Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
For what feels like the 13th time since release, the Aussie Charger is once again a Dodge in the car collection screen... I think it changed identities with every update. :crazy:
I'm checking since we just had an update... Nope. Still called a Dodge.

It's not the same number, but here's a 962C LH in Rothmans livery with the 956 wheel covers:

So I think that's enough to confirm that some had them, and therefore the one T10 got ahold of likely had them.

Back in the days all sorts of crazy things went on with race cars because the race against time for the best and fastest cars was constantly ongoing. If you read about the Ferrari 330 P4 for example, it was originally built from the 330 P3. At least one of them, I believe only 4 330 P4s were made and 2 of them were converted P3s with the other 2 being newly built P4s or something. Sometimes changes happed between seasons, sometimes during a season. And even crazier is the Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion, which is basically the mid/rear of a 962 with the nose of the 911 (993) welded on top of it.

Also the state those vintage race cars are in today (for scanning) is not necessary the state they were in when they were retired from racing. Possibly parts of 1 car were salvaged and used to bandage another car.

Back in the days all sorts of crazy things went on with race cars because the race against time for the best and fastest cars was constantly ongoing. If you read about the Ferrari 330 P4 for example, it was originally built from the 330 P3. At least one of them, I believe only 4 330 P4s were made and 2 of them were converted P3s with the other 2 being newly built P4s or something. Sometimes changes happed between seasons, sometimes during a season. And even crazier is the Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion, which is basically the mid/rear of a 962 with the nose of the 911 (993) welded on top of it.

Also the state those vintage race cars are in today (for scanning) is not necessary the state they were in when they were retired from racing. Possibly parts of 1 car were salvaged and used to bandage another car.

Pretty much. I remember seeing complaints about certain liveries on race cars being "inaccurate" when it turns out T10 simply captured them during a certain availability window, after which the liveries were adjusted, so the captured car is essentially outdated. Basically as you said the fact of the matter is that race cars are always changing, whether it's slight sponsor differences or being rebuilt entirely, so I'm willing to give Forza the benefit of the doubt for having supposed inaccuracies which are actually just down to it being accurate at the time of scanning and being difficult/impossible to keep up with every car's minor changes.

Pretty much. I remember seeing complaints about certain liveries on race cars being "inaccurate" when it turns out T10 simply captured them during a certain availability window, after which the liveries were adjusted, so the captured car is essentially outdated. Basically as you said the fact of the matter is that race cars are always changing, whether it's slight sponsor differences or being rebuilt entirely, so I'm willing to give Forza the benefit of the doubt for having supposed inaccuracies which are actually just down to it being accurate at the time of scanning and being difficult/impossible to keep up with every car's minor changes.
Yes livery "inaccuracies" I'm not too worried about. Using the homologated road version interior for the Lancia Delta S4 Group B rally car on the other hand... And talking about liveries, that car should get one too. I mean there must be *some* of the liveries of it they can get licensed to be used? And the same goes for the Stratos HF Group 4 which also came naked. Even though Blizzard Mountain was one of my most favorite DLC expansions ever, the shape some of the cars from that expansion were in was a big letdown.

When Project CARS 2 was about to release I actually had some fun finding the exact car (matching livery) that was scanned for the game and then finding a real life picture of it, see the thread below for some fun duo pictures. :) Which also reminds me that often headlights are also different between races or teams so that while a car with 1 livery matches the real life car perfectly (e.g. with yellow endurance headlights), with another livery it might mismatch a little bit because that team races in sprint races with white headlights. :) You see that in the first reply I made to the thread below, SMS put the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 in the game but one of the liveries it can have is from a team for the 24h of the Nurburgring, of course using the extra set of headlights since it's a 24h endurance race. :) But for other liveries it will match 100% since those cars would not have those extra headlights but instead the cover plate mounted there.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50928-Project-CARS-2-liveries-game-vs-real

Check this out, can't wait to dress up as a "Big Daddy"!
Echa un vistazo al Tweet de @ForzaRC:

Wait, there were rewards? I clicked on the link when it popped up yesterday, but it took me to the Mixer stream. I didn't see any tasks, just the chat screen. Was I not supposed to do that? Or I was I too late? I saw a few unique liveries that I hope I didn't miss out on.

Wait, there were rewards? I clicked on the link when it popped up yesterday, but it took me to the Mixer stream. I didn't see any tasks, just the chat screen. Was I not supposed to do that? Or I was I too late? I saw a few unique liveries that I hope I didn't miss out on.
You have to go to watch.forzarc.com. That's the only one that gives out rewards.

Okay, thank you. Shouldn't the link that advertises it take you right there? Unless, they don't want you to collect on the rewards. Hmmm, puzzling. Oh and one other thing. The other night I got my last common/uncommon Driver Gear, the Tech Camouflage Brown suit. That one has been doggin me forever. And yes, I got it in the 25,000 CR Driver gear box. I think I will go spend a few million on the other Driver Gear crates and see if I can come up with any other Rare, Super Rare, and Legendary suits I am missing. I am up to over 75 Million CR, with about 140 unopened Driver level up bonuses. I also need only 8 more of the Badges, 7 Legendary and 1 Super Rare to go, (not counting the VIP level badges).

Does anyone know what could be causing my game to be so unstable? Sometimes I can do 5 or 6 races just fine, sometimes my game will crash 5 or 6 times before it lets me into one race.

The game crashed at 4:55

This has been going on constantly since launch and I have done everything to try and fix it (including resetting my XB1 and reinstalling the game several times).

I don't know if it's just my bad luck with Forza (I tend to get very unusual game breaking bugs that no one else does) or if my XB1 (which is only a few months old) has something wrong with it.

@JeepXJFreak can attest to just how ridiculous it can get sometimes. I can have my game crash nearly 5 times in the span of 10 minutes which should NOT be happening with a AAA console release.

No other game has issues as bad as this. I can play any other game online just fine but Forza just doesn't seem to want to work.

After the game crashed in that video I got this message
713d69af-4898-435e-9f78-b9e755de3a96_Thumbnail.PNG

@JR98 Do you have your games installed on the internal xbox one harddrive, or on an external USB 3.0 hardrive?
Installed on the internal hard drive, I don't have an external one.

It's also the digital version of the game.

Installed on the internal hard drive, I don't have an external one.

It's also the digital version of the game.

Installing on an external hard drive seemed to massively increase the stability of space-hungry games (like Forza) to me - if you can fork the cash for a USB 3.0 HDD or SSD, I suggest you try going that route.

Please bear in mind, however, that Forza seems to be quite wonky when playing online - especially if you are not on an "open" NAT and/or are on a low bandwidth connection.

I would highly recommend picking up a good external USB 3.0 HDD. The internal drive in the original xbox one is only a 5400RPM drive running on an outdated Sata standard (the sata standard on the Xbox one S was updated to Sata 3). This means that a USB 3.0 harddrive has faster transfer rates of data, compared to the internal drive on the original xbox one. I used to experience more game crashes using the internal drive on my Xbox one, as well as more texture popin issues as well.

Ideally you want to look towards Seagate USB 3.0 desktop drives, or even their "back up plus" range (also called the Game drive hub). The latter will give you a 2 port USB 3.0 hub on the front of it, and they are compatible with the Xbox one.

I use a 2tb Seagate desktop drive on my Xbox one, but I also have an 8tb Game Drive hub; which I use for extra storage on my PC. Both drives are excellent and quiet.

p.s Using an external drive "may" improve your experience. Its however, no guarantee. It also depends on if there is an underlying hardware fault on your xbox one itself. But, its the cheapest option to test with. As an external HDD is cheaper than a new Xbox one. Plus having an external drive, also means more storage capacity; which means more games installed

Last edited:
Just had a race in a B-class hopper lobby. There were like 10-12 guys in the race, after the race ended i checked the leaderboard only to find 3 entry's (im the only B class car on there)

Thought okay, i finished first,it might need time to update. So backed out to check the Leaderboards from Free Play. but still the only 3 drivers on this leaderboard. Track is Sebring Club @ Night. Im just wondering if everybody else see's them selfes and no others or whats going on here?

EDIT: Turns out i was in a homologated car...DOH!

Last edited:
Had some really good races last night with @JR98 (after his game stopped derping) and @Cowboy in an E class hopper. Roughly 90% of the races were clean and close, except for one tool in a 2CV that tried taking out JR. Problem was, we were in Ford Crown Vics. Good luck budging us. :lol:
He ended up leaving, then proceeded to send all three of us messages claiming that we were cheaters and that we were being reported to Turn 10. Gotta love griefers posing as the victims. :lol::lol:

Had some really good races last night with @JR98 (after his game stopped derping) and @Cowboy in an E class hopper. Roughly 90% of the races were clean and close, except for one tool in a 2CV that tried taking out JR. Problem was, we were in Ford Crown Vics. Good luck budging us. :lol:
He ended up leaving, then proceeded to send all three of us messages claiming that we were cheaters and that we were being reported to Turn 10. Gotta love griefers posing as the victims. :lol::lol:
That makes no sense as you really cant cheat in forza lol if its clean its clean

It’s probably when they last touched it up and just haven’t done anything to it since than. It will be interesting to see if they swap it out when the next game comes out since they’ll have to change all the Mazda stuff over to WeatherTech.

On a related note, I wonder if there are any FM2 flags floating around Road America? (Seriously T10, update this track already!)

It’s probably when they last touched it up and just haven’t done anything to it since than. It will be interesting to see if they swap it out when the next game comes out since they’ll have to change all the Mazda stuff over to WeatherTech.

On a related note, I wonder if there are any FM2 flags floating around Road America? (Seriously T10, update this track already!)
Now THAT will be interesting! :D

You might see FM4 flags instead as that's when they've last updated it. :P In FM2-3 they still had the bridge over turn 13.

Installing on an external hard drive seemed to massively increase the stability of space-hungry games (like Forza) to me - if you can fork the cash for a USB 3.0 HDD or SSD, I suggest you try going that route.

Please bear in mind, however, that Forza seems to be quite wonky when playing online - especially if you are not on an "open" NAT and/or are on a low bandwidth connection.

I would highly recommend picking up a good external USB 3.0 HDD. The internal drive in the original xbox one is only a 5400RPM drive running on an outdated Sata standard (the sata standard on the Xbox one S was updated to Sata 3). This means that a USB 3.0 harddrive has faster transfer rates of data, compared to the internal drive on the original xbox one. I used to experience more game crashes using the internal drive on my Xbox one, as well as more texture popin issues as well.

Ideally you want to look towards Seagate USB 3.0 desktop drives, or even their "back up plus" range (also called the Game drive hub). The latter will give you a 2 port USB 3.0 hub on the front of it, and they are compatible with the Xbox one.

I use a 2tb Seagate desktop drive on my Xbox one, but I also have an 8tb Game Drive hub; which I use for extra storage on my PC. Both drives are excellent and quiet.

p.s Using an external drive "may" improve your experience. Its however, no guarantee. It also depends on if there is an underlying hardware fault on your xbox one itself. But, its the cheapest option to test with. As an external HDD is cheaper than a new Xbox one. Plus having an external drive, also means more storage capacity; which means more games installed

Thanks for the suggestions although I think I fixed it.

Deleted all the games off my XB1 including FM7 and then reinstalled only FM7 and that seems to have fixed it. Raced in ABC’s with @JeepXJFreak for a good few hours yesterday and there was no issues whatsoever.

Deleted all the games off my XB1 including FM7 and then reinstalled only FM7 and that seems to have fixed it. Raced in ABC’s with @JeepXJFreak for a good few hours yesterday and there was no issues whatsoever.

Erasing things does help, as mechanical harddrives do slow down as the capacity limits are reached. The more space you have free, the quicker that drive can access the data. I would still advise you to pick up an external USB 3.0 harddrive.

Didn't want to suggest that, as I assumed you also wanted to play other games in your library. :lol:

It's a good temporary fix - Microsoft's choice of using cheaper (and more mechanically reliable, it's not all about the money) 5400 RPM drives means the One tends to spaz out when it's at capacity, and of course heavier games (like FM7, which is probably the heaviest title you can get rn on any platform) will tend to be affected more heavily, crashing or even failing to load. Still, external storage (or, if you're handy with electronics and out of warranty, upgrading the internal drive) is the way to go.

Back