Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (PC) Discussion

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 753 comments

Should it be "free to play" or buy to play

• Buy to play(like how it is on consoles)

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • "free to play"

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters
I think a big misconception is that Xbox one sales are doing terrible. Sure Sony is blowing them out of the water, but that's to be expected. What's the number now around 20 million Xbox ones to 45 million ps4's? The Xbox one is outselling the Xbox 360 in sales, at the same point of time when the 360 was a little over two years old.

To think Microsoft isn't making a killing, and because they can't and won't catch Sony in sales, that they are a somehow a failure and just going to give up on the console, well that's just plain silly.

Last edited:
Doubtful, in the case of T10 anyway. Dan Greenawalt stated multiple times before and after FM5 released that himself and other T10 high ups where at Xbox planning meetings. They had a hand in what we got, so I don't think they will feel as "betrayed" as you think they will.

I'm aware it's a strong word, but it's not unlikely that developers didn't get as much as they wanted. Maybe they did, I'm just guessing in favor of a PC version.

Imagine being able to do vinyl design on a surface pro tablet and save it to your X1/PC. It is possible another racing game has it working behind closed doors

Imagine being able to do vinyl design on a surface pro tablet and save it to your X1/PC. It is possible another racing game has it working behind closed doors

I to would like that, or even just the ability to use my wacom intuos.

Some interesting thoughts and comments in this thread for sure.

I believe T10 may have come to the stark realization that this is all they can do on Xbox One for now and to truly show the world what their team is capable of, moving to PC is likely the best way to accomplish that. The FM5 demo was running on PC, and that was stunning to look at. Imagine what they could offer gamers who are packing a really beefy PC.

I honestly don't see Forza breaking any new ground on the X1 in terms of visuals, audio or physics, although I will happily EAT my hat if they happen to surpass expectations in F7. Well, that hasn't happened yet, and including PC as a development platform, well... where does that leave the X1? I'm afraid the divide in quality is going to be hard to ignore.

Got a bad feeling about this, that's all. Time will tell. I bought an X1 just to get my 'racing fix' with Forza. I could have saved enough by now to get a good gaming PC. But mehh...

I believe T10 may have come to the stark realization that this is all they can do on Xbox One for now and to truly show the world what their team is capable of, moving to PC is likely the best way to accomplish that. The FM5 demo was running on PC, and that was stunning to look at. Imagine what they could offer gamers who are packing a really beefy PC.
They still give you the best they can on xbox in such deadlines (2 year development time) of their games. They always have and will continue to. Also games have always ran on PC at conferences like E3. I can see the possibilities being on a beefy PC. Just hope their recommendation specs won't be like Quantum Break recommendation specs for the Windows 10 version.

Got a bad feeling about this, that's all. Time will tell. I bought an X1 just to get my 'racing fix' with Forza. I could have saved enough by now to get a good gaming PC. But mehh...
You still got a fun experience that you enjoyed from Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One. It shouldn't really make you displeased at all.

I've been eyeing Forza for a while now. The only thing really holding me back is I don't want to buy a 3rd gaming platform just for 1 game (already got PS and PC). If FM6 is coming to PC I would definitely buy a copy just to get the code :lol:

Depending on how good the porting process is, this might spell the end of Gran Turismo forever. Previously on PC you have hardcore sims but are lacking in content and you buy console + GT/FM for that. Now you can have both worlds on PC there's no need for console anymore.

They still give you the best they can on xbox in such deadlines (2 year development time) of their games. They always have and will continue to. Also games have always ran on PC at conferences like E3. I can see the possibilities being on a beefy PC. Just hope their recommendation specs won't be like Quantum Break recommendation specs for the Windows 10 version.

You still got a fun experience that you enjoyed from Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One. It shouldn't really make you displeased at all.

Oh I have enjoyed the daylights out of Forza on X360 and X1, believe me when I tell you that. :D

I am not displeased at all - but come on, the fact that there's going to be a meatier version out there with ALL the bells and whistles.. that has to *mildly* suck for any fan, right?! :lol:

I've been eyeing Forza for a while now. The only thing really holding me back is I don't want to buy a 3rd gaming platform just for 1 game (already got PS and PC). If FM6 is coming to PC I would definitely buy a copy just to get the code :lol:

Depending on how good the porting process is, this might spell the end of Gran Turismo forever. Previously on PC you have hardcore sims but are lacking in content and you buy console + GT/FM for that. Now you can have both worlds on PC there's no need for console anymore.

I think yes - it could spell doom for GT, unless they can really pull some tricks out of their hat in the next too games or is it just one confirmed game for now, GTS? Anyhow, the PS4 is a pretty powerful console and directing that power towards the right aspects could leave gamers mesmerized. But, and that is a BIG but.. remains to be seen.

You know, I've always thought T10 are capable of a heckuva lot more than meets the eye and were constantly having to scale a few things here and there to keep it going smoothly on a console. If that barrier gets done away with, Pandora's box may be unleashed!

So yayyy for that, but a huge "booo" that X1 will have an inferior version. :grumpy:

I think yes - it could spell doom for GT, unless they can really pull some tricks out of their hat in the next too games or is it just one confirmed game for now, GTS? Anyhow, the PS4 is a pretty powerful console and directing that power towards the right aspects could leave gamers mesmerized. But, and that is a BIG but.. remains to be seen.

You know, I've always thought T10 are capable of a heckuva lot more than meets the eye and were constantly having to scale a few things here and there to keep it going smoothly on a console. If that barrier gets done away with, Pandora's box may be unleashed!

So yayyy for that, but a huge "booo" that X1 will have an inferior version. :grumpy:

PD's problem is mindset and game direction. I don't doubt that they have the technical skills, but Kaz is still making games with philosophy from 20 years ago. That's just not going to work today. I love GT's passionate approach but both gameplay and content has become dull and outdated.

I played FM4 a few times over at a friend's place. Now I don't know how much the physics have progressed between 4 and 6, but the cars feel too slidey. It's not bad but it's not quite PC sim level. Also wheel FFB apparently sucks. If I'm getting Forza for PC it's definitely not for the simulation aspect, but for the car collecting and customization. Also Horizon would be a million times better than the god awful NFS 2015.

PD's problem is mindset and game direction. I don't doubt that they have the technical skills, but Kaz is still making games with philosophy from 20 years ago. That's just not going to work today. I love GT's passionate approach but both gameplay and content has become dull and outdated.

I played FM4 a few times over at a friend's place. Now I don't know how much the physics have progressed between 4 and 6, but the cars feel too slidey. It's not bad but it's not quite PC sim level. Also wheel FFB apparently sucks. If I'm getting Forza for PC it's definitely not for the simulation aspect, but for the car collecting and customization. Also Horizon would be a million times better than the god awful NFS 2015.

Oh I agree on that completely - it is just sad to see all that talent and vision not going in the right direction. The guy should change his mindset a little and open up to new possibilities. Refusing to change is the root of all problems. However, what's really sad is many fans are just happy with GT's one-track approach: more cars, more tracks... prettier looking visuals etc. If they dedicate a chunk of that talent towards addressing some it's decade-long issues, they can easily compete neck to neck with not just Forza but PC sims, even surpass both in some ways.

PD is truly capable of a lot... I don't remember any other game that stole my heart at the time like GT and TT (Tourist Trophy) did.

The model they adopted in F4 and future FM games can get "slidey" though there are ways of taming it. However, their pad steering model is something they have refused to address since FM4 and it would be interesting to see if the exact same scheme of things return on PC for the non-wheel users. In Forza 6 though, they have tweaked the physics with updates and cars feel grippier for sure, but something still feels off. It is not quite at that "desired sim level" but still good for some quick thrills without leaning towards "arcadey", I might add.

Horizon has a great driving model at its core, though I sincerely wish they would consider making it a bit more nuanced and less forgiving when you make mistakes. The driving just feels too straightforward sometimes with practically no consequences of crashes, cheating or improper technique, for example.

NFS is nothing but flash - all the glamour is there, but the driving model is basic and dull, at least in my rather humble opinion. Their best product to date was the 1994 "The Need for Speed" which had a nostalgic feel to it, thanks to the real-world engine sounds, reasonably nuanced physics at the time, a killer OST and those beautiful showcase videos. That, and NFS Porsche Unleashed. GOOD memories. :cheers:

Last edited:
Oh I agree on that completely - it is just sad to see all that talent and vision not going in the right direction. The guy should change his mindset a little and open up to new possibilities. Refusing to change is the root of all problems. However, what's really sad is many fans are just happy with GT's one-track approach: more cars, more tracks... prettier looking visuals etc. If they dedicate a chunk of that talent, they can easily compete neck to neck with not just Forza but PC sims, even surpass both in some ways.

PD is truly capable of a lot... I don't remember any other game that stole my heart at the time like GT and TT (Tourist Trophy) did.

The model they adopted in F4 and future FM games can get "slidey" though there are ways of taming it. However, their pad steering model is something they have refused to address since FM4 and it would be interesting to see if the exact same scheme of things return on PC for the non-wheel users. In Forza 6 though, they have tweaked the physics with updates and cars feel grippier for sure, but something still feels off. It is not quite at that "desired sim level" but still good for some quick thrills without leaning towards "arcadey", I might add.

Horizon has a great driving model at its core, though I sincerely wish they would consider making it a bit more nuanced and less forgiving when you make mistakes. The driving just feels too straightforward sometimes with practically no consequences of crashes, cheating or improper technique, for example.

NFS is nothing but flash - all the glamour is there, but the driving model is basic and dull, at least in my rather humble opinion. There best product to date was the 1994 "The Need for Speed" which had a nostalgic feel to it, thanks to the real-world engine sounds, reasonably nuanced physics at the time, a killer OST and those beautiful showcase videos. That, and NFS Porsche Unleashed. GOOD memories. :cheers:

PS1 exotic era NFS was best. Racing games were so simple back then: GT for tuners, NFS for exotics, Test Drive for muscle and Ridge Racer for arcade. Nowadays every game wants to be everything else and with graphics getting more and more demanding what we get is half baked unfinished products. Anyway it's probably just my age and rose tinted glasses showing :lol: I'm sure kids these days will say games this generation is best :P

PS1 exotic era NFS was best. Racing games were so simple back then: GT for tuners, NFS for exotics, Test Drive for muscle and Ridge Racer for arcade. Nowadays every game wants to be everything else and with graphics getting more and more demanding what we get is half baked unfinished products. Anyway it's probably just my age and rose tinted glasses showing :lol: I'm sure kids these days will say games this generation is best :P

I can relate to this totally - in my mid-thirties and I just see so much meshing going on. Things started out rather humbly on the micro-computer with games like Revs, the Indy racing game (forget its name) or the arcade-only Race Drivin'. But the PS1 era truly was the epitome of gaming. Do you remember Wipeout?? *goose bumps*

Wish it could just be: here's one for you pure simmers, here's one for the arcade lovers, and here's one for you collectors. Well, I suppose the choices are there, though it shouldn't be limited to just a select platform and I always see too many games out there trying to please simmers and arcade lovers at the same time. SO much gets lost in translation. Developers have been shy to branch out and innovate as a result;

For example - what if the FM games also had long point-to-point races around exotic European locales or Horizon has certain segments where you have to drive to the real-world racetrack to take part in that race. Anyhow, moving on...

MS is changing that with Forza on PC. It's a good start, though I cannot get this out of my head: will on the X1 version take a backseat or will they still treat it like their baby, before anything else?

Stupid MS... I feel like breaking a giant pot over Spencer's head! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can relate to this totally - in my mid-thirties and I just see so much meshing going on. Things started out rather humbly on the micro-computer with games like Revs, the Indy racing game (forget its name) or the arcade-only Race Drivin'. But the PS1 era truly was the epitome of gaming. Do you remember Wipeout?? *goose bumps*

Wish it could just be: here's one for you pure simmers, here's one for the arcade lovers, and here's one for you collectors. Well, I suppose the choices are there, though it shouldn't be limited to just a select platform and I always see too many games out there trying to please simmers and arcade lovers at the same time. SO much gets lost in translation. Developers have been shy to branch out and innovate as a result;

For example - what if the FM games also had long point-to-point races around exotic European locales or Horizon has certain segments where you have to drive to the real-world racetrack to take part in that race. Anyhow, moving on...

MS is changing that with Forza on PC. It's a good start, though I cannot get this out of my head: will on the X1 version take a backseat or will they still treat it like their baby, before anything else?

Stupid MS... I feel like breaking a giant pot over Spencer's head! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Totally agree with that first part 👍

I think Forza on XB1 will still be their main concern. For multiplatform titles console is always the limiting factor performance wise. But consoles this generation being closer to PC architecture and Windows 10 supposedly being a unified OS, I think the difference will be quite small.

These next few months are going to be exciting times for sure :lol:

Totally agree with that first part 👍

I think Forza on XB1 will still be their main concern. For multiplatform titles console is always the limiting factor performance wise. But consoles this generation being closer to PC architecture and Windows 10 supposedly being a unified OS, I think the difference will be quite small.

These next few months are going to be exciting times for sure :lol:

I know I shouldn't keep my hopes up, but will the new DX make even a small difference in the next FM and Horizon game? I also know PC users will be primarily benefiting from this...

I know I shouldn't keep my hopes up, but will the new DX make even a small difference in the next FM and Horizon game? I also know PC users will be primarily benefiting from this...

No idea sorry. I follow some tech news but when it gets to nitty gritty stuff I give up :lol: DX compatibility particularly is the bane of my life (I spent 4 hours trying to get Assetto Corsa to work on my fresh install of Win10 :banghead:)

the fact that there's going to be a meatier version out there with ALL the bells and whistles.. that has to *mildly* suck for any fan, right?!

If FM6 releases on PC, it will most likely be exactly the same game as on the Xbox one. The reason for this would be so Microsoft can leverage cross platform multiplayer, which they are already using as a selling point for the new fable game. Which is releasing on both Xbox one and PC. There may be the odd graphical bump here an there, but the core game will remain the same.

The windows 10 Xbox app already allows for voice communication over the xbox live servers as is, I often use it to talk to my little brother. Microsoft are attempting to integrate the xbox experience on windows 10, which is a very good thing. And better yet, because pc gaming is such an open platform. PC players do not have to pay for xbox live gold, as it just wouldnt work on PC. People would boycot windows 10 xbox services if they did. That is the biggest difference between gaming on windows 10 via xbox, and gaming on the xbox one.

The PS4 isnt as powerful as people want to make out though. Hell, it is using the same CPU as the Xbox one with a slightly better GPU. The GDDR5 is its biggest advantage, but even still, it isnt as big of a leap over what the xbox one can do. Sure it has a few more games that run at 1080p, but ultimately the resolution doesn't matter. If PD release another Gran turismo game that can not keep a stable 60fps though, that will be a bigger nail in their coffin than FM6 releasing on windows.

I have no doubt that T10 are capable of much more, and I have no doubt they will deliver us with more in the future. But any future FM games will stick with the same formula as what they currently have. And if they release Forza cross platform between Xbox and PC, it will be the same game for the same reason I pointed out above. Microsoft in regards to Xbox believe very much in parity.

their pad steering model is something they have refused to address since FM4 and it would be interesting to see if the exact same scheme of things return on PC for the non-wheel users.

Forza is considered as having the best setups for racing games on the pad. One thing I keep seeing you go on about in other threads, is how you want have the same steering rates as you would get on a wheel. As I have pointed out countless times, this just isnt feasible. You can do that in Assetto Corsa when using a gamepad, and you can fully remove the speed sensitive steering and filtering; but it just makes the cars completely un-drivable. You keep thinking that your own personal experience will be better if you can do that, but you would only find it to have a negative impact. If you really want to have a better experience with regards to steering rates and how much turn you can put on, then you should really thing about getting a wheel and have done with it.

Nope, it wont take a backseat. Microsofts main gaming platform will still be the Xbox. In fact, at this time people in the PC community are doing their nut because Quantum break will not be available in steam, and are already saying they will boycot the windows 10 xbox app and store. PC gamers can be a fickle bunch. Personally I don't mind using different apps for different games. I actually quite like Origin, and Uplay isnt too bad either. But I am in a minority with regards to my views on that. For most PC gamers, it is steam or nothing. So it will effect Microsofts sales of games on windows 10.

Stupid MS... I feel like breaking a giant pot over Spencer's head!

Why exactly? He is doing a far better job as the Xbox head than Don Mattrick ever did, and has even removed a ton of stuff from the xbox live gold paywall. Bringing xbox live services more in line with how Sony handle PSN.

DX12 should be useful on the Xbox, but Phil Spencer has already stated in several places it wont make a massive difference with gaming on the Xbox one. No amount of low level API's will change what the hardware is capable off. And both the Xbox one and PS4 are extremely weak in the grand scheme of things.

The biggest thing that will make a difference, is T10 (and other devs) finding ways to give us more without giving us less. Which is very possible. All they would need to do is shave a few polygons here, merge a few vertices there, mess with the texture resolutions (different from screen resolutions) a bit. It is all about streamlining at this point, and T10 is an old hat at doing this. In fact, they are one of the best in the industry for doing this. You will notice they leverage different LOD's "Level of details" in their games, such as cars becoming less demanding on the system the further away from the player they are, by using coding to swap the 3d mesh out with a much lower quality one. Things like that allow them to give more without giving less.

If FM6 releases on PC, it will most likely be exactly the same game as on the Xbox one. The reason for this would be so Microsoft can leverage cross platform multiplayer, which they are already using as a selling point for the new fable game. Which is releasing on both Xbox one and PC. There may be the odd graphical bump here an there, but the core game will remain the same.

It is not a matter of IF - hasn't Spencer tweeted that it is coming to PC?
The same game as the X1 version? I very seriously doubt that - what developer wouldn't want to capitalize on the extra hardware oomph to offer PC owners something unique? Of course the core game will be as-is, but the graphical divide will be hard to ignore, if indeed they give PC gamers the VIP treatment. Though it isn't etched in stone, and I hope you're right about this.

The windows 10 Xbox app already allows for voice communication over the xbox live servers as is, I often use it to talk to my little brother. Microsoft are attempting to integrate the xbox experience on windows 10, which is a very good thing. And better yet, because pc gaming is such an open platform. PC players do not have to pay for xbox live gold, as it just wouldnt work on PC. People would boycot windows 10 xbox services if they did. That is the biggest difference between gaming on windows 10 via xbox, and gaming on the xbox one.

How is this relevant? I'm getting at the divide in graphics and quite possible physics, owing to the PC's sheer power.

The PS4 isnt as powerful as people want to make out though. Hell, it is using the same CPU as the Xbox one with a slightly better GPU. The GDDR5 is its biggest advantage, but even still, it isnt as big of a leap over what the xbox one can do. Sure it has a few more games that run at 1080p, but ultimately the resolution doesn't matter. If PD release another Gran turismo game that can not keep a stable 60fps though, that will be a bigger nail in their coffin than FM6 releasing on windows.

I guess GT will be the ultimate decider as far as Forza on X1 vs PC is concerned.

I have no doubt that T10 are capable of much more, and I have no doubt they will deliver us with more in the future. But any future FM games will stick with the same formula as what they currently have. And if they release Forza cross platform between Xbox and PC, it will be the same game for the same reason I pointed out above. Microsoft in regards to Xbox believe very much in parity.

The same game sure - the SAME graphics? Very much doubt that. They may even use the additional power to improve sound and physics calculations, though that would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

Forza is considered as having the best setups for racing games on the pad. One thing I keep seeing you go on about in other threads, is how you want have the same steering rates as you would get on a wheel. As I have pointed out countless times, this just isnt feasible. You can do that in Assetto Corsa when using a gamepad, and you can fully remove the speed sensitive steering and filtering; but it just makes the cars completely un-drivable. You keep thinking that your own personal experience will be better if you can do that, but you would only find it to have a negative impact. If you really want to have a better experience with regards to steering rates and how much turn you can put on, then you should really thing about getting a wheel and have done with it.

I wish we could see eye to eye on this, but we don't, and that's okay. I have also pointed out more than once that the devs can quite easily add an option to adjust steering speed and sensitivity as well as include their recommended settings to give players more varied options as far as preferences go. So to experience the full joy of Forza driving I must get a good wheel which means spending anywhere between $350 and $500 on a wheel? No thanks. I'm not learning to be a racecar driver or practice emergency situations in a simulator so a gaming pad should give me full control already. Forza 2 and 3 gave you much better control with a pad and they had speed sensitive steering too. There were no silly situations where the steering wheel would stop turning because you braked late into a corner, or braked mid-turn or weren't slow enough according to what the game thinks is "slow enough" to give more lock. So in fact, I did have a better experience so to speak. Out of FM4, 5 and 6, I'd say F5 has the best control.. the speed sensitive steering is there but there's no silliness of the wheels suddenly going dead with no vibration or the braking being tied to steering lock through an invisible wire. And again, this is not a driving technique issue, but how the pad steering has been programmed to work in the game. The AI slips past me because they are getting more wheel lock at the same speeds, as is evidenced in replays (please don't ask me to provide proof or back up claims)! Frustrating to say the least. Maybe they are on normal steering and ABS. One thing I've noticed is how that cap on steering in doesn't kick in as much when you have ABS on.. perhaps that gives you more front-tire grip and THEN the game thinks it's okay to let you steer more.

I drop in on the official forums now and then and came across a thread titled "cars won't turn" where you and @ImaRobot were part of the discussion. One guy suggested switching to normal steering while limiting the outside deadzone - I think you also added your thoughts there - that made perfect sense to me. I've felt as much as sim steering is, it causes erratic behaviour at times like the car sliding when it shouldn't, or lack of front-wheel grip, when clearly you are at the right speed and the car should be biting the tarmac. I gave that a go, and sure enough I can get better wheel locks around tight turns and hairpins.

This is not some unique issue I dreamed up and starting voicing concerns - it has been discussed at length at forza.net with threads like "Help.. cars feel on ice", or "cars won't turn", "too much understeer", "all cars slide" etc. This has been discussed since FM4 and there are still threads being created discussing the VERY SAME issue: cars not gripping like they should.

Just to leave no room for confusion or debate, my concern revolves solely around the game preventing you from going to more lock when clearly you can and should to save your life. I do not mind overworking the front tires and powersliding just a little on the exit, but again, the game feels that is "inappropriate". Completely unnecessary but that's how T10 feels control should be on a pad. Oh well, moving on....

Nope, it wont take a backseat. Microsofts main gaming platform will still be the Xbox. In fact, at this time people in the PC community are doing their nut because Quantum break will not be available in steam, and are already saying they will boycot the windows 10 xbox app and store. PC gamers can be a fickle bunch. Personally I don't mind using different apps for different games. I actually quite like Origin, and Uplay isnt too bad either. But I am in a minority with regards to my views on that. For most PC gamers, it is steam or nothing. So it will effect Microsofts sales of games on windows 10.

Why exactly? He is doing a far better job as the Xbox head than Don Mattrick ever did, and has even removed a ton of stuff from the xbox live gold paywall. Bringing xbox live services more in line with how Sony handle PSN.

For the game's sake, I hope you are right, and that the PC version doesn't come out making the X1 version look inferior.

Though I still very badly want to break a giant pot over his head... Forza is an exclusive and now it's going to get better versions in future... oh WAIT... you need a beefy PC to enjoy it in all its glory. :banghead::banghead::irked:

DX12 should be useful on the Xbox, but Phil Spencer has already stated in several places it wont make a massive difference with gaming on the Xbox one. No amount of low level API's will change what the hardware is capable off. And both the Xbox one and PS4 are extremely weak in the grand scheme of things.

I am aware of that already though I must admit I was secretly wishing that just maybe it helps devs squeeze out more juice from the console. The games on the X360 started looking really really good towards the end of the its cycle... I wonder when the X1 is going to ride that wave.

The biggest thing that will make a difference, is T10 (and other devs) finding ways to give us more without giving us less. Which is very possible. All they would need to do is shave a few polygons here, merge a few vertices there, mess with the texture resolutions (different from screen resolutions) a bit. It is all about streamlining at this point, and T10 is an old hat at doing this. In fact, they are one of the best in the industry for doing this. You will notice they leverage different LOD's "Level of details" in their games, such as cars becoming less demanding on the system the further away from the player they are, by using coding to swap the 3d mesh out with a much lower quality one. Things like that allow them to give more without giving less.

Oh I do believe the next FM game is going to surpass F6 in a few clever ways - they always manage to pull one last trick (or two) out of their hats in newer versions, which has actually kept me interested all along. Though, what's preventing them from taking those strides with the version that's about to come out, rather than waiting than the next game to implement all those changes? I mean is that how quick things progress in the industry? Every two years, they have new tricks up their sleeves to improve the game. It's probably just a clever marketing strategy. If they reveal all their cards in one or two games, no point in keeping the franchise going.

As always, I appreciate your detailed responses, even though we just don't see eye to eye on certain aspects of the game. :lol:

It is not a matter of IF - hasn't Spencer tweeted that it is coming to PC?

No he hasn't, it is just a rumor at the moment.

The same game as the X1 version? I very seriously doubt that - what developer wouldn't want to capitalize on the extra hardware oomph to offer PC owners something unique? Of course the core game will be as-is, but the graphical divide will be hard to ignore, if indeed they give PC gamers the VIP treatment. Though it isn't etched in stone, and I hope you're right about this.

You can very seriously doubt that all you want, but if they where to port FM6 over to PC; it would be the same game with the same features. They would do this to utilize cross platform multiplayer, something they have been going on about for almost a year.

How is this relevant? I'm getting at the divide in graphics and quite possible physics, owing to the PC's sheer power.

It is very relevant, because it would make perfect business sense to release the same game on the Xbox one and on the PC. As the Xbox one and the windows 10 xbox app both communicate through the exact same xbox live servers and services, and that is the service any games microsoft release for windows 10 are going to go through. Such as Fable legends, which is releasing on both Xbox one and windows 10. Oh, and wait for it...... they are the same game and will allow PC users to play against xbox one users. As I already pointed out, they could utilize cross platform multiplayer, but only if the core game stays the same. Graphics are arbitrary, they have naught to do with the actual game play. They would not change the physics because of that. I already pointed out in my previous posting in here that there may well be a jump in the graphics, which is arbitrary to the gameplay. It is a visual aspect only.

I guess GT will be the ultimate decider as far as Forza on X1 vs PC is concerned.

A lot of people have the view that GT is stagnant, far more so then people believe Forza is. Though it will most likely sell better than Forza 6 did, owing to sheer numbers of PS4's out in the world, and the fact it is GT. People will be very willing to give it a chance, just as I am. I have been contemplating picking up a PS4 just so I can look at GT sport myself.

The same game sure - the SAME graphics? Very much doubt that. They may even use the additional power to improve sound and physics calculations, though that would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

Read my previous post again, and also the rest of this post. I never said they would not bump the graphics.

I have also pointed out more than once that the devs can quite easily add an option to adjust steering speed and sensitivity as well as include their recommended settings to give players more varied options as far as preferences go.

I am not saying they should not give the end user the options to tailor those things to personal preference, because they should. I have always agreed with you on that aspect. I just don't agree with you in the context you use to bring it to the table with.

gaming pad should give me full control already.

The game already gives you pretty good control of the cars though, but reducing the speed sensitivity to a near 0%, and doing the same with filtering; will not help your experience at all. You still need some there, otherwise you will be adding far too much turning force to the front wheels. The Thumbstick and only realisticly emulate a small portion of what a 900° steering wheel is capable off. Which is why Forza on a gamepad only emulates 180° (90° left, 90° right). That will just exasperate poor driving for many, and will make it harder to near impossible for control pad users to play like that. You keep forgetting that I have seen the effects of this first hand in games like Assetto Corsa, games that do have those adjustments available in the controller options. You still need a fair percentage of speed sensitivity and filtering in place to actually drive the cars on a pad.

You need to stop overlooking the information I am giving you in regard to this, as it comes from first hand experience of this stuff in a great many racing games across all platforms and spanning 3 decades.

One guy suggested switching to normal steering while limiting the outside deadzone - I think you also added your thoughts there

You mean "Speed Demon996"? Funny you should mention them, as their gamertag is damn near identical to the one you use on xbox live (I wont post the one you actually use, as I know you keep it fairly private). Even their posting style is the same as yours, along with the things they discuss. Such as the "bite of the front tires" been different between sim steering and normal steering, to the audio of FM5 been better, right down to the fact they recently started posting about things been "scaled down" visually in FM6. I believe it was within 48 hours of you posting about it on here. Hell, they have even suggested I run tests using a pad on simulation steering because I normally use a wheel; I wonder where I have heard that one umpteen times on here?

I drop in on the official forums now and then and came across a thread titled "cars won't turn" where you and @ImaRobot were part of the discussion.

And as @ImaRobot very clearly and concisely pointed out, the issue they have with the controller going all funny is also happening in other games now. Such as fallout 4 and Diablo 3. Which squarely points that particular issue at Microsofts doorstep, not T10's. As it is either a hardware fault with the controller or console, or a software fault with the Xbox one's operating system. None of those 3 things is anything to do with T10, they only make a game, not the xbox one itself.

Just to leave no room for confusion or debate, my concern revolves solely around the game preventing you from going to more lock when clearly you can and should to save your life. I do not mind overworking the front tires and powersliding just a little on the exit, but again, the game feels that is "inappropriate". Completely unnecessary but that's how T10 feels control should be on a pad. Oh well, moving on....

Just wait till Assetto Corsa comes along, or even test in Pcars by removing all the speed sensitivity and filtering and see how you get on. And don't go BS people about your findings, as anyone who has played a game like Assetto or Pcars with the ability to adjust the speed sens and filtering on a pad already know the results of going 0% on both and upping the steering speed, and it ain't pretty.

As I have pointed out to you before, curing understeer is not a case of adding on more steering lock, it is a case of reducing speed. This is the same in real life, it is the same in damn near every simulation based racing game, it is even the same in some arcade racers. And with oversteer, it is a case of been able to turn into the slide to keep things from going out of control and power through it. This is why you will often see my steering input go into countersteer, even when there is little to no visible slide. It is about catching things before they become an issue.

For the game's sake, I hope you are right, and that the PC version doesn't come out making the X1 version look inferior.

Read what I said above about this.

Though I still very badly want to break a giant pot over his head... Forza is an exclusive and now it's going to get better versions in future... oh WAIT... you need a beefy PC to enjoy it in all its glory.

I do not see what that would achieve, since there is nothing wrong with where he is taking the Xbox division at the moment. This is the same sort of scaremongering BS that forced Microsoft to back peddle on what the Xbox one was originally going to be. The entire system was designed in a way that made it damn near identical to using steam on PC, but everyone had to jump onto the "lets hate on MS" bandwagon, and not give them a proper chance to explain everything. What they had proposed was actually pretty good, and truth be told here, I already bought FH2 and FM6 digital on the Xbox one. I only got FM5 on blu-ray because I wanted to be sure there was no issues with playing it on the day of release. The vast majority of the PC games I have purchased in the last decade have been through steam. I have 368 games on steam at the moment alone, and they all have built in DRM. That isnt even counting the games I own on Origin and Uplay.

I am aware of that already though I must admit I was secretly wishing that just maybe it helps devs squeeze out more juice from the console. The games on the X360 started looking really really good towards the end of the its cycle... I wonder when the X1 is going to ride that wave.

Games on the xbox one will get better visually as time goes on, as is always the case. A new rendering system may come along for starters, as well as just learning other tricks to optimize the games in general.

Oh I do believe the next FM game is going to surpass F6 in a few clever ways - they always manage to pull one last trick (or two) out of their hats in newer versions, which has actually kept me interested all along. Though, what's preventing them from taking those strides with the version that's about to come out, rather than waiting than the next game to implement all those changes? I mean is that how quick things progress in the industry? Every two years, they have new tricks up their sleeves to improve the game. It's probably just a clever marketing strategy. If they reveal all their cards in one or two games, no point in keeping the franchise going.

It is much harder and takes much longer to implement changes to a game (or any software) that is already on the open market, and when there is only a 2 year dev cycle, it means it is not worth the effort to make big changes. SMS for example only had to make such big and drastic changes to Pcars because of the mess it released in, and they have still yet to solve the space rocket bug that has been in there since the earliest of dev builds; let alone "other" issues which are well documented.

I'm sure kids these days will say games this generation is best :P
Legally considered a kid (not for long!), cannot confirm. 2004, 2005, those were the years though! GT4, NFS:UG2 and MW, Midnight Club 3, Juiced, rFactor, Enthusia, CMR05, GTR ... granted, I didn't even own most of the games I've mentioned (so far, I've played them all except for the original GTR though), but I guess that proves my point. :P

Sorry for the off topic rambling. :lol:

I drop in on the official forums now and then and came across a thread titled "cars won't turn" where you and @ImaRobot were part of the discussion. One guy suggested switching to normal steering while limiting the outside deadzone - I think you also added your thoughts there - that made perfect sense to me. I've felt as much as sim steering is, it causes erratic behaviour at times like the car sliding when it shouldn't, or lack of front-wheel grip, when clearly you are at the right speed and the car should be biting the tarmac. I gave that a go, and sure enough I can get better wheel locks around tight turns and hairpins.
The advice given by the people there does nothing to alleviate the situation that has been causing my game(s) to act this way. I'm willing to bet, that farther down the line, these people are going to start noticing the same problem on other games. It starts out minor, and because of the precision needed on a racing game it'll be much more noticeable, but the problem will get worse and start being noticeable all around. Changing those settings didnt produce much change, but changing vibration definitely made the problem not as persistent.

Might be able to play game quite well on a Surface Book if Forza does come to PC.

The advice given by the people there does nothing to alleviate the situation that has been causing my game(s) to act this way. I'm willing to bet, that farther down the line, these people are going to start noticing the same problem on other games. It starts out minor, and because of the precision needed on a racing game it'll be much more noticeable, but the problem will get worse and start being noticeable all around. Changing those settings didnt produce much change, but changing vibration definitely made the problem not as persistent.

Well, good then, you've found a quick workaround. Although what's stopping you from picking up a new controller? Get the Elite one.. I hear the increased range really helps.

Well, good then, you've found a quick workaround. Although what's stopping you from picking up a new controller? Get the Elite one.. I hear the increased range really helps.
The problem was not as frequent, so I dealt with it. Didn't feel like throwing down the money for one just because I can't turn right every once in a while. At the time I was mostly hotlapping and not going online. Forza is the worst offender in this case, so it just didn't seem worth it to get a new pad just for the game, as the problem is easier to work around on something like Diablo 3.

Microsoft is having a big news and media event in San Fransisco next week on the 25th. Phil Spencer will be there. I think Forza fans will hear about Porsche possibly, if the Amazon leak was accurate. I wonder if they'll have anything on this topic, or if it will be a thing at E3.(if Forza coming to PC isn't just a rumor that is).

If this does happen,I will probably sell my Xb1.:)
Main reason why I got an Xbox One was Killer Instinct and then that was announced coming to PC last year. Soon as I also got 3 years Xbox Live Gold, might as well keep it even though I don't play on it much. Actually hoping Microsoft make a 2TB Xbox One Slim (Hopefully smaller than the 360 Slim) so I can upgrade to that. Will take less space and have more space for games. ;)

Main reason why I got an Xbox One was Killer Instinct and then that was announced coming to PC last year. Soon as I also got 3 years Xbox Live Gold, might as well keep it even though I don't play on it much. Actually hoping Microsoft make a 2TB Xbox One Slim (Hopefully smaller than the 360 Slim) so I can upgrade to that. Will take less space and have more space for games. ;)
True,I do have a couple of digital games on it,that was rather an impulsive statement I made wasn't it.:P Definately buying it for the pc though.

Legally considered a kid (not for long!), cannot confirm. 2004, 2005, those were the years though! GT4, NFS:UG2 and MW, Midnight Club 3, Juiced, rFactor, Enthusia, CMR05, GTR ... granted, I didn't even own most of the games I've mentioned (so far, I've played them all except for the original GTR though), but I guess that proves my point. :P

Sorry for the off topic rambling. :lol:
I'm 29 and I'm with you, the sixth/seventh generations are superior to the '90s for racing games. Enthusia, Forza Horizon, Live for Speed, FUEL, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Project Gotham Racing, Out Run 2...

I have my own cherished favorites of the '80s and '90s, but I wouldn't trade away the advances in physics, gameplay, AI, open worlds, and so on. However, I also agree with @LeGeNd-1 that today's racing games have been stumbling with high fidelity graphics and other vices of the modern gaming industry.

It is not a matter of IF - hasn't Spencer tweeted that it is coming to PC? The same game as the X1 version? I very seriously doubt that - what developer wouldn't want to capitalize on the extra hardware oomph to offer PC owners something unique? Of course the core game will be as-is, but the graphical divide will be hard to ignore, if indeed they give PC gamers the VIP treatment. Though it isn't etched in stone, and I hope you're right about this.

Exactly what kind of stereotype are you looking to perpetuate here? Even if the engine does make use of the countless variables within a PC the game itself will not change. If your number one concern is "The graphics look better, how could they?!" then, I mean, perhaps you shouldn't have invested in a console to begin with.

This isn't 2005 when the 360 and PS3 had a considerable albeit short-term advantage over PCs in terms of outright horsepower. When the Xbox One and PS4 launched they were effectively made obsolete by sheer comparison the day of. There are a number of variables that favor either side and there are a number of variables that aren't flattering in the least. Whether it be cost, shelf life (you do not have to upgrade a PC every 6 months; I despise reading and/or hearing that to the very fiber of my reading, it is a blatant fallacy.), operating environments, appropriated software, community, etc. That's what sells a console (or a PC) and what will keep people coming back for more.

Not this fear-mongering nonsense that Microsoft have betrayed Xbox users because they're potentially bringing AAA exclusives to a platform that predates the Xbox as a gaming platform for more than a decade; a platform (and more specifically, an API) that inspired the Xbox to begin with. Do take note that my comments on upgrading and to some extent the thoughts that followed this has nothing to do with you directly, I'm just tackling all of this at once because I genuinely don't understand what the fuss is about.

Again, the visuals won't change the intended experience whatsoever. What could potentially change if that game does come to PC is that the peripherals will no longer be limited to specific Xbox-branded merchandise.

As for the improvements, the audio engine can in fact be improved but it's highly unlikely any tinkering will be done to the underlying physics engine because that would require rewriting code. Unnecessary work by all means.

Even if it does, which, again, I presume you're only including visuals in this equation, only benefits Turn 10 and Microsoft. There's this perceived wall, an unjust one at that that separates the two platforms.

Though I still very badly want to break a giant pot over his head... Forza is an exclusive and now it's going to get better versions in future... oh WAIT... you need a beefy PC to enjoy it in all its glory. :banghead::banghead::irked:

That you just perpetuated. :lol:

Who says you'll need a beefy PC to run it in all of its glory? And what exactly is "all of its glory?" What you see on the One? You won't need a beefy PC to replicate that because if you did that means: 1. The port is a horrible one, and 2. It would effectively undermine something they're attempting to bridge.

Do you need a beefy PC to run Rise of the Tomb Raider in all of its glory if, again, this glory is mirroring the Xbox One version? Not in the slightest.

Last edited:
I've seen and heard people suggest that FM6 on the Xbox instantly becomes the "watered down version". This would not be the case because, the PC version would be a port. I can't see Microsoft or Turn 10 completely reworking the game to out perform the XB1's version by a great deal. FM7 on the other hand, then claims of the XB1's version being watered down, would be true. But some how I think FM7 is going to be on the XB1's successor.

The game going to PC is great, as long as it works in being a draw for PC gamers to get Win10.

Latest Posts

Back