Forza Motorsport 6 Alpinestars Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 154 comments
I really hope I can make this:

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpeg

Would have been nice...but no :(

*Yawn* at the Facebook/You Tube comments.

Why do they not give you what you want?, cause when they do you find something new to whine about that's why.

There are plenty of cars I still want in the game, if they make it than great!, if not.. Oh well.

Guess what? Not all of us want to drive nothing but Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Some of us actually enjoy the oddball editions.

And cry me a river about the S14.

I'm one of those Ferrari and Lambo guys :dopey:, but I understand that the game has to try and accommodate as many players as possible, so I don't whine. But just between us, I am hoping for an FXXK :lol:. In the meantime, the car count is looking quite good.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving Ferraris and Lambos just as much as the next guy. :D

However I love the variety.

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually love the fact you can drive a Transit Van in this game.

It's just when people say "An Aztek has no business being in this game". Who are they to judge?

Don't like it?, go drive one of the other 500+ vehicles in this game instead.

Still making it my mission to drive every single car in this game on every track Atleast once :)

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_GetPhoto228FUGWJ.jpg

Pure beast.

I have to detune it from E300. The stock gearing is lovely. Just the sport clutch & flywheel. Crank the front ARB to nearly one lock off full, it goes where you point the nose. The sport exhaust backfires and spits all the time. I think even more than all the other coupes. I thought the Ken Meri and Hakosuka GT-Rs sounded great. This is a beast!

Now, if only I could paint the wheel centers...

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving Ferraris and Lambos just as much as the next guy. :D

However I love the variety.

Maybe I'm crazy but I actually love the fact you can drive a Transit Van in this game.

It's just when people say "An Aztek has no business being in this game". Who are they to judge?

Don't like it?, go drive one of the other 500+ vehicles in this game instead.

Still making it my mission to drive every single car in this game on every track Atleast once :)

You sir, have hit the head on the nail, eh nail on the head!:cheers: happy driving to you! :)

Finally got to play! I love how they went all out with these cars, including the Aztec! Full Forzavista and all!

The Aztec is kind of slow, but it is because of the awful long gear ratios. Once you fix that, pop a supercharger in (making about 260hp), lower the weight a bit and add good tires, the car is okay. I love how it sounds almost identical to my real-life Impala :lol: (mine has a 3.5, but it is essentially the same engine).

It's good to hop into an SVX after so long. Car looks and sounds beautiful! I have a sweet spot for these 90's Japanese GT's. Now my GTO, Fairlady Z32 and Supra have a partner to play with.

And last, the one I was waiting for. The Alfa 75. I got to say, properly tuned this car is a dream. So neutral thanks to the 50/50 weight ratio, and what a sound! I like how T10 properly modeled the brakes. You can't see any at the rear wheels since they are in-board.

Haven't tried the other cars yet. Will do tomorrow.

Last edited:
Aztec is ok in 300 class as long as you realise its a 4,000lb FWD SUV.

I think the win for this month is the Whistler Radar Cougar. Handles great but at 865 feels like it wants to spin wheels in every gear.

Aztec is ok in 300 class as long as you realise its a 4,000lb FWD SUV.

I think the win for this month is the Whistler Radar Cougar. Handles great but at 865 feels like it wants to spin wheels in every gear.
Yeah it does, that cougar is a handful but it's fun as hell. I tried it at several tracks, it was tricky at Yas Marina, it breaks loose easy. It's a lot funner on a track like Watkins Glen. 👍

Some first impressions...

Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde:
I actually think this was a necessary addition to the Alfa Romeo selection, which I felt needed a more ordinary classic next to the big 155 and sporty GTV-6. It's drives as I'd expect and the V6 ensures a relatively entertaining experience. I like how it combines practical European looks with that unmistakable passion underneath many Italian designs.

Ford Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype:
I'm amazed how unimpressed I turned out to be by this one. It's predictable in a bad way and somehow less exciting than some ordinary LMP2. Maybe I will learn to appreciate it more if I manage to catch some of the 24 hour race at Daytona this weekend.

Mercury Cougar XR-7 IMSA GT:
I knew this would be special but it still managed to blow me away. Crazy sound and performance combined with fun handling, looks awesome too. It's definitely my favorite of the four IMSA GT classics in the game. This is American race cars at some of their finest.

Pontiac Aztek:
I haven't driven this and I'm not sure I will any time soon.

Subaru SVX:
I'd buy any DLC pack for this car. I still remember when some old friends and I found it in Gran Turismo back in the late 1990s. None of us could believe it was a real car, and that's where my appreciation for the SVX started. It's awesome that this car has been added to FM6 after all these years of being nowhere to be found in console games. It drives better around a track than I'd expect after having test driven a real SVX some years ago, which mostly came across as a heavy and floaty "too much luxury, too little sport" experience. Its appealing stock appearance can be spiced up by adding some cool rims and perhaps removing the rear wing. This leaves a real visual stunner I could spend hours admiring on track or in the home space. Also, the sound is pretty close to the real thing. It's only too bad that the 1996 model year, as selected for the game, seemingly didn't come with the two-color combinations it had during it's initial years on the market. There's always custom painting though.

Sunbeam Tiger:
Don't let the cute looks of this car fool you. It's a monster and great to see another new manufacturer in FM6, but this well-handling muscle car will probably not become a regular ride of mine. I've said it before, I'm not a big fan of classic muscle cars.

Toyota Corolla SR5:
Not much to say, my parents drove this Corolla generation at some point in 1970s. I rarely go for these slow classics but I can see some potential in upgrading it. Charming little car and nice addition to the impressive variety of vintage compacts.

Last edited:
You've summed things up nicely @Nielsen; I was going to say most of that! :D

I've driven all of them, and the Aztek wasn't completely out of place stock. It lands about where I expected at Lime Rock, and isn't a completely awful steer, though that's probably because of the weight subduing any chances of outrageous activity. It's hopeless when tuned for any level, though.

The Cougar really is a blast. Love that sound. 👍

The Ford is grippy. It suits my driving style well. But, being just inside the P class, it's essentially useless against other cars. Maybe when tuned it'll present more of a challenge, but as is, I'm just disappointed I can't run it against anything.

The SVX is awesome. I've already got two, with at least one more tune planned. Swapping in the Porsche flat-six and giving it a proper six-speed and a diet turns it into a surprisingly decent sports car.

The Sunbeam undoubtedly has the meanest noise in its class. So cool.

The Alfa was a pleasant surprise, as the Milano has never been a car that really grabbed me. It was super fast at Lime Rock, posting a time near the very top of the class stock.

The Corolla is pretty blah stock – not bad, not good – but is such an excellent base for tuning. I've made a nutso V8 one as well as a high-revving four. It does it all. :D

The SVX is awesome. I've already got two, with at least one more tune planned. Swapping in the Porsche flat-six and giving it a proper six-speed and a diet turns it into a surprisingly decent sports car.

Is it a Porsche flat six? @Heldenzeit was telling me the options for it, and I figured it'd be the EZ30 - seen in the flat six Legacys/Legacies.

Quick wiki run shows that Sunbeam had a pretty interesting history (and rather surprising how little people know/care about it if Forza lady was right about the Tiger outselling the Cobra) until Chrysler destroyed it.

Seems Chrysler management has been identical for decades.

+edit
Why are the Corolla SR5 seats so familiar?

SVX
Is it a Porsche flat six? @Heldenzeit was telling me the options for it, and I figured it'd be the EZ30 - seen in the flat six Legacys/Legacies.

Well, it's a "Porsche"; the displacement isn't easy to find in FM6, but in FM5, it was a 3.6L pushing 355hp. Basically a 997-gen engine. The engine swap options in-game aren't named outright, but they're all pretty obvious. Camaro-spec LS1, 3.7L VQ from the 350Z, E46 straight six, RB26, etc etc.

I'm kind of hoping they add more historically mocked cars like the Aztek. Maybe something like a Ford Probe or a J-Body.

Truth be told, I've had ridiculous amounts of fun taking a stock Aztek out to technical tracks and watching it wallow around uncontrollably.

Quick wiki run shows that Sunbeam had a pretty interesting history (and rather surprising how little people know/care about it if Forza lady was right about the Tiger outselling the Cobra) until Chrysler destroyed it.

Seems Chrysler management has been identical for decades.

Hard to really fault Chrysler there. In the process of taking over Rootes, they ended up with a car whose main selling point was a Ford engine. Not surprisingly, they didn't wish to continue in that vein.
As an aside, the T10 car is such a late model that it has the Chrysler Pentastar on the passenger fender. I always thought they dropped the car immediately, but apparently they built a few.

The Milano sounds otherworldly. I wanted it in the game. I got it. I'm enjoying it.

The Sunbeam. No complaints. I just want to add the roll cage and tune the suspension, to still keep it legal in E Class.

The Aztek. I rode in a friends red one back in 2006. I'm glad it's getting used but, I'll pass. :D

Know what the SVX reminds me of? This:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe on eBay Photo Gallery - Autoblog.jpg

And this:
Ford Thunderbird Sc - reviews, prices, ratings with various photos.jpg

Two cars I would love to have in the game so I could do a comparison test. GNX vs Monte Carlo SS vs T-Bird(Turbo or SC) vs SVX vs Lexus SC.

The Milano sounds otherworldly. I wanted it in the game. I got it. I'm enjoying it.

The Sunbeam. No complaints. I just want to add the roll cage and tune the suspension, to still keep it legal in E Class.

The Aztek. I rode in a friends red one back in 2006. I'm glad it's getting used but, I'll pass. :D

Know what the SVX reminds me of? This:
View attachment 508428
And this:
View attachment 508429

Two cars I would love to have in the game so I could do a comparison test. GNX vs Monte Carlo SS vs T-Bird(Turbo or SC) vs SVX vs Lexus SC.

Funny you mentioned the late-model T-bird coupes, as that was where my mind went when I saw the racing Cougar.

Let's start with a car that I never saw coming - despite wanting it to be in a driving game oh so very much. The Alfa 75 has an igominious reputation as a car usually driven by ne'er do wells here in Italy - a powerful engine and a large boot tend to that. But for many Italian gearheads it's also synonymous with cheap, (relatively) high-powered RWD hooning, and after taking it for a spin around the 'ring I can see why. It's by no means a fast car, but it surely feels like one. And the sound of the 2.5 litres Busso V6 is a melody unlike any other.

Way before our age of LS-swapped Miatas, was the era of British lightweight spiders which got a Ford Windsor shoehorned in. The Sunbeam Tiger is arguably one of the most famous examples of the tendency. While hearing the rumble of a Mustang V8 come out of this is a jarring experience, this old girl handles very smoothly, and goes like lightning as soon as it has the necessary room to stretch her legs.

This third-gen Corolla is another car I didn't expect to see in Forza, but I'm glad it found its way in our virtual garages. It's so cute! But it has some bite... Good handling abilities and a nice sound will get any car a long way with me, and the SR5 lacks neither. Hopefully the chance to have some door-to-door action in it will come sooner than later.

I have to admit: I never understood why people hated the Aztek so much. I always said to myself, "I get it, it's ugly, but it's not THAT ugly". Boy, was I wrong. Finally seeing it in 3d (if not in the flesh) made me realize that there is no reedeming feature on this... Lump's aesthetics. And its driving characteristics don't do it any favors. Can you believe the guy in charge of the Aztek's design team went on to sculpt the beautiful lines of the C7 Corvette? Me neither.

To me, the SVX is one of the cars most representative of the 90s. It's a nice ride, with firm handling and the flat-6 rumble one would expect from a Porsche, but not from a Subaru - especially one that was sold alongside the Brat.

Weird as it may be (let's not forget it's essentially a racing Thunderbird), the Mercury Cougar was a pleasant surprise. Good handling (with a slight tendency towards understeer and manageable wheelspin when pushing on the gas pedal), excellent interior visibility and the torque of an electric train are all factors that are making the XR-7 my second favorite GTO car, right after the Audi 90.

Finally, there's the much-awaited Riley Mk. XXVI Daytona Prototype. I'm glad to finally see this category of motorsports represented in-game. I only had the chance to try the Chip Ganassi ride around Daytona, but I am positively impressed with how it goes - it's a lot faster than its relatively low PI rating would lead you to believe, tackling the infamous Bus Stop with incredible ease. And I can't wait for the influx of replica and original liveries to hit the Sharefront - I may even contribute to it if the painting bug will bite me!

Last edited:
Weird as it may be (let's not forget it's essentially a racing Thunderbird), the Mercury Cougar was a pleasant surprise. Good handling (with a slight tendency towards understeer and manageable wheelspin when pushing on the gas pedal), excellent interior visibility and the torque of an electric train are all factors that are making the XR-7 my second favorite GTO car, right after the Audi 90.

Under the skin, it's essentially a racing Mustang. The chassis dominated Trans-Am as a Mercury Capri and then as a Merkur XR4Ti and ran concurrently in GTO as a Mustang. When the Capri and XR4Ti went out of production, the sheetmetal was switched to Cougar.

I am honestly really excited to see how the Daytona Prototype compares to the LMPs and the old Group Cs in the game.

Okay, less excited now. I mean, I knew the LMPs and Group Cs would be faster, but it's almost shocking how slow and lumbering the DP feels in comparison. Almost like It's a fancy bodied NASCAR.

I ran a 25 lapper in it, and was not the satisfying the experience I had hoped.

Okay, less excited now. I mean, I knew the LMPs and Group Cs would be faster, but it's almost shocking how slow and lumbering the DP feels in comparison. Almost like It's a fancy bodied NASCAR.

I ran a 25 lapper in it, and was not the satisfying the experience I had hoped.

Agreed, Turn 10 posted this on their website: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_1_29_16

[NOTE: We are aware of an issue with the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype that causes it to underperform compared to its real-life capabilities. While we don’t yet have a fix for this issue, we will keep the community informed on the status of the car going forward.]

Latest Posts

Back