Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Anything RWD and oversteery will make it in I'm sure, so most of the BMW range should make the cut.

With 65 types of road surface, any chance there counting duplicates.
Example. Tarmac, wet Tarmac.

See where I'm going here.

If not could anyone name 50 of them.

How about lets try to name all 65.... (just since i'm bored right now. :lol: )

1. tarmac
2. wet tarmac
3. pools of water such as puddles
4. packed dirt
5. loose dirt
6. type 1 mud (thick and not too wet)
7. type 2 mud (really loose and with allot of moisture)
8. ice
9. cement
10. painted tarmac
11. gravel
12. packed snow
13. heavy fresh snow that hasn't been driven on yet
14. light fluffy snow that hasn't been driven on yet
15. frost covered tarmac
16. frost covered cement
17. sand

....okay forget it. This is getting difficult. :lol:

Yeah and only had 48 more to go. :crazy:

65 probably includes all types of different "levels" of certain surface types, like tarmac covered 5% in sand, 20% in sand, 50% sand or snow or whatever. Should be interesting though, if they get it to feel right, which seems to be quite difficult!

I'm pretty sure rain will be in or at least after rain. Some corny voiceover "Wow it's just came down cats and dogs over the next 5 miles of road , be careful out there Ace" and then you get wet conditions.

LOL, yea I hope the commentary is at a minimum, for some reason its always terrible.

According to Team VVV (Allen sp?) Horizon is not being shown on the show floor. So, could be awhile until we see actual "gameplay" from the players perspective.

LOL, yea I hope the commentary is at a minimum, for some reason its always terrible.

It's impossible to have worse commentary than DiRT 3.

In the eurogamer article, it confirms it's 30fps graphics, but the controller is still 60fps for Low control latency and the physics still run at the same speed as in FM4, which I believe is 360fps?

VXR
In the eurogamer article, it confirms it's 30fps graphics, but the controller is still 60fps for Low control latency and the physics still run at the same speed as in FM4, which I believe is 360fps?
Seems quite reasonable. If executed well, it should be working decently. The 30 FPS in Shift 2 did look quite good - it would've been quite nice if it wasn't for the input lag and similar issues.

That article just said the cars have been tuned to be a little more suited to real roads, rather than a track, so it might not be quite the full FM4 feel. There's a set of customisable aids though, so maybe with them all off the cars will remain decent in driving feel.

"Fulton insists that the simulation hasn't been cut back at all, and the only changes have been tuning the cars' set-up and tyres to make them more driveable in an open-road setting."

Use the full comment rather than half the sentence. Journalists do that all the time for ratings.

Hopefully, that will end the people screaming "arcade."

"We'll need much more time with Horizon to tell how much of a simulation racer it really is. But the Forza family resemblance is plain to see in plenty of other ways, such as the use of the same car classes and performance index (no E- or F-class slowpokes, mind); the optional green line that shows ideal cornering approaches and speeds; the rewind button for unspooling crashes; a full range of customisable driver assists; a detailed in-car camera; and support for Microsoft's wireless Speed Wheel and Fanatec's superb CSR force-feedback steering wheel. You won't, however, be able to tune your cars - though you can modify their appearance - and damage is only cosmetic, too."

Cockpit confirmed.

But, you know..that last sentence.... goes against what T10 has on FM.net. Eurogamer also says the cover car is a 2012 Viper.

I am not sure how reliable they are...

A lot of the cars in Forza feel firmer than they do in real life, possibly some tweaking by the devs to make them more track friendly stock. Fm4 saw this lessened definitely, maybe in Horizons we'll get them in true stock form?

I guess if anything, the cars might lose that over-stiff suspension setup Forza has by default and the cars pitch and roll more?

Fm.net says you can upgrade at the Horizon Festival.

Restricting tuning is a slap in the face.

If they are modifying every car's handling characteristics with no ability to change them that is scary and could really make FM4's physics feel like crap.

Petition anyone?

Bit concerned about the 'no tuning' sentence. I hope they mean that you can't prepare an exact set-up, because if you can't buy tuning parts, do engine & drivetrain swaps and stuff like that, over half of the fun I'd get out of a Forza game is just lost for me.

Preparing an exact tuning setup for these parts I can do without, since Horizon isn't about track racing whereyou have to get that very last split second to get ahead.

Lol. Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, I tuned in right when they were outro-ing the demo lol.

Blast it all to hell.

EA press conference has started.

Bit concerned about the 'no tuning' sentence. I hope they mean that you can't prepare an exact set-up, because if you can't buy tuning parts, do engine & drivetrain swaps and stuff like that, over half of the fun I'd get out of a Forza game is just lost for me.

Preparing an exact tuning setup for these parts I can do without, since Horizon isn't about track racing whereyou have to get that very last split second to get ahead.

I believe they meant tuning the suspension, brakes, tranny, etc.

FM.net stated that you can upgrade at the Horizon Festival. Official word is superior to a site that doesn't even know the model of the cover car lol.

Why is everyone getting asshurt over the lack of tuning?

It's an arcade racer, when the hell did they ever have tuning?

Lol. Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, I tuned in right when they were outro-ing the demo lol.

Blast it all to hell.

You can rewind it up to 30 mins using the time bar at the bottom.. .that's how I did it..

But it's not that brilliant, just Dan tooling around from a third person view, he does some trick to accelerate time to night, which looks cool..

Other then that, it honestly looks really arcade from that view, but I suspect that build is quite limited, he seemed reluctant to do much..

And at least there is livery and upgrades, so we get some customisation, remember despite all this 'FM Physics' talk, it's still tweaked and should be expected to be a little constrained, which will still be a gazillion times better then any other open world racer.. All I want is TDU1 with slightly better physics, and this is getting towards that..

You can rewind it up to 30 mins using the time bar at the bottom.. .that's how I did it..

But it's not that brilliant, just Dan tooling around from a third person view, he does some trick to accelerate time to night, which looks cool..

Other then that, it honestly looks really arcade from that view, but I suspect that build is quite limited, he seemed reluctant to do much..

And at least there is livery and upgrades, so we get some customisation, remember despite all this 'FM Physics' talk, it's still tweaked and should be expected to be a little constrained, which will still be a gazillion times better then any other open world racer.. All I want is TDU1 with slightly better physics, and this is getting towards that..

Ah, nice. I was attempting to view it on iPad. It didn't have that option. Just loaded it on my PC and it worked. So thank you for the heads up.

Graphics look good. Draw distance is definitely limited. Appears to be MMO style free roam outside of events like TDU. Not big on "no damage" which pretty much insures alot of rammers. 30 fps looks smooth. I assume it's locked at 30 fps (720p) which is still impressive for the 360. Definitely licensed cars as traffic; which is awesome. One thing is for sure... I will not be driving through fences in a 2013 Viper.

And... as per usual... he has on ALL assists (those which are shown on the HUD).

Pink slip racing.... sweet.

Edited for language.

When was it announced that it was an arcade racer? As I and others have pointed out multiple times Forza 4 physics are still in play. Just because it is open world and not on a closed circuit does not deem it as arcade. I guess all those illegally street racing are really just arcade racing?

Just because some of us are disappointed in no tuning options and you could obviously care otherwise doesn't make your preference superior.

Post reported.

Ah, nice. I was attempting to view it on iPad. It didn't have that option. Just loaded it on my PC and it worked. So thank you for the heads up.

When was it announced that it was an arcade racer? As I and others have pointed out multiple times Forza 4 physics are still in play. Just because it is open world and not on a closed circuit does not deem it as arcade. I guess all those illegally street racing are really just arcade racing?

Just because some of us are disappointed in no tuning options and you could obviously care otherwise doesn't make your preference superior.

Post reported.

You really reported him for that? I need more Information on this game from what I seen it seems some what arcade like, which is cool but not my cup of tea.

You guys can distinquish between arcade physics and simulation physics by watching some sort of alpha video footage?

You guys can distinquish between arcade physics and simulation physics by watching some sort of alpha video footage?

Who said anything about physics? :odd: I said the game gives me an Arcade type of feeling when I read about it on FM.net and watched the video. I will stick with FM4 that style is not my cup of tea.

Latest Posts

Back