Forza Motorsport (2023): The Bugfest Thread

United States
United States
In keeping some legacies alive, like the ones on Forzacentral, I would be honored to start up the Bugfest thread for @JPinto for the Forza Motorsport Reboot. This separate thread from the General Discussion thread will be used as a keepsake for the inevitable glitches and problems that may crop up during the long-term release of Forza Motorsport 2023. They're broken down to separate tiers, such as:

-Stability Problems/Crashes/Performance Issues
-Car Modeling Errors and Inaccuracies
-Faulty AI Problems
-Localization Issues
-Gaming Wheel-related Issues

Since Early Access is about to start come Thursday I decided to start setting this up so the game will improve over time when it launches. I will also update this entry periodically since this is going to likely be the only Forza Motorsport in this console generation, and given the amount of bugs FH5 had gotten lately, at least for a standstill, I figured this would work.

Be sure to provide images as proof and be constructive about your criticisms regarding the game's myriad bugs, and if possible you can run to the Troubleshooting Hub below to address your issues there. If they're listed as 'Will Not Fix', that means the developer will not fix the aforementioned issues.

Last edited:
Let's see if everyones favorite bug/omission/modelling error/almost a forza staple at this point... returns.

I'm of course referring to our dear friend, the 1991 Honda CR-X and the curious case of a missing side skirt!

7rtfcgh6d0b51.png

In keeping some legacies alive, like the ones on Forzacentral, I would be honored to start up the Bugfest thread for @JPinto for the Forza Motorsport Reboot. This separate thread from the General Discussion thread will be used as a keepsake for the inevitable glitches and problems that may crop up during the long-term release of Forza Motorsport 2023. They're broken down to separate tiers, such as:

-Stability Problems/Crashes/Performance Issues
-Car Modeling Errors and Inaccuracies
-Faulty AI Problems
-Localization Issues
-Gaming Wheel-related Issues

Since Early Access is about to start come Thursday I decided to start setting this up so the game will improve over time when it launches. I will also update this entry periodically since this is going to likely be the only Forza Motorsport in this console generation, and given the amount of bugs FH5 had gotten lately, at least for a standstill, I figured this would work.

Be sure to provide images as proof and be constructive about your criticisms regarding the game's myriad bugs, and if possible you can run to the Troubleshooting Hub below to address your issues there. If they're listed as 'Will Not Fix', that means the developer will not fix the aforementioned issues.
Thanks for the start-up :)

Definitely missed this from forzacentral...

Anyways, I think we can start confirming almost 10 year old mistakes still going on...the AE86 still has a 100% black front bumper, without the signature white panda stripes on it:

ae86.jpg

EDIT:

The Alfa Romeo Giulietta appears to have Forza aero as standard:

giulietta.jpg

The FPV GT-F is now wrong...the black inserts in the front bumper are now body-colored :guilty:

gtf.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see if everyones favorite bug/omission/modelling error/almost a forza staple at this point... returns.

I'm of course referring to our dear friend, the 1991 Honda CR-X and the curious case of a missing side skirt!

7rtfcgh6d0b51.png
How very Need For Speed. :lol:

Lot of thin white lines over Suzuka.

Seemed to turn on auto braking for me.

Lights on Logitech G Pro wheel don't look correct.

Xbox SX

@JPinto I can already tell you that six years' worth of development didn't include remastered cars. They didn't change anything. The R32, Silvia S15, VW Corrado, SW20 MR2, the F355, and the not-a-2004 EP3 Honda Civic all look exactly the same as the last game. Straight up cut-and-paste jobs. I even wrote a detailed suggestion about remastering cars and they never did it. These 2011-era models pale in comparison to the newly-modeled vehicles.

Also, big thanks for providing helpful links Tempest.

Last edited:
@JPinto I can already tell you that six years' worth of development didn't include remastered cars. They didn't change anything. The R32, Silvia S15, VW Corrado, SW20 MR2, the F355, and the not-a-2004 EP3 Honda Civic all look exactly the same as the last game. Straight up cut-and-paste jobs. I even wrote a detailed suggestion about remastering cars and they never did it. These 2011-era models pale in comparison to the newly-modeled vehicles.

Also, big thanks for providing helpful links Tempest.
I had absolutely no hopes on that regard. It seems it's OK to them, and for most players too, so not worth the hassle. Funnily enough, they did care enough back on the day to remaster the Enzo, F50, Carrera GT and 997 Turbo among others, which went from awful to really accurate and great looking, so they definitely can continue that process at any time, but it's been a while since the last time it happened...

Lot of thin white lines over Suzuka.
- I am getting those track join lines on Suzuka too, like a poorly constructed piece of Scalextric track. I am using Bonnet Cam.

- Settings which change back to Defaults (had Controller controls and HUD settings randomly change)

- Lots of visual bugs on the Livery storefront (low quality, blurry, strange visual artefacts in glass)

- A lot of the headlights are all tinted in the 'Buy Car' screen

- Tunes and Liveries not loading on storefront too when you scroll past the initial few

- Can I not change the wheel track width? When I added aftermarket wheels to the Civic, the wheels tucked in so much, I desire poke

- AI cars have 60/70 laps of fuel for a 3 lap race

- Cannot see Lap count when choosing how many Laps of fuel to have.

- Can't view livery creator profiles, yet I can pointlessly follow them?

- Megane R26R model issues:

Cannot paint alloy wheels in Paint properly
Normals issue on inner side of alloy wheels?

Xbox Series X

Last edited:
I raced the GNX at Spa at night (accidentally against an entire field of GNXs) and neither my nor any ai cars' headlights illuminated anything. Oddly enough the exact same first bug I had on GT7, save that car was the Dodge Super Bee.

I'm the only one suffering from terrible, plain AWFUL popping? No matter the track, the entire thing pops around me every single second, the scenary, the ground...everything. This is how I find myself racing most of the time, trying to guess where the asphalt might be:

Captura de pantalla (1251).png

Also, after successfuly loading 2 cars I don't own to check and improve liveries before sharing them (really welcomed feature, I have to say) I never got that to work again, even after restarting the entire PC. Every time I select a car, it keeps on loading forever, more than an hour and nothing. The game runs, it's not like it crashed, but more as it entered an infinite loop...

EDIT: After sharing a design, the menu gets locked, and you must exit and enter again to do anything, you can't scroll, click on the current one to check options...

EDIT 2: The Monte Carlo SS now features an even less complete livery, the body stripes now only remain in the doors...

Captura de pantalla (1252).png

Last edited:
Nissan 300ZX has a weird 2-tone bumper when purchasing but that changes after repainting the car in a regular color but all manufacture colors are affected:
ePWsUFg.png

Also for some reason some of the cars like the Toyota GT-ONE come with dark grey wheels rather than black for some reason, a few of the colors are also off for some of the cars.

Last edited:
I had an odd one while playing this weeks track tour "seasonal event". The blue boxes top right that read LEFT to restart practice RIGHT to exit practice didn't go away and in fact every race added a new blue box below the others. So by race 5 I had SIX blue boxes top right corner :lol:

I've gotten a bad feeling this was gonna happen. Guess people are reporting these issues left and right. Good thing I won't be buying this game at the moment.

If this Won't Fix or "By Design" (and yes, I used airquotes for the latter) gets even bigger than FH5's had, then we're totally screwed. Forza Horizon 5 did a number to so many problems like the shifting bug with the MK4 Supra, the broken downforce options for the MB 190E, among others. And yet, despite their 6-year commitment, the soft FM reboot has ruined even more perfectly fine models and is buggier.
EDIT 2: The Monte Carlo Super Sport now features an even less complete livery, the body stripes now only remain in the doors...
How does something like this happen? It was fine in FH5, now it is ruined. Add that to the list of ruined cars in the transition from FH5 to FM. Oh, and by the way, interior texture tampering (which started in FM6) and speedometer calibration also counts as bugs.

Last edited:
Steam players, including myself, seem to have issues getting into the game at all.

forza2023.png

I am currently stuck on this screen, with an infinitely spinning loading circle. Once shaders are compiled, I cannot progress any further.

Reddit thread of potential relevance
Forza Forums thread of potential relevance
Suggestion on Steam discussions
Microsoft's Gaming Repair Tool
@zacscy 's suggestion of using an Administrator account as described on their thread

None of the suggested fixes work for me. Compiling all of this in case it helps someone else.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, I've added additional possible solutions to the above post (Gaming Repair Tool and zacscy's thread), unfortunately none work for me. Hopefully it helps someone else to keep all of these in one place.

Last edited:
Getting game crashes when setting the number of laps to 20 on custom race when using the Homestead Miami track, haven't tried any other tracks yet but the second I confirm it it crashes.

Some investigation in my Event Viewer is revealing that every time I boot Forza Motorsport, GamingServices is experiencing some kind of severe error and crashes. Whatever causes that is likely preventing the game from moving on to the next step, which should be asking me to log in to my Microsoft account (or doing that automatically).

If you're affected by this issue, there is unfortunately little to do but wait for a patch.

Some investigation in my Event Viewer is revealing that every time I boot Forza Motorsport, GamingServices is experiencing some kind of severe error and crashes. Whatever causes that is likely preventing the game from moving on to the next step, which should be asking me to log in to my Microsoft account (or doing that automatically).

If you're affected by this issue, there is unfortunately little to do but wait for a patch.
And you've stopped the gaming service in services and restarted? Did you delete gaming services and reinstall?
I've read some the threads you linked and it seems you have. Horrible odd issue that needs to get fixed ASAP.

Last edited:
And you've stopped the gaming service in services and restarted? Did you delete gaming services and reinstall?
Yes, and yes, four times each. Even used the Powershell method to delete and reinstall to make sure it would take. And I agree. It somehow managed to be an even worse launch than Payday 3! I'm trying to keep a cool head about all of this, but yeah, rough...

Last edited:
Yes, and yes, four times each. Even used the Powershell method to delete and reinstall to make sure it would take. And I agree. It somehow managed to be an even worse launch than Payday 3! I'm trying to keep a cool head about all of this, but yeah, rough...
Your patience is an example to us all and will be looked upon and remembered. Your perseverance through this matter is medal worthy. Stay positive.

Back