Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I see it, but it's greyed out. I was trying to tune a Mazda MX5 (The 3rd gen with the hard top), and I couldn't do it in free play. I was able to race it, but test drive was always un-selectable.

I have the same issue. Test Drive is always grayed out.

Go into race options and then where you would normally select things like timed race or lap race there is now a test drive option. It's in all caps as well and then you just start race as usual.

Go into race options and then where you would normally select things like timed race or lap race there is now a test drive option. It's in all caps as well and then you just start race as usual.
Oh, I know that, and I've used it. It's just odd that they offer us "test drive" in the main menu but it's grayed out.

Thanks. I stumbled upon it but after an hour of running the MX5, I forgot how I got into that mode.

I built myself an A class Fiat Dino with an awd turbo v8 swap that makes 800hp... It has a racing transmission and everything else is stock. Makes good work of those pesky Alfa 33s on the straights. Can't brake or corner very well though. :lol:

I built myself an A class Fiat Dino with an awd turbo v8 swap that makes 800hp... It has a racing transmission and everything else is stock. Makes good work of those pesky Alfa 33s on the straights. Can't brake or corner very well though. :lol:
Completely unrelated, but I hate your NSX.

I don't know what it is as I haven't played online in so long, but my recent attempts at Multiplayer have been relatively grief-free. While testing out my Wraith and Dawn in A-class hoppers last night(which are turning out to be surprisingly fast), I had a good amount of clean races, even starting at the back of the pack.

One race in particular, on one of the Sebring short ribbons, I had a neck-to-neck race with an M2 the whole entire race. We would switch spots throughout the race, but we were never more than 150 ft from each other. By the end of the race we came up to the line side by side, everyone else in the lobby was about 1500+ft behind us too :lol:

As it sits, I'm having way more fun with this game compared to the relatively dull experience I had at/near launch.

I have always enjoyed drifting in Forza, but the new suspension has made it even better -

Yeah, I'm a terrible drifter, but now even I can put together a drift run that won't force me to hide my head in shame.

Let it not be said that I take T10's ****-ups lightly... :lol:

upload_2018-8-14_23-47-6.png

There's also the fact the aero covers on the wheels clearly say 956 when it's a 962.

That's what motivated me to fit some golden custom rims on my Rothmans 962C, so it resembles the one sitting in the Porsche museum in Stuttgart (assuming it has been repaired after being rear-ended by a 911 GT3 Cup at Goodwood this year :scared:).

To be fair, the Cougar WAS a Mustang.

Well yes. For half a second without zooming on the picture I thought it was one of those:
149553750.MIkwb8rB.jpg

That's what motivated me to fit some golden custom rims on my Rothmans 962C, so it resembles the one sitting in the Porsche museum in Stuttgart (assuming it has been repaired after being rear-ended by a 911 GT3 Cup at Goodwood this year :scared:).

At least that'll give them an excuse to restore it properly this time around.

I just gotta say being able to save and name custom races in freeplay is a huge blessing for this game. Good move for that T10, I have so many race setups already and to not have to redo all these millions of settings anymore...:bowdown:

For what feels like the 13th time since release, the Aussie Charger is once again a Dodge in the car collection screen... I think it changed identities with every update. :crazy:

There's also the fact the aero covers on the wheels clearly say 956 when it's a 962.
I don’t think that’s necessary a typo. After all the 962 was the evolution of the 956 so maybe Porsche didn’t bother to repaint or exchange those covers.

I would not be surprised if the car that T10 scanned indeed had 956 written there.

I don’t think that’s necessary a typo. After all the 962 was the evolution of the 956 so maybe Porsche didn’t bother to repaint or exchange those covers.

I would not be surprised if the car that T10 scanned indeed had 956 written there.
At first this is what I thought, too. But I'm struggling to find any clear pictures of a 962C with 956 wheel covers, in fact no pictures at all of the Shell liveried car with an writing on the wheels at all.

I still don't think it's a mistake in the game (they carried the wheels over from the Rothams car, but left the text on the wheels for the Shell car) but maybe someone can find a clear shot of a 962 with the wheel covers. :lol:

It does look the 962 had covers marked 962, at least on some of them. Like this chassis number 108C-2, which is a 24 Hours of Daytona car, not a Rothmans liveried Le Mans car.
image810022016582456.jpg

Edit: Best I could do, but it's not a real picture of the car, the #17 962C, like in the game, has 956 covers:
porsche__17_962c_1987_by_airone-daj74r8.jpg

Last edited:
At first this is what I thought, too. But I'm struggling to find any clear pictures of a 962C with 956 wheel covers, in fact no pictures at all of the Shell liveried car with an writing on the wheels at all.

I still don't think it's a mistake in the game (they carried the wheels over from the Rothams car, but left the text on the wheels for the Shell car) but maybe someone can find a clear shot of a 962 with the wheel covers. :lol:

It does look the 962 had covers marked 962, at least on some of them. Like this chassis number 108C-2, which is a 24 Hours of Daytona car, not a Rothmans liveried Le Mans car.

Edit: Best I could do, but it's not a real picture of the car, the #17 962C, like in the game, has 956 covers:

It's not the same number, but here's a 962C LH in Rothmans livery with the 956 wheel covers:
AERO%2BWHEEL%2BCOVERS%2BBBS%2B17.jpg

So I think that's enough to confirm that some had them, and therefore the one T10 got ahold of likely had them.

Back