Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Honestly, while I respect Forza's ability to quadrangle more polygons per square foot, it's just shocking to me how in 2019 they still haven't fixed the DPS on shadows when there's more than 3 sunbeams on screen. Don't even get me started on the flange tearing in the photomode interior cockpit view when you view it in rainy conditions on Suzuka at 3pm on a Sunday - absolutely inexcusable if you ask me. At least the spectral floon in the skybox was snorted out, though I still don't see how the tworp gart couldn't pert their gim at the slame time. Really if you defant Forbo in thos day and erg you broul is bant tiwok on moray pipis ant gorect yim fabble. Tent.

This was a journey, let me tell you. At first I thought you were being serious, and I was kinda rolling my eyes; but then as I kept reading, and the nonsense terms started piling up, and I realized what you were doing, I laughed pretty goddamn hard.

Well played.

Honestly, while I respect Forza's ability to quadrangle more polygons per square foot, it's just shocking to me how in 2019 they still haven't fixed the DPS on shadows when there's more than 3 sunbeams on screen. Don't even get me started on the flange tearing in the photomode interior cockpit view when you view it in rainy conditions on Suzuka at 3pm on a Sunday - absolutely inexcusable if you ask me. At least the spectral floon in the skybox was snorted out, though I still don't see how the tworp gart couldn't pert their gim at the slame time. Really if you defant Forbo in thos day and erg you broul is bant tiwok on moray pipis ant gorect yim fabble. Tent.

Yes, but for a number of years now, work has been proceeding in order to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

And that's why my favorite game rules and yours drools.

34f88b2c-2942-4418-8171-3a1d121cd742.PNG
cee3efca-fa7c-4da9-8c45-b20ad782127e.jpg

I don't agree with it looking worse than FM2 or whatever, I do find FM7 graphics inconsistent though. Somethings look better, road surface and paint look very flat though and green paints are a mess. I just wish more tracks had the sunny Silverstone or Homestead lighting and less with brown lighting and I think it wouldn't earn as much criticism.

View attachment 798140 View attachment 798141

I don't agree with it looking worse than FM2 or whatever, I do find FM7 graphics inconsistent though. Somethings look better, road surface and paint look very flat though and green paints are a mess. I just wish more tracks had the sunny Silverstone or Homestead lighting and less with brown lighting and I think it wouldn't earn as much criticism.
A problem I always had as well, especially when using single-layer paint. I love using red, but in direct sunlight it looks absolutely terrible on most tracks. Yas Marina happens to have some good lighting too, in my opinion. Lighting, specifically, is one thing I hope they work on most next gen.

GTSport has the most natural lighting but where are the effects? No rain, no visible damage, no dirt, poor smoke effect, perfectly clean windshield, no night time at Le Mans, lots of tracks are empty in terms of trackside objects and so on...
I think Turn 10 isn't happy with the current graphics too for some tracks (IMO something is off with Mapple Valley for example) and we'll never see a DLC track for Forza 7.

I noticed that a few nights ago after I got the update. I hope it gets fixed soon cause I still have some race suits to get.
FH3 is experiencing similar issues with its Forzathon. I think the current one is set to expire in 2099 :lol:

A problem I always had as well, especially when using single-layer paint. I love using red, but in direct sunlight it looks absolutely terrible on most tracks. Yas Marina happens to have some good lighting too, in my opinion. Lighting, specifically, is one thing I hope they work on most next gen.

This is what a colour I made as far back as FM5 looks in 7 and a few other manufacturer greens.
paint comp 1.png
paint comp 2.png
paint comp 3.png

Forza 5 was the best forza as far as graphics go. And even then it was downgraded compared to the original E3 showing, the later games aren't even close visually with drab colors, lastgen lighting and no shadows and no 3d trees, low AI lod.
mobile.163hksu3.jpg

getphoto3ixccs.jpg

mobile.67efqlh.jpg

Forza 5 was the best forza as far as graphics go. And even then it was downgraded compared to the original E3 showing, the later games aren't even close visually with drab colors, lastgen lighting and no shadows and no 3d trees, low AI lod.
mobile.163hksu3.jpg

getphoto3ixccs.jpg

mobile.67efqlh.jpg
Who cares about having 3D trees in a simcade racing game? No one takes notice of the trees.

Who goes away for like three days, comes back, and makes the exact same tired arguments all over again? Go make a separate thread or something, where you and anyone else with glaucoma can talk about how horrible the visuals are.

You want to make a point that FM5 looks better than FM7 by posting a screenshot of a Camaro in FM5 with mismatched reflection maps.

And you still want us to take you seriously? :D

You want to make a point that FM5 looks better than FM7 by posting a screenshot of a Camaro in FM5 with mismatched reflection maps.

And you still want us to take you seriously? :D
I'm not saying it's perfect, but the quality of material shaders and cube maps went down with FM6 and further down with FM7, to the point where cars look matte rather than reflective.

Forza 5 looked great, but as games progress and add more in future titles, cuts have to obviously be made somewhere. Much like the compromise of weather and TOD in GTS. Sure their cars look great in scapes, but when it comes to actual gameplay they really aren’t doing anymore than Forza. The routes they take seem to be rather different - Forza adds in more at the Small expense of graphical fidelity while GTS seems to choose graphical fidelty over features.

Either way, I can see plenty of reflections off the cars in Forza 7, and have even posted many. In game is hardly a difference, because the only way I pick my angles, is based of what I see in game, and most of the time that is heavily dependent on how the reflections look.

"Forza 5 was the best" - said as screenshots are shared from Photomode in a menu-only location. I guess we can start comparing Scapes from Sport next, too.

I can only imagine these comments are coming from people not playing on a One X, which has really transformed the game. It's much smoother and polished.

Anyway, I see not only the Lusso is added (I read Neilson making mention it) but the 599XX Evo is here now. 👍

Last edited:
Are we comparing base versions or FM5 with FM7 running on the Xbox One X? The graphics on the enhanced version look very convincing.

A downgrade of the base version is expected since the original Xbox One is pretty much a toaster. Don Mattrick deserves a very sad life for doing that.

Are we comparing base versions or FM5 with FM7 running on the Xbox One X? The graphics on the enhanced version look very convincing.

A downgrade of the base version is expected since the original Xbox One is pretty much a toaster. Don Mattrick deserves a very sad life for doing that.

But you can watch TV through it! /s

Mattrick is pretty much the reason Xbox never had a fighting chance to compete on Sony's terms this generation. Turned the Xbox into an underpowered DVR-slash-cable box that looked like an 80's VCR. Curtailed investment in first-party studios, until all that was left was Forza, Gears, and Halo. And of course, announced the new DRM restrictions, which went over as gracefully as sticking your face in the punch bowl.

Then they backtracked and he resigned, leaving behind nothing but wreckage for Phil Spencer to clean up. He deserves a ton of credit for rehabilitating the Xbox division, and it's image.

Where did Mattrick go? Zynga. To watch them circle the drain.

Last edited:
"Forza 5 was the best" - said as screenshots are shared from Photomode in a menu-only location. I guess we can start comparing Scapes from Sport next, too.

I can only imagine these comments are coming from people not playing on a One X, which has really transformed the game. It's much smoother and polished.

Anyway, I see not only the Lusso is added (I read Neilson making mention it) but the 599XX Evo is here now. 👍
vBZatOa.jpg

One X only provides a res bump, but the assets and the lighting stay the same, the track geometry was reduced significantly, the car ingame lods went back to Forza 4 level.
giphy.gif

One thing to note is that these compromises were likely made due to the fact that the series now supports 24 player races.

And dynamic weather, and dynamic time-of-day, and improved overall lighting over FM5. Those screenshots are also from the standard Xbox One version (I came across the official forum thread he took them from).

Forza Horizon 4 looks a lot nicer. It also maxes out at half the cars, half the frames drawn every second, and 1080p on a standard Xbox One.

FM5 maxed out the hardware graphically, early this gen. Adding any other bells and whistles was bound to come with trade-offs elsewhere.

And dynamic weather, and dynamic time-of-day, and improved overall lighting over FM5.

Eh, outside of the rain condition that isn't available on all the tracks, there is no dynamic time-of-day in FM7 (even then you don't get much of a transition). You just get a small handful of RNG skyboxes and prebaked lighting conditions + shadows per track.

Latest Posts

Back