Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
So guys, have you ever wondered what FM7 would be like with music from FM1? ...you didn't?
Fah, I still did it!

It would be nice if we could assign music in our libraries to specific events in games. For instance, If I could play LL Cool J's "Mamma Said Knock You Out" when ever I get to the race results screen in Forza, that would be nice. Geeky, but nice.

Finally listening to Dan Greenawalt in the Forza Monthly. LOL...

I guess Discord is the place to go with suggestions. :D

I've never been so bored watching Forza Monthly as I was tonight. Drift, drift, drift... 🤬

I'm fine with something for everyone but Turn 10 has so much bias for this thing lately.
I'm gonna have to agree. I mean, the drift community can't be that big and important than any other, unless they are the most vocal but still. It's becoming rather tiresome to be honest.

Hope the Discord can make a difference though, since the next Forza will be more community based.

Edit: It doesn't really bother me much, but I wouldn't mind seeing other important stuff get some attention.

Last edited:
TTM
Just got forza 7 in the mail.
Any interesting or cool things to know?
Do Leagues racing at least once a week. You get a free car or suit at the end of each week, and an extra free car or suit every four weeks. If you're worried about rammers or griefers, just race in the ghost league. You can't ram or be rammed.

I really wish that they do more stuff for Free Play. Fix the timed races so you have to finish the last lap you are on. And to go with that, a current lap count.

In simple terms, make them like GT's timed races.

I really wish that they do more stuff for Free Play. Fix the timed races so you have to finish the last lap you are on. And to go with that, a current lap count.

In simple terms, make them like GT's timed races.
Freeplay is better than it was in forza 6 but it's a far cry from where it can be. There needs to be a lot of work done and here's some that I have off the top of my head.

1. The timed race as you mentioned
2.liveries need to be on the AI cars when toggled on
3. Headlights need to work when dark..FOR EVERY CAR!
4. The ability to race stock cars within a division instead of forcing homologation on us
5. Many cars and bucket combinations get glitched and either does not give the designated car selected, gives multiples of one given car or just flat out crashes and freezes the game
6. Many different settings get reset when selecting another track or car and you wont notice usually until you start the race.
7. AI aggressiveness is backwards
8. They also should give us the ability to set up a custom championship if you will where we can select up to maybe 12 tracks and race them back to back plus saving those settings without any hiccups.

I think it'd be nice of T10 to be a little bit more upfront about what's more to come with FM7 in terms of content.

Not to say they've said nothing, because Dan said quite a bit on Forza monthly and that was good, with regards to FRR, E-Sports Updates etc that are still to come for FM7.

Looking on livestream chats at a glance and general socials, the general sentiment is that people want desperately want more content for FM7, like Tracks, larger Car updates (rather than just 1/2 cars per month which is a nice gesture don't get me wrong, people obviously want more though) and potential brand partnerships & expansions. People here obviously want that too, myself included.

I think if T10 just came out and said; "Hey there are no tracks in the works for FM7" or "Hey, there are no more car packs in the works for FM7" that would at least let people know they shouldn't be hoping for content that probably isn't going to come considering most of the team is moving to the next Forza project. It would keep expectations in check. Thoughts?

For me, I never expect nothing more other than just spotlight cars and a few new features like the race regs.

Expecting more tracks and expansions is just asking for folks to be disappointed, get all angry and complain about how "T10 lost touch developing their games" which is all happening here because some people expect too much! Because the community is darn diverse, T10 are probably struggling on who to listen to, which is why they've open a discord to get feedback from fans and know what they really want upfront for the next project.

What some of us need to do is keep our expectations low, just like with PD and GT games. Because mark my words: No tracks or expansions are coming, period. THAT is my expectation and no more.

Some really need to accept that this is all FM7 has to offer at the moment, and be patient with whatever they (T10) release from under their sleeves. That is the best we can do for now until FM8 (or whatever name it is called) arrives in the future.

It's why I've been enjoying the streams so far. Now some of you know.

For me, I never expect nothing more other than just spotlight cars and a few new features like the race regs.

Expecting more tracks and expansions is just asking for folks to be disappointed, get all angry and complain about how "T10 lost touch developing their games" which is all happening here because some people expect too much! Because the community is darn diverse, T10 are probably struggling on who to listen to, which is why they've open a discord to get feedback from fans and know what they really want upfront for the next project.

What some of us need to do is keep our expectations low, just like with PD and GT games. Because mark my words: No tracks or expansions are coming, period. THAT is my expectation and no more.

Some really need to accept that this is all FM7 has to offer at the moment, and be patient with whatever they (T10) release from under their sleeves. That is the best we can do for now until FM8 (or whatever name it is called) arrives in the future.

It's why I've been enjoying the streams so far. Now some of you know.

That's my feelin too. I wait for:
- a few spotlight cars
- race regulation (also available for Single player carreer and free play)
- Experimental drag race for all drag strips

Beside that Forza 7 is really a game with a huge content. I cannot complain

I don't think the Discord is actually going to accomplish anything. They already have a forum to use where things can be posted in a thread that can actually stay on topic and keeps things much more organized. Instead the Discord is basically a new garbage dump, like the wishlist threads on the forum. The chat moves so fast and topics change so often that things just get lost, and aside from some times when there aren't as many active users, it's rare for any meaningful discussion to happen.

There's also some really dumb people that are requesting really pointless things, like cutscenes for the story mode, more pickup trucks, snow weather conditions, and so on... Here's to hoping to Turn 10 aren't listening to them.

On the content side of things, at least for the part of the community that runs/races in organized leagues, I think many are starting feel like we have burned through most of the content in the game. The track list in particular has been boring nearly since launch as we basically only got one new track this time around. Since we don't know how much longer we are going to be stuck on FM7, it's getting to the point where we need something new that is somewhat substantial or to start preparing to move to a different title or shutting down the organized races until we have something fresh feeling. I'm not expecting anything to be added outside of their current monthly "Spotlight" cars though.

I don't think the Discord is actually going to accomplish anything. They already have a forum to use where things can be posted in a thread that can actually stay on topic and keeps things much more organized. Instead the Discord is basically a new garbage dump, like the wishlist threads on the forum. The chat moves so fast and topics change so often that things just get lost, and aside from some times when there aren't as many active users, it's rare for any meaningful discussion to happen.

There's also some really dumb people that are requesting really pointless things, like cutscenes for the story mode, more pickup trucks, snow weather conditions, and so on... Here's to hoping to Turn 10 aren't listening to them.

On the content side of things, at least for the part of the community that runs/races in organized leagues, I think many are starting feel like we have burned through most of the content in the game. The track list in particular has been boring nearly since launch as we basically only got one new track this time around. Since we don't know how much longer we are going to be stuck on FM7, it's getting to the point where we need something new that is somewhat substantial or to start preparing to move to a different title or shutting down the organized races until we have something fresh feeling. I'm not expecting anything to be added outside of their current monthly "Spotlight" cars though.

Discord ATM is just a replacement for the forum, nothing about FM8 development has been said yet.

That the game needs some new tracks, it's a given, but Turn 10 would rather make them for next FM, it seems. The game needs to be transposed to the new Xbox, where hopefully it runs at 4K60 with full weather and time effects, then the Xbox One X's version is scaled down accordingly since it no longer has the burden of running the game at 4K60 and serving as poster child of the current flagship console.

Let's face it, if FM8 comes with all these features, plus more updated content (cars and tracks), a workable career mode, a fully customizable Free Play mode, no locked cars, a healthy amount of polish and the FRR for the hoppers, I don't think anyone would complain even if it still lacked animated pit stops and qualifying rules (which I want to see in the franchise in some form). Discord audience is diverse and a mirror of the community itself. There's people who couldn't care less about flags and qualifying and want better sandbox, better AI, and so on.

Myself, the biggest feature I want the next Forza to have is full dynamic weather and day/night transition. The "professional" side of the game doesn't interest me very much. I don't have enough time for that. It can and probably should go more sim, but there's a "Forza feel" that people are familiar with and they just don't want to give up. If you give up this "feel" you risk losing more people than you'd win by going more sim.

I feel they should keep what they have and add content. I agree there is a Forza feel - and I appreciate that fact, as it is inclusive to a wider audience which I believe if handled properly can be beneficial for longevity. I feel they should keep adding onto what they have. Not abandon it my going more SIM, rather enhance it by allowing/enabling/creating more SIM features.

I also agree - Discord is weird. I'm not sure how they are going to use it. I'm not sure how the forums aren't already established with the best ideas possible.

I did enjoy the FFB enhancements - and the recent drift stuff - I'm not a drift guy nor can I do it well - but I appreciate the challenge just the same.

Variety ftw

It's not about going all out sim but rather dropping all the wacky stuff carried over from the Horizon series, but when I see how many players use the wacky cars and wacky driver gear, maybe I'm in the minority.

Pjy5L-1461081939-3424-list_items-wacky_dirk_300.gif

I'm sharing my favorite dlc cars from Forza Motorsport 7. In spite of any criticisms I have for the dlc, there was actually a lot of great cars added to dlc. Picking favorites was hard for me. A good chunk of my favorites though were GT Racing Reborn cars, hehe.

I don't see a need to remove it is all - I didn't think I cared about a lot of the fluff either - but its done and I kinda like it now. I really want something like PC2/GTS/FM7/Asseto Corsa/iRacing - all rolled into one game.... all the games into one game lol. Or give me another game with freakin Road Atlanta. I guess iRacing has it but i don't agree with that pay structure so much.

Speaking of Touring Cars, I tried making my own Prelude Touring Car for fun. I just copied the setup from the Civic TC. Everything is fairly similar except for the braking. They aren't strong enough compared to the other cars.

The Forza games usually ship with enough content to get your moneys worth regardless of DLC but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cut a track from the next game only to sell it as DLC at a later date after people asking for new tracks for FM7... 'We listen to the community' ;)

Looking at it, forza 7 is probably the only sim/ sim type racing game that has not had any track DLC. Even GTsport is getting their fair share of tracks with more to come. Project cars 2 stopped their content releases 6 months ago and still added 4 tracks to their game. I dont get it with T10, just one track cant be too much to ask for.

Back