Forza Motorsport 6 Car List

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 1,242 comments
So I decided to do some investigating into how many unannounced cars there are left for FM6, if we take into account returning cars from FM5 and FH2, as well as whats already been announced for FM6.

At this stage, we have 306 unique cars from FM5 - not including livery cars, with two updated cars of existing models (09 Land Rover/Jeep to 14 Land Rover/Jeep) and the two 2011 V8 Supercars removed as it looks like we are getting new ones through the career mode leak.

Assuming we keep all these cars from FM5 (not likely, T10 have a history of cutting 20-30 cars from game to game, like from FM1 to FM2 etc) and then taking across most of the exclusive FH2 cars (not including off-road/extreme off-road vehicles, they probably want to keep them exclusive to FH2) as well as the new confirmed cars for FM6, we end up with 387 cars for FM6. If we include the Team Forza and Pre Order livery cars as part of the 450 cars, we end up at 403 cars. Either way, that is at least 47 or 63 to be confirmed cars for FM6. That number could also be closer to 80, if T10 decide to cut some cars from FM5.

This number may will almost certainly fluctuate depending on what cars T10 keep from FM5 and carry over from FH2. I’m hoping for at least 70 new cars that aren’t in FM5, FH2 or already announced for FM6. This leaves enough room for T10 to flesh out some of the racing car lists that were sorely missed in FM5 – V8 Supercars, Nascars, Classic F1 Cars, Open Wheel, Can-Am, GT4/3/2/1, LMP, STCC, BTCC, WTCC etc. This also leaves room for more road cars to be added, new to the Franchise as well as some of the one-offs from FM4 that I expect to return (Alfa 155 pls)

Overall, with the 450 Cars at launch (Team Forza/Pre-Order Liveries included or not) + the F&F Car Pack, Car Pass and eventual Porsche Expansion + Whatever other DLC comes from FM6, this game will probably have the most diverse car list that any racing game has had for quite some time, if not ever.

No GT300... or GT500.
Good point, hopefully they'll make a return, but they seem the least likely out of the racing car types. Dan's already talked about adding plenty of racing cars - which is great, just other types of racing cars (new GT3, classic F1, V8 Supercars, Can-Am, WTCC/BTCC, IMSA) rather than GT300/500. That being said, there are still a lot of unannounced cars to come, and we may well see some new or returning GT300/500 cars at launch, possibly more post-launch in the car pass/expansions hopefully.

Last edited:
I don't like this. They start going down the "different livery=different car" route to boost the number of cars that Gran Turismo has taken.

They've done it before with the V8 Supercars and yes its rather disappointing. Absolutely no need for multiple of the exact same car. Simply just to bump numbers.

I don't like this. They start going down the "different livery=different car" route to boost the number of cars that Gran Turismo has taken.

They've done it before with the V8 Supercars and yes its rather disappointing. Absolutely no need for multiple of the exact same car. Simply just to bump numbers.
I agree, those basically count as 1 car in Forza that could easily be re-produced with vinyls. Should not count as 10 different cars. They basically modeled 1 car, and applied the vinyls to the other 9 cars. This is not GT. There is no need to do that.

I have always applauded T10 for having a high car count without hardly any duplicate cars at all. Especially in F4. Hopefully they don't start heading that route.

I don't see the problem really. Why does it bother you?

There are a few problems caused by this:
1. When I see "450 cars" on the box, I want to have 450 cars, not 45 wih each of them having different liveries or headlights (yes, I am overexaggerating).
2. It clutters up the dealerships. Good luck finding a specific mid-range Nissan in Gran Turismo 6 or have fun scrolling through all of them to buy the highest-end one.

Why not include the liveries as just different paint options?

There are a few problems caused by this:
1. When I see "450 cars" on the box, I want to have 450 cars, not 45 wih each of them having different liveries or headlights (yes, I am overexaggerating).
2. It clutters up the dealerships. Good luck finding a specific mid-range Nissan in Gran Turismo 6 or have fun scrolling through all of them to buy the highest-end one.

Why not include the liveries as just different paint options?

I guess that's where you and I differ. I don't mind digging through the car dealer to find what I what I am looking for. To me, it's part of the charm of games such as these or perhaps I am just used to it due to GT.

Anyways, I just look at it as PR by T10 and Microsoft. The "sim" racing genre is going to get crowded on the PS4 and XB1 so I just see it as nothing more then a selling point to those who aren't in know.

I wonder if the FIA may have given them a cut on licensing if they included all the teams?

Granted it's still annoying, but at least they are all real and different liveries unlike the Audi DTM cars in FM4.

I dont see the problem with V8 Supercars... its the same as Nascar or JGTC or DTM etc.

We know its a spec formula so you will have 10 cars that are Toyota Camry or Chevy SS nascars with different skins.

This is what that kind of racing is.

It always bothered me with normal road cars, but it never really phased me when it came to race cars.

I wonder if the FIA may have given them a cut on licensing if they included all the teams?

Granted it's still annoying, but at least they are all real and different liveries unlike the Audi DTM cars in FM4.
I agree that it most likely comes down to licensing. And if this means they can get a track on the Formula E circuit down the line, perhaps as DLC or at Launch, then I'm all for it.

With regards to them being duplicates: *shrug*. It's disappointing, but it's understandable that they couldn't include them all as a livery. Judging by the naming convention, they'll have their own make (Formula E), so they won't really bunch up the other menus. I'm disappointed this will limit the number of new cars we will conceivably see, but if that's the trade-off for T10 to have a USP, then I can't really blame them. I haven't watched a race yet, but I've heard it's the sort of close competition we all dream of.

On the plus side: welcome back to the series, Plymouth GTX. Also, not terribly surprising, but good to see the non-F&F Ghibli on the list too.

One of the reasons I ditched Gran Turismo for Forza was I was getting fed up with the clones of cars that were exactly the same, just a slightly different name (as well as the half arsed standards).

I would like to believe Turn 10 know better than to do this. I can deal with this to be honest, it's when we end up getting 20 Dodge Chargers or 30 chevrolet corvette that look the same I will start to have a problem with it.

But for now, we are all good :)

If this means I don't get a Z4M or Furai :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...
Otherwise its a bit low but I can deal with it.👍

The idea that these cars being included somehow gets in the way of other cars being selected is just as erroneous with Forza as it is with GT, or any other game.

More likely then not the Furai will not be in Forza as the car was destroyed a while ago due to a fire.
The Furai was in FM4, so it's not like they don't have the ability to reference the car again. I'm positive Mazda has even more information that would allow it to be recreated.

Back