Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Socially-Awkward-Penguin-Win-Races-Get-Kicked.jpg

Wao, i've never had that happen to me O_O but then I rarely win any races. :sly: Also I pretty much stopped playing online once they got rid of the RWD Hoppers.

Some guy tried to boot me from a race recently, and I'd only just joined the lobby! As a result, someone else got him booted for being, frankly, a tool.

I've only just entered into the world of Forza, thanks to my flatmate buying a second-hand 360, complete with a copy of the game left in the disc tray :D

I was being semi-consistent with being one of the top guys in that lobby. Then I won two races in a row and suddenly the vote to kick Ebiggs popped up. Despite half the lobby being pretty cool and talking between/during races and telling their positions and stuff, I got kicked easily.

That happens to me a lot, and it's the prime reason I don't really go online with any particular racing game...unless it's with friends or the good folks here.

When I played this game a few times a different Gamestops, it took over a minute just to start up the race. Plus, the gameplay screen tends to vibrate like an earthquake for a few seconds, it is the gameplay, not the tv that's making it do that.

When I played this game a few times a different Gamestops, it took over a minute just to start up the race. Plus, the gameplay screen tends to vibrate like an earthquake for a few seconds, it is the gameplay, not the tv that's making it do that.

I think you're confusing this with NFS: Shift, FM3 doesn't have such a "feature".

That happens to me a lot, and it's the prime reason I don't really go online with any particular racing game...unless it's with friends or the good folks here.

The kick option is one of the worst things I've ever seen in online games ... I don't get kicked often, but it still bothers me when fair players get kicked just cause the others are losers... goes hand in hand with the xp system which punishes you for actually finishing races.
I played games with almost perfect online matchmaking and xp systems many years ago, however there's really better ways than just 'kick' unwanted players... like select the hardest track, 10 laps and... gone. ;)

So I have a TVR Sagaris tuned in A class. 410hp, nearly stock weight, wider stock compound tires, splitter, wing, suspension and drivetrain goodies. I ran a 1'27.xxx with it while testing/tuning at Road Atlanta.

I just built a new E63. A595. 680hp. 4150lbs. V12 CLK GTR swap with turbos. 295/315mm sport tires. Full suspension. Rolling on 20s with Brabus body pieces. 1'27.5xx at Road Atlanta.

:drool:

The screen doesn't shake when you do hit something. Forza doesn't have any of those effects.

I guess he means at the start of a race, the screen shakes for a very short time, it's terrible, but not as terrible than the fact you don't have control over the throttle during that start sequence.

So I have a TVR Sagaris tuned in A class. 410hp, nearly stock weight, wider stock compound tires, splitter, wing, suspension and drivetrain goodies. I ran a 1'27.xxx with it while testing/tuning at Road Atlanta.

I just built a new E63. A595. 680hp. 4150lbs. V12 CLK GTR swap with turbos. 295/315mm sport tires. Full suspension. Rolling on 20s with Brabus body pieces. 1'27.5xx at Road Atlanta.

:drool:

Nice. I tried with the Sagaris, too. All I could was a 1'34.5xx, can't tune that thing right... Care to share the setup? :D

I guess he means at the start of a race, the screen shakes for a very short time, it's terrible, but not as terrible than the fact you don't have control over the throttle during that start sequence.

The latest patch seemed to fix that. It doesn't auto-rev. It does still have that canned animation that doesn't put me in the cockpit as early as I would like, but it's progress.

Yeah? Umm, I didn't notice that.

I'll check it out.

Edit:*Cpt. Picard voice* "There are three lights!!!" i.e. it's still doing it... :ill:

Last edited:
The patch only stopped autorevving for clutch users, if you don't use the clutch it will be exactly the same.

Nice. I tried with the Sagaris, too. All I could was a 1'34.5xx, can't tune that thing right... Care to share the setup? :D

If you want to add me and gift me one I'll put the setup on there. It'll stay unlocked.

I do have a question on racing etiquette though. Say I'm in second place and right behind the first place player. I catch him at every braking point, every turn. I can't get by him because he stays on the racing line, however I have to brake to avoid taking him out. Would it be a dick move to stay on his bumper and wait for him to mess up, "accidentally" punting him off the road? I'm about to start doing this because I'm tired of taking second place to guys who just block me up and make distance on the straight in their overpowered cars.

Last edited:
Surely if you're better on the brakes and he stays on the racing line can't you just launch one up the inside?

I hate the sagaris, its too short wheelbasey and the weight distribution is poo. Also I suck at driving, so I bought the tuscan which is like over 9000 times better with better weight distribution and a slightly longer wheelbase makes it allot more stable in my eyes.

Also jay sux lol

Eric.
I do have a question on racing etiquette though. Say I'm in second place and right behind the first place player. I catch him at every braking point, every turn. I can't get by him because he stays on the racing line, however I have to brake to avoid taking him out. Would it be a dick move to stay on his bumper and wait for him to mess up, "accidentally" punting him off the road? I'm about to start doing this because I'm tired of taking second place to guys who just block me up and make distance on the straight in their overpowered cars.

Racecraft takes practice and experience. If you believe you can brake and corner faster than your opponent, then many times it will come down to patience, simply waiting for the right moment. If you stay close enough behind, there is a good chance you will pressure the guy ahead into a mistake, it is then just a case of capitalising on that chance when it occurs.

I personally would be more than a little miffed if someone behind me couldn't pass me cleanly so resorted to punting me down the road. There have been many occasions where people have been following me in a faster car, but I have been able to defend my lead by placing my car on the track in a way that makes it difficult to pass. The crucial thing for this to work is not to make any mistakes. It is almost certainly frustrating for the person behind, but if they are clever (and patient) enough, they will be able to work themselves a clean passing opportunity. You should never really need to resort to punting someone off the road.

Racecraft takes practice and experience. If you believe you can brake and corner faster than your opponent, then many times it will come down to patience, simply waiting for the right moment. If you stay close enough behind, there is a good chance you will pressure the guy ahead into a mistake, it is then just a case of capitalising on that chance when it occurs.

I personally would be more than a little miffed if someone behind me couldn't pass me cleanly so resorted to punting me down the road. There have been many occasions where people have been following me in a faster car, but I have been able to defend my lead by placing my car on the track in a way that makes it difficult to pass. The crucial thing for this to work is not to make any mistakes. It is almost certainly frustrating for the person behind, but if they are clever (and patient) enough, they will be able to work themselves a clean passing opportunity. You should never really need to resort to punting someone off the road.

Unless it's M. Rossi. :lol:

Well, by punting it would be more of a "oops I didn't have time to react to you because I'm so close" kind of thing. Last night in particular I kept getting left behind on the straight but catching that car about halfway through the lap. Then he blocks up the road for the rest of the lap so I can't get by. When I'd otherwise be making up enough time between us that he'd just barely catch me on the straight, he's blocking me on the turns and then running away on the straight. In fact I was just a 10-20ft behind him on a turn and having to slow down to not hit him, he hits the brakes hard to correct his own line, and my only options are to ram him or to nail the brakes and try to dodge him (which places me off in the grass, he furthers his lead. If these weren't stupid little 4 lap races I'd be happy to stay on his ass for 10 laps and wait for him to screw up.

Unless it's M. Rossi. :lol:

I try to race cleanly but against Rossi, the gloves are off, there are no rules when it comes to dealing with him, half the fun racing him is seeing how you can punt him off the track or into a wall. I would never have that attitude with any of the other drivers (AI or human) but I got plenty of memories of his from Forza 2. Its payback time....

Well, by punting it would be more of a "oops I didn't have time to react to you because I'm so close" kind of thing. Last night in particular I kept getting left behind on the straight but catching that car about halfway through the lap. Then he blocks up the road for the rest of the lap so I can't get by. When I'd otherwise be making up enough time between us that he'd just barely catch me on the straight, he's blocking me on the turns and then running away on the straight. In fact I was just a 10-20ft behind him on a turn and having to slow down to not hit him, he hits the brakes hard to correct his own line, and my only options are to ram him or to nail the brakes and try to dodge him (which places me off in the grass, he furthers his lead. If these weren't stupid little 4 lap races I'd be happy to stay on his ass for 10 laps and wait for him to screw up.

The rules for 'blocking' are pretty easy.. you can make 1 move to block, and the only other move you can make is back to the racing line, as long as he is adhering to this, then you just need to change your tactics, If you have the handling advantage, drop back a fraction so you can maximise your extra momentum around the corner.. If he's quite erratic in braking and corner lines, take advantage by finding a better line (maybe go wide, then cut back in).. It's frustrating to be stuck behind someone, but if they are good at blocking, like in most motorsports, it's a skill in itself.

If he's just randomly blocking and weaving around, then he's a tool, and well, you probably want to join in more organised forums races etc, you can't expect joe public to be as disciplined as you are!..

If you want to add me and gift me one I'll put the setup on there. It'll stay unlocked.

Sounds cool, didn't know that unlocking setups works like this, I'll add you tomorrow, today is FFXIII time. :)
About the overtaking I agree with phil-t, you just have to try get passed in the corners inside or outside without intentionally ramming the other guy off road. 👍
Also jay sux lol
Huh? :D

So who here uses this controller layout?

left trigger - clutch
right trigger - hand brake
left analog - steering
right analog - /\gas \/brake.
left bumper - shift up
right bumper - shift down

My Gran Turismo days taught me how to use the analog for go and stop :)

Nope, I use the default as I prefer the trigger control of throttle/brake. Plus you can't do any "left foot" braking with your setup...

No clutch for me. I'd maybe use it if I had a wheel (with an H-gate, obviously), but I don't think I'd have the clutch enabled online, as its just one other thing to screw up.

Just picked this up again this morning after losing all motivation when I hit level 50. I've only got half of r2 and r1 left to go, so maybe i'll finish soon.

Back