Forza Motorsport 7 Development Will End After August Update

Ahh, the end of Forza 7.. the game that made me leave Microsoft behind, buy a PS4 and go back to Gran Turismo.
I wonder if the direction they take with FM8 will entice me back.

Ps not a troll post, just stating a fact. I know there are plenty who love Forza and good luck to you all. Not trying to start a war here, FM7 just wasn’t for me.
Hopefully FM8 will be.

The funniest part is the fact that the sister car has a Forza logo or two on it.

546b778976eae_-_2013-srt-viper-gts-r-lg.jpg

:lol:

When FM7 came out it was a 7/10 for me. 20 months later it's an 8.5/10. The only thing for me that hurts it from being a 10 is lack of robust real content like a track or two and more race type cars, nagging small bugs many of which are in freeplay and on some cars.

Shame they aren't going to get around to fixing drafting, the racing is really hurt by the current model.

Hoping it includes options for a few features already in the game, like the ability to turn off tire walls without having to turn on FRR in private lobbies, the ability to choose from time of day presets when setting up a lobby, etc.

Was really hoping for a few more cars to come over from FH4. I get that it's too much to ask for new models given the point we are in the game's life, but sending some things over from FH4 that already have rivals in FM7 would do a lot. Things like the Hillman Imp to race against the Mini and Cortina, or the trio of the V8 Vantage, 911 Carrera, and new TVR would be a fun group to make a series around.

I know it won't happen, but tire wear and fuel burn multipliers in the lobby setup menu would be incredible too.

Have they removed all the fake tire walls yet from the tracks? If not, any info that will happen with that final Aug update?

It was mentioned long time ago in a Forza monthly that with the introduction of FRR they would also remove the fake tire walls. Tracks like VIR look really crappy compared to the real deal with those things.

Farewell Forza Motorsport 7. I jumped in only about half a year ago and you were great addition to My racing game collection. I will keep playing as long as servers are live it is a lot of fun to take my dream cars on racetrack even for a few solo time attacks! I wish all the best to take 10 next forza is gonna stir the pot! :) what update did you guys like the best ? my favourite was FRR introduction not long ago :)

Ahh, the end of Forza 7.. the game that made me leave Microsoft behind, buy a PS4 and go back to Gran Turismo.
I wonder if the direction they take with FM8 will entice me back.

Ps not a troll post, just stating a fact. I know there are plenty who love Forza and good luck to you all. Not trying to start a war here, FM7 just wasn’t for me.
Hopefully FM8 will be.

Totally the same case here.
I bought an Xbox OneX just for Forza Motorsport 7, because I'm a long time Forza MOTORSPORT fan. I played Forza since the first one, on Xbox Classic.
I never thought, that the Motorsport 7 will be soooo disappointing to me. :(
It's kind a Motorsport / Horizon hibrid with the ridiculous costumes and some other design choices.
So exactly the same happened with me:
I bought a PS4 Pro, and started playing Gran Turismo, for the first time ever...
And meanwhile I always give a chance to my big love; Forza...
I checked it after every update, how the things are, and...
It's not my franchise anymore. :(
Maybe the Motorsport 8...
We will see.
But this time I definitely not going to pre-order it. It was a big mistake.

Forza 7 was a weird one for me. I spend 300 h in both Forza 5 and 6, but only about 140 h in Forza 7. I never understood all the negativity towards it. There was a lot of bad publicity about Loot Boxes, but there were never a real issue. It didnt even have microtransactions. It was cool to have Forza 7 as the 4K showcase game at the launch if the One X. But that isnt a novelty anymore. Peesonally i lost interest in Forza 7 as soon as i realized that its not a proper sim and never was. I wasnt looking for absurdly stupid driver gear, i was looking for realism, great ffb and sim features and i found them elsewhere.

So looking back at Forza 7, it was a good game, but it was also the Forza with the strange avatar stuff and the Forza without any major Expansion. This is also the game were Turn 10 fell way behind in important areas like online racing. Gran Turismo was chasing Forza for years, but all of a sudden, Forza was left behind.

I wonder where this Franchise is heading. I always had the impression that Turn 10 wasnt happy with their own game. I dont see much room left for a Simcade like this. I suppose Forza Motorsport has to become a proper sim or focus on the aracde/fun style of Horizon. But i really hope they wont do the latter.

For all it's faults, FM7 is still my favourite Forza game simply because of 'free play' and the car and track list.
Being able to set up my own events is a dream come true, with no more being limited to that car on that track events.

Once you found out whats possible in Assetto Corsa (on PC) and Raceroom in that regard there is no going back to anything Forza im affraid.

Once you found out whats possible in Assetto Corsa (on PC) and Raceroom in that regard there is no going back to anything Forza im affraid.
I get that, but as a casual gamer it's good enough for me, with past GT or Forza games you were limited to only being able to race certain cars on certain tracks or with a limited amount of laps or a.i. difficultly.

Hopefully Motorsport 8 should use the Blueprint system from Horizon 4 to create your own events and championships, so that it has a little something similar to the "fun factor" that Assetto Corsa has (heck, you can even choose your opponents' cars and rename them from there).

Very sad news but the game has received fantastic updates and free cars since launch, owning Forza 7 day one I remember it had nothing really on release. I thought there was a A I update based on real world Forza players, I was looking forward to this. Also how will we get M Rossi race suit hehe I keep checking the race shop daily :(. I hope the update in August will be good, I’m guessing no more tracks as I was hoping a expansion would add that but still great job the game I enjoy it.

Very sad news but the game has received fantastic updates and free cars since launch, owning Forza 7 day one I remember it had nothing really on release. I thought there was a A I update based on real world Forza players, I was looking forward to this. I hope the update in August will be good, I’m guessing no more tracks as I was hoping a expansion would add that but still great job the game I enjoy it.

Yeah I remember them talking about improving the a.i. during a Forza Monthly, guess they were talking about the future of the series.
So while I appreciate the honesty about trade offs and costs in the last Forza Monthly, they need to be carefully about making 'it might happen at some point' promises, not good PR in the long run. And again for PR, I think they should of finished off with a nice gift in the last update, as they talk about the next game like people are just gonna be given the new console. Hell, I think most fans would of happily paid for a new track anyway.

Funny you should use a car that made Gran Turismo famous as the banner for your Forza article.

I enjoy driving it around Laguna Seca, which GT made famous too but funnily doesn't feature anymore...

1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah too bad you need a strong PC and a highly expensive steering wheel for those two games though...

I'd rather stick with Forza/GT on consoles, where I can just pick a controller and play thank you.

On topic: Forza 7 for me has been good, but not the greatest entry after FM6. However, I will say, right now, it's a hell a lot more better than FM6 (especially FM4, yeah that's right I said it FM4 hardcores!) Let me explain below.

After eeeing T10 support it, and how communcative they were, FM7 has became a better game than before IMO. Sure it sucks they'll be dropping support for FM7, but at the same time, I'm kinda glad they are if it means working on the next game and making it the greatest entry (especially after hearing they will be doing something about the fantasy tracks and custom lobbies).

I remember when Forza 7 was first released, it had so many glaring issues, liking loading cars in your garage, blend UI, the physics and so much more man. I almost lost interest in it and went back to GT again...which decided for some reason to switch over to esports, which wasn't my thing tbh, so I stuck around. And like PD, T10 updated their game to what it is now, and I for one am so glad they did just that. Just look at it, better physics model (cars hardly slide), new features like Open Track Day, the return of the Test Drive mode (with drivatars this time), better UI with colourful images, replacing price crates for Race Shop (silly name should have been Forza Shop), and more.

The content of FM7 is what has me favor it over GTS and other racing sims, just like how I favored GT6 over FM5 content wise back in the day. I like to collect, customize and drive cars in these games. If you're someone who loved GT for its cars back in the past, you'll know what I mean. I don't consider myself a hardcore, but more so a causal. I play these games to have fun not work myself like in real life. That one reason why Forza is currently my go to racer, and why I moved on from GT - it became less of a game and I noticed that more in GTS. I hope GT7 can be more what it was and what made me to love it as a kid, but with Kaz behind it, I don't know man, don't have much faith in his words in the latest news... Hope to be proven wrong though, as in, Kaz actually delivering a 'game' for us FANS and not for just HIM.

Who knows what the future holds for Forza as a franchise though. All I want from them really is a game I can still enjoy to this day with added content and new features. It's exciting just thinking about the possible return of many fantasy tracks like Camino de' Monsteratt, and cars from old Forzas (FM7 has this but FH4 is on fire with this fact lately haha). I never expected more tracks for FM7, so my fingers are crossed for more in the next game.

Speaking of the next game. It'll obviously won't be every bodies cup of tie judging how indecisive this community can be (literally), but for me, as along as can be beat out FM7 in terms of content and features (like, uhh, featuring rallycross) but carry over its modes like Open Track, than hell yeah from me!

Offtopic: Toyota you better get that stick out of your exhaust pipe and come back to not just Forza, but other racing games too next year!!

Last edited:
what update did you guys like the best ?

December FFB update.

Forza 7 is where I go to just relax and appreciate the graphics.
Lightning reflecting off the track surface and cars? Yes please.

I wish we could mod the AI on PC, tone down their aggressive nature.

bracket racing
Bracket racing? As in, try and get close but not beat your own time (like Santa Pod Bracket Racing)? If that's what you mean then, well, I think it's stupid. Get an auto with predicable launches and you're golden.

It's a decent game, I even bought an Xbox One back in 2014 just for Forza 5, coming off the high quality of Forza 4, but goddamn have they oversaturated the franchise with 6 games released just this generation, with Forza 7 I finally fell off, the games just don't feel innovative or even classy anymore, Forza 4 was perfect in almost every aspect, but Forza 7 feels so lifeless and bland. Finally got a PS4 with GTS and the difference in quality is staggering, just the menus alone make GT feel like a premium product and Forza 7 by comparison almost looks like a student project quickly slapped together the night before the due date. Within one generation I went from a big fan to a big meh. It will take a lot of work to convince me to come back.

Bracket racing? As in, try and get close but not beat your own time (like Santa Pod Bracket Racing)? If that's what you mean then, well, I think it's stupid. Get an auto with predicable launches and you're golden.

Bracket as in tournament bracket.

16-team-tournament-bracket.gif

Back