Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
The DLC is so shifty for this game - apart from the F12, none of that pack is genuinely new. The Aston was a dead cert as its engine is one of the swaps in the DB5. The Ford GTX is cool, but that could have easily replaced the coupe version in the first place. It's just so stupid limiting it to six cars, yet five sixths of it seems to be rehashes or slight updates. It wouldn't matter so much if it was still ten cars in a pack.

The article has been updated with the video and the Halo Edition SVT Raptor.

The latter of which I don't even understand; it's unbelievably stupid, free or ont.

Microsoft Studios pushing Halo 4.

I wish they would actually make some type of ethical decision about their dlc. I really hope we are not six months into planned dlc and still receiving re-skinned FM4 rides.

If someone felt inclined to do so, couldn't the Halo Edition SVT Raptor just be made from the regular Raptor? Unless this one's free, it really seems like a waste.

It's a seventh car, so it's probably a bonus of some kind in addition to the free car from the remaining six.

I love how they have the SRT Viper, Charger SRT, Challenger SRT and Jeep SRT but not the 300 SRT...I hope that one is coming. It's like FM4 where all but the 2012 Jeep SRT were released in DLC...which is weird..but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jeep and maybe a normal 2012 Challenger in the Ultimate Edition packs.

I logged on today and my Autoshow is displaying "DLC/NEW" for a number of manufacturers with nothing to show for it. Foreshadowing of an upcoming DLC pack, perhaps?
  • Audi
    [*]Ferrari
    [*]MINI
    [*]Peugeot
    [*]Ultima
I just got the Season Pass for Xmas. I've got the LCE cars, and everything is already downloaded except for the Rally Pack and SP Miura concept. So if a sixth "ghost" car falls under any of those manufacturers (Ford, Lamborghini, Lancia, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Toyota), there's no way of knowing.

I logged on today and my Autoshow is displaying "DLC/NEW" for a number of manufacturers with nothing to show for it. Foreshadowing of an upcoming DLC pack, perhaps?
  • Audi
    [*]Ferrari
    [*]MINI
    [*]Peugeot
    [*]Ultima

I noticed this the other day too... My question is what Ferrari could they possibly be adding?! As if there aren't already enough.

Does T-12 not update the news section anymore?

I have been wondering the same thing. Odd that nothing has been posted about the rally pack, the January pack, or the Honda pack coming up.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I check in here frequently to see if there are any updates or news to FM4 or FH but there is never anything. Just the news bit from November 27th. I know there has been DLC and info released about the game since November 27th. It's like this site has died in regards to the news section.

I think T-12 is spending a lot of time over on the gtplanet.net site recently.

I logged on today and my Autoshow is displaying "DLC/NEW" for a number of manufacturers with nothing to show for it...
So...I still have a "NEW" icon for each of the Rally Pack manufacturers, and these six:
  1. Audi
  2. Ferrari
  3. Lamborghini
  4. MINI
  5. Peugeot
  6. Ultima
February pack? The only other current Ultima model is the Can-Am, which is just an open-top GTR. Sounds like something PG would do. :rolleyes: Anyone wanna guess/wish for the others?

I think that maybe a few more cars, but what about some new tracks?
Like I said in a previous thread, I loved GT5 track maker, but it needed more flexibility.

So...I still have a "NEW" icon for each of the Rally Pack manufacturers, and these six:
  1. Audi
  2. Ferrari
  3. Lamborghini
  4. MINI
  5. Peugeot
  6. Ultima
February pack? The only other current Ultima model is the Can-Am, which is just an open-top GTR. Sounds like something PG would do. :rolleyes: Anyone wanna guess/wish for the others?

The only Lamborghini I could get excited about is if they were to add a rwd model, Gallardo or Murcialago. Other than that there are already enough Ferraris to satisfy even the most die-hard fan. It seems like they fumbled the update when they added the rally upgrades, for a couple hours there were quite a few new cars that had a thumbnail and NEW but the "DLC could not be accessed at this time" Maybe its hard to reverse those NEW markers.

Don't get too excited, I still have "new" on some of the makes in Forza 4. And all that DLC is released that we know of.

Chances are it's because you never hovered over the new content to remove it. I do not have any NEW indicators on FM4.

The only Lamborghini I could get excited about is if they were to add a rwd model, Gallardo or Murcialago. Other than that there are already enough Ferraris to satisfy even the most die-hard fan. It seems like they fumbled the update when they added the rally upgrades, for a couple hours there were quite a few new cars that had a thumbnail and NEW but the "DLC could not be accessed at this time" Maybe its hard to reverse those NEW markers.

Chances are it's because you never hovered over the new content to remove it. I do not have any NEW indicators on FM4.

That's not it. I've been through all the vehicles in my all the makes just to get rid of all the new indicators. It's just simply glitched a bit.

That's not it. I've been through all the vehicles in my all the makes just to get rid of all the new indicators. It's just simply glitched a bit.

I dunno what to tell you then, I don't have any NEW notifications the Ultima NEW mark indicates that there is a car to come because the one Ultima so far was on the disc.

Here's how to get rid of the "New" insignias.

1. Go to multiplayer.

2. Go to Create Custom Game.

3. Go to Setup Game.

4. Under Game Type, select Rally and hit OK.

5. Go to Select Car and go to the Rental Garage.

6. Scroll through all the cars.

This gets rid of all the "New" insignias, with the exception of the one on Subaru.

^ Nice little tip, I'd do that if I still had Gold. If the icon on Subaru doesn't disappear, that would bring the total to seven, which implies a bonus DLC car like they've done before.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Legacy RS. :)

^ Nice little tip, I'd do that if I still had Gold. If the icon on Subaru doesn't disappear, that would bring the total to seven, which implies a bonus DLC car like they've done before.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Legacy RS. :)

I'm in the same boat. I won't have Gold again until February.

So the "NEW/DLC" icon isn't much of a clue. Ah well. That's a great pack and I'm really looking forward to it. :)

So, I've traded in Horizon for Fable 2 and TDU2. After completing all the races and things, there just wasn't much to do. I'll probably pick it back up when all the DLC is released. Hopefully they're smart enough to add more races somewhere in there. Even Atari was clever enough to ad DLC Convoy missions to TDU2 and more online challenges for the bikes.

I was looking through the Autoshow and noticed a DLC icon next to Ultima. Could there be a new car in the next pack (And I am DYING for a Prelude!)

After playing Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown...it seems to me, that, for some reason Playground, who is made up of Codemasters people amongst people from other companies, decided to go with a more Dirt Showdown approach to really everything (with some other games like Driver SF mixed in). But the problem with that is, Dirt Showdown isn't a very good game. Now, Dirt 3, on the other hand...if they had taken just the graphics from Dirt 3 and applied them to Horizon, I'd still be playing the game 'cause Dirt 3 has a great graphics model. And, really, they should borrow it for Horizon 2. Seriously, simply a better graphics model would get people playing it more.

Forza Horizon 2 incoming?

Playground Games, the studio behind last year's open world racer Forza Horizon, is developing a "visually stunning", "genre-leading" racer, according to job ads listed by the developer.

The game is referenced by multiple ads on Playground's website, which ask for candidates who are "fanatical about cars and car culture, with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the auto industry... [and] a strong working knowledge of vehicle mechanics and car setup", and with an "excellent working knowledge of, and a real passion for, the racing genre".

"Working at senior level in a team of rendering engineers, you will be responsible for implementation of cutting edge rendering techniques," reads an ad for a Rendering Engineer. "Engineers with in-depth knowledge of current-gen consoles are ideal for this role, as you will innovate on this technology to produce a visually stunning title."

jbikkAxXgfMy6w.png

Back