Forza Motorsport (2023): The Bugfest Thread

This has been posted already on the official fm.net forums by another user, but I have to share it here, because it's hilarious: installing the roll cage in the 2022 Subaru BRZ results in... This

View attachment 1294387

Who said a full cage is a detriment to visibility? :lol:
This is far from unique of this car, I've seen this glitch happening in a handful of cars now, at one point I was starting to think it happens when you install the cage in any car, but not sure right now.

I restarted many times, no effect. A reinstall didn't occur to me, but not sure how much it's going to help. It's an acknowledged bug:

Stability - Game may hang on applying upgrades and does not save career mode progress (1624509)(Date Updated: 10.09.23)
I'm not even getting to the step where you apply the upgrades, my game is crashing 100% of the time if I browse upgrade parts after finishing an event. :banghead:

The good thing is that the Xbox crash rate and bug reports system is pretty good and so they should easily be able to see exactly how prominent these sorts of crashes are and can target them.

Is it just me or is something really struggling server side?

Rivals leaderboards are slow to load, sometimes don't load at all. My times are almost never being saved to the leaderboard. Sometimes it takes ages after the start of a lap to start displaying the ghost, like it's taking all that time to get it from the server.

My driver level changed to 1, again I'm guessing it couldn't get the real data from the server.

I've sometimes made car setup changes and it has shown a spinning thing for a while like it's struggling to save it to the server, then has crashed, I'm guessing it can't cope with that save attempt timing out.

Edit 16:00: I still have this problem, does anyone else have it? The game is literally 100% broken for me, what is the point of rivals if it doesn't save your times? Every time I do rivals, I finish, check the leaderboard, and it hasn't saved my time. I go back to the menu, and my driver level is 1 (wasn't 1 when the game started up). It only started doing this today.

Further edit 18:20: I'm wondering if they have set a fastest time limit of 30.000 and anyone going faster than that is triggering some sort of anti-cheat? I did a lap a bit over 30.000 and that saved, but I can do 28.5, and the faster laps never save. It seems a big coincidence to have multiple people at the top on 30.000.

homestead oval 900.png

Edit 21/10/2023: This has now been fixed and times faster than 30 seconds are being recorded.

Last edited:
Game is constantly crashing on XSX tonight.

All I am doing is checking out Designs on the sharefront.

I've had to quit the game on two different occasions: First when changing the colour of my M4 and again when upgrading my 718 Cayman.

Couldn't find this one so I created a topic on the hub:

Last edited:
Somehow the new tour with the KTM GT2 keep on losing progress for some reason, it keeps going back to the second race at Watkins Glen.

First time it happen was when I quit the game when I progress until Road America race then I complete all 5 races at 1 go and I still lost the progress.

Also the game keep getting stuck in loading when I try buying the Lotus Emira for the Performance cars tour, it works when i buy the car at the "Buy Car" though.

I don't know if this is a bug or just and oversight from the developers, but the sounds of the KTM Xbow GT2 and Ferrari 812 Superfast are wrong. The KTM sounds like a Golf R and the 812 sounds like a 488 Pista.

Last edited:
Gave the game a try and I'm still not fully convinced this is for me. I decided after to dabble into the Rivals mode as that's somewhere I always spent a lot of time at. After setting a 1:38.xx with the Corvette E-Ray, I quit out to the menu only for it to record my slowest lap instead. Fun.

Couldn't find this one so I created a topic on the hub:
This issue is already listed in the Known issues list as bug no. 1579062.

I’ve played the game once since Update 1.0 and it hasn’t reoccurred yet. Will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Was trying to import the logos I created in FH5 for the Nissan R391 in order to create the full livery. All importing from FH5 is bugged and will not work, other older games work fine. Just great...

Was trying to import the logos I created in FH5 for the Nissan R391 in order to create the full livery. All importing from FH5 is bugged and will not work, other older games work fine. Just great...
Not sure if it's the same problem exactly, but my friend ran into a similar problem and got around it. When he clicked "ok" to import things from FH5, it showed him that there was nothing there, and wouldn't ask him to try to import again until he restarted the game.

After a fresh restart of the game, when it popped up the data import ok/cancel window, he canceled it the first time it asked, switched away from it and switched back to it and hit "ok" the second time it asked, and it worked for him.

I dunno how that makes much sense, and I haven't asked him to see if it has worked for him multiple times, but if that's what your game is doing then hopefully it works for you too.

Not sure if it's the same problem exactly, but my friend ran into a similar problem and got around it. When he clicked "ok" to import things from FH5, it showed him that there was nothing there, and wouldn't ask him to try to import again until he restarted the game.

After a fresh restart of the game, when it popped up the data import ok/cancel window, he canceled it the first time it asked, switched away from it and switched back to it and hit "ok" the second time it asked, and it worked for him.

I dunno how that makes much sense, and I haven't asked him to see if it has worked for him multiple times, but if that's what your game is doing then hopefully it works for you too.
In my case it's different, it's not like it doesn't show anything, it simply refuses to try at all, the second I hit import, it says (translated) Sync Error - Error while syncing your saved files with a previous Forza. Try again later.

Captura de pantalla (1301).png

Tried later. Tried restarting the game, tried cancelling the first time and then going back, as you said, tried importing both vinyl shapes and full designs...for some reason, the game doesn't want to import anything from FH5, and just FH5 (It used to work before, so not sure if it's a brand new bug or what)

EDIT: Nice, game still gets stuck when trying to select a car you don't own in order to paint it. Game is so broken it's not funny anymore, don't care what people might say, 16 years of Forza gaming and this is the very first time I'm considering a refund, how this got published like this? They dropped the ball really hard on this one.

Last edited:
Biggest bug I keep coming cross is the upgrade your car after a race bug, where the game freezes when applying the upgrades, meaning you have to restart the game and then redo the whole race as well.
Another bug I came across is the game sometimes doesn't record when you exit a single player series after finishing the race, and also resets you back to that same race, so you have to redo it. Got boring having to redo the same race over and over cause of these two bugs.

@UKMikey the fuel bug in the telemetry estimates is still there. It's telling me I've got 0 laps at 100%, so I still don't know how much I should have for the race :(

There is strange flickering texture on rear window and lower skirt from certain angle of 2016 Porsche GT3 RS. At least it was on mine on afternoon Catalunya. Car is painted factory silver and my video setting was Performance RT. On Performance only the issue dissapeared so i'm maybe it's some RT bug? 🤔

@UKMikey the fuel bug in the telemetry estimates is still there. It's telling me I've got 0 laps at 100%, so I still don't know how much I should have for the race :(
Thanks, check out the official forum thread where I mentioned the same thing this afternoon. Meant to post it here but I forgot so thanks for the mention.

Guess the lesson is, unless they specifically list it as fixed in an update, they haven't addressed it so far. I've kind of taken a specific interest in this minor but annoying bug to see how seriously the devs are taking feedback, so'll be glad to see it finally squelched - at least it's not on the will not fix/by design list of doom.

I'm not sure but I hope it doesn't affect the actual race so we might hopefully be able to adjust it just before race start. If it does, give 'em hell.

Last edited:
Thanks, check out the official forum thread where I mentioned the same thing this afternoon. Meant to post it here but I forgot so thanks for the mention.

Guess the lesson is, unless they specifically list it as fixed in an update, they haven't addressed it so far. I've kind of adopted this minor but annoying bug so'll be glad to see it finally squelched - at least it's not on the will not fix/by design thread of doom.

I'm not sure but I hope it doesn't affect the actual race so we might hopefully be able to adjust it just before race start.
Nope, it was race start I was looking at.
It's a bit irritating, but tbh it doesn't make much of a difference to the single player mode overall. If anything, reducing the fuel load to win would feel a bit like cheating to me anyway.
There are bigger issues to be addressed at the moment. Will be nice when it's fixed but I suspect most people won't even notice as they wouldn't even bother looking. Most players will just press to start the race immediately on loading.

Nope, it was race start I was looking at.
It's a bit irritating, but tbh it doesn't make much of a difference to the single player mode overall. If anything, reducing the fuel load to win would feel a bit like cheating to me anyway.
There are bigger issues to be addressed at the moment. Will be nice when it's fixed but I suspect most people won't even notice as they wouldn't even bother looking. Most players will just press to start the race immediately on loading.
If I back out and go back in again it usually fixes it but obviously this isn't an option for multiplayer (see, @Morbid65, I do care about MP players :P).

Speaking of fuel prediction bugs, I experienced one yesterday that was new to me, dunno if it's actually new with the patch or I just hadn't experienced it before. While getting ready to do some testing at Kyalami in the Honda TCR, both in single player and in a private lobby, the predictor would say the car could only do 24 laps on a full tank, but then when I started lapping it switched to the (accurate) 44 laps. It was like this for 2 runs in single player test drive, and 3 runs in a private lobby, where it was doing the same for the other players. Weird that it was consistent, while the other prediction bugs are certainly inconsistent.

I've also had the one where it predicts 0 laps all the time, and occasionally have had one where in the race it predicts random crazy high numbers for the first 5 or so laps, then kinda corrects (or at least seems less ridiculous). One race said I would get like 1012 laps to a tank on my first lap, second lap it was down 670 something laps, third lap was down to 400 something laps, and so on until it settled at a realistic number.

I've also had the starting fuel load be inconsistent too. For Featured Multiplayer it always seems to put in 60-70% for some reason, and in private lobbies it always seems to just fill the tank up by default... Except one private race I did where I didn't even check because I figured it was full, and it had only put 2 laps of fuel in. Has been the same way with the group I run in, we have had several people ask to restart races because they suddenly had like 3 laps of fuel in the tank at the start after already doing multiple races and not touching their fuel load. The weirdest one was the other night at Catalunya National in the new BRZ, one guy on the grid didn't have enough default fuel in his tank to make it a single lap at pace lap speeds, which is weird because the lowest fuel you can set in menu is 5% and the BRZ certainly doesn't use 5% per lap even running flat out.
(see, @Morbid65, I do care about MP players :P).
You weren't ever one of the ones in doubt. :cheers:

241a00a3-a651-43ea-87b4-3323c1f36c0d.png

I don't know how but I won the premium performance series and got the prize Ford GT but it doesn't say I have the last race finished even though I have the car and achievements to prove it.
0296671c-00fb-4bf4-a669-daa3f632cceb.png

20231021_055338.jpg

Maybe if I finish the race again I'll get another Ford GT but I don't want to get banned for a glitch that isn't my fault (I have no idea how strict Turn 10 is) so I will probably just wait.
Though if the glitch happens with the Dodge Demon, I'm not waiting because that car (and subsequent rant video about getting banned for something that I don't know why it happened) is worth the risk!

Didn't think of taking screenshots but I got a pretty funny bug today. After some laps in freeplay the game awarded all the CarXP and levels to a different car, the one I last used in builder's cup. Actually beneficial and a happy little accident for me, but I imagine that's very annoying if you wanted to level up that specific car...

My game is still not getting progress saved properly after the update, it seems to only save the progress of the first race I did after I start the game. Have to reboot the game after every race to save progress is stupid.

Maybe if I finish the race again I'll get another Ford GT but I don't want to get banned for a glitch that isn't my fault (I have no idea how strict Turn 10 is) so I will probably just wait.
Same issue for me, feel free to repeat the races.
FM23 can record the car level, car award, but not the race progress. So it will not award you another car for the exatcly series.

Game still consistently crashing on Xbox SX when checking out Designs. I will go through 2 or 3 cars, apply a design, then the next one will cause mega slow down and crash to home screen.

So frustrating.

Back