Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Shift 2 suffered some serious input lag though at the beginning.
More so on PS3.
Last time I played the Xbox version it wasn't too bad but they broke the FF. it would randomly drop out. A pause and it would kick back in.
Couldn't pause online though.

Haven't played it in ages. Great track selection in that game but they glamorised the tracks for some reason. Blimps and flashy lights etc.

Coulda been a contender.

Alright. Finally got my Forza Horizon car list completed. It contains the DLCs, VIP/LCE, some of the traffic cars and other vehicles. I've also marked the Barn Treasures, Showcases, Unicorns and Wristband Finalists. This time, instead of marking the entire vehicle name, I just tagged the Notes column next to the corresponding car. I think it looks better and less cluttered. The link is in my sig.

EDIT: Thanks to myforza.net for some of the details like the Barn Treasures, Unicorns, Showcases and Finalists.

wait what? I thought the barn finds WERE unicorns in FH...

oh my god i have new quests to embark on! :lol:

Oh and this game's NULL car is a BMW.
And can anyone clarify if the Honda CRX SiR is in the showcase for purchase? If not, that's another Unicorn :lol:

Oh and Ferrari Dino

Unicorns in Forza Horizon are:

Ferrari Dino 246GT

Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Honda CRX Si R

John Cooper Works Coupe

Lotus Elan Sprint

Mazda MX5 Superlight

Saleen S5S Raptor

Unicorns in Forza Horizon are:

Ferrari Dino 246GT

Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Honda CRX Si R

John Cooper Works Coupe

Lotus Elan Sprint

Mazda MX5 Superlight

Saleen S5S Raptor

Thanks for the information. I added the others. Any years on those. I got the years for the Elan, Superlight and Raptor. I just need the years for the others.

2010 John Works Mini Cooper

2010 Miata MX-5 Superlight

2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

1969 Dino 246 GT

1991 Honda CRX SiR

2010 Saleen S5S Raptor

How do we aquire the unicorns guys?

Unicorns are acquired through either spending lots of money in the AH or by being gifted one from Turn10 after winning contests and stuffs. They give out a lot during the Monthly DLC Guessing Game.

Also, thanks for the years.

Weird, it's like all of this info is already available in another list...

I won a Mini Coupe in the guessing game, and I can confirm the year as 2012. Also, there is no auction house in Horizon, so your only way to go is directly from T10 competitions and giveaways.

drf4ph.jpg

I'm really upset. I recently moved and I do not have a way to hook up my xbox to xbox live, and there is now 100% certainty that I won't be able to get my favorite car, which is the MX-5 Superlight. Why does T10 feel the need to make these cars totally inaccessible for non-live users? I paid for the damn game, I should be able to unlock everything through offline play. This is such BS. Even when I had xbox live, I was never able to earn a unicorn on FM3 or FM4. I simply don't have the time to devote to it.

I think I will be returning my copy tomorrow, for a number of reasons.

I'm really upset. I recently moved and I do not have a way to hook up my xbox to xbox live, and there is now 100% certainty that I won't be able to get my favorite car, which is the MX-5 Superlight. Why does T10 feel the need to make these cars totally inaccessible for non-live users? I paid for the damn game, I should be able to unlock everything through offline play. This is such BS. Even when I had xbox live, I was never able to earn a unicorn on FM3 or FM4. I simply don't have the time to devote to it.

I think I will be returning my copy tomorrow, for a number of reasons.

While I agree it's an annoying tactic, I completely see the reasoning; yet another reason to convince people to upgrade to Gold. Though I think you might still be able to collect gifts from T10 with just Silver, no?

I've got nearly the entire collection of unicorns in FM4, and other than winning a race against Mitch in Game With Devs, I haven't exactly hunted any of them down. The Rivals events that gifted them out were all pretty easy, JPM's ZR1 at Indy excepted.

I tried for hours to beat the Viper TGTT rivals challenge to no avail. I was more than a second off no matter how hard I tried.

Silver does me no good, I do not have internet, at all, in my room and no wireless. In fact, I still have a gold account, but again, I would have no way of receiving a car even if I did win one of their asinine competitions.

I paid for $60 worth of game and I am not receiving $60 worth of (accessible) game. Is that even legal?

EDIT:
Just checked the packaging. There is nowhere on or in it that it says that 'not all features/content are available without xbox live.' Or anything to that effect. This deserves some looking into I think....

I hate this whole set up with unicorns- you can only acquire them in the AH (in other words, online & spending a load of cash) or by taking part in competitions (again, requiring you to be online) Not all of us are permanently hooked up to XBL nor do we all want to take part in these guessing competitions. For me, the unicorns may not as well exist because I'm not going to acquire them :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, and in order to get a unicorn, you also need Gold membership. **** that!

I tried for hours to beat the Viper TGTT rivals challenge to no avail. I was more than a second off no matter how hard I tried.

Silver does me no good, I do not have internet, at all, in my room and no wireless. In fact, I still have a gold account, but again, I would have no way of receiving a car even if I did win one of their asinine competitions.

I paid for $60 worth of game and I am not receiving $60 worth of (accessible) game. Is that even legal?

EDIT:
Just checked the packaging. There is nowhere on or in it that it says that 'not all features/content are available without xbox live.' Or anything to that effect. This deserves some looking into I think....

Yeah, sue the SOBs if you can 👍

Well, I can't say anything about other versions, but the German box clearly states that some features require XBL Gold and that requirements for features may be changed without further notice. Not saying it doesn't suck, just that sueing isn't going to do anyone any good.

This may sound crazy, but the NTSC version doesn't have that third asterisk! The first two are the same.

I'm curious as to what the three asterisks are referencing on the PAL case.

The closest thing is "...paid subscription required for online multiplayer; some features and downloads require additional storage, hardware, and/or fees." You could simplify that to "some features require additional fees," which is probably enough to cover them on the unicorns. Unfortunately.

The closest thing is "...paid subscription required for online multiplayer; some features and downloads require additional storage, hardware, and/or fees." You could simplify that to "some features require additional fees," which is probably enough to cover them on the unicorns. Unfortunately.
I think that that's written on the box of basically every Xbox game, to circumvent this exact issue.

I don't see how it's much different from having to pay extra to get silly chrome-wrapped cars in GT5 or the unique vehicles in FM4/FH's LC Editions.

Well, okay, in the case of unicorns, there's no guarantee you're going to get any of them despite paying for the XBL Gold service, but then again; you're not paying for gold to get those cars, you're paying for it to play online and use all of the features tied to it.

I find the unicorns thing annoying, but they're the same in my eyes as getting incredibly rare and hard-to-find items in, say, FFVII. The difference these days is the methods we have to utilize to get the rare content. You could even say... *Caruso Voice* the game has changed. /Caruso

Yeeeeaah! :P

I'd be totally ok with the unicorns if there was a way of acquiring them through single player. Grinding, if you will. I just feel kind of slapped in the face that the car I used to achieve Mazda affinity level 50 (almost entirely) in FM4 is inaccessible in FH...I had something close to 10,000 miles on that car....

Back