Forza Horizon 6 - General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJTierney
  • 10,114 comments
  • 1,034,842 views
Anyone else noticed severe slowdowns when moving the camera during in-race photomode?
This has been happening to me a lot, too.

Okay, is anyone else's Weekly Challenge bugged? I can't seem to get past Chapter 3, and I've completed like four Street Races by now.

View attachment 1568442
Yeah, that happened to me as well. It’s definitely bugged.

Not me. Did you try entering it in the seasonal championship?
Fortunately, this is a good workaround.

Do you have Speed Traps, Speed Zones or Drift Zones you’re still trying to ✮ ✮ ✮? Or you just want to test the top speed of your car? But all that gosh darned NPC traffic keeps getting in the way? Well here’s one ā€œweird little trickā€ I learned from today’s Failrace video:

1. Go to your Estate, but stay in free roam.
2. Pause>Online>Rivals>Horizon Rivals
3. Select a racing discipline, track, and car. It doesn’t matter which ones you choose.
4. Start the race, then quit out.

You will then be returned to free roam, but other than other players who are all ghosted to you anyway, all traffic will be gone. Everywhere. The thinking is that, since you entered Rivals while in your Estate where the game does not spawn traffic, it acts like you’re still in your Estate when it returns you to free roam. I tested it. It works.


Before you start your street races, you might want to try this first. This not only eliminates NPC traffic in free roam, but in street races, too.
 
This has been happening to me a lot, too.


Yeah, that happened to me as well. It’s definitely bugged.


Fortunately, this is a good workaround.


Before you start your street races, you might want to try this first. This not only eliminates NPC traffic in free roam, but in street races, too.
Create custom street race. šŸ‘
Both definitely work! I think the game treats you selecting the normal 'Street Race' option as abiding by a restriction like the Festival Events do, even though Street Races have no car restrictions. The workaround @Populuxe came up with is how I did it (so that tells me they won't compensate for this bug), but DEFINITELY something they've gotta look at.
 
I haven’t tried it but are you doing custom races on those Street races, rather than the standard events. That’s normally required when this problem comes up.
 
I haven’t tried it but are you doing custom races on those Street races, rather than the standard events. That’s normally required when this problem comes up.
I took @Mikey’s advice and did the Aston Martin series championship. I mean, I’m going to do the series championship anyway. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. And by ā€œstoneā€, I mean one A-class DB5.

Also, this is back. Actually it’s been back for about five days, now. Usually shutting down the game, the console, and my router and letting them think about what they’ve done will fix it. No joy so far. If this doesn’t get resolved in the next six days, I won’t be able to complete the playlist this week. And I hate not being able to complete the playlist.
41ddeb23-e58c-4cb2-b5a9-a47f394bbc25.webp


EDIT: Looks like six days of resetting everything is the charm. All appears well, again.
 
Last edited:
Anyone else noticed severe slowdowns when moving the camera during in-race photomode?
That happened to me, but not during a race. It happened at a British car dealership while in a convoy with everyone there.
 
I still have nine Link skills to get. One is this one, ā€œBullion For Youā€. For the past four weeks, I’ve camped out at the treasure chest, waiting for another player to arrive so we can hit it at the same time, but my timing is always just a little off. And you only get one chance a week to try it. I think I’m going to have to convoy to get it.
5808d281-1bb6-4df8-8cf1-96483655cf63.webp
 
I still have nine Link skills to get. One is this one, ā€œBullion For Youā€. For the past four weeks, I’ve camped out at the treasure chest, waiting for another player to arrive so we can hit it at the same time, but my timing is always just a little off. And you only get one chance a week to try it. I think I’m going to have to convoy to get it.
View attachment 1568518
You don’t need to camp the weekly treasure chest, the Chest is a prop that can be added via custom tracks/challenge's or some Estates have them added so you’ll just need a convoy.

ā€œGizmo’s Drift Sanctuaryā€ Estate is one that has multiple chests in one spot above the Estate house, but at over 4 million credits, a pricy Estate. :eek:

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone has done something specifically just for those Forza Links.
 
Haven't touched the game in 2 weeks. Tried having a game with my partner and the game crashed twice, both instances happening 27 minutes within each other.

It's getting worse from my experience, and since there's no sign of it ever improving, that will have to be the final straw for me. A pity, because I've been thoroughly enjoying Japan more than any region.
 
Horizon Meets is a hard speculation, but as the British Automotive series closes, I guess I’ll have to make some terrible guesses. I’d say that the cars added would be related to the numbers 7 or Eleven.

Here are my possible guesses:

New to Horizon (Can’t think of any New to Forza additions that will fit the theme)
  • 1974 Porsche #1 911 RSR
  • 2009 Audi Q7 V12 TDI
  • 2003 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

Returning from FH4 and below
  • 1924 Austin Seven
  • 2005 Lotus Elise 111S

Returning from FH5
  • 2011 Porsche 911 Sport Classic
  • 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster
  • 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 R
 
I find it pathetic that people are avoiding the Festival Playlist and buying reward cars from the Auction House. I know the Festival Playlist isn't perfect but it just seems crazy to me that people are unwilling to put in a little bit of effort for them. I understand that the events are boring but I'd rather that than something which is hard and tedious. In fact, I kinda like the Festival Playlist because you can drive a variety of cars - some of which you may not have considered driving before. Maybe that's just me though because I like the simple pleasure of driving.
 
I find it pathetic that people are avoiding the Festival Playlist and buying reward cars from the Auction House. I know the Festival Playlist isn't perfect but it just seems crazy to me that people are unwilling to put in a little bit of effort for them. I understand that the events are boring but I'd rather that than something which is hard and tedious. In fact, I kinda like the Festival Playlist because you can drive a variety of cars - some of which you may not have considered driving before. Maybe that's just me though because I like the simple pleasure of driving.
I wouldn't say I find the playlist inherently boring, but if you've played most playlists since FH4, that's years and years of playlists with little actual change to them. The Trial + 3 championships + 3/4 PR stunts "basic combo menu" has not changed at all since like 2019. I think it's fair that people are getting bored of them. Even in FH5 threads people were already getting bored of the format. And there were plenty of suggestions on how to improve it, to make it more interesting.

Personally I've completely given up on getting all cars, I only do the playlists when I'm interested in the car. One thing I don't understand though, is why they changed the difficulty for championships in the Playlist. When the game came out, they just used the difficulty you set, which makes sense. But now it's locked to a mid-tier difficulty. I don't get why they took that choice away.
 
I am experiencing a weird audio bug since a week that is triggered by FH6. I just lose the whole sound of my Xbox that is hooked up to my Sony TV. When I reselect the the HDMI2 port of my tv everything works again. Are there more people with this problem?
 
...do we think this is where PG scanned the Luftgekhult? It was officially sponsored by Porsche Japan, which means it's plausible PG might've gone over there to fetch some unique Porsches.
Wouldn't make sense, they wouldn't go to Japan to do that when thy could just as well do it in mainland USA, for a much more sensible price.
 
I am experiencing a weird audio bug since a week that is triggered by FH6. I just lose the whole sound of my Xbox that is hooked up to my Sony TV. When I reselect the the HDMI2 port of my tv everything works again. Are there more people with this problem?
Does your TV have an HDMI/ARC port, and if so what's plugged into it?
 
i mean most of the new scanned nissans were scanned in japan so...
Yes but that's because of the Nissan Heritage Museum being located there as well, which has cars you couldn't get anywhere else (ex. the 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R Group A from the Car Pass, alongside the 1997 Pennzoil GT-R as well). The only comparable Selection would be at Nissan USA.

Luftgekühlt as a company are located in California from what i could acertain from their website, it'd make much more sense for them to nab the car down there instead of halfway across the world at a random event. The car was also sold recently in the USA, so that's probably where the car actually sits, which is also where Turn 10 sits and where they got a few cars from (ex. 2023 Civic Type-R).

In short: I believe that it makes much more sense that they gathered the car up in California while it was still on US Shores than in Japan.
 
Surprisedly I ended up loving El Tigre, the cockpit sound it makes is beautiful.
 
I find it pathetic that people are avoiding the Festival Playlist and buying reward cars from the Auction House. I know the Festival Playlist isn't perfect but it just seems crazy to me that people are unwilling to put in a little bit of effort for them. I understand that the events are boring but I'd rather that than something which is hard and tedious. In fact, I kinda like the Festival Playlist because you can drive a variety of cars - some of which you may not have considered driving before. Maybe that's just me though because I like the simple pleasure of driving.
If you don't like the Festival Playlist, why wouldn't you just buy the cars instead? I know I would, if I had the credits for it :lol:.
I'd much rather spend the time actually having fun in freeroam, taking pictures of my cars or trying out some custom routes. The Playlist is just so incredibly repetitive, and has changed very little over the years.
 
I find it pathetic that people are avoiding the Festival Playlist and buying reward cars from the Auction House. I know the Festival Playlist isn't perfect but it just seems crazy to me that people are unwilling to put in a little bit of effort for them. I understand that the events are boring but I'd rather that than something which is hard and tedious. In fact, I kinda like the Festival Playlist because you can drive a variety of cars - some of which you may not have considered driving before. Maybe that's just me though because I like the simple pleasure of driving.
I'm glad people are still willing to purchase prize cars from the Auction House. It gives us diehard playlist players someone to offload our dupes onto and everybody wins.
 
Last edited:
I thought the weekly challenge may have been busted for me until I realized I did Road Races and not Street Races 😭 😭 😭
Same thing happens to me, some of weekly challenge & car challenge also busted for me too, even FH5 that I've previously played before. Like I did Speed Trap and not Speed Zone that challenge told us to do and doing Street Races and not Road Races that challenge told us to do and vice versa.
 
Last edited:
You don’t need to camp the weekly treasure chest, the Chest is a prop that can be added via custom tracks/challenge's or some Estates have them added so you’ll just need a convoy.

ā€œGizmo’s Drift Sanctuaryā€ Estate is one that has multiple chests in one spot above the Estate house, but at over 4 million credits, a pricy Estate. :eek:

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone has done something specifically just for those Forza Links.

I might just end up buying that Estate since I have absurd money from the AH and I’ve been meaning to organize a convoy to knock out my missing LINK skills but haven’t gotten around to finding good spots for the all the wreckage skills just yet.
 
I wouldn't say I find the playlist inherently boring, but if you've played most playlists since FH4, that's years and years of playlists with little actual change to them. The Trial + 3 championships + 3/4 PR stunts "basic combo menu" has not changed at all since like 2019. I think it's fair that people are getting bored of them. Even in FH5 threads people were already getting bored of the format. And there were plenty of suggestions on how to improve it, to make it more interesting.

Personally I've completely given up on getting all cars, I only do the playlists when I'm interested in the car. One thing I don't understand though, is why they changed the difficulty for championships in the Playlist. When the game came out, they just used the difficulty you set, which makes sense. But now it's locked to a mid-tier difficulty. I don't get why they took that choice away.
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I've been doing the playlists every week. I'm also working, so that cuts into the amount of time I have available, not to mention there are other games besides FH6 that I like to play.

I've got no issue committing to the playlist if the interest is there, but at the same time, the repetitiveness of the weekly grind eventually does make it feel less like a gaming session and more like you're doing a chore. That's when you start to get bored of it.
 
Horizon Meets prediction time;

Tried to pick some cars that are roughly popular cars to customize and bring to car meets, given the theme of the Series.

Lets see how wrong I am when its an update full of Lotus Elevens...

Festival Playlist:
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type A (Would be nice if the model got a touch up, much like the 04 Civic did. Has some nice customization that the remodeled 92' RX-7 doesn't have)
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E (could also be swapped with E55 AMG/AMG Hammer Wagon, though might be better to bring these back for a wagon month)
2018 Nissan Sentra NISMO (could be the '23 Nissan Z here instead, I know we already have the '24 NISMO but PG loves redundant additions)
1990 Porsche 911 by Singer (the '95 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 by Guntherworks would be a good shout here too)
1997 Toyota Mark II Tourer V JZX100 (New to Horizon) (Surprised this isn't in the game already, certainly fits the "Meets" theme IMO0
1986 Toyota Corolla KE74 Wagon (New to Forza) (A Corolla Levin Coupe would also be a good pick here and would be a good way to phase out the old AE86 Hatch model)

We also should find out the next Festival Playlist History Reward this month too. My guess is the Mitsubishi FTO. Would certainly be a good draw for people to keep treadmilling the playlists each month.

Horizon Playlist History Reward 1100 Pts:
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
 
Back