Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,910 comments
I believe they have included the info you previously had to toggle to see.
But now we can't see the rewards, and instead need to toggle back to that.

Can't say I'm a fan of this change when I pretty much always have a car for something, but I always need to check the rewards. The rewards are the more important information here. Not really a big problem either though. If it helps people more than I think it will, then good.

But now we can't see the rewards, and instead need to toggle back to that.
It only affects the screenshots posted in the Wednesday preview Tweet - and it's essentially so people can prep and tune cars for it.

It only affects the screenshots posted in the Wednesday preview Tweet - and it's essentially so people can prep and tune cars for it.
... oh
I thought they meant the in-game playlist.

This makes a lot more sense now.

What would be ideal is to see both car restrictions and prizes at the same time without the need to toggle. But I understand that this might not fit UI very well, so no biggie.
I'd also love to have the required cars in the image of each challenge because for me the process is more important than the prize. And the prize car is not always of the same class as the event itself. I already have probably 90% of the cars and there is a very little chance that this "prize" car is something I don't have.

Edit
Is this really a Caterham in the photo challenge preview though? :)
FdMxxYyWYAEjrOZ

Last edited:
I was so happy to have a bunch of road races last week. I then slowly realized that it meant a week of cross country races and was immediately dreading it. At least the week of street races will be fun, hopefully

IMO the best cross country racing was in FH2, as rollovers did happened quite often (both the AI and you) so that came into play. Now we have some weird physics to keep vehicles horizontal, which also affects high altitude jumping, and of course, the AI's rubberbanding is at its worst here.
That being said, there is satisfaction in building rides that can overcome all of that and excel.

For me cross country was a major attraction point of the series. I didn't have an Xbox back then and I wanted to play Horizon so bad. The trailer of the third instalment just blew my mind. I now have spent hundreds of hours in FH4 & FH5 and I understand why people don't enjoy cross country - but I still find it extremely fun to do from time to time, all the high speed jumps and bumps pump me up. Especially in its ultimate form of Eliminator.

Last edited:
I like the cross country races generally but loathe cross country buggy races. To me they don't fit very well, if I'm smashing through walls and jumping off cliffs I'd rather be driving something sturdy like a Land Rover or the Rally Fighter.

This is the first series for a while that really feels like a struggle to get through and I'm just doing the bare minimum to get the reward cars. Each to their own, but for me there's no "fun" in this series, it just feels like a chore.

At least most of the last few Eventlab creations they've picked are ones where the creator has clearly put some effort into them - this week's brings back memories of the classic Stunt Car Racer and the recent High Speed Ring one obviously had a lot of hours sunk into making it. (I still have nightmares about the series where week after week we were driving round halfpipes atop the volcano.)

I find the Cross Country races really, really easy with the exception of the absolute nonsense that is the Urban... whatever it's called in Guanajuato which totally highlights the jump cheating the AI do. During S10 with the Extreme Es when it was an erroneous one-lap race, it was close to impossible to win without high-grade ramming and rewind.

Also it's fun to note that once they're outside of a certain range, AI cars don't appear to be subject to the laws of physics any more. There's one race where you jump into Mulege right at the end, and if you look behind you as you approach the finish line you can see those distant AI don't jump at all; they just crest the hill and wazz right down it, as if vertical inertia isn't real.

I like the cross country very much and it's probably my favorite discipline, mostly because you can rack up skill points easily by smashing into things.

I enjoyed the five-race series in my 'brocky' against the OP Extreme-E's in front, had some good battles in those races. I didn't like the Event lab and I had one attempt at the Trailblazer as I'm not good at the.

I like cross country too and with street racing is my favorite way to race AI. After so much time playing FH5 I know every corner of any route, but those two disciplines still have some unexpected situations that can ruin your race. That makes it way more interesting to me compared to road and dirt racing.

It's funny that I brought up FH2 and it's cross-country events for comparison, so I reinstalled the game, now on the Series X.

Back then kids, championships consisted of three races, regardless of what you drove: a road course, a road "circuit", and a cross country race, and wow, right from the start CC feels faster (even at 30 fps) and way more visceral than what we have now. This is where you learn to drive with the chase camera, because of the tall grass and wheat fields, driving with bumper/hood camera is nearly impossible. And I do prefer the collision physics, where every hit feels with more impact and can affect you and the AI cars in different ways: rollovers, spins and even barrels (!!!), and the falls from high above just don't completely kill your momentum, as we have had since FH4.

Pfff, after doing again some CC in FH2 , returning to do the current weekly playlist was a piece of cake!

Last edited:
I'm not sure. The drivatars kept tumbling over each other like clowns making them easier to pass in my experience. No chase cam needed here.

It's rivals I found the hardest at the time.

Last edited:
Man, I wish that we get the 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (plus Laguna Seca parts) within FH5's lifespan... It would fit a modern-take on the Mustang v. Mustang showcase event.

It's funny that I brought up FH2 and it's cross-country events for comparison, so I reinstalled the game, now on the Series X.

Back then kids, championships consisted of three races, regardless of what you drove: a road course, a road "circuit", and a cross country race, and wow, right from the start CC feels faster (even at 30 fps) and way more visceral than what we have now. This is where you learn to drive with the chase camera, because of the tall grass and wheat fields, driving with bumper/hood camera is nearly impossible. And I do prefer the collision physics, where every hit feels with more impact and can affect you and the AI cars in different ways: rollovers, spins and even barrels (!!!), and the falls from high above just don't completely kill your momentum, as we have had since FH4.

Pfff, after doing again some CC in FH2 , returning to do the current weekly playlist was a piece of cake!
Inspired by you, I reinstalled Horizon 2 and had a nostalgic run. I had forgotten the whole Road Trip aspect, where you'd drive to a location and then pick a championship based on the type of vehicle class. Oddly, my championship consisted of 4 races though.

Man, I hated FH2 off-road racing. While road racing was pure joy, off-road was too arcade. IDK, what game is better in that regard - FH3 or 4.

1664135708283.png

Just had the easiest Eliminator game. I was able to get a level 4 Lancer at the start and won 3 eliminations. During this time, I noticed someone had gotten a level 10 Centenario near the start and was beating people. But then as I was driving on a road, the Centenario comes speeding towards me and initiates a race. At first I thought I was screwed but then the finish line was thankfully in the direction I was heading. As I raced toward it, the guy had to stop and turn around. They quit before I even got to the finish line. At this point, I just hid as there were around 15 people left so the end was near. Someone in a Macan challenged me, probably thinking I was AFK, so I won and it made me change to a different level 10 car. For the final elimination, I correctly guess the direction and was able to easily win

Back