Forza Motorsport 4 Color Creation Database [Work in Progress]

6728340751_d52ed7c14b_b.jpg

this is what ive been using. I know its not an exact replica but i think its pretty close.

for the top part
Hue: 0.33
Saturation: 0.15
Brightness: 1.00

This is for the bottom tone.
Hue: 0.0
Sat: 0.0
Brightness 0.50

very nice job! idk if is the lighting in the FM4 but..some metalic paints are really hard to looks like a metalic paint. i mean....only if it have some light in some specific area will reveal the of glow metalic paint (not all of them, only the more briliant colours)

Sounds about right to me. My nissan had Deep Evergreen as its color. Most of the time it looked black, some of the time it looked green and only occasionally if the sun was bright enough and I was squinting my eyes just right, I could see the metallic flake in the paint.

Emberglo Metallic [Ford]

Color 1

Hue: .01R
Saturation: .87L
Brightness: .53L

Color 2

Saturation: .88L
Brightness: .49L

* Use any two-tone special color. You can adjust each color by pressing X or Y.

sorry for being thick, how do you add the second colour and which colour to choose to start from??

and does anyone have imperial blue for ford focus mk1 rs?

When painting, go to special colours. You can get to special colours by pressing LB or RB. It should be the tab before manufacturer colours. Just pick one of those colours. These colors contain two colours in one (so to speak), which you can edit. Press X to edit Colour 1 and Y to edit Colour 2. Does that help?

brilliant mate, thanks very much will have a go later.

Does anyone have that Ford Imperial Blue used for the Focus RS MK1? :)

ford-focus-467.jpg
[/IMG]

Emberglo Metallic [Ford]

Color 1

Saturation: .87L
Brightness: .53L

Color 2

Saturation: .88L
Brightness: .49L

I think you might have found the wrong color. That is a really nice looking deep red, but the Emberglow Metalic is a orange/copperish color.

DSC04434.jpg

Holy crap after almost three weeks I finished the update.
I had to redo the entire sheet since it wouldn't let edit my first one, but from now on I shouldn't have any problems keeping it more or less regularly updated.
Here it is!

If you (or anyone else) have time, I'm hoping someone can do Viper Red Clearcoat, as shown on this classic work of art. :P
Red_Dodge_Viper_GTS.jpg

DJ I got
.01L
.88M
.85M

Let me know what you think, looks pretty close to me.
Also, Mr. T how do you get the color for wheels? I can not for the life of me get a good sample.

I pity the fool that doesn't know how to work the eyedropper.

No? Okay, moving on. :lol:

Like getting the colors for the cars (which I now have down to a blatant science) it's nothing but trial and error. For gold wheels you want to sample both the light and mid to dark tones. You can vary what you sample depending on how light, dark, or close you want it to the real thing you're trying to replicate.

What are you trying to sample? And, I know, I have to get back to updating this with new colors.

I pity the fool that doesn't know how to work the eyedropper.

No? Okay, moving on. :lol:

Like getting the colors for the cars (which I now have down to a blatant science) it's nothing but trial and error. For gold wheels you want to sample both the light and mid to dark tones. You can vary what you sample depending on how light, dark, or close you want it to the real thing you're trying to replicate.

What are you trying to sample? And, I know, I have to get back to updating this with new colors.
I'm trying to get the color of the STi gold wheels but I either get it too dark too light too white or 🤬 brown.

How do you get the numbers for Brightness and Saturation? Im using GIMP and it gives me a static 1-100 number so I am wondering where you get the .66(L,M,R) from.

Ok I was thinking that might be what it was. Just play around with them til it feels right.

Grey Violet [Bentley]

Color 1

Hue: .72R
Saturation: .84M
Brightness: .56R

Color 2

Hue: .67L
Saturation: .21M
Brightness: .98L

Avus Blau Metallic [BMW]

Hue: .61R
Saturation: .83R
Brightness: .41M

* Also works in a gloss alternative.

Deep Purple [Plymouth]

Hue: .75L
Saturation: .81R
Brightness: .38L

I have a few questions concerning the contents of this thread:

1. Is there a full organized database of all the colors found in here yet?

2. How would one go about finding a color they want to use and replicate in FM4? Specifically, lets say I want a specific color (obviously not listed in here yet), how do I find the best image to correctly "extract" that color and figure out the input for FM4, would a simple Google Image search do the trick or is there more madness to getting the right color to match? I hope this was a clear enough question heh.

Got it, sorry to bother you haha. I checked a couple of posts in this thread of colors (posted by you) and was asking if there was a database because those same color codes weren't listed in the original post of this thread. Just a heads up I guess.

Hey Frizbe, I was finally able to get around testing what you got for Viper Red Clearcoat. It came out nicely! ...although, I will say that Turn 10 must've gotten it spot on when they modeled the Viper GTS ACR. There was very little difference in the custom color and what they had selected for the available colors.

Back