Forza Motorsport 6 Alpinestars Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 154 comments

Let's start with a car that I never saw coming - despite wanting it to be in a driving game oh so very much. The Alfa 75 has an igominious reputation as a car usually driven by ne'er do wells here in Italy - a powerful engine and a large boot tend to that. But for many Italian gearheads it's also synonymous with cheap, (relatively) high-powered RWD hooning, and after taking it for a spin around the 'ring I can see why. It's by no means a fast car, but it surely feels like one. And the sound of the 2.5 litres Busso V6 is a melody unlike any other.

Way before our age of LS-swapped Miatas, was the era of British lightweight spiders which got a Ford Windsor shoehorned in. The Sunbeam Tiger is arguably one of the most famous examples of the tendency. While hearing the rumble of a Mustang V8 come out of this is a jarring experience, this old girl handles very smoothly, and goes like lightning as soon as it has the necessary room to stretch her legs.

This third-gen Corolla is another car I didn't expect to see in Forza, but I'm glad it found its way in our virtual garages. It's so cute! But it has some bite... Good handling abilities and a nice sound will get any car a long way with me, and the SR5 lacks neither. Hopefully the chance to have some door-to-door action in it will come sooner than later.

I have to admit: I never understood why people hated the Aztek so much. I always said to myself, "I get it, it's ugly, but it's not THAT ugly". Boy, was I wrong. Finally seeing it in 3d (if not in the flesh) made me realize that there is no reedeming feature on this... Lump's aesthetics. And its driving characteristics don't do it any favors. Can you believe the guy in charge of the Aztek's design team went on to sculpt the beautiful lines of the C7 Corvette? Me neither.

To me, the SVX is one of the cars most representative of the 90s. It's a nice ride, with firm handling and the flat-6 rumble one would expect from a Porsche, but not from a Subaru - especially one that was sold alongside the Brat.

Weird as it may be (let's not forget it's essentially a racing Thunderbird), the Mercury Cougar was a pleasant surprise. Good handling (with a slight tendency towards understeer and manageable wheelspin when pushing on the gas pedal), excellent interior visibility and the torque of an electric train are all factors that are making the XR-7 my second favorite GTO car, right after the Audi 90.

Finally, there's the much-awaited Riley Mk. XXVI Daytona Prototype. I'm glad to finally see this category of motorsports represented in-game. I only had the chance to try the Chip Ganassi ride around Daytona, but I am positively impressed with how it goes - it's a lot faster than its relatively low PI rating would lead you to believe, tackling the infamous Bus Stop with incredible ease. And I can't wait for the influx of replica and original liveries to hit the Sharefront - I may even contribute to it if the painting bug will bite me!
Nice write up once again mate. @ClydeYellow Keep them coming. Good job.

I've not used the GT86.
Sport Compact is a D class division.
Mainly Japanese coupes, the Alfa Spider and Alfa Coupe.
I could've sworn that there was a 'Sport Coupe' division in Free Play that literally restricted the cars to just the Toyota GT86.

This thought just popped up in my head... It's going to be really frustrating if we don't get a NASCAR in the March Pack since the 500 is at the end of February.

Back