Forza Horizon 6 - General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJTierney
  • 10,326 comments
  • 1,049,827 views
FB_IMG_1791480201414.webp
 
Soooooo…. When will we learn more about that new expansion? Game awards?

And I wonder when we’re going to learn more about how the playlists will be handled between Xbox and PS5. I’m playing on Xbox right now, but I want to switch to PS5 exclusively. I really don’t want to be stuck playing all the playlists months late. Hopefully they find a way to keep both systems in parity, even if the PS5 version is six or seven months behind at launch.
 
Last edited:
Soooooo…. When will we learn more about that new expansion? Game awards?

And I wonder when we’re going to learn more about how the playlists will be handled between Xbox and PS5. I’m playing on Xbox right now, but I want to switch to PS5 exclusively. I really don’t want to be stuck playing all the playlists months late. Hopefully they find a way to keep both systems in parity, even if the PS5 version is six or seven months behind at launch.
If they repeat playlists or even prizes so that PS5 users can catch up I think there'll be a fair amount of howling from the vocal minority of PC/Xbox players. But I don't see how else they could do it.
 
If that last scene is a hint, then it looks like they’ll do another island for the expansion, like Storm Island or Fortune Island.
 
Hot take: I prefer the rally to the road physics in Forza Horizon games. Hope the expansion is some rally Island again.
 
Dropping DLC 1 at the same time as the PS5 port is a clever way to generate buzz and some day one sales around release time.

They pretty much have to include expansion 1 because many PS5 players will be on GTA6.
 
Expansion release appears to be Jan 21 and Jan 25, according to the message sent in-game.
Falls in line with early access for Premium Edition for PS5 users.
 
Anyone know a fix for an infinite loading screen when I load the game and press a to start it just doesn't load I've restarted my Xbox but still doing it.

Update: got it fixed now just did a hard reset and now it's working again.
 
Last edited:
Don't know if this is new knowledge but looking at the premium upgrade on the PS store, it also includes expansion 2 when it becomes available.
 
Is... that it?

One Tweet - from PlayStation - and the new store listing? Nothing on PS Blog, nothing on Xbox Wire?
 
Is... that it?

One Tweet - from PlayStation - and the new store listing? Nothing on PS Blog, nothing on Xbox Wire?
FM.Net article is up

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-6-pre-order-ps5

That’s not all! Alongside the launch of Forza Horizon 6 on PS5® and this Expansion will be a free content update for all players, and we will share more details about this closer to release.
So PS5 Launch alongside Expansion 1 and a Free Content Update. This has the chance for PG to pull a large number of players and generate a positive buzz around the game.
 
A premium expansion plus a free-for-all expansion? Interesting interesting.
 
Important clarification, Expansion 1 is coming to all platforms but is not free-for-all players:
"This Expansion will be included with the Forza Horizon 6 Premium Edition, Premium Upgrade and Expansions Bundle at no additional cost, and will also be available to purchase separately."

This phrase "Alongside the launch of Forza Horizon 6 on PS5® and this Expansion will be a free content update for all players, and we will share more details about this closer to release."
= PS5 & Expansion 1 & free content update
not "this Expansion will be a free..."
 
Last edited:
Hi that's me, yes, here: https://fhstats.com/rivals/stats/cars , you can find the fastest cars and all stats we have. We update it every day! Here: https://fhstats.com/rivals are all the Rivals Top 100 leaderboards, updated and moderated (cheater-free) on a daily basis.
BTW good job with the spreadsheet tunes recopilation: https://fhstats.com/rivals/player/pjtierney .I'll check your times and cars from time to time. 👀
I have a few suggestions for the site:

  • A “trending cars” page that highlights the top changes in car representation on a week-on-week basis. For example, let’s say the Ginetta G40 has 100 more times in Top 50 than it did last week, or the Ford GT has lost 20 times from faster cars showing up. Rank the top 10 cars that move up, move down etc. Maybe use your points system to see which cars gained/lost the most points, let people filter by class etc.
  • A “new car snapshot” that focuses on cars that have been recently added to the game. For example: Datsun 240, added Oct 8 2026, 0 Top 50 times posted etc. First thing I do when I get a new car (from playlist or car pass) is check if it’s meta capable so have some sort of data in that would be nice, instead of having to manually search per car.
 
Last edited:
FM.Net article is up

https://forza.net/news/forza-horizon-6-pre-order-ps5


So PS5 Launch alongside Expansion 1 and a Free Content Update. This has the chance for PG to pull a large number of players and generate a positive buzz around the game.
“Free Content Update” could be as small as our monthly Festival Playlist updates. This week’s added a 7-Eleven Prop Pack which while called that isn’t a standalone DLC as they’re just sprinkled into the overall prop selection.

Or it could be a car pack with 2-3 new cars, who knows.
 
“Free Content Update” could be as small as our monthly Festival Playlist updates. This week’s added a 7-Eleven Prop Pack which while called that isn’t a standalone DLC as they’re just sprinkled into the overall prop selection.

Or it could be a car pack with 2-3 new cars, who knows.
Very true. I'm just hoping for improvements to the base game alongside the Expansion release, much like the Rally Adventure Expansion in FH5 - where Anti-Lag Turbos were added for everyone, alongside more Rally parts added to a bunch of cars.

Something similar for the expansions in 6 would be nice! We'll see though.
 
Don't know if this is new knowledge but looking at the premium upgrade on the PS store, it also includes expansion 2 when it becomes available.
That's standard for the premium edition and upgrade on all systems. It's been that way for several of the past games now.
 
Back