Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Whatever Forza 3 will be, one is for sure that it will be #1 racing game as usual

That's a pretty bold statement. I have little doubt forza 3 will be a good/great game, but best racing game?

Particularly when you throw in the 'as usual remark'.

Thanks to the subjective element, its hard to say that any game is the best 'for sure'.

MS E3 Press conference (ign live blog ) :

(11:24:21 AM): Lots of neat edits, one car slammed into a wall and debris flew all over the place. Car lifted off the track.

(11:23:09 AM): New features, like creating and uploading high definition video. Showing off examples of what editors can create using the video editor. Well there are a number of cars racing around doing fancy stunts and such with a music overlay.

(11:22:11 AM): Showing a video of talking about how nice the car creator is. There have been 4 million views of Forza community videos.

(11:21:15 AM): One button driving to make it easy for beginners to play. Forza's new features online allow for more connectivity, talking about car customization.

(11:20:06 AM): using the Red Audi in the game. Flipping between third and first person views. Can move your head around when in 1st person. The side rear view mirrors on the car work, let you see behind you. An all new graphics engine, 60 frames per second. 400 cars from 50 manufacturers.

(11:19:03 AM): Dan Greenawalk, game director to take the stage. Ok a door on the stage just opened up and Dan walked out with smoke all over and what looks to be a brand new sports car behind him. An Audi. Saying Forza 3 will be the definitive racing game of this generation. Has the game up and running.

Confirmed:

- Cars can lift and roll
- Cockpit camera
- In-game HD video editor (looked like a lot of camera freedom) with upload function
- Alfa Romeo!
- Some very tight mountain/town tracks, possibly p2p?

Looks good, but the prerendered driving did look very arcadey. They did mention physics, so I hope that part is just for show and not representative of the actual game.

It has that Heroic driving flick thing that NFS had (you can flick the car 180 and do stunts) but that could be considered arcadey.

They made a big claim... Best graphics and physics in a racing game on this generations consoles. Um... GT5P? :dunce:

F3 looks like NFSHP2 with coastal road courses etc.. I wish GT would have point to point stuff like that.

PD better show GT5 to hit back!!

As for other MS stuff they really are ramping up the 360 with all the benefits of the causal gamer Wii stuff and total motion control without controller... now im starting to get tempted! Sony do something!

Robin.

Its sounding great. Vehicles could lift in Forza 1 and 2 and even do wheelies off the line if tuned correctly. I cant believe Forza 1, Forza 2, and 3 will be out before GT5.
Pics and info are coming up very soon on the Forza sites.
Official Site and info. Looking even better than I expected. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/default.htm

Last edited:
The game actually looked exactly what I would have wanted from a modern day NFS title.

I know! So far it looks like everything I wanted a new NFS title to be... which is a remake of Hot Pursuit 2... Pity is exclusively on 360. If it also has multi-stage point to point (like NFS1) I will die!

I like that you can flip cars,

still 8 cars on track
seems graphics are still worse then GT5P even.
but you have damage,
customization
etc etc

a must buy !

By the way, it does not say on website anything about DAY and NIGHT cycles and weather.:ouch:

All it is Forza 2 with new skin and updated physics.. no night and rain will really piss me off, still must buy.

pitpass1_4.jpg

Look at the road and grass details, i say: epic fail :P

Frankly, my first thought was of GRID. Trust me, that is NOT a bad thing (outside of PGR4, its my favorite racing game - ever). The graphics look gorgeous, the physics appear to be GRID-like, and the new painting process appears to be even more in-depth... Which will make my car creations much, much more easier to pull off.

I'm looking forward to the car and track lists. From the video(s), we could already see the Maserati GT, Corvette ZR1, R8 V10, among others. This is going to be a very strong title, and if the change from FM1 --> FM2 will be any sign to what can (and likely will) happen between FM2 --> FM3... I expect wonderful things.

Hey Polyphony, its your turn to convince me to buy a PS3.

RE: Weather

If it has/had/will have it, that would be great. It was a nice touch in PGR4, adding an extra level of difficulty to some courses.

I am surprised they said best car graphics on a console. I love the Forza series but thats a bold statement. Sure might be the best right now but I am almost positive GT5 will have better graphics when its finally released.
Will be interresting to see how it turns out. I just hope they take their time and dont try to rush to get it out by October.

Gran Turismo HD which came out when the PS3 launched (2006) had better graphics than what I'm seeing in Forza 3 so far which still look a little cartoony bright, (best car graphics on a console) is very bold indeed.

Don't get me wrong though, I like what I see so far but they are not quite in the same level as PD graphically. It just seems to me that Forza 3 is what Forza 2 should have been at least in terms of the graphics jump.

It will be nice to finally have cockpit view, an improved damage engine, and more tracks than Forza 2.

More cars on track would have been nice also.

People are going to nitpick FM's graphics, but from an objective standpoint, FM's visuals are good enough that high-speed races (in which so much is happening that details like grass will go mostly unnoticed) on FM3 and GT5P appear to be on the same level to the vast majority of the world's gamers. Both are exhilarating for long-time gamers, and utterly jaw-dropping for people new to this generation's racing games.

Unless PD pulls out some monster features, FM3 and GT5 will appear to be basically the same experience for most of the world, and the simple fact for most people waffling between the two will be that if you pick up FM3, you can start racing in October, whereas GT5 will be available, at the earliest, a few months later.

The fact is, now, that PD and Sony are aware that GT5 must give people a reason to hold out for it. They know it, and the stage is set for some serious mind blowing on PD's part. Let's hope they bring it!

I didn't see the Forza3 presentation and am dying for some video, but are you saying it looks better then GT5p right now? but might not look better then GT5 in the future?
I am surprised they said best car graphics on a console. I love the Forza series but thats a bold statement. Sure might be the best right now but I am almost positive GT5 will have better graphics when its finally released.
Will be interresting to see how it turns out. I just hope they take their time and dont try to rush to get it out by October.

That's the thing - they're playing a major upset card on the PD folks. Especially for people like me, who have avoided buying a PS3 since there has yet to be a GT5. If FM3 is going to deliver even at 95% of GT5, its still here earlier, and it will run on equipment I already have.

Thing is now, I think I'm going to need to buy a wheel for the 360. Srsly.

EDIT:

RE: FM3 Trailer

From what I've seen it doesn't look as good as GT5:P, it doesn't look bad and anyone that says it does isn't being neutral but from what I've seen (so it could just be the video quality I saw it on) it doesn't look as good as GT5:P.

From what I've seen it doesn't look as good as GT5:P, it doesn't look bad and anyone that says it does isn't being neutral but from what I've seen (so it could just be the video quality I saw it on) it doesn't look as good as GT5:P.
I don't think it looks as good. But I also don't care about graphics as long as they aren't horrible.

It looks like I may be busy this winter with both GT5 and F3. Although I hope F3 doesn't have the rushed to shelf feel that F2 did.

I guess the next question is will it support a wheel with 6 speed and clutch
I don't think it looks as good. But I also don't care about graphics as long as they aren't horrible.

It looks like I may be busy this winter with both GT5 and F3. Although I hope F3 doesn't have the rushed to shelf feel that F2 did.

So I get now Forza 3 not only have damage but the cars are flippable? And Ferrari doesnt allow damage on Gran Turismo?! :odd::confused:

That's the thing - they're playing a major upset card on the PD folks. Especially for people like me, who have avoided buying a PS3 since there has yet to be a GT5. If FM3 is going to deliver even at 95% of GT5, its still here earlier, and it will run on equipment I already have.

Thing is now, I think I'm going to need to buy a wheel for the 360. Srsly.

EDIT:

RE: FM3 Trailer

While that is a great trailer, there is no denying that the shooting style is a complete rip off of Gran Turismo. Everything from the camera movements of the R10 to the sudden change in action & drifting, it all looked very much like an attempt at creating GT editing.

Reventón;3412426
While that is a great trailer, there is no denying that the shooting style is a complete rip off of Gran Turismo. Everything from the camera movements of the R10 to the sudden change in action & drifting, it all looked very much like an attempt at creating GT editing.
That's exactley what I thought when I saw it. It's a vast improvment over how they have presented Forza in the past though.

That's exactley what I thought when I saw it. It's a vast improvment over how they have presented Forza in the past though.
True, but they could have at least thought of some originality. Even the video showing the damage seemed a tad GT-ish. However, my issue with that video is how the physics are being represented in it. Not all cars do 360's & such like its nothing.... 👎

That video was completley manipulated though and I doubt it is any way a reflection of how the cars will actually handle in the game. They didn't look like they handled bad in the vidoe posted here. I don't think using similar camera work to PD's is a big deal though, that's like saying every movie that has any slow motion in it is unforgivably ripping off whoever did it first. I don't blame them for using other peoples techniques to thier own advantage, and we're assuming that Turn10 created thoes clips. A lot of the time things like creating video clips and what not are outsourced to companies that deal more solely with videos and animations.

Back