Forza Horizon 6 - General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJTierney
  • 10,246 comments
  • 1,044,306 views
As for City Life, the next update... Honestly, I've seen you guys thinking this might be a kei car update, but if I'm being honest, when I think of racing in a city, especially since there's not really a short circuit set in Tokyo yet (Electric Town Circuit and Highway Circuit all have long straights that favor supercars, while Highway Circuit is absolutely well-suited for hypercars) I think of sports cars.

We know we're getting three new-to-Horizon cars. Assuming the strict definition of 'New-to-Horizon' rather than specifically New-to-Forza, my kneejerk prediction then is this:

2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
1997 Toyota Mark II Tourer V
2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR

Our returning cars might include the 2020 Audi TT (hopefully with a fixed interior--that's probably why it missed FH6 now that I think about it) and the 2014 Ford Fiesta. Some neat little cars to putz around with and upgrade, while sliding around a Tokyo City corner.
I do wonder if you have any guesses on completely new cars (ie the 80pt) as well. It could be anything but my complete guess is the 2024 Renault 5 E-Tech, which hasn't been seen in any game in an official capacity, other than APEX Racer as well so far, despite their marketing campaign where Renault modded the car in different popular games. That's a car that I'm actually surprised hasn't shown up in any of the mainstream racing games. It would also give us a new Renault to use in Super Hot Hatch I guess.


"Renault 5 invades a multitude of games

The #MODDER5 campaign allows thousands of gamers to find the iconic Renault 5 in their favorite video games! The car has infiltrated a variety of games with vast communities of players around the world: Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox, Palworld, Garry’s Mod, Stray, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, and also the metaverse experience The Sandbox."
 
Last edited:
You can really tell they thought the Forza Horizon name was enough to let them phone it in and coast on the goodwill. I’m honestly glad there’s finally enough pushback that they can’t just pretend everything is fine. They need to do a hell of a lot more than this. They have the money, the resources, and absolutely no excuse.
 
VXR
They can't keep ignoring
Bearing in mind Microsoft's rounds of firing and that the first cuts are usually to staff not directly involved in game development - like PR and comms, particularly after the launch window when the bean-counters don't think they're needed any more - I think "ignoring" is an unfair stretch.
VXR
tank the series.
FH_5_EW_Tank_Mechanic_Pinata_02_16x9_WM_104cf10da8-3687725836.webp
 
I do wonder if you have any guesses on completely new cars (ie the 80pt) as well. It could be anything but my complete guess is the 2024 Renault 5 E-Tech, which hasn't been seen in any game in an official capacity, other than APEX Racer as well so far, despite their marketing campaign where Renault modded the car in different popular games. That's a car that I'm actually surprised hasn't shown up in any of the mainstream racing games. It would also give us a new Renault to use in Super Hot Hatch I guess.


"Renault 5 invades a multitude of games

The #MODDER5 campaign allows thousands of gamers to find the iconic Renault 5 in their favorite video games! The car has infiltrated a variety of games with vast communities of players around the world: Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox, Palworld, Garry’s Mod, Stray, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, and also the metaverse experience The Sandbox."
I actually do not; there's just been such a dearth of modern sports cars outside of maybe the new Honda Prelude and the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ that it's hard to imagine any New-to-Forzas out of there. I can't imagine it being the Renault 5 E-Tech simply because that would undermine the modding marketing campaign, but I can offer a guess at the Honda Prelude.

One thing that did cross my mind after today though, for a returning car--the Volkswagen Golf R32. AWD Golf, fits right into Retro Hot Hatch, and is suspiciously missing from FH6 after being in FH5.
 
I found the 1970 Citroën 2CV...
I don't suppose you fancy spoiler-tagging that to accommodate both the people who want to know and the people who don’t want to know and want to find it themselves?

Edit: While I'm at it...


fh6-guide-treasurecar-101-20261005.webp


fh6-guide-treasurecar-102-20261005.webp
 
Last edited:
If anyone wants to know about why Japanese 7-Eleven stores are different to those in other countries Asian Boss has put together a forty-minute video on the subject.

 
Last edited:
You can really tell they thought the Forza Horizon name was enough to let them phone it in and coast on the goodwill. I’m honestly glad there’s finally enough pushback that they can’t just pretend everything is fine. They need to do a hell of a lot more than this. They have the money, the resources, and absolutely no excuse.
My issue continues to not be with PG, but with Microsoft, who seem to be actively annoyed that they have to spend any money/time on their gaming division at all.

I honestly doubt we get much more content for this game outside of the expected DLC and the remainder of the Car Pass cars. Microsoft is just going to see declining player numbers/revenue and pull the plug on the whole thing. If it was 5+ years ago, then I'd maybe have some faith that the game would be fundamentally changed over the course of its life. Now, there's no way. If we even get another FH game after this I'd be surprised.
 
My issue continues to not be with PG, but with Microsoft, who seem to be actively annoyed that they have to spend any money/time on their gaming division at all.
I mean, if they spent money on the gaming division, they wouldn't have enough to fill Windows 11 with more bloatware and cause it to run slower. Think of how many people will miss out on such a good feature like Co-Pilot.
 
which is what I was getting at: if we are getting a "New" generation of car, it would be best to wait for the "top" version. But knowing our luck it be added down the road in the playlist as an "Exclusive"

The only two at the time were the 63 and 55
My main question with that is: How would you bring in any recent car if you keep waiting for the top of the line model to release? That car was likely started on in early 2024, no other model was on the market by that point, the GT 55 being the first addition to the lineup in April, followed by the GT 43 and GT 63 E a month later, they likely wanted this car ready to bring into FM sooner than later (because FH5 was done by April 2025), but then that game was put on ice with the release of Fujimi Kaido, so that never happened and now the car was put into FH6 so that the effort put in when that was the only model available wouldn't have gone to waste.

As a relevant example, let's take the previous gen AMG GT, came out in 2015, but the true Top of the Line Model (the AMG GT Black Series) wouldn't release until 2020, which by that logic would've meant that the earliest possible Forza Game for the AMG GT was FH4, and late FH4 at that.
 
I have seen more discussion lately regarding if Fable's development is pulling developers away from FH6 (hence explaining the rather light update content). I don't know the answer to that because I don't work there, but personally I think it's just a similar case to FH5's earlier series where they were a little stringent due to the expansions not being done at the time. I seem to remember the updates being a bit bulkier after the expansions were done with.

Another worry I've had lately in regards to PGG is the idea of Microsoft deciding to do layoffs on them. Microsoft is an expert at shooting themselves in the foot, so it's not out of the equation...We all know very well how the revolving door of contractors went for FM8 and Halo Infinite, I just don't want that same fate for horizon. At the end of the day I'm sure the lack of communication from them lately has been budget cuts from MS or something of that sort. They aren't lacking in passion for the game, as we saw in the pre-launch material for FH6.
 
Bearing in mind Microsoft's rounds of firing and that the first cuts are usually to staff not directly involved in game development - like PR and comms, particularly after the launch window when the bean-counters don't think they're needed any more - I think "ignoring" is an unfair stretch.

View attachment 1569610
A significant chunk of in-house social/community team got laid off last year (one of them joined EA) so I’m not surprised at some of the things that happened since then, such as the decrease in comms activity, the closure of the forums etc.
 
They aren't lacking in passion for the game, as we saw in the pre-launch material for FH6.
I know a few former Codemasters people who are at Playground now. They love working on Forza that’s for sure.
 
Back