Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

I know folks have concerns with cross-gen, but I see it this way:

FH4 was an Xbox One game with an enhancement for Series X/S, while FH5 seems to be an Xbox Series X/S game where Xbox One owners will get a lesser experience.

Last edited:
Taken from; https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ

Q: What features and modes set Forza Horizon 5 apart from previous Forza Horizon games? A: Forza Horizon 5 features our most diverse, adventurous, and social open world yet, inviting players to lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. In making the greatest Horizon experience yet, we have worked to add and evolve several new features and modes that will enhance the player experience with Forza Horizon 5. Here are some of the new features highlighted by Mike Brown – Creative Director at Playground Games during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.

• Horizon Story - Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.

• Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.

• Horizon Arcade – Invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.

• EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.

• Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.

• Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.

• Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.

• Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.

• Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.

• Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Ray tracing only in Forzavista is disappointing. Also 60fps should really be the bare minimum to start with on XSX/S.

I'm going to make a running list of all the cars spotted in the trailers. I'll update as I go but I'm going to go ahead and reserve this spot in the meantime.

NEW:
-Mercedes-AMG Project One Forza Edition
-2022 Ford Bronco
-2021 Land Rover Defender
-Porsche 911 Safari
-Jaguar XJR-15
-Porsche Macan Rally Raid
-Ford Bronco R
-Custom Ford Bronco Buggy
-Porsche Taycan

RETURNING (in order of Appearance):
-RJ Anderson RZR
-2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (unknown if traffic or player)
-McLaren 720S (Trailer @00:39, parked)
-Saleen S7 (Parked @00:39)
-Koenigsegg Jesko (Parked @00:40)
-Apollo IE (Parked @00:40)
-Hyundai Veloster N (Hard to see, but next to the IE)
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (with a new body kit I think)
-Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (with offroad upgrades)
-Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
-Funco Motorsports F9
-Alumi Craft Class 10
-2020 C8 Corvette Stingray (with modifications)
-Rimac C_Two
-McLaren Senna (Gameplay Trailer @1:41)
-Penhall The Cholla Class 10
-Lamborghini Aventador (Passing Orange Car @2:39)
-Local Motors Rally Fighter (Gameplay Trailer @2:40)
-Pagani Huayra BC (GT @2:40)
-Ford Supervan 3 (GT @2:40)
-2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S [992] (GT @2:41, behind the Huayra)
-2014 Lamborghini Huracan
-McLaren 720S Spider (seen folding its roof at 2:55, can roofs be toggleable in free play???)
-Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe (leading the pack at 3:13)
-Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE (Following the GT 4-Door)
-Ariel Nomad
-(I need some help picking out the 3 cars on the mountain road at 3:55, one looks like an older 911 so it may be the Singer 911 DLS)
-1932 Ford Coupe
-Mercedes-Benz Unimog (@4:19)
-Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6
-Ford Ranger Raptor (Comes across the road at 5:29)
-Subaru Impreza WRX 22B
-Porsche 959 #185 Prodrive Rally Raid (Jumping through the air at 6:38)

Last edited:
New Info from the FH5 Steam Page
This week we announced the highly anticipated next chapter in the Forza Horizon series – Forza Horizon 5, coming this November 9th. Players will get the chance to traverse some of the most diverse landscapes ever seen in a Forza Horizon title including a living desert, a dense jungle, and an active volcano in an authentic and vibrant depiction of Mexico.

Get ready for the return of seasons, first introduced in Forza Horizon 4. Only this time, you’ll feel its impact in unprecedented ways. Each of the eleven biomes found on the new map will be uniquely affected by the change in seasons. So that means if you’re deep in the jungle during spring, expect heavy rainfall, but during the dry season you’ll be able to access and explore areas you can’t reach any other time. No two seasons will ever be the same.

You can also expect powerful, all-new graphical features like HDR captures of the vibrant Mexican sky, sweeping vistas, and an unparalleled attention to detail. Available in 4K 30 FPS on the Xbox Series X (1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S) with an optional 60 FPS performance mode, and ray tracing added to cars in Forzavista, you will be immersed in the open world of Horizon like never before.

We want to give a shout out to one of the cars you saw in the demo - the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE. Reaching a maximum speed of over 350 km/h, the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE transfers the latest and most efficient Formula 1 hybrid technology almost one-to-one from the track to the street for the first time ever. Stay tuned for more information and content from us about the Mercedes-AMG Project ONE and prepare to experience it in Forza Horizon 5 this November. For more information, please visit the AMG web page.

But what will you get up to at the Festival in Mexico? Forza Horizon 5 has the most social and connected experience we’ve ever created, alongside a deep and rewarding campaign to expand the Horizon festival.

Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you’ll meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You’ll take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars.

In multiplayer, experience the most social and connected experience we’ve ever created. The Horizon Open takes the best parts of the traditional Forza Horizon online competitive experience and smashes them all together. Seamlessly jump into Races, Drift challenges, Eliminator sessions, and more. Horizon Tour is your chance to meet up like you would at a car meet and race co-op against Drivatars on circuits all over the map, forming up as a convoy as you hop from one race to the next. From there, you can head to the Horizon Arcade, where you quickly and seamlessly take on some truly wild challenges and minigames with other players.

Next, our creator community can hit up the EventLab. Imagine the Blueprint Builder you’re familiar with in modes like Super7 and Blueprint races, but blown way out with a powerful new toolset that includes custom races, challenges, stunts, entirely new game modes and so much more that you control, down to the rules of the game itself.

After that, it’s time for Gift Drops, like a personalized Barn Find Blueprint. Tune a car, paint it, then leave it hidden for others to find somewhere on the map. It’s a whole new way to share your prized cars with friends or others online.

The social aspect of Forza Horizon 5 is huge, with systems like Kudos that allow you to reward other players for positive acts and encourage clean, friendly driving, as well as the Forza LINC system, which enhances your ability to join up with other players by recognizing the things you like to do and finding other players to do similar things with.

All these features and so much more are layered into our deepest Horizon experience yet, featuring all new customization options like 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades like body kits, wheels and paint options, and thousands of performance upgrades. We’ve also completely overhauled the user interface for systems like tuning and painting to improve usability and efficiency. Even the character customization is getting enhanced, with a more diverse cast of selectable characters, customizable hairstyles, the ability to select prosthetic limbs, pronouns, voices, and clothing.

Additionally, we’re aiming to make Forza Horizon 5 the most accessible Horizon ever, and can’t wait to share more about our commitment to gaming for everyone.

The Festival starts November 9th. However, if you purchase the Premium Edition, you’ll get a jump on the Festival traffic with Early Access starting November 5th. Experience Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming. Players can choose from Standard, Deluxe, and Premium versions of the game. Xbox Game Pass players will have access to the Standard version, and if they purchase the Premium Add-Ons Bundle they can enjoy all the great DLC in the Premium version of the game, including Early Access.

We’ll have much more to share about everything we’ve announced so far in the coming months, so stay tuned here, follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more, and check out the Support Site for FAQ and more details now.

4K at 30fps is...no bueno. The sooner FX Super Resolution is made available to consoles, the better. I'm not playing this at 30fps.

I like the diversity of Mexico's landscapes being in it. It's something I've ended up missing from FH3 showcasing different biomes of Australia as much I've ended up enjoying FH4's consistent landscape. I won't say I'm super-hyped for it, but I will play it given it's on the Game Pass like I have FH4. With a release this year, hopefully means FM8 is most definitely set for 2022. Shame it's a long ways off, though.

https://www.ign.com/articles/in-depth-with-forza-horizon-5-the-largest-most-diverse-horizon-ever

Map is 1.5 times the size of FH4

The first glimpses of Forza Horizon 5 reveal a stunning range of biomes that the excellent but admittedly less-varied Forza Horizon 4 lacked. There’s an intimidating active volcano – described as the highest point ever in a Horizon game and boasting “geology detail implemented with precision accuracy using photogrammetry data captured on location.” There’s the beautiful and colourful city of Guanajuato, an undulating city of narrow and twisting alleys and streets, quaint plazas, and a fascinating network of underground tunnels. Guanajuato was one of the sites that Ken Block and the Hoonigan team shot a segment of Gymkhana Ten, the 2018 edition of Block’s viral stunt-driving series. Watch that and it’s easy to see what makes it a perfect Forza Horizon playground. There’s wide open desert and a dense rainforest filled with ancient ruins, and bright sunny beaches and rugged mountain ranges. Brown confirms the map is one-and-a-half times the size of Forza Horizon 4’s Britain.

Jesko was sadly still way off. They’re reusing the generic Koenigsegg sample even though the Jesko sounds nothing like any other model they’ve made
Really? I thought it sounded different. Hoping it gets improved before release or later.

Anyway, I'm still so freakin' excited!!

Last edited:
I know folks have concerns with cross-gen, but I see it this way:

FH4 was an Xbox One game with an enhancement for Series X/S, while FH5 seems to be an Xbox Series X/S game where Xbox One owners will get a lesser experience.
Just like FH2. Optimized for the XBox One, but a stripped down version was made for the 360.

4K at 30fps is...no bueno. The sooner FX Super Resolution is made available to consoles, the better. I'm not playing this at 30fps.

I would really love to hear the reasoning from Playground for this. Considering how well optimized the Forzatech engine is...there is absolutely no excuse to have, at minimum, 4K 60 on Series X. And at minimum 60 FPS for all graphics settings on Series S.

Apparently they improved everything except the most important: the handling/physics of the cars - seems, feels exactly the same as FH4 (weird slidings/behaviour). The Lamborghini Huracan also seems the same old 3D model from Horizon 4. The new models are more detailed though and look quite nice.

I would really love to hear the reasoning from Playground for this. Considering how well optimized the Forzatech engine is...there is absolutely no excuse to have, at minimum, 4K 60 on Series X. And at minimum 60 FPS for all graphics settings on Series S.

As unfortunate it may be, I think the world detail and number of cars (96!) populating the world at once plays a role in the overall fidelity. It's probably the reason ray tracing is limited to Forzavista because there aren't enough resources available to the game without dramatically impacting performance or a resolution drop.

Is it really? Eww. Hope we can change that in game. I'm used to 4k at 60fps.

There'll be a performance mode but it doesn't state the resolution, just that it will be 60. If I had to guess, it'll be 1440. There's a near non-discernable difference between 1440 (2K) and 4K unless you're two feet away from the screen.

Apparently they improved everything except the most important: the handling/physics of the cars - seems, feels exactly the same as FH4 (weird slidings/behaviour). The Lamborghini Huracan also seems the same old 3D model from Horizon 4. The new models are more detailed though and look quite nice.
I think it's older than that? Model looks the same as it did in FH2, maybe just looking slightly better b/c of the better consoles?

I'm going to make a running list of all the cars spotted in the trailers. I'll update as I go but I'm going to go ahead and reserve this spot in the meantime.

NEW:
-Mercedes-AMG Project One Forza Edition
-2022 Ford Bronco
-2021 Land Rover Defender
-Porsche 911 Safari
-Jaguar XJR-15
-Porsche Macan Rally Raid
-Ford Bronco R
-Custom Ford Bronco Buggy
-Porsche Taycan

RETURNING (in order of Appearance):
-RJ Anderson RZR
-2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (unknown if traffic or player)
-McLaren 720S (Trailer @00:39, parked)
-Saleen S7 (Parked @00:39)
-Koenigsegg Jesko (Parked @00:40)
-Apollo IE (Parked @00:40)
-Hyundai Veloster N (Hard to see, but next to the IE)
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (with a new body kit I think)
-Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (with offroad upgrades)
-Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
-Funco Motorsports F9
-Alumi Craft Class 10
-2020 C8 Corvette Stingray (with modifications)
-Rimac C_Two
-McLaren Senna (Gameplay Trailer @1:41)
-Penhall The Cholla Class 10
-Lamborghini Aventador (Passing Orange Car @2:39)
-Local Motors Rally Fighter (Gameplay Trailer @2:40)
-Pagani Huayra BC (GT @2:40)
-Ford Supervan 3 (GT @2:40)
-2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S [992] (GT @2:41, behind the Huayra)
-2014 Lamborghini Huracan
-McLaren 720S Spider (seen folding its roof at 2:55, can roofs be toggleable in free play???)
-Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe (leading the pack at 3:13)
-Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE (Following the GT 4-Door)
-Ariel Nomad
-(I need some help picking out the 3 cars on the mountain road at 3:55, one looks like an older 911 so it may be the Singer 911 DLS)
-1932 Ford Coupe
-Mercedes-Benz Unimog (@4:19)
-Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6
-Ford Ranger Raptor (Comes across the road at 5:29)
-Subaru Impreza WRX 22B
-Porsche 959 #185 Prodrive Rally Raid (Jumping through the air at 6:38)

Okay, After looking through a couple of times, here's what I came up with. Quite a few good cars in there I'd say.

I did want to draw attention to that 720S Spider, which was shown retracting its roof in the middle of freeplay. Could this be a new feature they stealthily added to the trailer?

Last edited:
There'll be a performance mode but it doesn't state the resolution, just that it will be 60. If I had to guess, it'll be 1440. There's a near non-discernable difference between 1440 (2K) and 4K unless you're two feet away from the screen.
Ohh okay. I'm definitely going for performance mode. But I also hope we get more details on this part as we go through the summer. :)👍

I think it's older than that? Model looks the same as it did in FH2, maybe just looking slightly better b/c of the better consoles?
It's quite possible. I wasn't sure about it so left the reference to older versions out but yes, it's certainly older. I'm guessing they are using quite a few models from Forza Horizon 4. They were not on the same level as the environment detail/texture/lighting (front and tail lights rendering in particular were usually quite weak in Forza games) and certainly will look even more out of place in Forza Horizon 5 (the old models).
But I'm still mostly disappointed with the handling/physics (or tarmac). Something like the PCCars3 handling would suit this game perfectly i think for those that do like driving. Forza Motorsport 7 is even worst in this regard.

Last edited:
Cross gen or not, this is the best looking racing game ever. Its even one of the best looking game ever! just look at this beauty
mnspMeJ.jpg

4GtH6Sa.jpg

HnM4J5T.jpg

vlRCl2g.jpg

8s7Q9gj.jpg

mBL8UDM.jpg

Cross gen or not, this is the best looking racing game ever. Its even one of the best looking game ever! just look at this beauty
mnspMeJ.jpg

4GtH6Sa.jpg

HnM4J5T.jpg

vlRCl2g.jpg

8s7Q9gj.jpg

mBL8UDM.jpg

It really looks like they worked hard on terrain, vegetation and particulars. Seeing as 90% of the game area will likely be comprised of deserts, canyons and forests, I think that's wise.

The Event Labs thing-y (is it a tool? a game mode?) looks like it may be fun for the people who are into wacky races, and the minigames that I think may be replacing Forzathon Live may even get my interest.

Honestly, the only three questions I'd like answered are: will custom liveries finally display in 4K? Is the DS23 going to make the jump from FH4 right from the get-go? And out of curiosity, how will the game run on the original Xbox One?

P.S. I wonder how the heritage of the Carrera Panamericana will play into the car list. Wanna bet there will be a Lancia D24 or a Ferrari Inter in some old and dusty barn?

Last edited:
P.S. I wonder how the heritage of the Carrera Panamericana will play into the car list. Wanna bet there will be a Lancia D24 or a Ferrari Inter in some old and dusty barn?
You know, until reading this, I totally forgot about Barn Finds! I usually get those done in the first week, so it's been a while.

Heck, my wife saw the announcement and said, "Mexico? I bet you're looking forward to the radio stations!", and she's right.

mnspMeJ.jpg

4GtH6Sa.jpg

HnM4J5T.jpg

vlRCl2g.jpg

8s7Q9gj.jpg

mBL8UDM.jpg
It's a Far Cry from the previous game...

4k 30fps is just about all my 1070 card can manage but it'd be a shame if those with more powerful hardware can't take advantage and get at least 1440p at 60fps.

Anyway they got my money. See you all on November 5th.

The car handling in the first clip of the Defender looks really odd, almost animated. 1.5x bigger than FH4 is nice, but it's also representing an area that is probably 100x bigger than FH4...I mean from the Yucatan to the Sonoran desert? That's like 1500 miles between them! 1.5x bigger implies 45 square miles, or something like 6.5 miles in either direction. :lol: They're are really pushing the boundaries of plausibility

Ah, oh well. Also pretty disappointing to see ray tracing will only feature in forzavista...surprised they couldn't at least get real time reflections on series X.

If the audio is improved, I'll still probably pick it up, but this franchise seems stalled.

Last edited:
Back