick of YouTubers and Forza horizon 5 the last exploit which got patch I didn’t know about and people already have the Sian like how the **** we still have to gift alot of cars which I’m doing and gifted last week rewards cars this week too. Also I’m looking for snowman for a Mazda accolade and watched YouTube and somehow the guy had the Sian and was in winter already which is in two weeks I believe. I don’t do any exploits but I’m so annoyed by YouTubers and I reported them for spam content. Ruining it for everyone else and I’ve even heard one of them talking about selling modded accounts with heaps of credits like seriously 😱 😠

Last edited by a moderator:
Also oh some of the leader board times and distances and speeds are a joke like some jumps I’ve seen 15,000 metres like ummm excuse me?????? Or 30 seconds for a lap in rivals or speeds of 5000 kms for a speed zone or speed trap and I’m using a decent car and pushing to get a decent legit speed. 🤷‍♂️

Also oh some of the leader board times and distances and speeds are a joke like some jumps I’ve seen 15,000 metres like ummm excuse me?????? Or 30 seconds for a lap in rivals or speeds of 5000 kms for a speed zone or speed trap and I’m using a decent car and pushing to get a decent legit speed. 🤷‍♂️
I agree wholeheartedly with both of your posts bud, and I'd say so do 99% of people on here.

A small minority of leaderboard times/scores are due to glitches though. One of mine is. For the danger sign in Duna Blanca's I have a jump of 3,700 ft. It's really annoying as it makes me look dodgy. All my other leaderboards are 100% legit.

Those YouTubers that push modded accounts and 'glitches' are in my opinion total killjoys.

Last edited:
I wish they'd consider introducing the feature on leaderboards which shows whose tuning setup you used. Maybe it'd make supercheaters stand out even more if when people tried to download their setups all they got was a "👽 lol" popup.

Obviously just kidding about that last part but joke times and distances should make the offending players be permanently forced to wear a feathery chicken outfit covered in tar. Or have a flashing arrow pointing to their car marked "CHEATERS HERE" so people could ram them off the road in online races accompanied by a Chase H.Q.-style damage meter.

OK, just kidding again.

Last edited:
I’m sure there’s no dynamic counter and that the items are programmed to release on a specific date. That’s how it was last year at least.
"Secret Santa returns to Forza Horizon 5! We’ve tweaked and adjusted how it works based on your feedback from last year, so you’ll find it easier to unlock that snazzy top-tier car and who knows, if you give enough gifts then the holiday season may well start before you expect it!"

"Secret Santa returns to Forza Horizon 5! We’ve tweaked and adjusted how it works based on your feedback from last year, so you’ll find it easier to unlock that snazzy top-tier car and who knows, if you give enough gifts then the holiday season may well start before you expect it!"
Thanks, didn’t see that 🙂

Seems like this might be the right time. New to Forza. I am curious how good players online keep their Horizon Level so low (Like between 1-25) yet are ranked really high the online leaderboards. I don’t see how it is possible to have millions of Online XP but be a level 10 in game. Don’t really take issue with it, just curious.

#IhatetheBoneCrusher

Seems like this might be the right time. New to Forza. I am curious how good players online keep their Horizon Level so low (Like between 1-25) yet are ranked really high the online leaderboards. I don’t see how it is possible to have millions of Online XP but be a level 10 in game. Don’t really take issue with it, just curious.

#IhatetheBoneCrusher

Remember that after reaching a certain level number, you reach "prestige" and gain a star. A 1-star level 10 would actually be the equivalent of a Level 210. The real problem with the online leaderboards is the absurdly impossible times, like sub-1 second times on Rivals.

I would much rather see someone cheat to drive the silly vehicles than pollute the leaderboards or enable unfair advantages on Horizon Open or Eliminator. One makes for a funny screenshot, the others are the real, constant annoyance.
It's most likely the same people doing both of these things.

I don't but the odds are pretty good. If they are able to drive those vehicles than they have modded the games code.

On the whole, I disagree. I won't bore you with a long list of personal anecdotes or tales about cheating and why people do it, but the short version is that in my experience, "a cheater is a cheater" ignores many factors, like why they do it and what they aim to do.

Yes, modded accounts and cheating and hacking are definitely against the rules, but whether I consider a particular cheater to be in the wrong directly correlates to how much they're harming my or other players' experience.

Hence why I think driving the NPC-only vehicles is much less of a concern than 10-2999 accounts, cheated money breaking the Auction House economy, or outright exploits during races.

Is there overlap? Maybe. I don't know that. I don't like making broad assumptions.
Does a single player with the ability to do the more inoffensive things one also have the ability to do more problematic actions? Maybe, depends on what FH5 cheat software does, but I don't know that. I don't like making broad assumptions.

What I do know is that because of the way online works in FH5, we don't have classic game servers, where each server has its own admins and moderators, as we do on games with better multiplayer features. (In fact, we don't even have ways to connect to preferred regions, which in itself is worth a long rant.) All we have is the incredibly unresponsive reporting and ticketing system and PGG's utterly outnumbered token moderation team to handle basically every case, meaning the only way to realistically handle cheating is with infrequent collecting of data and big, slow ban waves.

If it wasn't obvious by now how much contempt I have for the way this sort of thing is handled, it should be clear by now. I really don't care to act like a cop and I really don't care for developers and publishers that offload the responsibility of reporting bad behavior entirely on the playerbase. That's what we have mods and admins for in games that don't treat multiplayer as an impersonal afterthought.

Last edited:
On the whole, I disagree. I won't bore you with a long list of personal anecdotes or tales about cheating and why people do it, but the short version is that in my experience, "a cheater is a cheater" ignores many factors, like why they do it and what they aim to do.

Yes, modded accounts and cheating and hacking are definitely against the rules, but whether I consider a particular cheater to be in the wrong directly correlates to how much they're harming my or other players' experience.

Hence why I think driving the NPC-only vehicles is much less of a concern than 10-2999 accounts, cheated money breaking the Auction House economy, or outright exploits during races.

Is there overlap? Maybe. I don't know that. I don't like making broad assumptions.
Does a single player with the ability to do the more inoffensive things one also have the ability to do more problematic actions? Maybe, depends on what FH5 cheat software does, but I don't know that. I don't like making broad assumptions.

What I do know is that because of the way online works in FH5, we don't have classic game servers, where each server has its own admins and moderators, as we do on games with better multiplayer features. (In fact, we don't even have ways to connect to preferred regions, which in itself is worth a long rant.) All we have is the incredibly unresponsive reporting and ticketing system and PGG's utterly outnumbered token moderation team to handle basically every case, meaning the only way to realistically handle cheating is with infrequent collecting of data and big, slow ban waves.

If it wasn't obvious by now how much contempt I have for the way this sort of thing is handled, it should be clear by now. I really don't care to act like a cop and I really don't care for developers and publishers that offload the responsibility of reporting bad behavior entirely on the playerbase. That's what we have mods and admins for in games that don't treat multiplayer as an impersonal afterthought.
It doesn't matter why or what the purpose is, cheating is cheating, period.

Back