Forza Monthly to Reveal First Forza Motorsport Gameplay & Donut Media Content for Horizon 5

• Thread starter Famine
  • 86 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I am looking forward to hear about the career mode, the physics will proably be more simular to gt7 rather than a full sim, and that is at best, but i dont see a problem with that, both aims at much bigger audiance than what full sims are doing, so going full simulation will never happen

GT7 physics is perfect.
Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

Forza always beats GT in terms of car lineup. Just one pic and it already makes GT7 pale in comparison.
I cannot wait! GT7 needs some competition. Let's hope the physics model of the new Forza Motorsport will be more of a simulator. GT7 physics is perfect.
Mr. Wolff, with all due respect, you need to pay more attention to your own business. If you think GT7 is perfect, then I understand why Mercedes has been struggling in F1 for a year and a half.

Last edited:
🍩 media's hi low car and money put serise are abominations. Blowing engines up on pure stupidity got old fast. The money pit miata got slower after they modded it. Couldn't even do a la without spewing oil everywhere.

🍩 media's hi low car and money put serise are abominations. Blowing engines up on pure stupidity got old fast. The money pit miata got slower after they modded it. Couldn't even do a la without spewing oil everywhere.
Donut Media used to be very cool. Series were good, content had very good quality and the guys were funny. Now? I think they've been stuck for at least 2 years.

See, this is why I have trust issues.

"Live from the Petersen Automotive Museum"... but green screened.

builders cup is still car classes with 4-5 race series behind them. Just with more ambience and car culture video. Am I missing something?

Ok, learning the car and track in practice looks neat, but I just wonder if they do that every time you visit a track in any series?

The ability to switch track positions against the AI (24 on track still) is really handy. Very nice idea to avoid AI series all needing qualification, I like the choice.

Last edited:
The big selling point of FM for me is the big car list with a lot of cars that aren't in GT7. I'd rather play GT7, but FM will at least have new content for me to play. GT7 was so short on races, and the car list is like a quarter VGTs, so this game felt very thing and it would be nice to play a content-heavy racing game for a change.

In the main screen he still had C (credits).
I assume you are given new cars in series, but can buy them with credits too.
Car Points are a scarce resource which you use to upgrade cars separate from buying cars?
Car XP unlocks extra upgrades to a car? (you gain xp per corner, car mastery is a new thing meant to replace garage collection %)

Edit: Not sure how I feel about this. I guess it won't matter much if you can upgrade the xp of a car in 4-5 races, since the cars I want to use will come out of the single player game anyway. But it could be a hassle.

Last edited:
Having to level your car up to unlock upgrades?...This smells like a cheap way to get people to put more time into the game.
It's clearly an attempt to get you to spend time with specific cars. level 50 xp takes "roughly 3 hours of driving" to reach, but many upgrades are available earlier.

Also from their demo it doesn't look like homologation is in the game, it's more like Forza Horizon where AI matches your PI level. This is a HUGE win for me.

Last edited:
Having to level your car up to unlock upgrades?...This smells like a cheap way to get people to put more time into the game.
Yeah, so no more buying a crap car, modding the hell out of it and hooning around, unless you spend hours finishing 4th in repetetive races to get enough CXP to unlock the ability to spend CC on a non descript turbo upgrade? Forza Horizon genuinley has a better upgrade system than Motorsport now... I'd love to be proven wrong, but at the moment, what are Turn 10 thinking?

Looks like the exhaust doesn’t physically change when you upgrade it.. did the sound change at least?

How many Forza cars will you actually tune?

Personally I love driving cars in Forza Horizon stock and just having the AI match my PI. And then I tune a few cars for specific reasons (usually trial races or seasonal challenges where I need to meet a specific PI). So for me this system is fine, since I can happily play all the cars as stock and gradually find my desired upgrade cars.

Back