Forza Motorsport 5 Pictures Thread

• Thread starter King1982
  • 1,011 comments
Gamescom Demo. Spa confirmed.

Sheesh, King, just post links to the videos you're taking the caps from.

a4656bf9-5042-4c08-8425-8e7690d8ffb7.jpg

Last edited:
I would be shocked if they went into that much detail. Also where did Dan confirm that our tuned liveried vehicles would be visible in autovista? I have been on vacation for a week so I must have missed that info.
Also any confirmation on car list yet? I am guessing maybe 400-500 cars if we are lucky. I will be very surprised if we get more cars that that when F5 launches since they are all in autovista.

I remember Dan talking about it in one of the interviews at E3. They said 120 new cars. I think we will get about 400 cars at launch.

Found this and it looks like one of the fm4 Homespaces..

00027635.Ferrari.F12.Berlinetta.jpg

Last edited:
Excuse me but I made a little comparison side by side between Forza 5 and pCARS.

pCARS pre-alpha build 567 pics are in game with all settings maxed out on my PC at 1080p without editing. (made 10 minutes ago, it took me like 2 hours to get the right angles because there is no photomode)

This was intended to show the quality of both games and the level of detail of the cars, no more no less.

Forza 5:
14Cu4Al.jpg

pCARS (I put 2 here because of the lighting):
NIrIdXs.jpg

JPtKMPM.jpg

Forza 5:
oTCsdWR.jpg

pCARS:
gRrnZyz.jpg

Forza 5:
otcI3Fg.jpg

pCARS:
0WUj8OW.jpg

Forza 5:
YoK2kUY.jpg

pCARS:
aPgIzzb.jpg

If any of you find an HD quality picture of the cockpit from the Huayra put it here because I already made some from inside and a lot more.

Examples:
tGHzPPO.jpg

MxruBZ3.jpg

2vwJj7C.jpg

That´s it.

Great stuff mate. Thanks for those pics. Imo Forza wins, but the difference is very marginal. In ten years we will not be able to tell these games apart.

This pic is stunning

NIrIdXs.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff mate. Thanks for those pics. Imo Forza wins, but the difference is very marginal. In ten years we will not be able to tell these games apart.

This pic is stunning

NIrIdXs.jpg

Thanks. Yes I think the Forza 5 models are way more detailed when you look at the minor parts and fine details.
Yet pCARS looks pretty good if you max out the game of course.

The thing is that I´m not sure of how much of the overall detail Forza 5 will retain while driving with the rest of the cars. I saw game-plays and it looks very good...yet it doesn´t look as "organic" in a "natural and realistically way" if you know what I mean.

In pCARS happens the same...cars won´t loose detail and the HDR makes the cars look realistic (as in mine pictures) but the colour palette in the textures of the environment is not so good. Same happens with trees which are half 3D and half 2D texture. (I´m a graphics whore have in mind that)

I also removed the lens flares (in the game configuration) because I hate when they add that to racing games...is not realistic...they try to make the game look shiny or "better" by adding that somehow but it ends up very overloaded in my opinion.

I like how organic Gran Turismo tries to be but yet we have to dismiss GT6 this time until the next gen version so we can compare again with these 3 games. (It now suffers from low upscaled resolution, low resolution textures, low polygon count, filters, etc...mostly in the environment)

Drive Club looks quite organic/natural as well but need to see how detailed the cars are closely.

As you said, not sure if 10 years...I believe in less than 5 years all major racing games will look almost photorealistic. GT5 started with that on its low resolution, Assetto Corsa is close but not too much, pCARS is getting there and Forza 5/Drive Club made the jump.

Remember that I´m not comparing the games to say which one looks better or "is the best"...is just to look at them, how beautiful they are and how graphics are progressing.

Amazing, isn´t it? 👍

I don't think the Forza series will ever be photorealistic. Dan and crew seem to have it in their heads that FM needs to be diametrically opposed to GT in ever conceivable way because realism scares people (even though the last iteration of GT has sold more by itself than all the FM games combined).

FM may get incrementally better car models and rounder tire barriers, but I don't think their ugly, overblown and childishly flashy HDR "lighting" model is likely to change. A realistic white-balance doesn't turn car lovers into gamers, huge lens-flares do, apparently.

Last edited:
Played forza 5 this weekend at the ALMS/WEC race in Austin. Looks great, and was very impressed with it. Wasn't really paying attention to game play holding autovista level of detail but it what i saw was very nice. No videos or pics, sun glare was not being kind and it would be the same stuff everyone has seen. As for the xbox one it self, the control is very comfortable.

I think they had assists and crap on so they could heard people through faster. I couldn't change to manual or check what was on. So i used the E-tron on Laguna, It was still a challenge to keep it on course. Was doing a lot steering to keep it straight out of turns. It's defiantly an upgrade. Tire physics i think is what was giving the most feel of control loss, i could feel a slight roll to the car in turns. watching some of the other people playing you could see the body roll in the SL 300.

(even though the last iteration of GT has sold more by itself than all the FM games combined).

I hate when people say this when they have no facts. There are no exact sales figures for the forza franchise available, yet people claim to know what they are.

Here's a fact for you that you can actually check yourself - Over 4.5 million people have played FM4, look on the leaderboards.

I think they had assists and crap on so they could heard people through faster. I couldn't change to manual or check what was on. So i used the E-tron on Laguna, It was still a challenge to keep it on course. Was doing a lot steering to keep it straight out of turns. It's defiantly an upgrade. Tire physics i think is what was giving the most feel of control loss, i could feel a slight roll to the car in turns. watching some of the other people playing you could see the body roll in the SL 300.

Sounds good. Hope it plays well with wheels.

Last edited:
... because realism scares people (even though the last iteration of GT has sold more by itself than all the FM games combined).

Are you saying GT = realism? Wow!

I do have to give credit to PD though, they sure know how to market their game. The whole GT Academy thing and the slogan "The Real Driving Simulator" has many believing it's a training simulator. Great marketing.

And my BMW is the best performance car on the road because BMW calls it "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Just saying...

I hate when people say this when they have no facts. There are no exact sales figures for the forza franchise available, yet people claim to know what they are.

Here's a fact for you that you can actually check yourself - Over 4.5 million people have played FM4, look on the leaderboards.
Sales aren't a good way to measure quality, either way.

Also, as far as the driving goes, I'd say that FM4 beats GT5 in terms of realism, but that's just my opinion.

Are you saying GT = realism? Wow!

I do have to give credit to PD though, they sure know how to market their game. The whole GT Academy thing and the slogan "The Real Driving Simulator" has many believing it's a training simulator. Great marketing.

And my BMW is the best performance car on the road because BMW calls it "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Just saying...

Lemme quote the first sentence of my post:

"I don't think the Forza series will ever be photorealistic."

Lemme quote the first sentence of my post:

"I don't think the Forza series will ever be photorealistic."

...and I'll quote the second part.

Dan and crew seem to have it in their heads that FM needs to be diametrically opposed to GT in ever conceivable way because realism scares people .

Too late to try and twist the context. :lol:

Anyway back to comparing forza with another game (that isn't GT).. what settings was P.Cars on for those photos? Finding it hard to believe it's that close between the two if pcars is maxed out.

The engine model is Pcars is also much more accurate I think. Even the hose clips are there

2012 engine
2012-pagani-huayra-108.jpg

aPgIzzb.jpg

Last edited:
...and I'll quote the second part.

Too late to try and twist the context. :lol:
May as well make it a threesome. I've italicized the parts that aren't about physics.

"FM may get incrementally better car models and rounder tire barriers, but I don't think their ugly, overblown and childishly flashy HDR "lighting" model is likely to change. A realistic white-balance doesn't turn car lovers into gamers, huge lens-flares do, apparently."

That looks pretty decent. Man T10 better make sure there's some new bodykits for those babies. Cant wait to tune them and master them on SpaHurst. :cheers:;)

idwtIz7RI7j53.jpg

Did some editing

v4AbhvU.jpg

vgBmUmH.jpg

RUTCauc.jpg

ax5wi3v.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone want to take a similar shot with FM4 assets to see if there are any noticeable improvements?

Back