Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
I think it's mostly because the Slingshot is in this weird legal state where it can be registered as either a motorcycle or an autocycle (which the Morgan 3-Wheeler and the Peel P50 we already have are); Polaris must prefer to think of it as a motorcycle (even though legally speaking most of the US outside of Massachusetts calls it an autocycle), hence why it's not in the game.

Last edited:
If you add the Triple Seven bodykit and rear wing you can turn the '24 Mustang into a pseudo-GT3.
Forza Horizon 5 15_04_2024 22_23_06.png

Wasnt that thing leaked way back in FH3?Im really surprised its not in yet with all the oddballs and 3 wheel cars we have in these games
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ga...-car-list-weird-wonderful-and-very-australian
Yes, there are still articles in which TopGear mentions the existence of this car.
https://www.gtplanet.net/3-wheelers-will-come-to-forza-horizon-3-according-to-dan-greenawalt/
And Dan Greenawalt also mentioned this car on Smoking Tire podcast.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/run-coast/forza-motorsport-meets-polaris-slingshot
It has also been reported that T10 staff members were test-driving the Slingshot after the release of FM6.
Based on this evidence, it is possible that there were plans to include this car in the game during FH3's development.

However, Slingshot was not present anywhere in the FH3 game files...

Gotta admit, the 2024 Mustang's a disappointing reward car, at least in the context of the community challenge. I run all of my cars as close to stock as possible (with the exception of a few builds I'm proud of), so I like seeing how cars stack up against one another.

My heart sank when I saw it has a worse stock PI than all of the A-class Mustangs you can already get in the autoshow, while the new Raptor is just far and away the best ICE car in its category.

1713277785883.png

1713279367662.png

Not to say the 2024 Mustang is a bad car, but I do think it would've fared better as an actual playlist reward car than a community challenge reward.

Reddit as a whole is very positive about the fact that we got the base 2024 Mustang instead of the GTD or Dark Horse, since that way it's still in A class. The S class Mustangs are indeed less suitable to use compared to others in S class, so I get their point. And besides, the body kit offered allows you to turn the Mustang into basically a GTD.

Compare the real 2024 GTD to AudiMan's screenshot above... Not 100% but pretty close.

1713280400918.png

My biggest surprise is how I was winning comfortably with the Raptor R (in stock form) over the AI, whereas the similarly powerful but slightly lighter Saleen Sport Truck XR we got last year I find myself struggling against the same level of AI off road.

Gotta admit, the 2024 Mustang's a disappointing reward car, at least in the context of the community challenge. I run all of my cars as close to stock as possible (with the exception of a few builds I'm proud of), so I like seeing how cars stack up against one another.

My heart sank when I saw it has a worse stock PI than all of the A-class Mustangs you can already get in the autoshow, while the new Raptor is just far and away the best ICE car in its category.

View attachment 1347122

View attachment 1347128

Not to say the 2024 Mustang is a bad car, but I do think it would've fared better as an actual playlist reward car than a community challenge reward.
You're comparing a base model GT to two upgraded versions. Yes, it will be worse performance wise than a Spec 5 RTR and Shelby GT500 out of the box. That was to be expected.

Reddit as a whole is very positive about the fact that we got the base 2024 Mustang instead of the GTD or Dark Horse, since that way it's still in A class. The S class Mustangs are indeed less suitable to use compared to others in S class, so I get their point. And besides, the body kit offered allows you to turn the Mustang into basically a GTD.

Compare the real 2024 GTD to AudiMan's screenshot above... Not 100% but pretty close.

View attachment 1347130

My biggest surprise is how I was winning comfortably with the Raptor R (in stock form) over the AI, whereas the similarly powerful but slightly lighter Saleen Sport Truck XR we got last year I find myself struggling against the same level of AI off road.
Mmm. Y'know what, I see their point. If it's meant to be built into the GTD rather than simply replace it or the Dark Horse, then it at least fits the ideal of Horizon car additions--adaptable into whatever you need it to be. Doesn't fully excuse the lack of Dark Horse, but it's at least a sign that PG knows it's at least got a good few requests.

You're comparing a base model GT to two upgraded versions. Yes, it will be worse performance wise than a Spec 5 RTR and Shelby GT500 out of the box. That was to be expected.
That's more of a failing of the screenshot personally--I should've highlighted a Mustang that wasn't the GT500 or the RTR--but most of my ire is that it even does worse than the 2018 base model GT we already have in the Autoshow. Sure the 2024 does have better acceleration performance (which leads me to believe the stock PI is mostly down to weight differences and the stock gearing) but that's about it--the 2018 is better in most other respects.

View attachment 1347122

View attachment 1347128

That just doesn't make sense...how come they think the car would have a lower PI than the old model (2024 GT vs 2018 GT)? Surely the new one is faster than old model IRL?

Last edited:

I suspect it's probably as simple as these being the two new models that Ford is most wanting to promote, therefore them being highlighted as hero cars of the update and given away to all players for free fulfils that goal best. Building that sort of goodwill with manufacturers is handy for licensing more esoteric cars that they don't have an active interest in, and for the players it's two new cars for free.

That just doesn't make sense...how come they think the car would have a lower PI than the old model (2024 GT vs 2018 GT)? Surely the new one is faster than old model IRL?
There's more that goes into PI than just speed. Handling, braking and such is a factor as well. The '24 Mustang is heavier than the '18 model, which affect overall performance.

There's more that goes into PI than just speed. Handling, braking and such is a factor as well. The '24 Mustang is heavier than the '18 model, which affect overall performance.
And when it comes to upgrades, this assumption makes sense considering weight reduction adds a ton of PI to any car.

Wouldnt be the first time. The G82 M4 has a lower PI rating than the F82

But the Hennessey model I most want to see is this evil snake that once tormented me and many other players.

And the owners who sent him their cars for conversion and never got them back because Hennessey had parted them out and sold them off... 'allegedly'.

The less of Hennessey the better to be honest, there are plenty of rumours that most of their tuning parts are just bought in from other companies and re-labelled. Even the Venom GT was actually a second-hand Lotus modified by an engineering company in the UK to fit a Corvette engine and Ford GT transaxle, then just rebadged as a Hennessey for sale.

Not sure if this was already posted but;

Possible car for the Apex All-Stars update?

The 2022 Hennessey Mustang GT500 "Venom 1200"

hennessey-venom-1200-mustang-gt500-5-1024x683.webp

It's definitely plausible! Hennessey hasn't added a Mustang build yet, they just have the Exorcist as an example of "this is what we can do to existing cars", so bringing in the Venom 1200 as a Ford counterpoint to the Exorcist would make a lot of sense. They're kinda like DeBerti in that sense, a tuning shop that has a strong enough relationship with PG that they'll give them exclusive access to whatever mad automotive science they can come up with.

But if we can safely lock this one in as an Apex Allstars New-to-Forza car (I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is one of the DLC cars this month)... What might that tell us about the update as a whole? It kinda makes it sound like the update would focus on at least Track Toys, but what would be the theme that ties it all together?

Last edited:
At least we have just about all the iconic ones with the exception of the 95' cobra, the 2007 gt500 and 12' Boss 302. And we dont have any generation of Bullitt mustang...

Last edited:
Today the Mustang turns 60, so I think we will have some more Mustangs in the 33 series.
Hah, I'm surprised they didn't rig the 2024 Mustang's Race-Off release for today, knowing that. But... I doubt we'll have another Ford spotlight month so soon after what was essentially 'Fordzathon done right.' They'll probably just use Hennessey and DeBerti cars as loopholes to get around that if the cynical side of me is to be believed, but we'll see, I'm standing by my prediction that this Venom 1200 is just one of the DLC cars.

Alrighty, I feel like we're in a good enough place to start talkin' car predictions for the next Series.

Apex Allstars is honestly a specific enough title that the theme is genuinely easy to predict: Track Toys, whether Extreme or not, likely from the 21st Century or the turn of the decade. We know we very well might be getting the Venom 1200 here as a New-to-Forza, it lines up pretty well with the Track Toy category and could honestly fit in either the Playlist or the DLC, assuming we're still gonna be getting those. I'm siding with DLC because it feels more like a legend of speed than a straight-up Track Toy, but again it's pretty much either/or at this point.

Now that we won't be having a community challenge anymore to distract from possible experiments with playlist structure, I'm betting that we'll see another case of the Exclusive Events, since that seemed to be a huge hit with the Suggestions Hub. I don't think this theme is deserving of a 40 Point Car Week extravaganza--so we'll still be getting 20 point cars--but that just means the New-to-Forza cars can afford to be way more specific in their theming.

With that in mind, here's what I predict:
Summer: GT3/GT4 street model--this could be a 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, actually (thanks Justuxful and Fred for clearing up confusion!)
Autumn: Hennessey Shelby GT500 Venom 1200 OR an equivalent American Track Toy--this will depend on whether or not the Venom 1200 is indeed a Playlist car or not
Winter: Maserati MC20--because this is pretty much the last 'real' chance for this car to appear in an update for a while, I suspect. This might also be the season the headline car comes in with, either way.
Spring: Race car, maybe a car ported over from FM2023

The Hard-to-Finds this month, then, might be returning from High Performance or Upgrade Heroes. It's high time for the GT Black Series to come back, for sure, but beyond that, it's a mystery.

There's also the possibility that, if this is going to be a 40 point car Series, they could pair these off with a race car--like, street car for 20 points, race car for 40 points. It just all depends on what they're going for.

As for the DLC... That's up in the air. The Venom 1200 has a purported top speed of 311 miles per hour, which means a possible theme there is Top Speed Legends if it is indeed DLC, to branch off last month's Acceleration theme. We could see the Bugatti Mistral (top speed 261 MPH), Koenigsegg Gemera (~249 MPH), and the SSC Tuatara (295 MPH) here, for all we know.

Last edited:
I would be quite cross if the Gemera finally came to Horizon and it was DLC, we don't get a Koenigsegg often in FH. I hope eventually they just do a "car pass 2" so you don't have to drop the full 50(?) dollars on every car pack.

this could be a 2022 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, since we've never really had a modern 911 GT3 RS without a GT2 RS counterpart
Yeah but there's no such thing as a 2022 GT2 RS... Closest would be the 935 that's already in game, but that's a 991. I could see the new GT3 RS coming soon since the Cayman GT4 RS was added a few months ago. And while I'd be really happy to drive it around, I feel like we're starting to reach the limit of the physics engine and the map itself with these fancy new cars that are too fast for their own good.

I have no particular feeling on the MC20 mostly for the above reasons, but I would really like to see more "pedestrian" cars like the FL5 Civic Type-R or GR Corolla be added in the future.

Yeah but there's no such thing as a 2022 GT2 RS... Closest would be the 935 that's already in game, but that's a 991. I could see the new GT3 RS coming soon since the Cayman GT4 RS was added a few months ago. And while I'd be really happy to drive it around, I feel like we're starting to reach the limit of the physics engine and the map itself with these fancy new cars that are too fast for their own good.
Yeeeeeeeeah, I forgot we also already have the 2022 GT3 too--in fact it was a Hard-to-Find reward for Community Choice two months ago--so that definitely puts a thorn in the side of that prediction. I still think it's going to be a GT3-based street car of some kind, I just wouldn't know what.
I would be quite cross if the Gemera finally came to Horizon and it was DLC, we don't get a Koenigsegg often in FH. I hope eventually they just do a "car pass 2" so you don't have to drop the full 50(?) dollars on every car pack.
They're about $5 USD a pop, under the 'four per pack' model they've been running. I definitely feel you there, I'd hate to be right, but if these 'new events' are new asphalt circuits, I don't see a world where the Venom 1200 really fits in the playlist. I'm just spitballing based on what I've just learned about it, is all.

Last edited:
The Venom 1200 has a purported top speed of 311 miles per hour, which means a possible theme there is Top Speed Legends...

Yeah, there's no way Hennessey or anyone else is getting a stock-body Mustang to those sorts of speeds at that power level when their own purpose-built hypercar can't even set a proper record over 300mph with something like 1850hp+. The Veyron was designed to set superlative top speed records, and with 1200hp and some aero updates that 'only' managed 267mph.

Yeeeeeeeeah, I forgot we also already have the 2022 GT3 RS too--in fact it was a Hard-to-Find reward for Community Choice two months ago--so that definitely puts a thorn in the side of that prediction. I still think it's going to be a GT3-based street car of some kind, I just wouldn't know what.
We do not have the 992 generation GT3 RS in the game, we only have the regular GT3.

I am betting that the new GT3 RS will be the headline car this update since it’s about time.

Back