Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments

Patrick

MVP
Premium
United States
California
Just made one so all the the Horizon talk is in one thread and now there won't , hopefully, be a bunch of duplicate threads.

Pre orders are now available and the Collector's Edition content is.

Custom Designed Steelbook containing game disc and Horizon Festival Ticket to access Xbox LIVE content which includes:
Day One Add-on Pack (5-car pack*)
VIP Membership (5-car pack* and VIP privileges)
Horizon Accelerator Token Pack - Giving player instant access to new cars, map unlocks, fast travel, and popularity spikes.
Exclusive LCE Car Liveries (5-car pack*)
*specific cars to be announced at a later date

I knew that was there. I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to make one in the Forza Horizon sub forum.

I knew that was there. I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to make one in the Forza Horizon sub forum.

If the mods want to close this this thread then that's fine.

I was just joking by the way mate. Just havin a bit of laugh. :)

Look at all these! :drool:

screenshot-forza-horizon-03.jpg

542866_377546098974614_150580735004486_1007881_1853516150_n.jpg

527036_377546242307933_150580735004486_1007885_234319792_n.jpg

If that trailer is all they are going to show I am going to be pissed. Regardless, it will be epic. Definitely do not see them holding 60 fps on this title. The draw distance will most likely be extremely restricted as well. I had read from a site a month or two back that Horizon might be on PC as well. I would **** myself if that were correct.

"Action racer" not arcade. FM was considered an "action racer" as well.

We still know nothing official regarding physics. Hopefully the Horizon booth will have demos, interviews, etc.

Hopefully we will have that trailer uploaded in HD so I can watch it over and over again. Just like I did the FM4 trailers pre-launch lol.

Not knocking it if it is TBH. It may be the first arcade racer I purchase in a long time. Especially if the livery editor is in. Even more do if I can transfer decals.

Im not to bothered. F4 more than satisfys my needs.

Difficult to tell from the trailer TBH. I remember GT5 trailer and that never lived up to it.
Posistives to take is that Dirt and night are both in.
I imagine it's playable at the booth there and that should answer some questions.
Needs to be good with a wheel though for me.

I wonder how they are going to swing liveries online if they have to be downloaded to be seen. I guess anytime you get within a certain vicinity of another car (before you see the car) that livery will start downloading.

We don't even know if it is going to be an MMO style open world free roam like TDU.

FM.net just says you can race other players in events.

"trading paint with traffic or destroying roadside objects like fences and signs intensifies the action and multiplies your style score." -from FM site

Yeah, with this carnage and no cockpit (maybe), this is looking more like nfs, than TDU :(

With 65 types of road surface, any chance there counting duplicates.
Example. Tarmac, wet Tarmac.

See where I'm going here.

If not could anyone name 50 of them.

With 65 types of road surface, any chance there counting duplicates.
Example. Tarmac, wet Tarmac.

See where I'm going here.

Of course it's going to be something like that. I mean what 65 types of road surface are there in the world? I mean what a toy truck overturned so now they got marbles on the road, an ice-cream truck blew up so now you have ice-cream physics? There's only but so many surfaces in the world.

So rain is a strong assumption then.

I'm pretty sure rain will be in or at least after rain. Some corny voiceover "Wow it's just came down cats and dogs over the next 5 miles of road , be careful out there Ace" and then you get wet conditions.

That looks like so much fun. As a story line, getting to the festival first sure beats getting to a mafia boss to pay him off with stolen diamonds yada yada.

The Autoblog article reassures me the game will have Forza's feel, too.

Good link. Notable quotes IMO:

The roads in the game aren't necessarily exact replicas of the real ones in the Rocky Mountains..."It's based on Colorado and it's referenced exhaustively, but from there we polish it to make sure that it's a fun driving experience wherever you go."
Sounds like TDU, based on the real thing but not exact.

Developers found that the game's roads were so expansive that it was easy to get lost or for players to not know where to go next. The GPS system can direct players where to go or guide them to their next race or mission.
This is good news. :)

Fulton gave us a few clues as to the criteria for what vehicles will be included in the game. "We looked at whether the car makes sense within the context of the Horizon Festival," he told us. "Is this a car that someone would love enough and be proud enough to take to the Horizon Festival and to show off and race in? Is it a car that takes advantage of the diverse driving experiences that Colorado offers? If the answers to those questions are yes then we've gone ahead and added it to the game."...

...race cars won't be included while some "character" cars that aren't necessarily the fastest or most powerful did get the nod.
So much for a full FM4 list. Let's hope they strike the right balance between new vs old, and fast vs significant.

Personally I don't care if there are no interior views, or fewer polygons on the cars, or if the game ends up resembling any other racing game (how does that matter??). With FM4 physics (tentatively confirmed), enough great driving roads to get lost, offroad/rally, night racing, and more to do than just lapping racetracks, this is SO my kind of game. 👍

Look to apex (hopefully) and "Kinect will also play a new role in the game in the form of a voice-activated GPS system." Awesome.

And I am not dissapointed by the exclusion of cars from FM4. Personally, I couldn't give a crap about 50% of them.

Damn, I'd love to see cars I could drive in real life too. I know lots of people like driving Ferraris and Lambos and stuff most of us could never afford, but I prefer the ones most of us could. Makes it lot more "realistic", which of course may not be what we're after here with this game... We'll see, we'll se....!

Back