Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,892 comments
Has anyone tried remote play with FH5 before? For some reason the game doesn’t let me use any of the buttons, only the triggers and sticks.
I’ve only tried FH5 via xCloud (via Gamepass ultimate). The controller works great there.

My fear is the kei cars (Cappuccino) becomes tied in with Donut Media. I can hear it now, "... and we present to you our new series: Coffee and Donuts!"
They do that and they'll have learned nothing from Part Two. :P My least favorite thing about Part One, aside from the very forced, 'we expect a payoff from your big crossover plans this year' nature of it all, was the crappy Playlist rewards. They all felt very 'lmao so quirky', like they were chosen specifically because they were the kind of crappy cars Donut Media would want you to tune into rally monsters--kinda like how a lot of the "Obligatory EVs" now are justified as 'here's yet another SUV to make a crazy cross country build out of!' :P

Granted it also brought in the Lynk and Co 05 touring car, which I came around on a year later after dismissing it as just another way FH5 was attempting to build relationships with the Chinese market, but the rest of it, yeah. If you're gonna bring in Donut, you gotta bring cars that match the boldness of your crossover; kei cars are not deserving of that honor, at least to me.

1716474918761.png

Ah, screw you, capitalism, for reminding me this Series is sponsored by Hyundai. :P

I'd love a Cappuccino (hazelnut sauce please) but this is an awful lot to hang on one leaked coffee bean icon ☕️

Coffee Cart using the 2012 Smart Fortwo from FM4 modification, imo

Attachments

• Smart Car.jpg
    Smart Car.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Are the monthly rivals working for anyone else? I managed to do 1 but now all of them are broken.

Initially i can't access them (server error) but it worked after awhile, even though the sprint monthly rivals ends a bit longer than usual (the car just drive itself after finish for sometime). Then the awarded points for the rivals also took sometime to be registered.

Initially i can't access them (server error) but it worked after awhile, even though the sprint monthly rivals ends a bit longer than usual (the car just drive itself after finish for sometime). Then the awarded points for the rivals also took sometime to be registered.
Still getting errors

I´m afraid that you are right. i think that a possible part 3 of the Donut Media Story is lurking on the horizon. But like you said, they are getting better: from totally obnoxious to slightly less obnoxious. So there is hope that it won´t be too bad.

I would certianly welcome some kei cars in FH5. They are fun little things.
And like @Edax 76 in terms of height, I am more on the top end of the growth chart (6ft 7, 200cm) so I too will never get to drive them IRL 😅

Oh dear God. You really could be on to something there bud. I really don't want anymore Donut Media content.

"I would certianly welcome some kei cars in FH5. They are fun little things.
And like @Edax 76 in terms of height, I am more on the top end of the growth chart (6ft 7, 200cm) so I too will never get to drive them IRL 😅
"

6ft 7, good effort mate. It's great being tall isn't it until you come to doorways and nice cars you know you'll never drive 😂😂😂
[/QUOTE]
It's a shame you won't be driving one of these then (except in Forza)...

BI3I0466.JPG

Re: Monthly Rivals

This sounds familiar actually. I think it was sometime during Horizon Anniversary back in Year One, where Monthly Rivals just wouldn't send times over to the server and fail to log it as complete. Sounds like the most recent patch or something in the Playlist has a misconfigured IP address for these servers for some reason, so the production builds can't contact the actual servers the Rivals leaderboards use. The Auction House had issues for me too; I'm still looking for my GTO Judge to complete my car collection, and the Auction House just wouldn't show me anything.

There appears to be a stabilization issue caused from the season switch which affects tunes, rivals, and paints. Forza support has launched an investigation and has pushed out a server hot fixhttps://x.com/forza_support/status/1793716395504746838?s=46&t=XH1PpH_INMJTHhI7wuJYnA

There appears to be a stabilization issue caused from the season switch which affects tunes, rivals, and paints. Forza support has launched an investigation and has pushed out a server hot fixhttps://x.com/forza_support/status/1793716395504746838?s=46&t=XH1PpH_INMJTHhI7wuJYnA
Works for me now

6ft 7, good effort mate. It's great being tall isn't it until you come to doorways and nice cars you know you'll never drive 😂😂😂
Yes I know🙄 I got the scars on my head tp prove it when a doorway was to low...

It's a shame you won't be driving one of these then (except in Forza)...

View attachment 1357876

Yes it is not always better to be bigger. Especially in the case of the GT40.
I had the good fortune of being at a couple of Le Mans 24h races for my work some years ago and they had the most gorgeous cars there for the different races. They used to do a classic car race before the 24h race. So I saw and stood next to some of these beauties and I knew I would never fit in any of them 😭😭😭 So we tall boys have to stick to Forza for driving these legends

I had the good fortune of being at a couple of Le Mans 24h races for my work some years ago and they had the most gorgeous cars there for the different races. They used to do a classic car race before the 24h race. So I saw and stood next to some of these beauties and I knew I would never fit in any of them 😭😭😭 So we tall boys have to stick to Forza for driving these legends

Same height here, and I share your pain! I sat in a Huracan a number of years ago, with my shoulders pressed against the roof and my head bent as far down as it would go, and it really illustrated that I'll never be driving a supercar in real life. I think the first suggestion of that problem was when I saw the newly launched MGF as a kid and was already too tall to drive it, and along the way I've had to scratch off cars like the Clio RS from my bucket list too.

Still, I can fit in most BMWs and I could probably fit in a Cerbera, so there's a tiny possibility of owning something legendary some day... if M cars and TVRs weren't silly money.

I couldn't do any of them. Hopefully later tonight when I get back from work.
SMH, same old song and dance about one thing fixed and another broken. Typical PGG.

Gotta love how Rivals is still listed as a 4 point prize when it was reneged in May of 2022.

Same height here, and I share your pain! I sat in a Huracan a number of years ago, with my shoulders pressed against the roof and my head bent as far down as it would go, and it really illustrated that I'll never be driving a supercar in real life. I think the first suggestion of that problem was when I saw the newly launched MGF as a kid and was already too tall to drive it, and along the way I've had to scratch off cars like the Clio RS from my bucket list too.

Still, I can fit in most BMWs and I could probably fit in a Cerbera, so there's a tiny possibility of owning something legendary some day... if M cars and TVRs weren't silly money.

There's a few of us tall lads on here isn't there.

Morgan build chassis to fit the buyer and if I remember correctly I think Weissman use to as well.

I know it's not a supercar but I can't sit in the wife's MX-5 RF passenger seat without the roof retracted. I can't even get in the driver's seat full stop.

Last edited:
I was able to complete the four Monthly Rivals races. The two on the right side of the Weekly Playlist menu I was able to finish like normal. The two on the left side of the menu said “This feature is locked” but I was able to complete them by going to the main pause menu and selecting Monthly Rivals from there.

I was able to complete the four Monthly Rivals races. The two on the right side of the Weekly Playlist menu I was able to finish like normal. The two on the left side of the menu said “This feature is locked” but I was able to complete them by going to the main pause menu and selecting Monthly Rivals from there.

I got the monthly rivals done by having to wait for the times to load. I'd select the rivals event, it would open but then take anywhere between 30 to 60 seconds for the times to load and then give me the option to start.

Well, the Weekly Challenge with the NSX-R is failing to pop, with both Honda's that I own and after two restarts... Also of note, the new intro movie is 4:3 on the Series X but 16:9 on PC.

EDIT: Well, duh, it triggers with the original NSX-R (1992, not 2005) :dunce:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back