Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Ooh, this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear. Visual customization always felt so lacking aside from the usual iconic tuner cars, so hearing this has been expanded is encouraging!

Yeah there's certainly some odd-ball stuff in there, that Maserati Gran Turismo kit is something else, though I think you can only get these on the Forza Edition cars not the base version. Though I haven't checked practically any cars yet so I have no idea if this is true.

So with my first championship down, here's my thoughts so far.

Sounds and Visuals are as expected, freaking beautiful. :drool:

Little detail I noticed during the GTR at Wet Suzuka was the leading edge of the wing was ever so slightly flexing by the wind, more noticeable on the Bugatti EB110 I picked. :)

The race distance option is a great option for the more hardcore driver, a long race at Spa was 7 laps and took me just over 18 mins and payed out 82k on unbeatable AI.

An Extra Long race Suzuka was 20 laps and took me nearly 45 mins to finish and payed out 200K again with unbeatable AI and no mods. :eek:

I'm honestly just scratching the surface and i'm already impressed by what I've seen, this is gonna be a good one. :D:tup:

Adjustable race length is great, though there isn't any option to choose a specific amount of laps. Kinda disappointing.
by how much does it change the race length? If i am in a race that is default 2 laps, how many laps would it be if I set it to extra long?

by how much does it change the race length? If i am in a race that is default 2 laps, how many laps would it be if I set it to extra long?

Change depending on track. E.g Maple Valley Short is 5 laps on normal race length, 17 Laps on long length and 50 laps on extra long length

Can someone tell me the options of the split screen please ? :) how many ai we can add , can we customize the race like in freeplay , can we choose ai cars divisions like in freeplay , can we customize weather ?

My game seems to be stuck. I chose the F50 as my free car got a saving screen and still there telling me not to exit the game. That doesn't look good.

Also did not see the section for leaderboards. Under rivals there were just a few listings unlike Forza 6 which had the open rivals sections for each car class and each track. Please tell me they have not done away with the ability to drive any car you own on the leaderboard and compare times.

btw Yes the Porsche felt better but when I drove it all the assists were on and I had not yet found the right button to turn them off so kind of an apples to oranges thing for me.

I am absolutely LOVING this game! What a HUGE improvement from Forza 6. I've stood by my word and gone with the full Gran Turismo route. I bought a 1990 Miata as my first car, and have been knocking out some beginner-style races in Free Play. Absolutely amazing.

Only got to play around 40 minutes last night before going to sleep but what little I played I really enjoyed. I started off with a quick 5 lap race on Mugello with the Ferrari 641, where I was absolutely desimated by an X Class Peugeot 905, so it seems they've both nerfed the 641 (seems to have more understeer) AND buffed up the LMP's when they're tuned up to X. Even pushing the 641 as far as I could, I could only get a .2 second better lap when racing on Pro.

I then bought the 1990 Miata and tuned it to the top of it's division as well as "buying" all the F&F cars. After seeing the GTX had 2,000 HP I had to do a drag race with it, where it just destroyed everything from a McLaren F1 GT to a VW GRC and even a Ford GT FE.

Will hopefully be able to make a good start to the career mode when I get home from college today.

So I wasn't planning to get this after having played the demo, but the flesh is weak and I bought the Ultimate Edition yesterday (PC). :lol: Looking forward to giving it a few laps over the weekend. Game looks absolutely beautiful so far. 👍

Anyone else notice how different the 911 Gt2 handles compared to the demo?
Yes. It still drives fundamentally the same (as in a RR car), but with much better feedback of what the car is doing, making it easier to correct. It is quite a monster!

I'm loving the game. Sebring at night/sunrise looks really good.

And funny story: I did the limo bowling thingy in the Top Gear Test Track, before the event I chose forza vista to show the car to my nephew and saw the "explode" option. I actually thought it was going to explode and hear Jeremy Clarkson's voice in the background.

The "Homologation" system ruined the game for me. I hate it. I honestly do. I want to drive my car as close as stock and I can't. Previous Forzas at least gave you the option to race your car as you wanted, even if was in disadvantage.

What a disappointment. I really don't want to play this game anymore.
Even in free play? I mean can you run stock in free play? Is it just career that "homoglates"? Whatever that means... :lol:

The "Homologation" system ruined the game for me. I hate it. I honestly do. I want to drive my car as close as stock and I can't. Previous Forzas at least gave you the option to race your car as you wanted, even if was in disadvantage.

What a disappointment. I really don't want to play this game anymore.
The system in fh3 was pretty great for me . If you get in the race with stock car all ai cars takes stock cars with you . Or if you want add something to your car and lets say your pi is 548 and every ai in the race had a similar pi with you . Of course homologation would be good choice but we shouldnt have forced to use it . I hope they bring back(as a choice for people like me) the fh3 system in future updates .

I thought when I heard about them grouping cars to be more competitive rather than the traditional classes they have had that could be a good thing, more divisions on the leader boards, more cars that can compete, more options. But I do not see a leaderboard area other than under the few rival events where you have little or no choice which car/track to drive. That is a gut shot to me and I am sure many others who enjoy hot lapping and comparing times.

The thing is that I don't really care about leaderboards, or what people do online. I only play offline. And if this is forced on career which is the core of the game, then what is left? Paid $100 just to play arcade or "free play"?

Hell, they even call events "lobby!" What the hell? I am not playing online, nor want to!

The thing is that I don't really care about leaderboards, or what people do online. I only play offline. And if this is forced on career which is the core of the game, then what is left? Paid $100 just to play arcade or "free play"?

Hell, they even call events "lobby!" What the hell? I am not playing online, nor want to!

I have never really liked the offline play. To me racing against the AI is just not any fun. I enjoy racing with my friends and competing for fastest laps then looking on the leaderboards to see where I fall among my friends and across the world. Forza has offered this in every version I have played but it appears to be missing in 7. I would rather them completely remove career mode than kill the leaderboards.

Hopefully that the leaderboards just aren't up yet... Anyone who has a Twitter account willing to ask? That is basically the place to tune, it would be absolutely insane if they removed them.

Only had one race so far in Free Play with the Touareg R50 so it's probably a little early to make a definitive assessment but so far, there are things I like and things I dislike.

I like the GT style Car Collection aspect a lot where you need to progress and win credits to buy better cars. The Speciality Dealer is a great touch too. Really reminds me of early GTs.
The UI is pretty too.

However, I was surprised to find that when I set Damage to Simulation, it only took a slight knock of my R50 to 🤬 up my transmission and gearbox. I'd understand if I proper crashed but just a minor bump??

The Forzavista mode is not as good as FM6 IMO. You can't look around the vehicle like you could before. Just seems more basic.

If what HuskyGT said is true that you must have a homologated car in Career mode that is a bit crap. Luckily, I do like hotlapping on my own in Free Play so not a complete disaster but annoying nevertheless.

Graphics look very nice as always although I gotta be honest, PC2's are more impressive to me so far, as is the physics model.

First impressions from playing 2 hours until 3/4-rd into seeker :

pros :
* graphics can be stunning, most impressive track so far was Long Beach with the Ken Block car event, absolutely amazing.
* sound overall has improved quite a bit but after you swap into a couple of cars the improvements also sound a bit generic within the same car classes.
* interactive loading screens (initially).
* the new dashboard camera is nice.
* better balanced economy. credits are much more difficult to come by and that is good.
* massive amount of cars.
* specialty dealer is fun - 3 cars were available for 12 days and cannot be bought via the normal way, after 12 days they will disappear and new ones will come (this will probably return at some point, appear in loot crates, Forzathon and what not)
* the mods system has improved with mods now all being consumables instead of 2 out of 3 mods being permanent.
* runs absolutely great on a standard XBox One. Apart from slower car 3D model loading times on the race setup / car selection compared to the old 2D models, this game runs solid during the races.

cons :
* same old, same thing feeling, just in a shiny new jacket.
* after playing PCARS 2 for an entire week, I absolutely dislike the handling and physics, cars don't feel "heavy" and loose grip so easy. This game absolutely feels like its leaning quite heavy towards arcade games.
* after you have set up everything, you'll be waiting during the interactive loading screens anyway since you are not going to change assist settings etc every race.
* on wet tracks cars don't leave marks, a wet track can be a perfect mirror and it stays that way when a car races over it, not really immersive.
* i don't like the cheesy menu music.
* AI even with aggression limited can be very aggressive, this is not motorsport racing, this is demolition derby in every single corner.
* Dubai feels a bit dull but hey, it's a new track.
* annoying narrator voice.
* some features unavailable at launch (auction house, Forzathon, market place)
* dynamic weather looks gorgeous but in the end its just a gimmick. Dry, wet, rain all matters little on these automatic tyres, it's just a bit more grip on dry and a bit less on wet. Same style as FH3.

My overall feeling is that the franchise is more and more aiming at a young public and at the same time becomes more distant with real motorsport. Loot crates are the new thing in so many games and the Forza franchise happily follows. There are plenty of free cars rewarded at various points in the game (special events, leveling up, opening crates). The new cars to the franchise are all the "cool cars for the kids" with Hoonigan cars and Fast and Furious cars while new 2016/2017 racing cars are completely absent with 1 exception. The driver gear and that ragdoll making silly over-the-top animations standing idle next to the car, it's rather useless and pointless but I guess those kids will love it as well. This game feels like it's all about the way the content is wrapped up, rather than the content itself if you know what I mean. But I'm sure it will work, this is the way to please the masses anno 2017 I guess.

I'm enjoying it for now though, opening loot crates, leveling up, getting credits to buy new cars, doing the championship and unlocking events there. But once I've played through it all once the replay value will be minimal.

Last edited:
Sorry-i cant stop laughing about some talking about Forza AI when pc2 AI is just something else regardless 1st corner "traffic jam" LOL
Some features will be ON when normal game releases in few days - i thought that should be pretty obvious isnt? :D
Other than that - cracking game,glad i have a choice from 700 cars rather than poor 180 :D
Game is much better than i expected,but there is always be haters regardless if game good or bad ;)
After playing both pc2 and FM7 i can see why Forza physics is improved and pc2 is same - no wonders there :D
Glad i got pc2 for free,as i cant see touching it again after playing FM7

A quick question about the dynamic weather: When it starts to rain do the dry tyres become terrible and you have to pit to change to wets? right?

Ok am I going insane? I went to Race Setup in Free Play and saw an option for Multi Class racing and then it had other options like Group 1 and Group 2 cars etc. Now, I can no longer see it. Has anyone else seen it?

Back