Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Here is the difference between in game model of Forza and GTS, same tod and lighting. Just to show the difference in LOD for people that think its better in GTS and don't forget to look at the dynamic shadows vs static shadows.
27750748897_fe9b8b213d_o.png

People here need to relax and think before they post, all you guys do is go off topic and start unnecessary discussion.

Here is the difference between in game model of Forza and GTS, same tod and lighting. Just to show the difference in LOD for people that think its better in GTS and don't forget to look at the dynamic shadows vs static shadows.

People here need to relax and think before they post, all you guys do is go off topic and start unnecessary discussion.
So what you're saying is that they're both look like they're from 2006?

Last edited:
GTS does adds higher lod model, more reflections and higher quality reflections, higher draw distance, higher quality shadows and more track details. Forza doesn't do any of this and you say it less in GTS? And your image is not maxed out and is not the correct possition in photomode plus uncorrect sliders.
Not at all lol,stop saying falsities.

granturismosport_2018y4ic3.png

granturismosport_2018yfc8s.png

Regarding forza screnshots post a comparision yourself so we can see the truth...

With dynamic Night AND OR rain at that. "But but but, we have SS Route X, and it doesn't look 2006" Gotta love try hards. :lol::lol::lol:

Fixed that for you, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :lol:

Hmm. While GT:S obviously has the better lighting engine, in this case I feel like there's too much bloom and saturation... makes it look cartoony.

Regarding forza screnshots post a comparision yourself so we can see the truth...
Differences in Anti-aliasing, Different with interior textures and shaders and even missing parts all together in the interior, more precise shadows. What's hard to tell is if it's actually the Anti-aliasing, or if we're seeing a difference in LOD, since the AA seems so bad in game.

There's less of a difference in your FM photos you posted(that don't even accurately depict the differences with AA anyways, since my console version doesn't look that bad in game) than there is with these GTS images.

Hmm. While GT:S obviously has the better lighting engine, in this case I feel like there's too much bloom and saturation... makes it look cartoony.
Which used to be labeled as a bad thing for Forza, in the past. Funny how that seemed to have switched.

What are you trying to demonstrade with this?Difference between a game that runs on a more powerfull hardware ond the other that runs on a weaker one? i thoughtWe were discussing about differences between photomode and ingame

So what you're saying is that they're both look like they're from 2006?
Im just showing lod difference nothing more, and there is no game in 2006 that look like these 2.

Lol you played yourself,look at the interior and the bumper thats a different lod.
GTS gameplay
42761375845_db83cb12fe_o.png

GTS photomode
28776197717_80801f4ae9_o.png

look at the water reflection, car lod, interior, resolution, roads and track side details, they all improved. And you are the one saying falsities not me, i proved all my points unlike you.

What are you trying to demonstrade with this?Difference between a game that runs on a more powerfull hardware ond the other that runs on a weaker one? i thoughtWe were discussing about differences between photomode and ingame
You started that with GTS didn't have much difference in photomode compared to gameplay. And here is the diffrence in game vs photomode in Forza
28803827567_8df9fbbb73_o.png

29823083278_4bca671ce9_o.png

Well that's because you asked for in-game shots instead because you didn't like the photomode picture of Forza to be compared to the photomode picture of GT, so you got them. You literally asked for these, what's confusing about this?

The photomode on forza doesn't represent the real ingame graphics at all,post some ingame screenshots

Im just showing lod difference nothing more, and there is no game in 2006 that look like these 2.

Lol you played yourself,look at the interior and the bumper thats a different lod.
GTS gameplay

GTS photomode

look at the water reflection, car lod, interior, resolution, roads and track side details, they all improved. And you are the one saying falsities not me, i proved all my points unlike you.

GTS gameplay

GTS photomode

look at the water reflection, car lod, interior, resolution, roads and track side details, they all improved. And you are the one saying falsities not me,.
Yeah on reflexes two kilometers away that hardly improve the image where in forza that runs on a more powerful hardware the reflexes are added also on the car wagon...
here is forza on a weaker hardware:
forza7oqkek.gif

i proved all my points unlike you

No you were saying that on forza the difference is minimal, but my screenshots tells different story, now post yours im waiting

Yeah on reflexes two kilometers away that hardly improve the image where in forza that runs on a more powerful hardware the reflexes are added also on the car wagon...
Why would we compare it at it's worse? So it's ok to use the PS4 Pro but not the Xbox One X? You're moving the goalposts so much it's ridiculous. Why don't we just use the best console for each comparison?

No you were saying that on forza the difference is minimal, but my screenshots tells different story, now post yours im waiting
No, what you've shown is that it actually had less differences. That' was then backed up by the photomode and gameplay shot of the Mclaren literally right above your post. You said GTS doesn't do any of those things, which was proven wrong as well.

Last edited:
You can cite they have the same shadows, reflections, etc. etc., and whatever else. It doesn't make whatever this notion that FM2 & FM7 look "the same" sound any less sillier than it already is.
2007-forza-motorsport-2-turn-10-jpg.171278

2386152-gameplay2thumbbb.jpg
well I sure know that Forza loved the hell outta wide-ass font in 5.

By the way i realised that the BMW has a lod bug, i just teied with a mazda mx5 and the interiors are exactly the same, later i post the screenshots

By the way i realised that the BMW has a lod bug, i just teied with a mazda mx5 and the interiors are exactly the same
:lol: Well that's a convenient point to note, isn't it?

Is the LaFerrari sharing the same bug too? Because there's obvious differences with LOD in the interior on that one too.:rolleyes:

You started that with GTS didn't have much difference in photomode compared to gameplay. And here is the diffrence in game vs photomode in Forza
28803827567_8df9fbbb73_o.png

29823083278_4bca671ce9_o.png
Can you show me an environement where the car body can reflect an object, like near a tree or a gallery, and possibly do a screenshot before entering the photomode menu

I'm still a GT guy, but I will say, the LOD in the interiors of the cars in-race are not that great. at all.

The Atenza and LC500 are notable of this, the insides are really blocky and stuff.

I'm still a GT guy, but I will say, the LOD in the interiors of the cars in-race are not that great. at all.

The Atenza and LC500 are notable of this, the insides are really blocky and stuff.
If GT interiors are not that great what can we say about forza interiors?

GTS does adds higher lod model, more reflections and higher quality reflections, higher draw distance, higher quality shadows and more track details. Forza doesn't do any of this and you say it less in GTS? And your image is not maxed out and is not the correct possition in photomode plus uncorrect sliders.

What's a lie about that?
-You've already noticed the LOD differences between the BMW interiors, and if you look at the shots of the LeFerrari you'll also notice there's noticable differences there.
-Albeit slight, you can also see differences in the reflections between the two LeFerrari shots.
-You can see the obvious difference in the details of objects much farther back in the shot of the LeFerarri as well, hinting that the draw distance definitely does get affected.
-Not exactly a track detail as it's farther into the scenary, but on the LeFarrari shot again, you'll notice reflections of the trees in the water, but not in game. Even things along the track like foilage are more sparse, and trees look significantly worse during gameplay
-In the same BMW image, you can see a difference in the shadows.

If you'd actually look, the differences are there - The things that you are saying aren't happening at all. Why do you keep moving the goalposts? This is not a discussion of who does what better, it's of what game does what. Everything you've noted about either game so far hasn't been exactly true.
If GT interiors are not that great what can we say about forza interiors?

What about them? The argument is about the difference between the modes that you brought up. Not the overall model quality between the two. Not only that, but I have no idea how your point correlates at all to that video.

Last edited:
forza7oqkek.gif

Again fake low setting image, i dont own the F&F car pack but you can even see in a youtube footage that the detail is there and that your image is not from the game on ultra.
Go to 20sec and seee it yourself

Stop posting fake ****, i swear you fanboys are making threads like this a toxic place. All you do is start ****** arguments on Forza threads to derail the thread.

Stop posting fake ****, i swear you fanboys are making threads like this a toxic place. All you do is start ****** arguments on Forza threads to derail the thread.
Easy there.

I'm a GT fan, but I am partial to the Forza series as well, and I'd have to say, we're not all like this.

Easy there.

I'm a GT fan, but I am partial to the Forza series as well, and I'd have to say, we're not all like this.
I am a GT fan too, i grew with GT, i play them all and like them all equally but last 2 months some of them are really just trolling in Forza threads. You should look at there post history you will understand, they keep posting random stuff in Forza threads the whole time to start unnecessary discussion.

Its not fake lol, it is footage taken from the xbox one and that proves that photomode in forza on lower hardwares is like another game...as for the fanboy thing,here i see it has no consequnces to insult other peoples as far as they saying something bad to forza...intersting

Last edited:
Its not fake lol, it is footage taken from the xbox one and that proves that photomode in forza on lower hardwares is like another game...as for the fanboy thing,here i see it has no consequnces to insult other peoples as far as they saying something bad to forza...intersting
Yeah but make up your mind, geez. You first wanted in game shots so you got them, but as soon as you did you shoot them down asking why they were posted? Then you posted on “PC ULTRA” making that comparison, but as soon as you were shown that you were wrong you now switch to “oh yeah, well maybe lower versions don’t!” You’re flip flopping all over the place, and so far, most everything you’ve posted has been false for not only Forza, but GT as well.

The thing is, you are grasping for straws and literally running around with those goal posts especially considering that what you posted about the Charger isn’t what you’re seeing, because you don’t have a base Xbox. Why don’t we compare these at their best? Rather than Showing things on GTS at its best, but then getting upset with people showing Forza at its best

And how is it like another game, yet it’s only using extremely similar LOD changes to what you see in GTS, that you say doesn’t happen and that you’re apparently perfectly fine with happenining. Why is it so hard for some to be truthful in these situations.

Last edited:
...I didn't even say this???

Honestly, while I respect Forza's ability to quadrangle more polygons per square foot, it's just shocking to me how in 2019 they still haven't fixed the DPS on shadows when there's more than 3 sunbeams on screen. Don't even get me started on the flange tearing in the photomode interior cockpit view when you view it in rainy conditions on Suzuka at 3pm on a Sunday - absolutely inexcusable if you ask me. At least the spectral floon in the skybox was snorted out, though I still don't see how the tworp gart couldn't pert their gim at the slame time. Really if you defant Forbo in thos day and erg you broul is bant tiwok on moray pipis ant gorect yim fabble. Tent.

Back