Forza Motorsport 7: Auction House

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 99 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
DNuPT4WX0AAOiDj.jpg

The Auction House is a place where players can buy and sell cars with each other. This is the first Forza Motorsport title to feature the system since Forza Motorsport 4 in 2011. The Auction House was also a feature in Forza Horizon 3 (2016).

It is also a good place to find rare cars that a player may have missed an opportunity to obtain in the past, such as #Forzathon reward cars or Single Player Campaign reward cars that cannot be bought normally.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything regarding the Auction House in this thread.
  • Share cars that you're selling.
  • Ask if anybody has particular cars for sale.
  • Share your best and worst deals.

Last edited:
I'll be selling my #499 Sylvia for sure, plus plenty more. I LOVE the auction house :D

Normally yes (I think NASCAR caps at 200k) but annoyingly legendary painters can charge 20 million buyout for everything

Was really disappointed when I saw a D class Elan with a bid of 20 mil on it

What is a legendary painter and how does one acquire such a title?

I'm a legendary painter in my opinion, I just haven't been discovered yet :D

When I bought this game I paid 100 bucks for the Deluxe Edition, and I wanted to make sure I got everything out of my 100 bucks that I can. Because previous versions milked me for all the add on content and I ended up paying way more in the long run. Okay, as a VIP member I don't really understand the point to the Auction house. I see the cars up for auction, and every single one I own, and most of them already have the design I applied, or the design I do have I like better. So why would I pay 1 million for a car I own, or that I can get for 300-500 thousand or in many cases, get for free. And the Buy Elite designs? Why buy these for 400,000 when you can get it for free? All of this is just for In Game Credits, right? So people who nothing better to spend their credits on are buying this all up? What are the benefits to me selling cars I own? If I sell a Very Rare car, I can buy it back right? (specifically the Forza Edition Cars, I believe I cannot buy back the cars I won as rewards for the Forza Drivers Cup). And what about etiquette? Is it okay for me to sell a car that I applied someone else's design to? For example PJTierney. Is that cool? Honestly, you shouldn't be able to sell other people's work, how come they don't get a percentage? I realize that was a lot of questions. I just never had the chance to ask this on a forum. Sorry if that is a bit of a rant, thanks for reading.

When I bought this game I paid 100 bucks for the Deluxe Edition, and I wanted to make sure I got everything out of my 100 bucks that I can. Because previous versions milked me for all the add on content and I ended up paying way more in the long run. Okay, as a VIP member I don't really understand the point to the Auction house. I see the cars up for auction, and every single one I own, and most of them already have the design I applied, or the design I do have I like better. So why would I pay 1 million for a car I own, or that I can get for 300-500 thousand or in many cases, get for free. And the Buy Elite designs? Why buy these for 400,000 when you can get it for free? All of this is just for In Game Credits, right? So people who nothing better to spend their credits on are buying this all up? What are the benefits to me selling cars I own? If I sell a Very Rare car, I can buy it back right? (specifically the Forza Edition Cars, I believe I cannot buy back the cars I won as rewards for the Forza Drivers Cup). And what about etiquette? Is it okay for me to sell a car that I applied someone else's design to? For example PJTierney. Is that cool? Honestly, you shouldn't be able to sell other people's work, how come they don't get a percentage? I realize that was a lot of questions. I just never had the chance to ask this on a forum. Sorry if that is a bit of a rant, thanks for reading.
The auction house has many purposes.

As a buyer you the potential to get cars at cheaper prices, for people just wanting to sell off inventory fast that they don't necessarily care about. You can also buy special one off vehicles that you can't purchase anywhere else, like Forzathon vehicles or even Forza Edition vehicles. You can also come by unique liveries if someone chose not upload the livery to the public.

As a seller, you can go in and pick up vehicles for cheap and flip them around and get marginal/large profits off it and rack in the money. People do this and end up with millions.

Like any market, it takes sifting through the rubbish to find the gems.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, so maybe someone else can chime in.

I believe you need a livery on your storefront with 5 stars in popularity

Hard to get the required attention to achieve 5-star popularity.
The system is pretty stupid anyway. I remember in FM4 you would see the design rotating on the car, so you'd get a better idea what it looks like.
Nowadays we have a fixed image from an awkward angle meaning you don't even know what the rest of the design looks like, it really makes no sense at all. Wish we could go back to the rotating cars and/or even add our own image(s) for the storefront.

I'm still at work so I haven't got to check out the auction house yet, but I have a Ram Runner I'm needing to dump. Early on I accidentally bought a duplicate, not knowing I already had one.

I'm still at work so I haven't got to check out the auction house yet, but I have a Ram Runner I'm needing to dump. Early on I accidentally bought a duplicate, not knowing I already had one.

I don't think your going to have much luck as I don't think non-VIP's can buy it.

I don't think your going to have much luck as I don't think non-VIP's can buy it.
Anyone can buy it, but since both versions are sold in the Buy Car menu and the XP thing doesn't work anymore with the FE one, I don't see much demand for it.

Hard to get the required attention to achieve 5-star popularity.
The system is pretty stupid anyway. I remember in FM4 you would see the design rotating on the car, so you'd get a better idea what it looks like.
Nowadays we have a fixed image from an awkward angle meaning you don't even know what the rest of the design looks like, it really makes no sense at all. Wish we could go back to the rotating cars and/or even add our own image(s) for the storefront.
I did my part to help you out. I went through all of the designs I downloaded and applied to liveries and "liked" them all. It is a pain in the butt to do. You have to go into the Paint Car menu, then to my designs, and then it shows you all of the designs you ever applied to liveries. From there you can select each one and Like. I suggest you do it to all. And yes, you can like your own designs. I don't know if this helps.

I bought another Nissan GT-R Forza Edition, for 550,000, applied a Mine's design to it, and put it up for auction, with a Buy It Now for 5,500,000. It's the first thing I have ever auctioned off. I don't feel right about applying someone else's hard work to a car I just bought and then auctioning it off at 10 times the amount. However, everyone else is doing it, and 5 million credits can be very helpful. I have dabbled a little on some simple designs and may auction some of those off. I really enjoy designing paint schemes, I'm not very skilled, but I think I can improve.

I did the same thing with the BMW Forza Edition. I put it up for auction earlier today at 200k, but haven't checked to see if it sold.

In the Auction House I searched for and found 3 of the "Hoonigan" cars up for auction, (One version was up twice, just different paint job). I was unable to bid OR Buy It Now on any of the auctions, giving some sort of "unable to download verification" error or something of that nature.

In the Auction House I searched for and found 3 of the "Hoonigan" cars up for auction, (One version was up twice, just different paint job). I was unable to bid OR Buy It Now on any of the auctions, giving some sort of "unable to download verification" error or something of that nature.
You have to have the dlc in order to use the car. The hoonigan cars came only in the digital copy of Forza 7.

Anyone can buy it, but since both versions are sold in the Buy Car menu and the XP thing doesn't work anymore with the FE one, I don't see much demand for it.

Are you sure anyone can buy the VIP FE's? Because the only M4 that had a bid is being won by a VIP, the rest have 0 bids.

Edit: All sellers are also VIP.

Last edited:
I'll be looking to sell all of my Horizon Editions and buying the Specialty Dealer cars from last week(My internet was shut off for a week and a half so I missed them). Let me know if you want mine or want to sell what I want so we can coordinate.

Are you sure anyone can buy the VIP FE's? Because the only M4 that had a bid is being won by a VIP, the rest have 0 bids.

Edit: All sellers are also VIP.
Pretty sure, considering at least one of them can be bought outright from in-game. The "apology" cars they gave to VIPs earlier are just ones you get from completing the Elite singleplayer tiers, so those certainly aren't locked exlcusives.

Also, you're not going to see many bids on any car until the auction is almost over. There's also the fact that the game has only been out for a month so not many people have giant piles of credits to throw away just yet, and the ones that do via that Ram XP farming probably have all the non-locked cars from leveling up anyway.

Well, the auction house is virtually useless to me since it’s so restrictive and poorly designed compared to Horizon 3’s.

Baffaling that I can’t put up my duplicate FE cars or any other cars that I won, but that’s not the only issue. It’s also annoying that I can’t tell from a glance if a car can be auctioned off or not. I have to check each car one at a time, and the laggy menus don’t help either. How hard would it have been to at least put a gavel icon or something next to a car that can be auctioned off? If they’re going to stupidly restrict what we can put up, at least make it easier for us to identify what can.

I got the two achievements for using the auction house but I doubt I’ll ever come back to it in its current state.

Rats. Was hoping there would be an influx of hoonigan Mazda's buy there's none at all.

Well, the auction house is virtually useless to me since it’s so restrictive and poorly designed.

Been thinking this too. Some FE cars can be sold, and some can't. Likewise with prize cars.. there's no rhyme or reason to it.
And WHY does the game impose daft "maximum buyout" restrictions on most cars? Surely I can price MY cars however I want :confused:

Rats. Was hoping there would be an influx of hoonigan Mazda's buy there's none at all.

I would sell all the Hoonigan and FF8 cars in a heartbeat as I have no interest in them, but I'm not allowed.

Last edited:
Apparently you can sell some of the cars you get for free as I was able to list 2/3 Formula E cars I had and can't recall paying for any of them.

Surprisingly they were both bought out in minutes (granted I did have the buyout on minimum).

Sadly, I think I'm probably done with the AH. Unless they make some changes I can't see it being as fun as it was last gen or even FH3. The caps are annoying and the limits on what you can and can't auction just makes things worse.

Apparently you can sell some of the cars you get for free as I was able to list 2/3 Formula E cars I had and can't recall paying for any of them.

Surprisingly they were both bought out in minutes (granted I did have the buyout on minimum).

Sadly, I think I'm probably done with the AH. Unless they make some changes I can't see it being as fun as it was last gen or even FH3. The caps are annoying and the limits on what you can and can't auction just makes things worse.

I have 8 Formula E cars and only one of them can be put up for auction. This 🤬 doesn’t make any sense.

Back