Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,343 comments
Screenshot_20220926-203032_Chrome.jpg

So, we might be finally getting DLSS on FH5.

Probably with the next update.

Source:

Considering it says "DLSS Frame Generation" I believe this is DLSS 3 and not any of the previous ones. This is targeting 8K gaming with the RTX 4090. Only time will tell if there'll be DLSS 2 or if we can use DLSS 3 for 4K or less

I don't care about DLSS since it's limited to Nvidia RTX. I hope we see the AMD equivalent to DLSS since i can use it with my non RTX Nvidia card :P

Last edited:
For no particular reason I've been observing the steam charts for FH4 and FH5 for the last few months and the information is interesting.

FH4
FH5

Both games tend to peak in concurrent players in the mornings (Pacific Time, I think) which makes sense in that its the time when both North America and Europe would have the most overlap in players.

More curiously, FH4 has a higher daily peak and a lower trough whereas FH5 tends to have less players but is more steady. I wonder if this is simply the case that more people own FH4? I doubt this because the all-time peak concurrent players of FH5 is double that of FH4 and FH4 did not get a steam release until well after it's initial launch. Either way, I'm surprised to see FH4 has more average and peak players than FH5 considering how old FH4 is and the fact that it isn't receiving any updates beyond the seasonal stuff. Perhaps the actual change in season has made FH4 a more compelling long term play? Yet it seems people tend to play FH4 for shorter durations than FH5. Maybe people are jumping on for a race or two for the daily/weekly goals and then closing out?

I wonder if Microsoft is satisfied with the engagement metrics of FH5? The optimistic side of me would think that these numbers would encourage them to change the formula for the next title to boost engagement.

Huge caveat - This is steam, a totally different userbase from console and probably not the audience the game is chiefly aimed at. Is there any publicly available XB user numbers?

Last edited:
For no particular reason I've been observing the steam charts for FH4 and FH5 for the last few months and the information is interesting.

FH4
FH5

Both games tend to peak in concurrent players in the mornings (Pacific Time, I think) which makes sense in that its the time when both North America and Europe would have the most overlap in players.

More curiously, FH4 has a higher daily peak and a lower trough whereas FH5 tends to have less players but is more steady. I wonder if this is simply the case that more people own FH4? I doubt this because the all-time peak concurrent players of FH5 is double that of FH4 and FH4 did not get a steam release until well after it's initial launch. Either way, I'm surprised to see FH4 has more average and peak players than FH5 considering how old FH4 is and the fact that it isn't receiving any updates beyond the seasonal stuff. Perhaps the actual change in season has made FH4 a more compelling long term play? Yet it seems people tend to play FH4 for shorter durations than FH5. Maybe people are jumping on for a race or two for the daily/weekly goals and then closing out?

I wonder if Microsoft is satisfied with the engagement metrics of FH5? The optimistic side of me would think that these numbers would encourage them to change the formula for the next title to boost engagement.

Huge caveat - This is steam, a totally different userbase from console and probably not the audience the game is chiefly aimed at. Is there any publicly available XB user numbers?
Horizon 4 has been $20 for the regular seasonal/publisher sales for a while now, so accessibility in terms of cost might be a factor. Beyond that who knows.

Something has gotten me really excited as of late, and it happens to be a mod that Playground Games has vetted and approved of.

This UI makes FH5 look more like a Forza Motorsport game, and I find this rather exciting. Sure, it's not bringing back fuel management or pit stops, but I really like what's there and what it does as it stands! Just having a boost gauge and tire temperature indicators right here on my speedo, not to mention both a Best and Last lap... and the lap deltas... and the handbrake indicator... Simply awesome to me.

Last edited:
Considering it says "DLSS Frame Generation" I believe this is DLSS 3 and not any of the previous ones. This is targeting 8K gaming with the RTX 4090. Only time will tell if there'll be DLSS 2 or if we can use DLSS 3 for 4K or less
DLSS 3 does still offer the same feature sets DLSS 2 offers and DOES WORK ON RTX 20 and 30 series GPUs. It is just the new "Frame Generation" Feature of DLSS 3 that requires a RTX 40 series GPU. "Frame Generation" is something that is an extra Toggle you can enable on top of DLSS "Super Resolution" upscaling.

DLSS 3's "Super Resolution" upscaling is still an improvement over the current DLSS 2.4.13.

Digital Foundry talked about it in their latest DF Direct Weekly, and have videos in the works to go into even more detail about how it works.

Something has gotten me really excited as of late, and it happens to be a mod that Playground Games has vetted and personally approved of.

This UI makes FH5 look more like a Forza Motorsport game, and I find this rather exciting. Sure, it's not bringing back fuel management or pit stops, but I really like what's there and what it does as it stands! Just having a boost gauge and tire temperature indicators right here on my speedo, not to mention both a Best and Last lap... and the lap deltas... and the handbrake indicator... Simply awesome to me.

Somebody in the comments said PG even approved those additions as well. Now that doesn't mean they are going to outright add those features out of inspiration, but I would honestly love to have them in my game too. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Something has gotten me really excited as of late, and it happens to be a mod that Playground Games has vetted and personally approved of.

It uses the Data Out port which is fully supported by Forza horizon and Forza Motorsport games. It's just for some reason taken this long to gain traction even though it's had years to at this point. Things like SIMHUB since it came in have been supported due to use of Data Out. The only limit to the tool is what data you can actually pull from the games

I’m probably the last person to notice this, but I saw this little viewpoint/hut on top of a hill next to the circular crops in the southwest part of the map and had to check it out. The sign cracked me up. It says something like “Have we been seen by aliens? Come see the famous crop circles!”
32865CEA-D96A-4E76-BF99-FFF569E12560.png

76C69933-0F5E-413C-BEEE-D94BFD3E210F.png

E9B42BE2-3FD2-4D48-ACEA-8D5056F0F9FD.png

I’m probably the last person to notice this, but I saw this little viewpoint/hut on top of a hill next to the circular crops in the southwest part of the map and had to check it out. The sign cracked me up. It says something like “Have we been seen by aliens? Come see the famous crop circles!”
View attachment 1195638
View attachment 1195636
View attachment 1195637
It's details like these why I've come to really love PG as a developer. They're fun, hilarious and creative. :D :lol:
Incredible! I've also seen a white Nissan Pulsar somewhere in Canada once as well. It's one of those cars I wish I could have irl, but I'm super glad we have it in Forza. :embarrassed: Isn't it crazy that this thing used to be in GT? Dude, I remember when I first discovered it and driven it in GT2 as a kid. To finally have it again but in Forza, is SO, DANG, AWESOME!

Last edited:
View attachment 1195638
View attachment 1195636
View attachment 1195637
I always wondered what created Los Ojos Del Mundo. Think it's one of these:

PivotIrrigationOnCotton.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1195638
View attachment 1195636
View attachment 1195637
Well,
I've never seen it either, so you aren't the last person to notice this time.

Inspired by you, I reinstalled Horizon 2 and had a nostalgic run. I had forgotten the whole Road Trip aspect, where you'd drive to a location and then pick a championship based on the type of vehicle class. Oddly, my championship consisted of 4 races though.
I recently went back to FH2 and the world feels way more alive with the AI cars driving around. You even see the AI drivers you raced drive off after a race finishes. FH5 is a ghost town.

I recently went back to FH2 and the world feels way more alive with the AI cars driving around. You even see the AI drivers you raced drive off after a race finishes. FH5 is a ghost town.
You can just go Solo and have the Drivatars running around in FH5 too. Personally I rarely play solo since FH4, but I'm glad you still have the option to choose rather than playing only with them.

I have been a bit bored lately after doing the playlist stuff so I decided to do some rivals. The track I picked was the gauntlet! After many fail attempts I managed to get this run. I know it's a Bone Shaker but the thing is just so good off road, you can floor it out of a corner and it just grips with zero complaint. I think the hardest part of the track is the downhill section, it's far into the run so you don't want to throw it away by binning it into a wall but at the same time you can get so much time if you give it 100% commitment.

20220929121714_1.jpg

The Trial this week is street racing with traffic on top of your useless teammates. :crazy:
Mmm so how bad it could be? It turns out, not bad at all! I was stuck with my base Sandman but all my teammates had their rides upgraded to C600, so I was the last place doofus, just content to watch the carnage they left behind and playing Mexican Minister of Defense against any stray AI's! Two easy wins!
:lol::gtpflag:

Back