Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
Wouldn't hold my breath for it though. FM3:UE didn't go down well with the Forza community at all, if I recall correctly.

By the way people, what do you think of the easy (around a month with 4 people) porting of FM5 to PC with DX12. They used a Titan GPU but still it's an impressive feat. Do you think it is a hint for a PC porting?

I would hate my self to death if I buy an Xbox one and a TM TX just to find out a pc version comes and I don't need them later :P

Wouldn't hold my breath for it though. FM3:UE didn't go down well with the Forza community at all, if I recall correctly.
I did remember some during FM4's days that they wanted a UE version of FM4 badly. :)

I really wish they'd bring back the FM3 Ultimate Edition trend to FM5 AND 4. What a sweet treat that'll be. 👍
Agreed. :D Plus, it'll generate good sales for T10 as well. 👍

I did remember some during FM4's days that they wanted a UE version of FM4 badly. :)
Did some further research and it seems the community went ape over 10 cars that could only obtained through buying the UE verion of FM3 and Turn10 basically ignoring the criticism. Anyway, an UE of FM4 would be absolutely fantastic, even this late in to the game's life. The same goes for FM5, which could convice me getting a 'bone, eventually.

Did some further research and it seems the community went ape over 10 cars that could only obtained through buying the UE verion of FM3 and Turn10 basically ignoring the criticism. Anyway, an UE of FM4 would be absolutely fantastic, even this late in to the game's life. The same goes for FM5, which could convice me getting a 'bone, eventually.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. :P I think it was 3 cars that were obtainable if you bought the UE version of FM3.

If T10 ever does make a UE for FM5, I hope they don't pull that stunt again.

Last edited:
Ya I remember that stunt. I had bought the LCE of Forza 3 along with all DLC and then they brought out that with 3 exclusive cars. :mad: :lol:

We should get this out to the official forums. FM5 is a mixed bag for some, who knows .. T10 might be keen on bagging additional sales with a FM4 UE. <---- IMO still THE Forza game with the best car/track collection. Wait.. actually now that I think about it FM3 prolly had the best track collection, but FM4 is a close second. On tracks AND cars, FM4 takes the cake.

I think it was on the reverse version, you'd be coming over a brow of a hill into a long-ish right hander and the car would settle into such a lovely bit of roll-induced oversteer, nothing dramatic, just a languid, long slide before you straightened up to cross the little bridge.

I remember that one! Thanks for sparking old memories. I think I'll have a go in FM3 today!

I drive only stock cars though - can't digest the fact modded cars do not sound different at all! Ah... the nitpickers among us! :D

I'm afraid I can't go along with you on that. I've actually tested this in detail at one point, with just race exhaust upgrades.. then with full cam upgrades AND race exhausts. Virtually no difference at all. The cams only raise the revs that's all. Turned the sound way up with higher mids and treble to see if any changes. :banghead:

No sir, none. Fans complained about this on forums too. There was something in the reviews as well. Not all of course.

Doubt if it was a development oversight. Stuff like this seriously ticks me off.. I mean what were the devs thinking, really?! :mad:

Oh yeah, the pops and bangs do come, thank God, they decided to include that. FM2's pipe and upgrade sounds were quite nice. Unfortunately, in FM3's case, the pops and bangs is all your hear.

I was playing FM3 just today, driving around on Positano, taking a few rides for a spin at The Ring... it still looks graphically very impressive. And the sounds are great too.. as long as you're driving stock cars!

Oh, here's another example: was driving a stock supra. Then picked the Top Secret Supra.. and the only difference was a super loud turbo/intercooler.

^^ How friggin bizarre! :eek:

That's what I like in drivatar that they can make mistakes and push too much the car. It gives you that pseudo sensation that you are up against other players.

Oh, here's another example: was driving a stock supra. Then picked the Top Secret Supra.. and the only difference was a super loud turbo/intercooler.

^^ How friggin bizarre! :eek:[/quote]

Sorry i have too call BS because the Top secret Supra's engine noise is freaking awesome. Turbospooling whisteling etc are all very present in that car.

Scroll up and read the entire discussion.

We're not critisizing the turbo or engine sounds, but the LACK of any audible difference after engine/exhaust upgrades. *FM3*

Nice try. :lol:

Speedster, I have to apologise. When I was talking about race exhausts for whatever dumb reason I was on about 5 not 3. :dunce:

I am amazed at how these cars can round a turn as the wheels remain basically straight! Or how a 1,000 hp monster has so much trouble smoking the tires.

Back