Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
SRT10 Ram v. Ford GT?

So my last race of the night A/E Multiclass, I had been racing with this guy HappierBigDaddy pretty much all night. For whatever reason he only ever drives the Saleen S331 (truck) or the Audi Q7, sometimes a random muscle car. In this last race, we were both in A class along with one player who had just joined in the last couple races and an AI car. He has the Q7, I grab my 1047hp SRT10 Ram to play around with him. (9.4L Hemi, supercharged :sly:)

The other player in our class has a Ford GT. I'm expecting to lose to him. The race was at Sedona Club (or whatever the shorter circuit was). By the time I get moving enough to go full throttle, I'm actually on the GT's rear bumper. I brake early, he runs a little wide, and he gets me out of the turn since my tires are still cold and I can't hardly put down nearly 1100hp out of a 30mph turn. Anyway this guy gets a decent lead on me that lap. I catch up on the backside of the track, run right up onto his bumper again on the straight (doing something like 160mph and climbing), I brake...he brakes...He braked too late and hits the wall straight ahead. Doesn't even make it into the sand. Priceless. I won and my best lap was two seconds faster.

There are quite a few [twerps] on there who are either far too overconfident or too concerned for their position on the track that they often mess things up for themselves or for the people around them. Normally I wait for these guys to bork on the last lap, and then make my move.

Still, I really do love driving a stupid car and totally owning everyone else out on the track. There is just some kind of odd, sick reward in it.

ALWAYS a blast beating punks with leaderboard cars. Just killed an R8 5.2 at Suzuka East in my Eagle Talon's debut race. And I was 100hp short of what his car was stock.

So tonight has been absolutely terrible. Either little bumps mid-corner putting me out of a podium finish or just terrible driving on my part. I don't know what's up.

Anyone feel like racing? I just got my NAT to open (for anyone having problems, only have one setting changed at a time when you go through the various guides out there. UPnP won't work with port forwarding) and I have a race set up similar to the 1 Lap Magic/3 Lap Battles of GT4. Don't worry, you won't have to wait 120 seconds for the race to start ;)

I should clarify: I'm too cheap to spend $90-100 on the Xbox wireless adaptor, so I have my laptop with wireless internet bridged to my Xbox with an ethernet cable. It wasn't working for the longest time, but when I turned off port forwarding, it finally switched from strict to open.

It may very well work normally, but with my setup, it was breaking the network.

Can't seem to find any videos of the fastest laps (/drivers) in Forza.. can somebody throw some links? Bit of bored here and would be interesting to see some quality laps in F3 👍

Also, is there some drivers that are considered to be amongst 'the best'?

You can download replays from the leaderboard.

Update:
The wait is over. Production hoppers are up :).
i.e. no tuning, no upgrades, everbody in the same car 👍.

List so far:
Ferrari Dino @ Catalunya National
Renault Clio @ New York
Mugen Integra @ Road Atlanta Short
TVR Tuscan @ Sunset Penninsula
Mini Cooper @ Silverstone
Lotus Elan @ Iberian Mini
Corvette GS @ Silverstone
Maxda MX5 @ Sedona Club
Ferrari F355 @ Maple Valley
R3 Subaru @ Mugello
69' charger @ road america
09 Focus RS @ Camino Viejo Short Reverse
Audi #1 S4 Race car @ Sunset Full Reverse
Ford GT @ Road Atlanta
Scion Tc @ Ladera Test Track Reverse (not sure which section)
S15 on Motegi East
Evora on Motegi Full
Civic 06 on Suzuka East
R33 on Tsukuba Full
S281E on Sebring Full
Tom's MRS on Suzuka West
Corvette C4 GS on Silverstone International (Just clarifying the track variant)
Tuscan on Sunset Full (Just clarifying the track variant)
NSX-R on Suzuka Full
DB9 on Silverstone Full
Diablo GTR @ Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
VW scirocco GT @ Camino Full Circuit Reverse
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4156323.aspx

Last edited:
Try Daveyskills and GSR D4rK Sp33D

But yeah, there's not many youtube vids with the gamertags.

I could record one if you want.

Just picked up (well a few days ago) a 360 and FM3, getting on with the single player at the moment, but anyone who wants to add me for when I do get around to on-line my gamertag is ScaffGTP.

Quite impressed with what I have found with the game so far.

Scaff

Just picked up (well a few days ago) a 360 and FM3, getting on with the single player at the moment, but anyone who wants to add me for when I do get around to on-line my gamertag is ScaffGTP.

Quite impressed with what I have found with the game so far.

Scaff

Added...

Feel free to add me as well. I'm always looking for a good race (without all the ramming that's so present with most online races)

;)

Sure, pic one of the best ones 👍

Here's one I found to be going on with. 2nd place amongst the top guys in the T10 comp.

With it being a full game there's so many combos and a lot are dominated by AWD and heavily tuned cars on the normal tables.

T10 hold a stock TT each week so I think that would be better to watch. I'll add some soon.

Edit: Stock laps with the Ferrari 250 TT Daveyskills and Dark Speed plus some others with a FXX anf Golf GTI.

Last edited:
Playing the new "Cycled Production" (I think that's the right name) hopper, and its a blast. Everyone drives the same stock car. Best addition to the game since Multiclass. And the races are pretty long. 8 laps on Mugello, for example. And they do a good job pairing cars with tracks. Delta Integrale on Mugello, DB9 on Silverstone, NSX-R GT at Suzuka, Seat Leon SC at Catalunya, etc etc etc...

I hate how long it takes to jump into a race in Forza 3. In Forza 2 I could jump into a game within afew minutes. In Forza 3 I sit and wait, half the time being dumped into a room with no one in it.

The stock hopper is a great addition, but it still takes way too long to get into a race. I would race online a lot more, but I tend to get bored waiting and just find a friend to race with.

Why oh why, Turn 10, can't you bring back Private Rooms that you can open to the public like it was in Forza 2?

;)

I hate how long it takes to jump into a race in Forza 3. In Forza 2 I could jump into a game within afew minutes. In Forza 3 I sit and wait, half the time being dumped into a room with no one in it.

The stock hopper is a great addition, but it still takes way too long to get into a race. I would race online a lot more, but I tend to get bored waiting and just find a friend to race with.

Why oh why, Turn 10, can't you bring back Private Rooms that you can open to the public like it was in Forza 2?

;)

www.portforward.com

Find your router and find FM3. I changed some things according to that and no longer get put by myself.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of engine transplants? At least a list of which cars you can swap the various different Stock Car engines into?

;)

UGH. Anyone know of a way to unlock the 'Connoisseur' achievement withpout having to buy the DLC cars? I'm not saving up millions just so I can get the single cars from each exotics manufacturer :(

UGH. Anyone know of a way to unlock the 'Connoisseur' achievement withpout having to buy the DLC cars? I'm not saving up millions just so I can get the single cars from each exotics manufacturer :(

You don't have to purchase the DLC cars to unlock that, at least, you really shouldn't have to (nor need to) considering that achievement was there even before the Hot Holidays pack hit the Marketplace.

I've got at least 1 car from every manufacturer and still nothing. I've read a few bits online that have said you may have to buy the DLC cars too....

Hm. Just checked around FM.net, and you may have to delete (and of course download it again once you've gotten the achievement) the Exotic Car DLC (if you have it) because that appears to be the problem.

Hm. Just checked around FM.net, and you may have to delete (and of course download it again once you've gotten the achievement) the Exotic Car DLC (if you have it) because that appears to be the problem.

I've done that, still not got the achievement. :(

EDIT: Got it now, had to delete the World Class, Exotic and Summer Velocity packs!

Last edited:
Just curious if this is happening to anyone else. I have a problem with the Takata SuperGT NSX. More accurately, when applying a livery to the left side of the car I can only put decals on the side skirt, I can't put decals on the door (or the rest of the side) no matter how hard I try.

Anyone else finding this?

Just curious if this is happening to anyone else. I have a problem with the Takata SuperGT NSX. More accurately, when applying a livery to the left side of the car I can only put decals on the side skirt, I can't put decals on the door (or the rest of the side) no matter how hard I try.

Anyone else finding this?

Some (and I'm being very generous by saying that) cars suffer from, well, effed up layer mapping. Right off the bat, I'd suggest trying to apply decals to the left or right of the car from the Top/Hood. Weird? Yes....but most of the cars suffer from that kind of layering mishap.

For instance, try (if you have the DLC) putting a decal onto the lower left or right side of the MP4-12C and you'll see the decal starts to disappear underneath as you go farther to the left or right. Know why? Because you have to apply that decal from the Left section. :grumpy:

Thanks, glad it's not just me. You're right some of the layer mapping is funny, particularly when it comes to the centre line of the cars.

I think I'll just use a different car.

Back