Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
There isn't one: it's a game of Mastermind.

You get right (green tick), right but in the wrong place (orange arrow), wrong (red), and keep guessing combinations until you get it. The "solution" also seems to change every ten minutes.
Oh hell, it's taken me 10 minutes to get 2 cookies scanned lol 😂😂

Keep an eye on the GTP front page. Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly Wednesday...
Ooohhhhh sounds interesting. Unfortunately I'm taking Mrs Edax76 into hospital Wednesday for Gall Bladder removal. I'll keep peeking through the day lol.

I've given up for now, but I'll try again later. Thanks for your help Famine

I find that any official forum for a game tends to be rather crap, even for smaller games like AMS2. The old PlayStation Underground forums were probably the only time I’ve found an official forum to be enjoyable.
The DiRT Rally side of the Codemasters Forums was* awesome, just a bunch of nerds shooting the breeze about rally cars and the game. I still hang out with most of those people on Discord not because I have to be there (I don't, offically), but because I want to be.

*Forum's being sunset this week as support moves over to EA Answers.

Oh hell, it's taken me 10 minutes to get 2 cookies scanned lol 😂😂
The code actually change every so often though, unsure but definitely change after certain minutes passed. The best method i found is actually using the pictures of the cookies itself. Picture has been edited with higher contrast for easier scanning. (Someone post the picture on reddit)

GTP is one of the most neutral forums (for non Gran Turismo games anyway, I don’t visit the GT side much) out there for these titles.

The Forza forum (and any official forum for that matter) has the extra baggage of people expecting developers and publishers to read every comment, effectively turning it into a “how can I change the game” platform. That’s also why is skews more negative as the people that are happy with or nonplussed about the game won’t comment as frequently, because they’re busy playing the game.

I still take a peek and occasionally post over there (pre-Codemasters I used to be super active), but the constant “make the game X” and argumentative topics made me not enjoy it anymore. I get enough of that kind of discourse in my day job already 🙂

Threw in my 2 pence anyways over there:
LOL at the person who replied to you immediately writing your comment off as a "generalisation" while preferring to believe the other guy's demonstrable lie as a "first hand account". Which part of "over 4,000 posts on both forums" didn't he understand? It speaks volumes to their idea of neutrality.

The other bloke who came here to complain that the people on this thread weren't real car enthusiasts like him and didn't belong in the conversation, then whined on the official forum when he got pooed was funny as well.

Last edited:
LOL at the person who replied to you immediately writing your comment off as a "generalisation" while preferring to believe the other guy's demonstrable lie as a "first hand account". Which part of "over 4,000 posts on both forums" didn't he understand? It speaks volumes to their idea of neutrality.
Meh, I said my bit. “Forum wars” are beneath me, I’m too old to care about that anymore.

Meh, I said my bit. “Forum wars” are beneath me, I’m too old to care about that anymore.
Forum Wars Episode 1

It is a time of turmoil in the internet. Senator Brown has left PG Games taking with him senior members of the senate. Blockades have been enforced across the internet demand fairer demands for gamers. Some of these demands unfortunately are conveying hate and spite. Into this fray the remaining members of the senate have sent our brave Forza Horizon avatar to restore peace.........

Thus starts DLC 2.

Forum Wars Episode 1

It is a time of turmoil in the internet. Senator Brown has left PG Games taking with him senior members of the senate. Blockades have been enforced across the internet demand fairer demands for gamers. Some of these demands unfortunately are conveying hate and spite. Into this fray the remaining members of the senate have sent our brave Forza Horizon avatar to restore peace.........

Thus starts DLC 2.
Is it wrong that when I was reading your post I angled the top half of my phone away from me and started scrolling it slowly upwards while humming the Star Wars music?

Last edited:
Not at all mate. Entirely appropriate 👍
Forum Wars Episode 2: Anagrams Of The Sith

The light side has rejected Anakalaron and Ren Skytalker, forcing them to go back to the dark side of the forums to recruit a plucky band of rebels so that they can mount a fresh assault on the evil Playground empire.

To their dismay however, their attempts to Force Persuade the developers to make the game more suitable for real car enthusiasts dissipate uselessly on their deflection shields. "Help me Motorfest, you're my only hope!"

Last edited:
Touche Sir, touche.
wummm, wummm swings lightsaber

7a6rsj.jpg

Last edited:
I knew we were overdoing it on the puns...

Hateplaying a game over a year after it came out so you can **** post about it online seems delusional to me. When I don't like a game that much I just stop playing it.
To be honest I stopped playing a while ago as I was starting to find the events repetitive and was tempted over to the daaaaark side of my backlog (well DR2 and WRCG to be precise). But I didn't feel the need to throw a hissy fit about it on here or anywhere else...
Ooohhhhh sounds interesting. Unfortunately I'm taking Mrs Edax76 into hospital Wednesday for Gall Bladder removal. I'll keep peeking through the day lol.

I've given up for now, but I'll try again later. Thanks for your help Famine
Make sure you get your priorities right on Wednesday ;)
More seriously, I hope everything goes smoothly 👍
Forum Wars Episode 1

Thus starts DLC 2.
Well, that still sounds like an improvement on Phantom Menace to me, not gonna lie.

Now, y'all don't know whether to give this post a like, a laugh or a poo now, eh ;)

Make sure you get your priorities right on Wednesday ;)
More seriously, I hope everything goes smoothly 👍

Now, y'all don't know whether to give this post a like, a laugh or a poo now, eh ;)
I will bud. She's having it done in The Royal Berkshire (your part of the world I believe). Thank you for the well wishes too bud.

Grade us as you see fit bud. Constructive criticism should never be mistaken as insults. We trust ya 👍

To be honest I stopped playing a while ago as I was starting to find the events repetitive and was tempted over to the daaaaark side of my backlog (well DR2 and WRCG to be precise). But I didn't feel the need to throw a hissy fit about it on here or anywhere else...
I took a three month break last year but it tempted me back. The community spirit here encouraged me as it gives me somewhere to offload the occasional rant when things don't go my way. I ended up missing out on the Mini Cooper FE. It'd be nice if unicorns came up in the Autoshow or were at least offered as playlist prizes more than once but from what I've heard the Mini's not a great car to drive due to its lack of upgradeability.

One or two evenings a week isn't a massive commitment to the game however and I've been filling in the gaps playing the even more repetitive single player campaign of Forza Motorsport 7 in hope that I can wipe it and make some space for the next game when it comes out later this year.

I like racing games though and if I found it a chore to play, I'd stop.

Last edited:
I'm one of those that came here from the official forums. I played both sides of the field for a while and was active in both, but the official forums have gone downhill faster than a roller coaster on steroids and has pushed those of us out who didn't see the game as the worst ever produced and T10/PG as the world's most incompetent developer. There are a few names from there I recognize a few of the bad ones too.

Pretty without the "r", maybe? Sounds like they've been moaning about us for a quite a while now... :lol::lol:

View attachment 1228626
I'm honestly not surprised at all at who made this post, one of those members that used to be ok and then was one of the first to pickup a pitchfork and lead the charge. I've spoken out against them and a few others and immediately got steamrolled.

Their forums have become an absolute **** show and I'm just glad that the majority of the ones that came here from there just for the sole purpose of spreading their toxicity quickly got shown where the toilet was for their poo.

Last edited:
Completely off topic so please forgive me, however if you're old enough to remember the 8-bit home computer scene of the '80's this might interest you.

This is a link to Crash radio. Crash was the magazine for any disconcerting Spectrum owner to be seen with in the '80's. The link takes you to their new radio station (now ran by Fusion Publishing). It play all the old in game OST's. Lots of bleeps and bloops but a glorious sound for those of us old enough.

Wah, wah, wah, go whine and cry all day long. As if the devs give a crap what those babies have to say. It's pretty much every fandom of different games such as Tekken, CoD, Fortnite, etc..... Spending their lives whining and complaining.
There’s a reason devs don’t (and are sometimes instructed not to) visit forums, and the title of that thread over there is one of them.

If a dev spends 2 hours reading and analysing the 1100 posts in that thread that’s 2 hours they’re not working on the game, ironically perpetuating the very thing that thread is arguing about, not to mention the general public has very little insight into the feasibility and reasoning behind certain design decisions.

Additionally, most developers and coders aren’t media trained and aren’t authorised to speak on behalf of a brand or company in public; official statements and discourse are handled through official people and channels.*

It is the role of the outward-facing members of the team to create short, actionable executive summaries of what players are saying about a game, adding them to internal sentiment reports, and I wouldn’t be surprised if @ManteoMax has done so already :)

*Side-note, me being here is not work related, hence the disclaimer in my signature.
I’m here because I want to be here; I just so happen to work on games communication as my day job.

Last edited:
It is the role of the outward-facing members of the team to create short, actionable executive summaries of what players are saying about a game, adding them to internal sentiment reports, and I wouldn’t be surprised if @ManteoMax has done so already :)
I hope we got a good report... nanu nanu

mork1-1.jpg

*Side-note, me being here is not work related, hence the declaimer in my signature.
I’m here because I want to be here; I just so happen to work on games communication as my day job.

I'm glad you're here, I can conclusively say I've learned a lot just from reading some of the posts you've made in this thread. I'll just say I wish this happened more often; devs or staff members coming here because they want to, as the people they are instead of the "dev" status they carry, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • Player will be drag racing cars from various eras
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • There will be some sort of marked box as start area
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
  • The light will cycle again if you missed it
  • The drag race are also available as normal race
  • Few new cars-ish specifically mentioned on the dialogues
    • Rimac Nevera (Rimac C_Two production model)
    • Lamborghini Huracan STO (we already have two versions)
    • Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

I'll include the files if you want to read all the dialogues
The Camaro Pro Stock may be a 2013 model based on the wheel testures. Also, what are the exterior differences between the Rimac Nevera and the C_Two?

Last edited:
Other than the wheels, not much else I can see
View attachment 1229315
View attachment 1229316
"First up, the headlining figures – a quad-motor setup making a total of 1,914hp and 2,369Nm of torque takes the electric hypercar from 0-100kph in just 1.85sec; 0-300kph takes just 9.3sec and the top speed of the Nevera is rated at 412kph. It also does the quarter-mile run in just 8.6sec. Incidentally, Rimac has highlighted that the 0-300kph time is 2.5sec quicker than what the automaker had initially anticipated. Overall, WLTP cycle range is rated at 547km on a single charge.

In terms of overall design, the Nevera has stayed pretty much true to the C_Two Concept, apart from a few tweaks in a few body panels that have further improved aerodynamic efficiency by 34 percent, as compared to the concept. The Nevera also features active aero on the underside, front bonnet, rear diffuser and rear wing – which can be set to either a low drag mode or a high downforce mode."

The power figures in forza are: 1887 bhp (1407 kW), 1695 lb⋅ft (2298 N·m). These numbers were true for the C_2.

Last edited:
Back