Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,301 comments
They’re just coasting with this game.

It’s sad they either just now noticed or cared this was an issue from a YEAR ago. The leaderboards haven’t been fun or challenging since launch anyways with all the cheater times.
The worst part is the cheater scores are still there. My legit 1,027,229 point drift score in the Cara Este drift zone has been wiped out (yet the game still acknowledges it as my best score despite not being on the leaderboard anymore), but the 42 million point #1 run from the obvious A-Class Trueno cheater with a 10 star prestige level is still on there.

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

The worst part is the cheater scores are still there. My legit 1,027,229 point drift score in the Cara Este drift zone has been wiped out (yet the game still acknowledges it as my best score despite not being on the leaderboard anymore), but the 42 million point #1 run from the obvious A-Class Trueno cheater with a 10 star prestige level is still on there.

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

This is easy stuff to take care of if they really cared. It’s embarrassing they even posted it like people should be happy it only took them a year to notice something.

Last edited:
It's rather insulting that legitimate drift zone scores get wiped out. Why? I did most of them, even 3-starred them all and they're getting removed? Can't imagine all the rage that's gonna bombard the playerbase.

It's rather insulting that legitimate drift zone scores get wiped out. Why? I did most of them, even 3-starred them all and they're getting removed? Can't imagine all the rage that's gonna bombard the playerbase.
Funnily enough loads of people were asking for something to this effect.

Unfortunately, doing anything that a part of the playerbase asks for, will anger some other part of the playerbase. At some point they need to put down their foot and stay firm with their choices instead of being indecisive.

It's far easier and quicker to wipe the entire database of scores than it is to filter those that are legitimate, I'm fairly positive of that.

Funnily enough loads of people were asking for something to this effect.

Unfortunately, doing anything that a part of the playerbase asks for, will anger some other part of the playerbase. At some point they need to put down their foot and stay firm with their choices instead of being indecisive.
Like PD? It seems to work for those guys on a regular basis, even with microtransactions and, IMO, not-so-enticing updates every month. If PD could do it, and STILL have people love and praise them, I'm not sure why PG wouldn't. Didn't people say they want them to take risks? Well now's the time.

I'm sure the answer is a little more boring: time and manpower.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're flat out on Expansion 2 (and pre-production of Forza Horizon 6) and don't have enough spare people to handle everything else on their proverbial wall of shame.

Side-note, we don't know if (m)any Forza staff got laid off as part of Microsoft's large culling, but I get the impression the Horizon team's had too much on their plate since Day 1 regardless.

Also, what one company does doesn't make it a good template for another company.

Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Horizon 5 are two very different games in terms of design philosophy, the latter essentially being a car-based MMO that incentivises keeping your Game Pass subscription active. Player retention and "new stuff to do" is priority #1 post-launch, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
I'm sure the answer is a little more boring: time and manpower.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're flat out on Expansion 2 and don't have enough spare people to handle everything else on their proverbial wall of shame.

Side-note, we don't know if (m)any Forza staff got laid off as part of Microsoft's large culling, but I get the impression the Horizon team's had too much on their plate since Day 1 regardless.
As more updates pass, it does seem like the horizon team is busy with something else (split between fh6, expansion 2 or maybe even the big feature updates).

They also did have big name staff leave recently, which might have a hand in fh6 development being affected in some way.

Edax 76, it is so much fun on many levels. The small stage works well with B class cars. 'Specially my '03 S2K.
1675963698225.png

Second EventLab is pretty cool as well. Took a 350Z Z33 out on the event and did my part. There's a reason why Eventlabs need to take risks and evolve.
1675963764825.png

1675963781769.png

Last edited:
The Playa Azul one is... I mean, it's okay as a course goes, but this sort of thing absolutely shouldn't happen:

1675971474804.png

1675971442663.png

1675971502900.png

Every one of these will stop your car dead, and these are just the really egregious ones; there's so many parts where the outside barrier/fencing is overlapped the wrong way and will stop or spin you if you catch them it's like the track was designed to go the other way round. Although there's just as many overlapping the right way, so you'd be killed if you went the other way too.

The Playa Azul one is... I mean, it's okay as a course goes, but this sort of thing absolutely shouldn't happen:

View attachment 1229517

View attachment 1229516

View attachment 1229518

Every one of these will stop your car dead, and these are just the really egregious ones; there's so many parts where the outside barrier/fencing is overlapped the wrong way and will stop or spin you if you catch them it's like the track was designed to go the other way round. Although there's just as many overlapping the right way, so you'd be killed if you went the other way too.
I'll be honest and say I didn't notice those, my bad. While I agree this shouldn't be there it's still a great little circuit I think.

Yeah, I thought that was the case here. I tested it out and it does sound somewhat better. Sadly, that is likely the only positive thing about this car, since the modeling is atrocious and unfit for quality 15 years later. Which is fairly understandable given that asset recycling is a normal thing. But still...

Last edited:
If someone wants easy Trial wins then feel free to try my 1979 Toyota FJ40 Setup :)

View attachment 1229709
Quite a fast little tune for the FJ40 C Class bud I like it. Only one recommendation from me though, it needs to be lowered slightly. It's very prone to roll over I found. I used it on The Titan course and rolled 4 times. In a straight line it's quick but you need to handle it so carefully in corners. Like I said it's good overall though and it's staying on my FJ40. Cheers.

ee4418c4-5505-498d-b57b-413600a45f12.png
027dfcb5-ffe4-4754-9370-7d5ba14344bb.png
616034df-eb9b-4b8e-9fae-437682f2a638.png

P.S. Yes, that is Tyres McSquealer driving....

Cracking paint job 👍. Another good build bud. It struggles going from 6th to 7th gear I found on the Titan, it looses power on the slightest incline. However, on circuits it's perfectly suited due to its good acceleration and cornering. I ran it on the Baja and Ek Balam circuits and it performed very well indeed.

Definitely a circuit car.

Hey all, does anyone have a workaround on the "You have too many files of this type. Please delete some from the file manager before saving any more.” limit?

I tried deleting at least 20 tunes and designs from my cars and the message still pops up.

Is this a bug or should I delete more? Couldn't tune the new cars due to this issue.

Did anyone else get around to making a sticker car?

Also as we're half way through Feb and I'm running my sticker car just a quick reminder to PM me your Gamer tag and if I haven't already I'll put some of your vinyls on my sticker car and like them.

Did anyone else get around to making a sticker car?

Also as we're half way through Feb and I'm running my sticker car just a quick reminder to PM me your Gamer tag and if I haven't already I'll put some of your vinyls on my sticker car and like them.
PJTierney is mine, I have about 300 logos you can go grab :)

Back