Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Top Gear did that as well. Does that change the physics in real life?
Yeah, when i go for a drive I can floor it 120 mph around any turn for some odd reason..

Why is everyone getting asshurt over the lack of tuning?

It's an arcade racer, when the hell did they ever have tuning?
NFS Underground 2( i think it was that one.) had tuning options, and thats as arcade as it gets. As for the option being taken out, its a valid reason to be upset about. We are going to have a car that understeers like a pig but will have no way to fix it? Kinda disappointing to be honest.. hopefully its not as bad as I'm picturing it.

Top Gear did that as well. Does that change the physics in real life?

It's still not something you'd expect to do in a simulator.

By the way, I meant "arcade" less in physics and more in stylw--the whole festival atmosphere, the emphasis on street racing, etc.

NFS Underground 2( i think it was that one.) had tuning options, and thats as arcade as it gets.

By the way, I meant "arcade" less in physics and more in stylw--the whole festival atmosphere, the emphasis on street racing, etc.
Again, NFS had tuning options in one of their earlier games.

That.... really doesn't make a worth of sense.

Come on T12, IT'S THE INTERNET!

Yeah I know what you mean, all the things I've seen in real life (street racing, party atmosphere, probably alot ALOT more booze than you'll see in this game, women GALORE) how dare they put it in a game and not want it to be looked at as arcade even though it's happened, happening and will continue to happen in real life.

I'd be curious why the car list wouldn't just be a full port of FM4's, including DLC, and removing all race cars. Surely that's do-able and avoids any protestations of missing cars.

I'm also wondering how DLC will be handled, especially of there's a lot of crossover between H and 4.

Yeah I know what you mean, all the things I've seen in real life (street racing, party atmosphere, probably alot ALOT more booze than you'll see in this game, women GALORE) how dare they put it in a game and not want it to be looked at as arcade even though it's happened, happening and will continue to happen in real life.

"You shut your mouth with your truth"
T-12

(He once said something like this to me lol)

I understand why some people can compare it to arcade racers... no damage, driving through fences etc.

But with a physics engine as (hopefully) impressive as Forza 4's I would have to classify it as much more.

If the physics engine is there, with all the usual optional assists, and damage simply turned off how is it any different from Forza 4 besides a lack of tire barriers and jersey barriers?

What i kinda dont like is the fact that you get points for crashing.. Crashing is probably the thing I'd avoid most to be honest.

What i kinda dont like is the fact that you get points for crashing.. Crashing is probably the thing I'd avoid most to be honest.

Yeah I'm not exactly jumping over the moon for that either but you gotta throw the kids a bone somewhere. I feel it's just gonna be like Forza 4 , you wanna sim it, then sim it. You wanna go nuts, then go nuts. Only thing that will kinda suck for most of us is the fact that we'll probably have to do some of that stuff through the career mode.

I just want to know what the multiplayer is going to be like. Can a group of us decide on a section of road somewhere and do our racing against each other.

A race-creator would be nice though , like being able to mark off a route and that be the "track"

Yeah I'm not exactly jumping over the moon for that either but you gotta throw the kids a bone somewhere. I feel it's just gonna be like Forza 4 , you wanna sim it, then sim it. You wanna go nuts, then go nuts. Only thing that will kinda suck for most of us is the fact that we'll probably have to do some of that stuff through the career mode.

I just want to know what the multiplayer is going to be like. Can a group of us decide on a section of road somewhere and do our racing against each other.

A race-creator would be nice though , like being able to mark off a route and that be the "track"

Free roam with friends would be great. I would hope it would be in the final game as well, would love to cruise around with a room of at least 16+. Point to point sprint races is also something I'd want, and i dont think it would be to hard to put into the game if they haven't already.

Looking at one of the photos of the cliffs, I'm also hoping that it has some sort of twisty canyon type road for the drifters. Especially with the day/night cycles. I would be stuck on that for quite a while.

Free roam with friends would be great. I would hope it would be in the final game as well, would love to cruise around with a room of at least 16+. Point to point sprint races is also something I'd want, and i dont think it would be to hard to put into the game if they haven't already.

Looking at one of the photos of the cliffs, I'm also hoping that it has some sort of twisty canyon type road for the drifters. Especially with the day/night cycles. I would be stuck on that for quite a while.
I'm curious how big the actual map will be. If it's really large it might be sweet if you could race from one end to the other and drive at least (a couple of) hundred miles or so.

Man, guys, I didn't mean to rag on the game. I'm immensly hype for it, no matter what it looks like.

Thing is the stuff you were saying that made it arcade actually goes down. Only thing missing is the cops showing up and everyone hauling ass. I don't know if they still do it because it's been YEARS (more than I want to count :( ) since I been there but at Hunts Point in the Bronx you could catch alot of street racing. Mostly drag stuff but it was a party man. Boston had spots, even my years in Germany they had a little something going on. I'm pretty sure New Jersey got some spots too but being that I was older when I got here I'm not really trying to be some old dude running from the cops at night in an Impala talking about I'm "just hanging out man" so I'm not on that scene. I know some young cats who probably know but come on man gotta grow up at some point. But I can get my fix in a game and can't get locked up for it.

See now if they had cops in the game people REALLY be calling it arcade even though it would really be getting close to real life.

I know, but no one's ever really tried to make a street racing sim besides a few and nearly all street racing titles are arcade games.

Also, most sim racers I've seen look down on street racing.

I'm curious how big the actual map will be. If it's really large it might be sweet if you could race from one end to the other and drive at least (a couple of) hundred miles or so.

Something I've been pondering as well, here's to hoping for a big map.

One thing i hope is fixed from FM4 to horizon is the brakelights though. Those things are so horrible to look at haha. Its not really important, but it would be a nice update.

Also, is there any confirmation on a photomode?

I'd be curious why the car list wouldn't just be a full port of FM4's, including DLC, and removing all race cars. Surely that's do-able and avoids any protestations of missing cars.

I'm also wondering how DLC will be handled, especially of there's a lot of crossover between H and 4.

I was thinking the same thing...The two games (H/4) are not that far apart form each other. In FM4 we had A BUNCH of cars but no DLC tracks. It would make sense to use the same cars and have a BUNCH of tracks (ie open world)...seem it would balance out. I guees we will see this summer:D

They said that they only wanted to pick cars casuals would like. Us car fans got shafted but what can ya do about it...

They said that they only wanted to pick cars casuals would like. Us car fans got shafted but what can ya do about it...

No they said they picked (are picking) cars that made sense to be at the "Horizon festival" ie street racing.

On another note...

Anyone watching the Ubisoft conference?

How..... fail and annoying.

Is no one else concerned about the cockpit view?

Not concerned. I have Forza 4.

Something's got to give here guys. You don't do and make a massive online world without concessions. Maybe 60fps is gone.

Ps. Only on SPIKE.

Is no one else concerned about the cockpit view?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-04-forza-horizon-preview-the-open-road-dream

"...the optional green line that shows ideal cornering approaches and speeds; the rewind button for unspooling crashes; a full range of customisable driver assists; a detailed in-car camera; and support for Microsoft's wireless Speed Wheel and Fanatec's superb CSR force-feedback steering wheel. You won't, however, be able to tune your cars - though you can modify their appearance - and damage is only cosmetic, too."

Is it me, or the video with Viper and Dan driving it, looks like more arcade stuff, and not F4 physics like? If this sentence makes any sence...

Is it me, or the video with Viper and Dan driving it, looks like more arcade stuff, and not F4 physics like? If this sentence makes any sence...

I sort of agree, driving into fences to get points is by far the most stupid non-forza-like feature they could have ever thought of. I seriously hope that nonsense doesn't make into the final product. 👎

Which brings us to how Forza Horizon drives. The demo isn't a perfect test-bed, since the Viper is a recent addition to the game and the Playground developers aren't satisfied with how it's been tuned yet. Horizon is meant to be accessible and on default settings the handling is best described as Forza lite, or a close cousin of Project Gotham. It has livelier, quicker steering, and Forza's already-present inclination towards drifty, manageable oversteer is indulged (there's a points system that rewards crowd-pleasing, show-off driving with 'fame', the game's main currency). But it still has some bite.

Only on SPIKE.

Back